PDA

View Full Version : Impressive Red Ring Rico render

lostinseganet
Sep 7, 2007, 04:07 PM
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84225
Wow and this was done back in 2006. I wish sega would make their models like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2007-09-07 14:08 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Sep 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
awsome i beleive i once sawn an upgraded model of a hucast
*goolges*

Para
Sep 7, 2007, 07:47 PM
Impressive.. I wonder if the guy can port it to UT2k4 or the upcoming UT3?

RedX
Sep 7, 2007, 08:29 PM
IF Sega made their models like that you won't be play the game on anything but a uber PC or if your lucky a PS3 maxed out.
ontopic: it is extremely good work.

navci
Sep 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
It is a model for animation. It's really not efficient as a game model. :> A lot of the details should have to be done with texturing if it was a game model... like... NORMAL MAPPING! <3.. Ya, pretty nonetheless. Oh ya, the hair is prolly next gen compatible now I guess. :>

Skuda
Sep 7, 2007, 09:38 PM
It does look very nice, but looking at how some of the geometry was set up, it kinda urked me. As Navci said, it's not efficient as a game model.

Nice stuff though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weeaboolits
Sep 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
Coolie.

BlackHat
Sep 7, 2007, 11:02 PM
Awesome.

F-Gattaca
Sep 8, 2007, 12:04 AM
Holy crap!

As if it wasn't already an impressive translation of the concept artwork, he made this in Blender? I couldn't figure that program out at all.

It's true that the model's not efficient for game use, but I don't think this guy was aiming for the model to be used in today's games; looks like it was meant more for FMV.

Neith
Sep 8, 2007, 06:11 AM
On 2007-09-07 19:02, navci wrote:
It is a model for animation. It's really not efficient as a game model. :> A lot of the details should have to be done with texturing if it was a game model... like... NORMAL MAPPING! <3.. Ya, pretty nonetheless. Oh ya, the hair is prolly next gen compatible now I guess. :>

Ew, normal mapping, hated doing that.

For a character model, that's really nice. Not practical for any application in all but the highest-spec games (I'd imagine the poly count's pretty high, seeing as all the details are modelled, rather than textured), but its nice to see an up-to-date Rico.

I'd consider trying a HUnewearl, but I have a love/hate relationship with both character modelling and 3DS Max.

lostinseganet
Sep 8, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-09-08 04:11, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2007-09-07 19:02, navci wrote:

Ew, normal mapping, hated doing that.

For a character model, that's really nice. Not practical for any application in all but the highest-spec games (I'd imagine the poly count's pretty high, seeing as all the details are modelled, rather than textured), but its nice to see an up-to-date Rico.

I'd consider trying a HUnewearl, but I have a love/hate relationship with both character modelling and 3DS Max.

This person had one of those too.
http://www.leewj.com/gallery.html
That all the pso stuff I could find.

navci
Sep 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
The person with the HUneweal one though.. model is nice. But the face... was.. sorta... off. >.>