PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Fortegunners, how do you kill Polvaras?

RufuSwho
Sep 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
Polvara is bullet resistant, high def, and has an irritating charge move when attacked front-on.

Here's the options I've tried:

Fire Rifle: slow unless the SE hits quickly, then it ticks for 2000+ and maybe the fastest way
The high stamina keeps the SE from hitting quickly

Ground Spear: Very nice x2 damage but only after you sneak around back, as a fortegunner i want to start damage from across the room

Rising Strike (Ground): pushes the beast over, not the highest damage but not too shabby, helps the party more than anything

Ground Launcher: Not the best or worst at damage but misses when they charge forward, possibly the best for when 2 Polvaras are next to each other (all 4 hit boxes for max GL damage)

Ground Shotgun: Sadly my Shotgun is less than lvl 10 in ground. it does seem that it will do the max damage but only after running in range, and does not keep the beast from charging

Ground Mechgun: you can continue to rack up hits while they are charging. However the ground rifle will out damage this

Honorable Mention:
Ice rifle: Polvara-sickles are funny
Boma Maga: fun to watch it stagger along freezing, but not the fastest kill.

These options are fairly balanced in usefullness.

Question is, what do my fellow Fortegunners use?

Midicronica
Sep 5, 2007, 04:53 PM
I ain't a Fortegunner, I'm a GT. I'll go ahead and answer anyway.

I kill it with fire. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 04:54 PM
You have traps, you don't get to complain.

Mayu
Sep 5, 2007, 04:55 PM
I would say they pull out a rifle add SE 4 Fire or Virus

If they don't have that well Trap him lol

and pew pew pew

Randomness
Sep 5, 2007, 05:25 PM
Traps, or nanoblast.

McLaughlin
Sep 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
Don't wait, Incinerate!

Uncle_bob
Sep 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
Obsidian gave the right answer in the most stylish way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

amtalx
Sep 6, 2007, 07:47 AM
Easy. Most Polavohras bring a friend, so Burn Trap G is step one. Step two is pull out your Ground Shotgun (you need to level this NOW) and shoot it in the shoulder. There is a hitpoint in the head and stomach, so if you are properly positioned you can hit both. With maxed out buff/debuff goodies I can do over 2000 damage per shot on top of the Burn. More often than not, I can knock out a Polavohra by myself faster than a few fighters tag teaming one, haha. As far as the charge move? get adequate Lightning armor and ignore it. You will be killing them so fast that they won't get off too many charges anyway. Try it and you will make techers and their OMGZW00T Diga criticals look like child's play even on Lvl 100+.

RufuSwho
Sep 6, 2007, 01:42 PM
the shoulder, hmmm
great tips amtlax! thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Burn G is a given

i really will have to level the shotgun then

RufuSwho
Sep 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
ps: "OMGZWOOT Diga critical" got me rollin'