PDA

View Full Version : Stuff you'd like to see in NEXT year's expansion?

Silve
Sep 8, 2007, 06:15 AM
Even though AoI isn't out yet, my mind has been buzzing with things I'd like to see them expand on in the following expansion that will undoubtedly come out in a year or so. So, why not just get some of those hopes and dreams out there. What I'm hoping for...

Human and Newman race specific special attacks. Similar to the insane moves the vol brothers pull off, humans getting special photon arts that charge like nanoblasts/suv's, and newmans getting insane spells like that vol spell that's just a massive flare explosion on a huge range.

PvP (Yeah totally)

Guilds and Guild Bases...Bases basically being a multi-floor base that has doors to player rooms in it, expanding the room concept even more, although the rooms would probably have to all be on the same planet as the guild base.

PM AI. Similar to chao's in Sonic Adventure, spending thier time doing more than standing still, moving arround your room, doing various animations/tasks like cleaning, playing, ect...perhapes allowing you to drop them off at another player's room/guild base to interact with other PM's....special PM based minigames would be pretty cool too. It'd just be nice to see PM's better integrated into the game.

PSO ep 2 and 4 levels (Obviously). Maybe even (ep3) a new card game based around PSU's mechanics that is integrated into the regular game, rather than being it's own disc, card decks would just be items you could carry around, and challenge players in cities, having duel counters for people waiting for challenges, and tournaments actually having their own "stadium" (plus it'd be cool to be able to get in a quick mission while waiting for your tournament match)....allowing you to use your own character in fights would have to be a must...although having the option of fighting with your PM or a story character instead would be nice, but only as an optional choice. Having attack animations linked to the card you used would also be nice, since it felt kind of lame to link up 3 attack cards only to do a regular single saber slash just felt dumb.

More minigame lobbies (I want my pso go-go ball back)

Special event missions being eventua

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 8, 2007, 06:30 AM
My hopes:
-Armor Palette
-PA palette
-NosBarta
-NosFoie
-Nosgrants
-Damzonde
-DamGrants
-Grants
-Ragrants
-GiGrants
-(some sort of retier debuff)
-A congratulatory item scrolling across the screen for highly rare items that drop for players. For Example: A Kan Yu board drops for someone in the universe. "Congrats to XXXXX Who recieved (b) Kan Yu" >.> Would be interesting.
-scythe Weapons
-Visible Shields
That's all I can think of so far xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-09-08 04:52 ]</font>

Menochi
Sep 8, 2007, 06:34 AM
On 2007-09-08 04:30, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

-A congratulatory item scrolling across the screen for highly rare items that drop for players. For Example: A Kan Yu board drops for someone in the universe. "Congrats to XXXXX Who recieved Kan Yu" >.> Would be interesting.

[/list] That's all I can think of so far xD

I remember blue burst had this for episode 4 rares. Its possible they'll add it in eventually (Though its just an 'event' style so as not to annoy)

Esufer
Sep 8, 2007, 06:37 AM
I'd like the ability to link certain armors and weapons together.

For example: Say I own a Storm and a Stormline, and a Phantom and a Phantom Line. I'd like to be able to switch my weapon and my armor changes automatically, plox.

AC9breaker
Sep 8, 2007, 06:45 AM
C-mode!

PVP- Give me more reason to hunt down rares then to just say olol shiney.
Or if not, episode 3 version of PSU. >_>

Roll button. Why the hell can Endrum soilders do barrell rolls but we cant?

drizzle
Sep 8, 2007, 06:50 AM
More clothes and hairstyles!

Feelmirath
Sep 8, 2007, 06:50 AM
On 2007-09-08 04:45, AC9breaker wrote:

They listened to Peppy. >_>

If Humans and Newmans ever got a specific special attack, I'd only want it to be a temporary stat boost or something (on top of buffs- maybe something Mylla & Youlla-esque? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif)

Jakosifer
Sep 8, 2007, 06:51 AM
An Armor Palette would be nice, a quicker long medium ranged Melee weapon (Scythe obviously, I hate long swords with a burning passion). More palette space for those missions with 500 different element types (That pisses me off to no end having to switch weapons in and out). And make my racial/class bonus actually MEAN something. Oh...And better hair options, colorwise and appearance wise..I swear the hair crap downgraded.

