PDA

View Full Version : AotI: T.V. commercial

littleman2347
Sep 5, 2007, 08:58 PM
I was just watching the end of bleach and i saw a commercail for AoI. I didn't think they advertised it at all. Anyone else see this ever? Or am i just repeating old news.

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-09-05 19:07 ]</font>

Randomness
Sep 5, 2007, 09:02 PM
Was this JP or US TV?

littleman2347
Sep 5, 2007, 09:05 PM
JP was watch'n it raw and saw it : p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2007-09-05 19:05 ]</font>

Freshellent
Sep 5, 2007, 09:05 PM
Nevermind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Icespike on 2007-09-05 19:05 ]</font>

littleman2347
Sep 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
hehe ya i didnt think they advertised it at all but i guess i was wrong.

littleman2347
Sep 5, 2007, 09:08 PM
Ya o well they should in the US.

RedX
Sep 5, 2007, 09:08 PM
In japan they do >.>

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2007, 09:22 PM
It's not another horribly rehashed First-Person Shooter or a horribly rehashed car game. It won't get advertised in the States.

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 5, 2007, 09:35 PM
If you search in youtube, you'll be able to find the commercials for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpJgI7pKAP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOy6MWPASOY

Rashiid
Sep 5, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-09-05 19:35, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOy6MWPASOY

lol look at 2-4 seconds.

now thats how you handle sum SEED!!

Umberger
Sep 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
That first link...the second part of it just seems so...unprofessional. =|

RedX
Sep 5, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-09-05 19:47, Umberger wrote:
That first link...the second part of it just seems so...unprofessional. =|

That was the best part of the whole thing. Who wouldn't want buy the game after seeing that?

Lykos
Sep 5, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-09-05 19:22, Typheros wrote:
It's not another horribly rehashed First-Person Shooter or a horribly rehashed car game. It won't get advertised in the States.

So apparently only horribly rehashed games get advertised in the States.

Omega_Weltall
Sep 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
YES! that and Madden or (insert EA Sports game here)

Sinue_v2
Sep 5, 2007, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHgm7aees2U

I find this commercial interesting... as in, why? None of the planets in PSU, or AoI, or in any foreseeable expansion are eliminated. Hearkening back to PSII nostalgia, perhaps, but again - why, if they're not going to integrate the series or have have anything to do with one another. What was the point?

Seems another pointless reference aimed at nothing but suckering in fans to a completely different game.

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 10:10 PM
They blew up the wrong planet.

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2007, 10:12 PM

Oh my GOD the dancing XD!

Chuck_Norris
Sep 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-09-05 20:12, Typheros wrote:

Oh my GOD the dancing XD!

Ugh. This one wont load for me...

Powder Keg
Sep 5, 2007, 10:43 PM
US needs some big time advertising pronto!

Though I'm sure merging with JP will definitely help at least..

SkyCaptain360
Sep 5, 2007, 10:56 PM
i saw it too man dw ure not crazy ;P

pionear
Sep 5, 2007, 11:00 PM
None of those links was for AoI...That was I thought you guys were posting.

Nice original PSU vids, though.

imfanboy
Sep 6, 2007, 04:11 AM
On 2007-09-05 19:52, Lykos wrote:

On 2007-09-05 19:22, Typheros wrote:

So apparently only horribly rehashed games get advertised in the States.

Yes. Why?

Well, advertising costs money. To make sure you GET money, you have to have a game that WILL sell. What will sell? Well, games that have sold before! Final Fantasy games... EA Sports games...

My problem with PS2/360 is that development costs are going to be so extreme that the only games you're going to see on there WILL BE the ones that are going to sell enough copies to recoup their losses.

In ten years, on the high-power platforms you'll never see an oddball game like Katamari Damacy or Mr. Mosquito; there will be only four games for sale: Madden '17, Final Fantasy 15, Halo 6, and Grand Theft Auto 8.

