PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Platinum Boys? (and: art contest)

AzureBlaze
Sep 7, 2007, 11:38 PM
With the announcement of new stuff over at JP official site, I went there to see the new wallpapers/hal's screeching wombat voice etc. and ran across some buttons I can't read.

When I find such things I tend to get really curious and just press everything hoping to go somewhere cool. I ran across this page http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/1st/boys.html

of the "platinum boys" who seem to be some kind of 'event encourager mods' or something...I can't read it anyway. But they appear to have unique(ly tacky?) clothing on, including the cast. So, what's up with these guys? Why do they need their own page? If this was posted before, I didn't see it.

Also:
Art contest. PLEASE let SOMETHING confirm that this is coming over here--or there's a way to cheat and submit USA work to it. I'm betting they're making it harder on purpose due to the unfortunate event with their last one (non jps of the world entered it) I'm also sure other PSOW goers would appriciate their chance at getting on a billboard somewhere in-game. The button appears to not be active, and there's nothing else on the page to press. For something as big as getting your actual art in the game, I barely heard a peep.

Kaydin
Sep 7, 2007, 11:40 PM
Their clothes ain't unique. That's... the male formal wear. x_x;

EspioKaos
Sep 7, 2007, 11:46 PM
Their name changes with each event, so I guess it would be appropriate to simply call them the "BOYS." During Firebreak, they were known as the "Fire BOYS" (or something like that, I think), Famitsu Cup earned them the title of "Platinum BOYS," the beginner's campaign calls them the "Lecture BOYS" (they help teach new players the ropes) and now the 1st Anniversary Thanks Festa IDs them as the "Thanks BOYS." Just like you said, though, they're mods who go in to hype up events and the like.

Menochi
Sep 8, 2007, 06:24 AM
Submissions for the art contest ended on the 30th of last month. It had been open for most of that month.