Esufer
Sep 8, 2007, 06:59 AM
As for the human and newman special attack, why is everyone hell-bent on further pushing the Newmans into a caster role?
THEY WERE MELEE BEFORE YOU WERE DAMN BORN GODDAMNIT.

Alis-Landeel
Sep 8, 2007, 07:10 AM
More GuardianBranch missions. Even periodic, simple, not-combat only, with reward and connected to the evolutions of the storymode, as was in PSO (except for the "periodic", obviously).

With this, with the already anticipated improvements of Illuminus and eventually with a re-textured and re-effected Xbox360 version I could have found the DEFINITIVE game.

Jet1337
Sep 8, 2007, 08:00 AM
It's not going to be re-textured. The only new improvement graphical-wise are the real-time shadows, meaning that you'll actually have a shadow instead of a fucking black blob underneath you.

I hope that Gunners get the special treatment that everyone else seems to be getting (i.e. new fighting system for fighters). I also hope by that time people would have found out the fucking drop rates; something that has been the reason for me quitting.

Arika
Sep 8, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-09-08 04:34, Menochi wrote:

On 2007-09-08 04:30, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

-A congratulatory item scrolling across the screen for highly rare items that drop for players. For Example: A Kan Yu board drops for someone in the universe. "Congrats to XXXXX Who recieved Kan Yu" >.> Would be interesting.

[/list] That's all I can think of so far xD

I remember blue burst had this for episode 4 rares. Its possible they'll add it in eventually (Though its just an 'event' style so as not to annoy)

they migth do that with 15* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2007, 10:25 AM
Gunners already HAVE special treatment. I keep hearing stories about how they can kill stuff really fast and such, although I didn't really crunch the numbers myself, I really hear alot of stuff like "Oh, a group of Gunners can kill things in seconds while it takes Fighters longer blah blah blah Fighters suck Gunners rule!". I always thought that Hunters were meant to do more damage than Rangers? I dunno, but I kind of thought that was meant to be the case.

Not to mention that there's a bunch of bosses that just love to fly away all the time, and there's a mission that has switches that are hard to reach, yet needed for an S rank. You gunners are just fine IMO. If anything, there should be a way to make Rangers more flashy, even if it takes away from their effectiveness.

Other than that, I'll be fine with whatever Sega would bring in the next expansion.

Kylie
Sep 8, 2007, 10:36 AM
Anonymous mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ... D:
Also, new hair, clothes, areas, weapons, photon arts.

Alis-Landeel
Sep 8, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-09-08 06:00, Jet1337 wrote:
It's not going to be re-textured. The only new improvement graphical-wise are the real-time shadows, meaning that you'll actually have a shadow instead of a fucking black blob underneath you.This is what it has been announced. But for now we have only seen the PS2/PC images and only from japanese version. No Xbox360 image to date. I don't think it's casual and I don't think that we have already seen it all. This makes me to hope ... and to think. It has been made once, with Shenmue, on Xbox. A second time can be made.

I'm an incurable optimist. I know!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alis-Landeel on 2007-09-08 08:42 ]</font>

Longtail
Sep 8, 2007, 10:47 AM
Each race/gender having their own animations. More weapon types. (Maybe guns that act like dam spells such as a flamethrower. Staves for melee that could focus on hitting in a circle around the character. I got nothing for tech users. Boomerang?)

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2007, 10:51 AM
There also needs to be hair that goes down the waist for both genders.

MSAksion
Sep 8, 2007, 11:44 AM
Newman FORCE FIELD Nano-blast. Take enough damage from vanda trying to heal the FIGUNNER up front trying to melee a Jarba then unleash a field like the Kamatozes on Neudaiz.

