PDA

View Full Version : Now I see Sega's Plan...

SuperChoco
Sep 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
Due to all the content that is still locked to us, Sega would change the modifier of drops to impossible. So when we get more rares, the older rares will be easier to get and the newer rares would impossible to get. Or maybe I'm crazy, thinking that Sega would release a 5th race called SEED(High ATP/ATA Low MST/TP/DFP). What do you guys think?

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
No, no, you're right. Right now, I believe Sega's logic is that we're hunting Sealed J swords and psycho wands right now, and that later on they'll become DB's sabers and Varistas. This of course means that all the hours I'm spending on solo rare hunting is worthless, and that they'll become a dime a dozen in a few months.

Sinue_v2
Sep 5, 2007, 10:08 PM
That's what they did in PSO v.2 for the Dreamcast. You could only get v.2 rares in Ultimate mode (which v.1 didn't have), but all those uber v.1 rares received a massive drop rate increase in Ultimate mode.

Then again, v.1 rares in Ultimate mode were pretty much completely useless.

RedX
Sep 5, 2007, 10:08 PM
Mostly i think your right. Besides the last part at least >.>

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, that's the mentality I always held. You CAN get this really good gear now, or just wait a little while and have a much better chance of finding it. Not that any of the current S-ranks (aside from the Psycho Wand) really put you above the rest anyway, it seems to be more of a matter of "omg look at my shinies".

9lotus
Sep 5, 2007, 10:19 PM
I would definitely play a SEED race o_O

Turambar
Sep 5, 2007, 10:22 PM
I can't say I would mind being a Bel-Pannon.

Powder Keg
Sep 5, 2007, 10:24 PM
To be honest, I'd reallllly be surprised if Sonic Team made AoI as dumb as they made V.2 for the Dreamcast. Ultimate mode was broken, attack magic was useless, and the worst part.... only 3 of the new several items would actually drop.

This version of PSU is more like a prototype...this is why they are changing so much, even the little things like going straight back to the lobby from any block's crystal and the possibility of low level debuffs not overwriting higher level buffs, etc...

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 5, 2007, 10:28 PM
This was how the Har-Senbas and Me/Quicks were. Especially the Crea weapons.

These current 9-12* items will be easier to get very soon once comes AoI. Our hope will then be forwarded to 13-15* rares evidently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-09-05 20:30 ]</font>

pionear
Sep 5, 2007, 10:50 PM
^Agree'd. And they may even sell some S-Ranks in NPC shops, like in Extra mode.

HFlowen
Sep 5, 2007, 10:52 PM
You're just now realising the "plan"?

C'mon, they've been playing by the universal PSO play book forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-09-05 20:54 ]</font>

HaydenX
Sep 6, 2007, 12:28 AM
I can't wait to pay 1 million for a [b]rattlesnake.

Katy
Sep 6, 2007, 01:09 AM
I'm curious myself to Sega's plan to how many ranks we will get, S5, S6? Then you'll get your 1mil Rattlesnake. And that "5th Race" just sounds like a Cast or Beast fT.

Kion
Sep 6, 2007, 01:26 AM
this is why it's worth being patient when it comes to hunting S ranks. You can spam hours upon, get hopelessly depessed and bored hunting just to have a 10% come out of all of it. or you can wait until something like famitsu or AoI.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 6, 2007, 02:29 AM
Here's their plan, as it seems to me:

Sega Executive 1: Hey Sega Executive 2, remember how PSOv1 utterly blew and then we started slowly redeeming it with v2 and subsequent releases?
Exec 2: Yes.
Exec 1: K, let's do that again with PSU.
Exec 2: K.

I mean, seriously, look at the facts.

PSOv1:PSOv2/PSOGC::PSU:AoI

Level 100->200? Check.
New areas and higher difficulties? Check.
More rares, many becoming actually obtainable? Check.
New classes, and slight rebalancing of existing ones? Check.