Which is why I support the Wii. Not only because of innovative playstyle (though it has that), but because the dev costs are so low that people CAN and WILL program games for it that you wouldn't see anywhere else.

F-Gattaca
Sep 6, 2007, 06:37 AM
There's so many ways you can take this.

I should point out that there's a lot of detractors out there who call PSU a horrible rehash itself. I saw one rather nasty article on a game site retitle the game as "Phantasy Star: Rehash of Dreamcast Failures."

People've made the same observations (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock) about Bioshock (that it's a carbon copy gameplay wise of System Shock 2).

But hey, people play both games and love it, regardless of how much of a horrible rehash they may or may not be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-06 04:41 ]</font>

Chibi_psu
Sep 6, 2007, 07:38 AM
i love the crying girl spot with the planet blowing

Golto
Sep 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
Sega is just too cheap to advertise PSU in the US. Come on, the publishers of that stunt driving game can afford to play their tv commercial all the time and that won't be huge seller. Its not expensive as some people try to make it just to make excuses for sega's utter cheapness. We're not talking about commericals during the super bowl here.

Cracka_J
Sep 6, 2007, 01:07 PM
golto is right. you get random no-name games like the stunt one he mentioned, bmx garbage, and several other titles from developers without bankloads of cash because they know that advertising works. it doesn't matter if the game is crap or not, the developer/publisher should spend ANY or ALL leftover resources on advertising. one well placed commercial during a kids cartoon or late night audience targeting the right group of people will sell you games, regardless of how horrible the game is. mainstream gamers will buy ANYTHING these days. If you disagree, take a trip to you're local gamestop and tally the games you would buy vs. the games you would never touch. Yet, there is a reason that they exist and that's because someone is buying them, and were most likely told through some kind of tv/magazine/net ad to go buy it.

bottom line is sega is being cheap. there are many forms of advertising besides even tv to go through (tv/net ads mentioned above), and seriously how many of you have seen ANY form of advertising in the US regarding the game? they need to start pushing this thing right now...otherwise psu is pretty much doomed remain a niche online game.

HaydenX
Sep 6, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-09-06 11:07, Cracka_J wrote:
golto is right. you get random no-name games like the stunt one he mentioned, bmx garbage, and several other titles from developers without bankloads of cash because they know that advertising works. it doesn't matter if the game is crap or not, the developer/publisher should spend ANY or ALL leftover resources on advertising. one well placed commercial during a kids cartoon or late night audience targeting the right group of people will sell you games, regardless of how horrible the game is. mainstream gamers will buy ANYTHING these days. If you disagree, take a trip to you're local gamestop and tally the games you would buy vs. the games you would never touch. Yet, there is a reason that they exist and that's because someone is buying them, and were most likely told through some kind of tv/magazine/net ad to go buy it.

bottom line is sega is being cheap. there are many forms of advertising besides even tv to go through (tv/net ads mentioned above), and seriously how many of you have seen ANY form of advertising in the US regarding the game? they need to start pushing this thing right now...otherwise psu is pretty much doomed remain a niche online game.

I used to take the same position as you on the final point you mentioned. Then I realized that Anime has taken a serious hit in popularity (among teens) over the past few years. I was part of the Gundam, DBZ, toonami crowd. The thing is...PSU looks, feels, smells, sounds, and tastes like an Anime game. I believe that regardless of the advertising, PSU will always be a niche game. It seems unfortunate, but if you want PSU to be at the forefront of mainstream, go to Tokyo.

zandra117
Sep 6, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-09-05 20:00, Sinue_v2 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHgm7aees2U

I find this commercial interesting... as in, why? None of the planets in PSU, or AoI, or in any foreseeable expansion are eliminated. Hearkening back to PSII nostalgia, perhaps, but again - why, if they're not going to integrate the series or have have anything to do with one another. What was the point?

Seems another pointless reference aimed at nothing but suckering in fans to a completely different game.

I think thats moatoob's moon going boom.