Everyone runs inside the shield and we can attack outward through the shield. Enemy TECH will hit the barrier field and be reduced in damage as it passes through so its not completely broken. Physical damage is nullified completely as the enemies cannot walk through shield bubble.

I will take DAMU and NOS series of each element that didn't already get a Damu or Nos version.

I want a TECH that lets me command another monster - a LIGHT element Mind Control TECH would be fun.

I want a FLAMETHROWER type GUN for rangers. It'll be like the DamuSeries. Stationary continuous elemntal spray. Fire, Ice, infection, SHOCK would look like the Photon ERASER but do damage.

An Auto-Palette switch - I'll name this one FIRE so all my fire armor, equips and weaponry are equiped to deal with FIRE monsters. This one will be called LONGRANGE so it equips all kinds of guns, bows, and mental defense equipment ETC ETC

Xfireshamanx
Sep 8, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-09-08 04:50, Feelmirath wrote:

On 2007-09-08 04:45, AC9breaker wrote:

They listened to Peppy. >_>

That made me lol, good old Starfox days...

Fredrick
Sep 8, 2007, 12:42 PM
Mags, or some kind of customizable stat modifier.
Weapons with special attacks.
Tech weapons with 6+ presets.
Some kind of tech caster that can cast at PSO speed, but without limited PA lvs.
Servers that hold 2,000+ people. People are already way too far spread out. Adding more areas will make it even worse.
Old areas redesigned / improved. The current areas are way too plain. Way too many repeating textures. Too few details. Even the plants are ridiculously reused and low detail. I think it's funny how PSO had 3D plants, where as PSU uses 2D aside from trees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-09-08 10:43 ]</font>

pikachief
Sep 8, 2007, 02:18 PM
A button for a unique function!

Cast: press A to roll

Humans: press A to jump

Newmans: While holding a rod/wand press A to execute a melee attack with it.

Beasts:Hold A to Sprint.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2007, 02:49 PM
^
What about non-Force Newmans? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

pso123hrf
Sep 8, 2007, 03:03 PM
Slightly better drops
Better textures
Better techniques
Better Sega/Sonic Team
No elitests
More people
Better PM's
Better meseta
Cooler weapons
Better settings

Need I go on? x.x

Jet1337
Sep 8, 2007, 03:04 PM
How about an actual block button?!?

MalVR
Sep 8, 2007, 03:14 PM
FREE ROAM MODE, UGH.

Esufer
Sep 8, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-09-08 10:42, Fredrick wrote:
Old areas redesigned / improved. The current areas are way too plain. Way too many repeating textures. Too few details. Even the plants are ridiculously reused and low detail. I think it's funny how PSO had 3D plants, where as PSU uses 2D aside from trees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-09-08 10:43 ]</font>

I think the current areas really just need better lighting. Shadows off of obstacles and such. It's the most noticeable in Clyez.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 03:16 PM
Ballance the races so that every race is just as good as another in every job. Newmen make agile hunters, beasts make smashy hunters, casts are calculated hunters, humans in between, etc. Just the same, Newmen make overpowering forces, beasts make berserk forces, casts make durable forces, humans in between. If I'm being outdamaged by another race, I want something in return.

Long flowing hair, streamline armor caseal pieces, helmets available for fleshy faces. Despite me trying, I still don't look very aquatic. Being able to combine hair and helmets would be nice, too.

Dual slicers, dual mech guns, partisans, one handed lances, one handed swords (heavier than sabers, no twin variant), and shields. I have the knight fighting style, some Greek fighting styles would be nice too.

Fix lag issues on PS2s. My PAs can't go through without me being hit as it stands. Is it too much to ask to get through a combo of Daggas without being interrupted when fighting one enemy?

Enemies who get hit with a knockback get knocked back. If I use dugrega, I expect the enemy to be knocked back twice. Instead, I get lucky if they get knocked back once (not to mention how the second hit only sometimes hits). If enemies start casting, or doing a special move, there's no way to stop them from doing this, even with a PA that is supposed to interrupt it.