Now all we need is PSU: Red Rampage or something absurd like that.

landman
Sep 6, 2007, 02:54 AM
I don't believe in any of those theories, because actually every enemy only drops weapons of one rank in every rank of lvls: C and B rank enemies drop c weapons, A drops b Boards and S and S2 drops some a rank weapons and 10* boards, why should S3 drop 10* boards if it hasn't been that way in the rest of the levels?

amtalx
Sep 6, 2007, 07:08 AM
On 2007-09-06 00:54, landman wrote:
I don't believe in any of those theories, because actually every enemy only drops weapons of one rank in every rank of lvls: C and B rank enemies drop c weapons, A drops b Boards and S and S2 drops some a rank weapons and 10* boards, why should S3 drop 10* boards if it hasn't been that way in the rest of the levels?

That's why I get A rank Rayratores on S2 Labs right? Enemies can drop more than one rank of weapons and boards. Example? My utter disgust when an S2 Go Vahra dropped a [B] Crea Saber...twice.

omegapirate2k
Sep 6, 2007, 07:27 AM
On 2007-09-06 00:29, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Count on it.

Arika
Sep 6, 2007, 07:30 AM
it doesn't matter to rank!! it is enemy lv!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 6, 2007, 07:49 AM
On 2007-09-05 20:03, SuperChoco wrote:
Due to all the content that is still locked to us, Sega would change the modifier of drops to impossible. So when we get more rares, the older rares will be easier to get and the newer rares would impossible to get. Or maybe I'm crazy, thinking that Sega would release a 5th race called SEED(High ATP/ATA Low MST/TP/DFP). What do you guys think?

If they ever make a 5th race, it'll HAVE to have lower ATP and ATA than humans while having higher TP and MST. Its just silly to have 3 races that are physically stronger than Humans who are supposed to be the middle ground, and have only one that is physically weaker.

Broodstar1337
Sep 6, 2007, 08:50 AM
Who cares about humans?

Kylie
Sep 6, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't understand SEGA sometimes with their fake updates and impossible rares becoming possible. They have the right idea that they need to keep players interested, but they mostly go overboard... obviously.

Cerberus1981
Sep 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
I'm just hoping they don't do a major rebalance once we hit the L200 cap (if it's going to be that).

When it coems to rare hunting, the only thing that's keeping me sane is knowing sooner or later my character will be high enough level to solo most of the current S2's in about 5 minutes.

I really wish they would do away with the cap in AoI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-09-06 08:15 ]</font>

landman
Sep 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-09-06 05:08, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-09-06 00:54, landman wrote:

That's why I get A rank Rayratores on S2 Labs right? Enemies can drop more than one rank of weapons and boards. Example? My utter disgust when an S2 Go Vahra dropped a [B] Crea Saber...twice.

[B] Crea Saber is an area drop, I got lots of them from Poltis, and volfus from seabed only drop Rayratores because of its lvl rank, if a volfu has a lvl high enouth to drop another weapon ([B] Ga Misaki) they will not drop a Rayratore. Proof (http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary/psu/1/52/volfu/). So why should an enemy with lvl 140 or something which normal drop is an 11* weapon drop a 10* weapon if that drop is from a lvl 100 enemy?

PS: I used mission ranks instead of lvl ranks because it was faster to explain...

Tigerram
Sep 6, 2007, 01:23 PM

Sega Executive 1: Hey Sega Executive 2, remember how PSOv1 utterly blew and then we started slowly redeeming it with v2 and subsequent releases?

Level 100->200? Check.

PSU: Red Rampage....I LIKE IT!

But you forgot your final detail...

PSU: Red Rampage would be....you ready for this....for PC gamers only! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

HFlowen
Sep 6, 2007, 02:16 PM

Level 100->200? Check.

This is absolutely correct, and what i meant by PSO play-book.

AoI was in the works from the very start as is evident from Mewns file dump.

It's simple, released a hyped online game. Bam, 50 bucks a pop per game at the very start. Then stretch it out for an entire year with "updates" to keep players interested. 10 bucks per month, per active player for one year.

Then do it all over again.

PSU: AoI!

Another 50 bucks a pop per disc for crap that should have already been included. And the cycle continues untill they release PSU the card game.

If SEGA is good at anything, it's getting people to buy the same game 3-4 times.

Jinto117
Sep 6, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-09-06 06:50, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Who cares about humans?

I do, I'm one of them.

usmcbama
Sep 6, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-09-06 12:16, HFlowen wrote:
[quote]On 2007-09-06 00:29, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

If SEGA is good at anything, it's getting people to buy the same game 3-4 times.