Has anyone else noticed that Ethan Waber in his new outfit resembles Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach in Tenza Zangetsu Bankai mode?

Also, here is the last 5 minutes of the new episode of Bleach including the PSU:AOI trailer. It also has a commercial for that beetle fighting card game that we see as room decorations in psu.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ePUvkiCeLk
I find it interesting that Japanese tv goes into a short commercial break then comes back to show the ending credits of the anime rather than going into commercials after the credits.

pikachief
Sep 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-09-05 19:35, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
If you search in youtube, you'll be able to find the commercials for them.

wow the second part of that video 1. was hot cuz the person making the video played as a fat chick.

2. supports my theory oven further than sega likes fat chix.

my fat chick gets rares like crazy. in AOI the enemies in the new nuddaiz lvl re fat chix. almost half the girls in the nudaiz shops are fat. in PSO u could make your newmans fat. one of the only games where u can make your character fat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

so much evidence that sega likes fat chix! i wonder if my fat chix clan had an event, if sega would sponsor it....

Sinue_v2
Sep 6, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I thought of that as well. Weren't there people living on Moatoob's moon when it went boom?

Still, I have to ask, what is the significance? Barely a whisper is mentioned of Moatoob's moon throughout the game, both online and offline. It doesn't play a prominent part of PSU's storyline either, as we never get to visit any of the bases or hideouts on Moatoob's rings, nor does anything important there affect the storyline of PSU. It's trivia, at best.

However, that would be an extremely awesome lobby or town to visit as it would have a spectacular view of Moatoob, hopefully showing more of the planet than what we get to see of Parum from either viewing plaza on the GC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-09-06 21:51 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 7, 2007, 12:00 AM
Moatoob has a moon?

Sinue_v2
Sep 7, 2007, 12:04 AM
Had. Past tense.

pikachief
Sep 7, 2007, 12:08 AM
the fat girl conspiracy is much more important than entire planets and moons being obliterated >.>

zandra117
Sep 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-09-06 22:00, Zorafim wrote:
Moatoob has a moon?

"Moatoob was once a lush, green planet with abundant water sources. During the war, however, the moon that once orbited the planet was destroyed resulting in the gravitational balance it once had with Moatoob to be thrown off. The oceans soon began to ebb and drought spread transforming the planet into a vast desert."

Kylie
Sep 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
Neato. If only they did any sort of advertising here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KTani
Sep 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
That commercial has been on the website for a while. Neat to see it in context though.

About Moatoob's moon...It's said over and over that Beasts were designed to handle Moatoob's harsh climate. What was harsh about it if it was lush and green? Also, are there transcripts for the offline story mode? I saw one for chapter 9, are there any more? There were lots of little trivia things like this, but I missed several.

Psycho_Sonic
Sep 8, 2007, 12:53 AM

You guys are acting like the story isn't written by 4-year-olds.

A2K
Sep 8, 2007, 01:07 AM
On 2007-09-07 14:52, KTani wrote:
That commercial has been on the website for a while. Neat to see it in context though.

About Moatoob's moon...It's said over and over that Beasts were designed to handle Moatoob's harsh climate. What was harsh about it if it was lush and green? Also, are there transcripts for the offline story mode? I saw one for chapter 9, are there any more? There were lots of little trivia things like this, but I missed several.

The moon was probably destroyed long before the beasts were ever even conceived, in a human war. At least, that's the simplest explanation for this apparent discontinuity.

pikachief
Sep 8, 2007, 01:07 AM
Y DOES NO ONE CHAR ABOUT THE FAT CHICL CONSPIRACY!? ITS A SERIOUS ISSUE!

F-Gattaca
Sep 8, 2007, 01:21 AM
On 2007-09-07 22:53, Psycho_Sonic wrote:

You guys are acting like the story isn't written by 4-year-olds.

That's because it wasn't.

Can someone point out where it was said that beasts were designed from the outset to live in Moatoob's harsh climate?