Numen. I'm getting tired of Newmen, I want my Numen back.

More mature clothing styles, something nature hardy. Some metallic plates, desert cloaks, something you'd wear while roughing it. A high school outfit is nice every now and then, but at least pretend they know what combat is.

Levels with more than one area per run. It gets rather annoying having the exact backgrounds all three blocks, I kind of want a variety so it doesn't feel so bad of a grind. What we have now is sort of a step down from PSO in that sense.

Give buffing and healing to another class. It's rather unfair that one class gets a monopoly on everything just because it happens to fall under its category. Either limit it so that the class can only support, or let other classes get some support options. Considering how easily a force can heal, buff, and debuff, why can't hunters get valid options like this?

Clothing styles from previous Phantasy Star games, before PSO. They had some really unique things there, it's a shame we have nothing like that.

Rare weapons from older Phantasy Star games, or at least references to them. PSO did this nicely, it'd be a shame if the only way we got this is copying PSO's weapons.

Areas from older Phantasy Star games, at least stereotypes like PSO ep.2 did. Remixed music, famous enemies from the areas, etc. Phantasy Star had some great areas in it, no point in throwing them away.

Decent looking twin daggers. I hate the hook shape they have now. Even if they are made of photons, I'm surprised they don't snap in half.

Buff Wartecher. It has to be the only class that can't fluidly do both its jobs at once. Guntechers can hold a wand and crossbow, fighgunners can hold a saber and mech gun, but all wartechers get is a madoog at most. It's also the only class whos PA levels are lower than a pure job, and its S rank options are terrible.

Give humans megido and newmen Illusion/Doubleslash/Eliminate/Disrupt as special attacks. Megido would be a powerful SUV-like tech, and Illusion/Doubleslash/Eliminate/Disrupt would hit every target in the field twice, with a high chance of incapacitation and a accuracy/evasion boost at the end. Bonus points if they upgrade it every couple of levels.

More rarz plx

Skies of Arcadia's composers.

Aquatic areas. Some place I can take a picture in and look at home.

Balance the rare obtaining system so that somebody who works toward a rare will be rewarded with it, as opposed to that random dufus who walks in at the last minute. I rather liked PSO's system, why did they get rid of that?

Make static elements viable, instead of having to switch elements on the fly. I only look good in ice armor and ice/light weapons...

More variety in skin colors, especially in cast. I want white skin.

I'm sure I can think of some others if I tried, but I'll stop for now.

On 2007-09-08 04:59, Esufer wrote:
As for the human and newman special attack, why is everyone hell-bent on further pushing the Newmans into a caster role?
THEY WERE MELEE BEFORE YOU WERE DAMN BORN GODDAMNIT.

I have no idea who this person is, but I like this man.

Jet1337
Sep 8, 2007, 03:16 PM
Or how about a better collision-detection system? Doesn't make sense if I'm standing to the side of a Vahra and I'm still being hit...

Jet1337
Sep 8, 2007, 03:24 PM
Uhhhh, Newmans are physically weak, but have a lot of MST. What's not to fucking get about that???

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 03:27 PM
Simple. This:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/0427.jpg

turned into this:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u193/brydie123/elf7.jpg

I kinda want what we had before.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/rikatitl.gif

Esufer
Sep 8, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:16, Jet1337 wrote:
Or how about a better collision-detection system? Doesn't make sense if I'm standing to the side of a Vahra and I'm still being hit...

They are fixing that. :]

They're redoing the hitboxes.

MalVR
Sep 8, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:16, Jet1337 wrote:

Yeah, they're fixing that, they released a video showing that if you moved to the side before the attack, you'd dodge it, live action style.

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/movie/report_04.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MalVR on 2007-09-08 13:32 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 03:31 PM
What's that? Use for skill? In my PSU?

Esufer
On 2007-09-08 13:27, Zorafim wrote:
Simple. This:

turned into this:

QFT.
Numans were the Ninjas of Phantasy Star. Now they're Mages. T_T

Jet1337
PSU needs GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:31, Esufer wrote:
QFT.
Numans were the berserk beings of destruction of Phantasy Star. Now they're frilly little sissy pants. T_T

Fix'd for great justice. Humans were always the mages of Phantasy Star anyway.

