PDA

View Full Version : Best mission to run for S ranks now?

Turbobrain
Sep 5, 2007, 05:34 AM
I guess that up till recently, Mad Beasts S2 was good as everything on there(I think) pays out an S... I've been lucky and had two so far.

Also, it's quite easy to solo due to the tricks you can do with the landscape. I would say I can do S rank an S2 on 35 minutes using 3 scapes MAX.

I also like Rainbow Beast but the drops on this seem tough, though I got a Deva-Zashi once... Dual-Sentinal looks good but it's tough going for my FT'r and takes about 35mins(has anyone actually FOUND a Psycho-Wand here?) it is a good mission never the less especially for rares IMO.

So I guess what I'm asking is(as someone that loves hunting for rares) what do you guys reckon the best mission is at this time to do just from a rares payout(as in S ranks, good units) I'm really after a Cariguna-Rukar but that mission is tough(DS!). So what you guys reckon?:) Later on we're doing the new co-op that I never remeber the name of...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-09-05 03:36 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2007, 05:36 AM
Most people are running Duel in the Ruins S2 at Foran Waterfall. Pretty good selection of S-ranks there. People were running the HIVE S2 missions but from what I hear, they're suddenly dead now.

Turbobrain
Sep 5, 2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I'll be running Duel in the Ruins later to level up my alt and look for the Biko... 30 Jao's and NO axe!

I mean for my main newman FT'r. I love Mad Beasts aqnd it has some great drops but frankly I';m getting a bit bored of it.

I could always use another Halarod though:)

Urtri
Sep 5, 2007, 06:56 AM
I'd Say it depends on your Class.
Forte gunners - Desert Terror
Fortetechers - Rainbow Beast
Fifgunners - Mad Beasts, etc

the bad thing is that many of these runs have to be solo'ed now as many people tend to stay in the hotspots.

Aka
Sep 5, 2007, 07:17 AM
On 2007-09-05 04:56, Urtri wrote:

the bad thing is that many of these runs have to be solo'ed now as many people tend to stay in the hotspots.

Uh, I'd say Fortetecher is the worst possible class you could do Rainbow Beast with. I'd have a much easier time doing that mission as a Gunner or Melee.

Zael
Sep 5, 2007, 07:32 AM
I simply cannot believe nobody's mentioned Demons Above S2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Arika
Sep 5, 2007, 08:32 AM
HIVE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gryffin
Sep 5, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-09-05 03:39, Turbobrain wrote:
Yeah, I'll be running Duel in the Ruins later to level up my alt and look for the Biko... 30 Jao's and NO axe!

I mean for my main newman FT'r. I love Mad Beasts aqnd it has some great drops but frankly I';m getting a bit bored of it.

I could always use another Halarod though:)

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I killed 78 Jao and didn't get an axe, only got one fireworks... on the like, 75th kill.

Buuuuuut, my friend went and bought a Bico for Me, Basi, and Hatsu. XD

Rashiid
Sep 5, 2007, 08:54 AM
On 2007-09-05 05:17, Aka wrote:

On 2007-09-05 04:56, Urtri wrote:

Uh, I'd say Fortetecher is the worst possible class you could do Rainbow Beast with. I'd have a much easier time doing that mission as a Gunner or Melee.

he ment drop-wise. 3 S ranks for techers tehre; Baji; Uransara; Shi-Kikami...

but the only mission that has sumthin for EVERY class is Seed Awakening S2. (well not PT yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Turbobrain
Sep 5, 2007, 09:35 AM
I mean also in terms of time spent / drops.

I have done probably around 100 Rainbow Beasts and got Cati-Senba[B ] and Deva-Zashi[B ]... was looking for Uransaru but those were good.

I have done Mad Beasts around 100 times and got Halarod[B ] and two Stormlines[B's] and a bunch of A weps/ boards. Funnily enough I just found the second Stormline today just after I posted this thread. I am debating whether to synth it as the last one failed and I don't have a FG.

In any case I can run MB S2 real quick due to the terrain advantage(if anyone knows what I mean:)). It just seems to drop a lot and often even if they are just A weps/boards....

I am thinking of Dual Sentinal S2 but I think on that it's really a question of getting the right map, as one map is full of stoopid Mizuras that just drop Agetha-Kikami... a lot. The other maps have a fair few Jarba's/Sylvatus's and De-Ragnus has some real kick ass drops(has ANYONE actually got one? after about 20 s2 runs not even a dorse!). I am thinking about running some Dual Sentinal as there are some real nice drops there including pscho-wand but I am sure they have little chance of dropping(anyoner got lucky on this map?).

It may just be me but I seem to get lucky on MB S2.... ~I really want a Sweet Death for my FiG, but those Gol Dova's are mean....

Aaaagh so many missions, so many items and so little time....

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2007, 10:41 AM
On 2007-09-05 07:35, Turbobrain wrote:
I am thinking of Dual Sentinal S2 but I think on that it's really a question of getting the right map, as one map is full of stoopid Mizuras that just drop Agetha-Kikami... a lot. The other maps have a fair few Jarba's/Sylvatus's and De-Ragnus has some real kick ass drops(has ANYONE actually got one? after about 20 s2 runs not even a dorse!). I am thinking about running some Dual Sentinal as there are some real nice drops there including pscho-wand but I am sure they have little chance of dropping(anyoner got lucky on this map?).

I see De Ragnus Dorsos dropping left and right in Duel in the Ruins S2. If you want some De Ragnus rares, I recommend that mission over Dual Sentinel because it's far faster. Apparently there's been a few Twin Tornado drops as well, but I've yet to get one ;_; Waaaaant....

/wrist

But enough of my S-rank hunting failure angst XD