From online story mode, and from what sources I remember, beasts were described as a genetically engineered breed designed for hard, dangerous labor; much like the Homo atrox species of Anarchy Online.

According to Lucaim Nav, the beasts were slaves to humans and had absolutely no rights. Their sole purpose in life was to mine and build. The 500 year war involved their war for independence, and from what I remember of the story mission where he discusses this, Moatoob's moon was destroyed during the course of this war; for all we know, it might've been used in a Gundam style colony drop that failed for whatever reason, yet still messed the planet up terribly.

Also, and this is important, Lucaim Nav said that these details were largely left out of Gurhalian schools. Laia remarked how none of this was taught in classes. I'm guessing it was deliberately done so that younger generations would grow ignorant of the strife and hatred the four races had for eachother over the course of the five centuries of war, leaving that knowledge only to a select few--or terrorist groups like Illuminus.

Sinue_v2
Sep 8, 2007, 01:49 AM
You're pretty much right on the mark about that. Beasts weren't designed to live in the harsh conditions of Moatoob, and they obviously aren't flourishing there since the overall population of Moatoob is rather low. They are better suited for it than the other races, however. (Which makes no sense, since CASTS wouldn't have to worry about heat stroke, and they'd benefit the most from the rich mineral deposits)

Beasts were designed for manual labor, for working in the mines. Hence the small beasts, since they can get into the smaller areas of the mine more readily. It's the same reason we used to use children in mines long ago, which started the drive for child labor laws in the US. And actually, the Nanoblast form was the ideal form for all beasts, but it wasn't sustainable because it used too much energy. That's why Beasts look mostly humanish.

Esufer
Sep 8, 2007, 07:04 AM
On 2007-09-07 23:07, pikachief wrote:
Y DOES NO ONE CHAR ABOUT THE FAT CHICL CONSPIRACY!? ITS A SERIOUS ISSUE!

Because you're spamming about off-topic shit.

littleman2347
Sep 8, 2007, 09:50 AM
Wow this topic got a little big....didnt expect that. On topic sort of werent the cast made for the same general reason that beasts were just earlyer. I dont know what sprouted this idea.

zandra117
Sep 8, 2007, 10:44 AM
Thats why I believe the PSU timeline from that magazine is non-canon, there is too much stuff on that timeline contradicting the dialouge in game, at best it just gives us the dating system. That magazine timeline is probably what they teach in gurhalian public schools to cover up what really happened.

This is how I believe the 500 year war went down. Humans, Newmans, and Casts settled in the Gurhal system from another star system. Humans didnt consider Casts as having souls so they were considered disposable and were used as servants while newmans had fundamental human rights and eventually were able to gain governmental rule over neudaiz. Casts got mad and rebelled against the humans, starting the 500 year war. The newmans closed neudaiz off from the rest of the gurhal system during the majority of the war, allowing their religion to develop. The Casts ran the humans off of Parum and the humans retreated to moatoob, which at the time was environmentally similar to neudaiz. The Casts began an assault on moatoob and destroyed Moatoob's moon, causing the waters to recede underground, changeing the surface into a desert. In order to survive in the new environment humans created new casts that were networked into a single hive mind that could be easily controlled by humans and used as workers for the easily exhausted humans (like the lou units), making them least likely to rebel. The casts managed to take control of these new casts anyway through hacking. As a final means of survival the humans reverted to the same technology that created the newmans and used it to create workers that would not get over exhausted in the harsh environment and could not get hacked into by casts. The humans created the beasts. The beasts worked for the humans for a while untill casts disguised as beasts infiltrated beast groups and convinced them to rebel. The humans were now driven off of moatoob and attempted to retreat into the off limits planet neudaiz involving the newmans in the war. The newmans played te role of peacekeepers and eventually convinced the casts to show mercy on the humans. The tripartite treaty was signed between casts, newmans, and beasts that ended the war and gave Casts governmental rule over the gurhal system. The casts made slavery forbidden and allowed the humans to have freedom. The humans were allowed to have government positions but only for space colonys.