A2K
Sep 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
With high ATA and the highest EVP they seem pretty agile as it is, to me. The actual attack power in their strikes leaves a lot to be desired, I guess, but hulking beatsticks newmans are not, obviously.

Esufer
I would like Hunter's Uniforms like Chaz and Rolf though... they were awesome.

MalVR
On 2007-09-08 13:31, Zorafim wrote:
What's that? Use for skill? In my PSU?

It's more likely than you think.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2007, 03:55 PM
I actually like what Zora said about the races being rebalanced in that way with Newmans being fast hunters, Beasts being smashy hunters, CASTs being all calculaty and Humans in between and what not. I mean, it would look like a nice attempt at balance, and none of the races woudl completely out do eachother at certain jobs.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 04:01 PM
That's just the smart thing to do. I have no idea why they're doing what they're doing now.

Mayu
Sep 8, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:31, Jet1337 wrote:
PSU needs GORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No

F-Gattaca
Sep 8, 2007, 05:58 PM
I want to be able to use airboards and floaders freely.

Bonus points if airboarders get special emotes that let them pull of skateboarding tricks F-Zero style.

Oh, and in response to the people complaining about how newmen have developed:

Sure, because Nei, Rika, and Sue totally never used TECHNICs/techniques, right? Wait a minute ...

Seriously, if you guys want the oldschool Newmen back, just make them a wartecher. They get claws and a type affinity bonus for that anyway!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-08 16:04 ]</font>

PJ
Sep 8, 2007, 06:01 PM
I want some FUCK YEAH SEAKING

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-09-08 15:58, F-Gattaca wrote:
Sure, because Nei, Rika, and Sue totally never used TECHNICs/techniques, right? Wait a minute ...

They also wore restrictive clothing and were deeply religious, and considered themselves to be superior to every other life form.

**** YEAH SEAKING!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-08 16:12 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 8, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:11, Zorafim wrote:
They also wore restrictive clothing and were deeply religious, and considered themselves to be superior to every other life form.

Sounds like you're mixing things up there. I haven't seen the CoG shun everyone else as inferior life forms. That's more or less what CAST supremacists do.

If you've seen otherwise, I want to know exactly where.

And ... what? Restrictive clothing? Are you kidding me?

Sometimes I feel like the only guy can appreciate that Newmans in Gurhal are the way they are because the developers wanted them to carry on the legacy of the Dezolians while retaining what made the Numans of the PS Classic saga what they were (genetically engineered claw wielding spell throwing chicks).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-08 16:23 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:33 PM
They carried on the legacy of the Dezolians, but they just about threw away what made numans what they were. I can't find anything I found in Nei or Rika in any newman, NPC or otherwise. In fact, Nei's description was that she didn't like restrictive clothing, which is what I would call those robes. All they kept was the Numan backstory, and even that they mixed up a bit.

As for the Newman surpremacists, they're all over story mode Neudaiz. A young newman girl in one of the shops said "My daddy told me that the difference between Humans and Newmans was that newmans were better" (not exact, but it's similar). This was seen very often offline, the newmans just had a holier-than-thou attitude. Just like casts, the only decent ones you found were on the colony.

F-Gattaca
Sep 8, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:33, Zorafim wrote:
They carried on the legacy of the Dezolians, but they just about threw away what made numans what they were. I can't find anything I found in Nei or Rika in any newman, NPC or otherwise. In fact, Nei's description was that she didn't like restrictive clothing, which is what I would call those robes. All they kept was the Numan backstory, and even that they mixed up a bit.

As for the Newman surpremacists, they're all over story mode Neudaiz. A young newman girl in one of the shops said "My daddy told me that the difference between Humans and Newmans was that newmans were better" (not exact, but it's similar). This was seen very often offline, the newmans just had a holier-than-thou attitude. Just like casts, the only decent ones you found were on the colony.