Aye, as well as getting people to pay for things within a game that have been there all along, such as extra weapons in Chromehounds. Yes, I bought those too...

radical_ryan
Sep 6, 2007, 02:52 PM
5th race seede like humans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

that give 1 thing good about humans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

F-Gattaca
Sep 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
I think part of it is due to the fact that this (just as PSO was) is an MMORPG tied to consoles; I can't think of any other MMORPGs that offer ports to consoles like the PS2 or GC or things like that.

It'd be interesting to see what they would have done had all their target platforms featured some sort of hard drive or decent eqivalent. The X-Box 360 has one, right? And obviously PCs do, but PS2s don't really have that as far as I know; but if there was a set of consoles that featured hard drives/other storage media which Sega developed a hyppothetical Phantasy Star MMO for, I wonder if they'd do something like offer new content as downloadable patches, rather than having everything planned for the MMO's life already on the DVD/CD and unlocked periodically.

james_b
Sep 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
you guys are fools. AoI is v2. A third expansion will be like ep 1+2. Then, if there are still enough people on, a fourth expansion will be released(BB).

Dragwind
Sep 6, 2007, 03:57 PM
I've said this for a while, especially to the "self proclaimed pso-vets" who are full of garbage and judged psu right off the bat.

ST is following a similar plan that looks like it might mimic the psodc v.1 evolution all the way to psogc, but shorter.

Trust me, I have a feeling 10*'s will become a ton more common in the future.

SStrikerR
Sep 6, 2007, 06:02 PM
well, if this is their plan, PUT MY FRIGGEN CREA DUBZ IN STORE!!!!!

Powder Keg
Sep 6, 2007, 06:05 PM
If they're not 100% stupid, they will be much more common in some way shape or form.

They don't necessarily have to follow the current trend of how they drop either.

Remember how the Dragon in PSO dropped the Dragon Slayer, then it later became available from other enemies? Or how you could easily find a Stag Cutlery from a Pal Shark? Things like this will probably happen, they have to, actually, because there are no Section ID's to mix things up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-09-06 16:06 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Sep 6, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-09-06 13:54, james_b wrote:
you guys are fools. AoI is v2. A third expansion will be like ep 1+2. Then, if there are still enough people on, a fourth expansion will be released(BB).

thank you! I've been saying similar things since psu was first released. Perfect example was when everyone was laughing at me, literally laughing at me when I started talking about "double s rank missions" way back when b4 they came out. Then again when I was talkin about lvl 200 b4 aoi was known about. This is all just deja vu. ST has a formula and they know not how to deviate from it!

SuperChoco
Sep 7, 2007, 05:27 PM
Thank you for your answers everyone. I didn't know that PSO followed this pattern so...>_>

pso123hrf
Sep 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
Here are some ideas:

PSU:Green Gush
PSU:Blue Balls remake
PSU:Red Rico
PSU:Yellow yuki
PSU:Purple "nurple" Pizza
PSU:Black Back

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I think (like they did on PSOBB), they will release a mission that gibs so much exp, and it will soon die out X.x

BigBadWolf
Sep 10, 2007, 08:02 AM
On 2007-09-06 13:53, F-Gattaca wrote:
I think part of it is due to the fact that this (just as PSO was) is an MMORPG tied to consoles; I can't think of any other MMORPGs that offer ports to consoles like the PS2 or GC or things like that.

It'd be interesting to see what they would have done had all their target platforms featured some sort of hard drive or decent eqivalent. The X-Box 360 has one, right? And obviously PCs do, but PS2s don't really have that as far as I know; but if there was a set of consoles that featured hard drives/other storage media which Sega developed a hyppothetical Phantasy Star MMO for, I wonder if they'd do something like offer new content as downloadable patches, rather than having everything planned for the MMO's life already on the DVD/CD and unlocked periodically.

QFT.
I don't really know who to blame for this Sony or Sega. On the hand it's really Sony's fault, because the PS2 DOES have a HDD attachment, but they abandoned the product in favor of their slimline PS2's. Ultimately it's really Sega's fault for being greety and gimping the PC/360 versions by creating a HDD less Online RPG.

I brought the PS2 version of PSU anyway mostly because I wanted out of FFXI by any means necessary. X_X