Thats basically the 500 year war as I see it.

A2K
Sep 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-09-07 23:49, Sinue_v2 wrote:
(Which makes no sense, since CASTS wouldn't have to worry about heat stroke, and they'd benefit the most from the rich mineral deposits)

I'm not so sure about that. CASTs are undoubtedly superhuman in their abilities, but I'd imagine they're precision machines that function best under conditions more around the areas of regular humans. Not a precise analogy, but it'd be like driving a high-end sports car in the middle of a sandstorm: its supposedly great engineering just isn't a match for the conditions surrounding it.

On 2007-09-08 08:44, zandra117 wrote:
Thats why I believe the PSU timeline from that magazine is non-canon, there is too much stuff on that timeline contradicting the dialouge in game, at best it just gives us the dating system. That magazine timeline is probably what they teach in gurhalian public schools to cover up what really happened.

There are a few isolated contradictions, yes, but the game itself remains quite vague on the specifics of Gurhal history for the most part, thus, there's very little actual opportunity for contradiction to even factor in.

In any case, the timeline is direct from the game designers: therefore, it's canon whether you like it or not.

littleman2347
Sep 8, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-09-08 08:44, zandra117 wrote:

This is how I believe the 500 year war went down. Humans, Newmans, and Casts settled in the Gurhal system from another star system. Humans didnt consider Casts as having souls so they were considered disposable and were used as servants while newmans had fundamental human rights and eventually were able to gain governmental rule over neudaiz. Casts got mad and rebelled against the humans, starting the 500 year war. The newmans closed neudaiz off from the rest of the gurhal system during the majority of the war, allowing their religion to develop. The Casts ran the humans off of Parum and the humans retreated to moatoob, which at the time was environmentally similar to neudaiz. The Casts began an assault on moatoob and destroyed Moatoob's moon, causing the waters to recede underground, changeing the surface into a desert. In order to survive in the new environment humans created new casts that were networked into a single hive mind that could be easily controlled by humans and used as workers for the easily exhausted humans (like the lou units), making them least likely to rebel. The casts managed to take control of these new casts anyway through hacking. As a final means of survival the humans reverted to the same technology that created the newmans and used it to create workers that would not get over exhausted in the harsh environment and could not get hacked into by casts. The humans created the beasts. The beasts worked for the humans for a while untill casts disguised as beasts infiltrated beast groups and convinced them to rebel. The humans were now driven off of moatoob and attempted to retreat into the off limits planet neudaiz involving the newmans in the war. The newmans played te role of peacekeepers and eventually convinced the casts to show mercy on the humans. The tripartite treaty was signed between casts, newmans, and beasts that ended the war and gave Casts governmental rule over the gurhal system. The casts made slavery forbidden and allowed the humans to have freedom. The humans were allowed to have government positions but only for space colonys.

Thats basically the 500 year war as I see it.

That hole things makes it sound like the cast wooped humans ass. I dont like it but it has a good concept to it.

Humans are better

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2007-09-08 10:17 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Sep 8, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-09-06 06:34, Golto wrote:
Sega is just too cheap to advertise PSU in the US. Come on, the publishers of that stunt driving game can afford to play their tv commercial all the time and that won't be huge seller. Its not expensive as some people try to make it just to make excuses for sega's utter cheapness. We're not talking about commericals during the super bowl here.

This is true. Especially considering during this season where there a other big name games coming out this season that will most certainly overshadow any kind of hype for this game. Poor advertising does lead to below -average sales in most cases, it is a fact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-08 11:26 ]</font>

KTani
Sep 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
Here. (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/charworld_race_beast.php#race)

Just a throw-away sort of mention though, so I think the theory of Beasts being created before Moatoob turned into a desert does make more sense. Especially if the moon was destroyed during the 500 year war, because Beasts were part of that war.

Greater physical strength would make them more adaptable, and able to handle a wider variety of climates, though.