Nei might have worn swimsuits all her life, hated wearing heavy clothing, and considered anything else to be too restrictive ... but Rika/Fal's getup hardly seems as roomy/unrestrictive as other outfits Newmen have been seen wearing, what with that cape and armor.

Seriously, I can't see anything wrong with how PSU's newmans are potrayed.

Barring Durakken X compiling his PSU script I'll have to play Story Mode from the start to see if you're right about that part about Ohtoku's newmen being racist.

I highly doubt it though. I recall Newmans on Ohtoku being far more accepting of non-Newmen than CAST supremacists on Parum could ever hope to be. Considering I saw a CAST CoG priest (you can help him uncover a con artist in Yohmei's shop) I already find the "Newmen Supremacist" thing suspect, especially considering the CoG is one of the largest religious organizations in Gurhal. If they were just as bad as CASTs on Parum with racism, I doubt they'd be that open.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:51 PM
They aren't as bad as the casts, but they're still nowhere near the elder newmen. As for finding the more racist humans, just talk to Neudaiz's NPCs. You often get more story that way anyway.

PSU's newmen are just sissies though. They're designed to hold a staff, which is what annoys me. The game even says that they aren't suited for close quarter combat.

lostinseganet
Sep 8, 2007, 06:52 PM
I would like more than six player coop. I would like to have like sixteen player cooperative play.

PsyGuy
Sep 8, 2007, 06:52 PM
I just have to keep telling myself that Beast = Old school Numan after all they have the cat dna now and you can still give them the pointy ears.

My first character was Newman Wartecher, his atp was so low i dont think i ever got him to use a pair of claws. He was more like a 75% Force/ 25% Hunter. War tekker doesnt even have S rank claws so its not like hes ever going to be able to use any legendary Newman Claws in that class. Buffs not being MST reliant didnt help either.

Rashiid
Sep 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
im still wayy too excited to even worry about another expansion; theres gnna be so much more things to do now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Parn
Sep 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:51, Zorafim wrote:
PSU's newmen are just sissies though.
They also weren't created for the same reason that Rika was, with regard to Motavia's slow reversion back to a planet uninhabitable for humans.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 8, 2007, 07:10 PM
Newmans can be strong too, all they really have to do is go to the gym, lift some weights, eat lots of protein, etc.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:52, lostinseganet wrote:
I would like more than six player coop. I would like to have like sixteen player cooperative play.

Actually, this can be interesting. Building on your idea, I think it'd be nice if areas were meant to have a certain amount of people in them. There could be solo areas, where only one person is allowed (I suppose similar to story mode, but meant for building up your character) and very difficult areas where a large amount of people have to go into to survive it (Large amounts of difficult enemies barraging you, dozens of vahras or a couple of De Ragans sounds about right). This could be interesting.

However, I wouldn't like it if the party size was raised for every mission. This would mean that each mission would get harder, so that players who prefer to solo or duo would be out of luck. Again, nice if you could control the difficulty of the level, but it could get troublesome otherwise.

biggabertha
Sep 8, 2007, 07:52 PM
My PS2 cries to itself when there are six players. What will she do when there are almost three times that many people?! Everytime someone changes their weapon then on my screen, everyone's running around as if they didn't have a weapon equipped and still, you get hit while your dear, precious PS2 tries to load your weapon.

It is rather a shame that Newmans are rather force orientated but according to the story, that's why they were created. If anything, humans should be the superior race for being responsible for creating all the other three races but that's race wars and there's a hundred years of peace on that...

On-Topic: I'd love to be able to use single handed weapons in either hand or combine any two single handed weapons for greater or lower effect. Such as a saber in your left hand and a handgun in your right, when you need to switch, you can switch out your left hand weapon for something else but you would still have to hold R1 to use it.

An option for left or right handed users would be nice. All the better races (Cast, Newman and Beast) may have been optimized but what about humans? In fact, it's not a racial thing, it's hust what you're used to so why no left handed users?

Shields would be nice, being able to use them defencively and offencively would be nice, large shields for defence and small, angular shields for offence. Dual wield shields anyone? Two large shields for pure damage absorber... Now that'd be something for the WoWers who love to tank.

Gen2000
Sep 8, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:52, lostinseganet wrote:

6 players per mission already pushes the difficulty of the game out of the window, 16 Gunners/Forces would be overkill. They would have to make a much, much harder mission template (like every room is like the Grinna Beat room of Endrum S2 difficulty times 10 or something) to make 16 players worth it.

10 players on screen spamming PAs would probably make PS2s explode anyways.

I would like a Weapon Palette switch system. Like Palette #1, Palette #2. Some classes using the in-game menu to switch one weapon or two is ok but like with Protranser or Wartecher it can get annoying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-09-08 19:00 ]</font>

stukasa
Sep 8, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:03, pso123hrf wrote:
Better Sega/Sonic Team
No elitests
If they find a way to put this in next year's expansion, I will be impressed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for me, I think everyone's already covered everything I could think of. To be honest, at this point I'm not even thinking about next year's expansion. I'm too excited about AoI!

Silve
Sep 8, 2007, 09:08 PM
Oooh something else I might not mind seeing that might be doable already. 3-player quests where each player has their PM following them. (I wonder if 6 is as much as the game can handle or if that's just where they feel the game is most balanced. It'd be awesome if, should there be pvp, they upped the player count)

Sinue_v2
Sep 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
Newman FORCE FIELD Nano-blast.

This might be an interesting alternative to a human special of Meggido. Perhaps model the Newman special off of the old Grantz spell. As in, it would allow the caster (and those around them) to become invincible for a set period of time though a protective (lol, photonic) sheilding as well as healing and buffing them with mid-range buffs. Although as a detriment, the caster must focus their energy for the duration of the special - taking them out of combat.

Since everyone else wants to add more PSO areas, I'll add in that I would like to see more classic PS areas come back through VR. Perhaps a reconstruction of the Anger Tower, Baya Malay Tower, Lassic's Air Castle, BioSystem's Lab, etc. PSO was a reletively new game, so not much needs to be done to upgrade it for PSU. A few extra polygons, higher res textures, and that's about it. Not much variety or room for creativity there. The old PS dungeons were 2D top down affairs (except PSI which had very "Dungeon Hack" looking first person dungeons). They could re-create these areas for next gen and have them look completely new and inspired. Even the layouts would have to change as they simply wouldn't work for todays games.

Alternatively, if they're going to recreate any PSO areas, I'd rather them recreate the PSO Ep III areas - since we didn't get to explore them. We saw maybe one room of them, at best.

Barring Durakken X compiling his PSU script I'll have to play Story Mode from the start to see if you're right about that part about Ohtoku's newmen being racist.

Er, that's me that's compiling a script. Halfway through Chapter 11 right now. And yes, PSU newmans do think of themselves as far superior to humans. They aren't often as outright vocal about it as CASTs are, though. A CAST will tell you to get the fuck off of their planet and stay out of the Military's way. Newman put up with you, but it comes out ocassionally in their speech that they believe themselves superior. One of the most vocal is a young newman girl named Purol in the Synthesis shop. "Hey... Hey you! Do you know the difference between Human and Newman? Newmans are superior to humans!", or something along those lines. Ethan engages her about the issue several times, and she reveals that it's her parents who are feeding the supremacy shit into her head.

Think of it like the differene between USA Deep-South Redneck Racisim and Japanese Racism. This is actually fairly accurate since Parum represents more Western culture, while Neudaiz represents Eastern cultures.

Seriously, if you guys want the oldschool Newmen back, just make them a wartecher.

Wartecher =/= Numan. In PS, Numen were actually quite competent as melee characters, and their tech-casting abilities were support oriented. Wartecher is, right now, shafted on both accounts. Come AoI, it gets worse since WT gets NO additional S-Rank melee weapons (including the traditional Numan claws - which take FOREVER for a Newman to use anyhow) and they get no boost to their supportive TECHNICs. Rather, they get a boost to their attack techs (which Numen do NOT use), Melee PA, and Bullets. Guntechers will get better support techs, as well as the new class Aerotecher (who is even worse at melee than WT).

Sometimes I feel like the only guy can appreciate that Newmans in Gurhal are the way they are because the developers wanted them to carry on the legacy of the Dezolians while retaining what made the Numans of the PS Classic saga what they were (genetically engineered claw wielding spell throwing chicks).

Herein lies a problem. If they wanted to add in a race which carried on the legacy of Dezolians... why not, you know, add in Dezolians? They wouldn't even HAVE to be Dezolians, but a new alien race which carried on their legacy. For a sci-fi space odyssey, Phantasy Star is SEVERELY lacking in alien races. There are no alien races in PSU, just genetic modifications of humans and nothing more.

Instead, they took a well loved and respected race and pidgeonholed them into a Mage-class (which is completely opposite their intended role) just so it could fit into the deadpan stereotype of every other goddamned online RPG out there so that newbies who are used to WoW or Everquest and love Lord of the Rings can have their elves in space.

They also weren't created for the same reason that Rika was, with regard to Motavia's slow reversion back to a planet uninhabitable for humans.

The only thing special about Rika's creation in regards to Motavia's decline was that she wasn't programed to destroy life. She was intended as a breeding partner, spreading beneficial genes throughout the human population. Nei, Neifirst, and NM-2011 couldn't do that. Otherwise, they are all the same.

As for what I'd like to see - off-hand (and visable) shields that reduce damage from both melee and techs when activated. They shouldn't restrict movement, but would prevent you from attacking.

Most importantly, I would love to see Rieko Kodama and Tohru Yoshida return to the writing/directing/design roles. However it's too far into PSU for them to really make much of a difference, so rather than the next expansion I'd rather see their talent be allowed to fully flourish with an all new Phantasy Star title.

Actually - to put it another way, I'd rather see the Phantasy Star series "split" into two series. Allow the Phantasy Star Online/Universe development to continue however Sonic Team and Takao Miyoshi wish it. Then have a seperate series designed by the Phantasy Star dream-team of Naka, Kodama, Yoshida, etc. Return to Algol and make the games completely offline affairs, which are prequels to the classic Phantasy Star series. There's millions upon millions of years worth of Algolian history from between the time the Darkness was sealed and the Protectors of the planets created up until Phantasy Star I. There's a lot of time for civilizations to rise and fall, and stories about those civilizations to be told.

AweOfShe
Sep 8, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:51, Zorafim wrote:
PSU's newmen are just sissies though.

I'm not! ;_;

Arika
Sep 8, 2007, 10:12 PM
May I get this in the next expansion ?http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8826/imgparika5xv5.gif

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-09-08 20:12, Arika wrote:
May I get this in the next expansion ?http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8826/imgparika5xv5.gif

I have no idea what this is, but I wholeheartedly agree. Giant lances FTMFW.

Sha Sha
Sep 9, 2007, 12:03 AM
Very long flowing hair
like down to butt status
SCYTHES!!!

Arika
Sep 9, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-09-08 20:58, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-09-08 20:12, Arika wrote:

I have no idea what this is, but I wholeheartedly agree. Giant lances FTMFW.

It is my deathblow ^_^

Mayu
Sep 9, 2007, 12:22 AM
A Scythe

A true giant metal Cleaver

A giant Panda

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 12:31 AM
Gee golly, call me a truck and slap me until Wensday. I guess I just do not share the same mindset as you guys on the Newman thing.

Newman put up with you, but it comes out ocassionally in their speech that they believe themselves superior. One of the most vocal is a young newman girl named Purol in the Synthesis shop. "Hey... Hey you! Do you know the difference between Human and Newman? Newmans are superior to humans!", or something along those lines. Ethan engages her about the issue several times, and she reveals that it's her parents who are feeding the supremacy shit into her head.

Alright, so there's one example, but since you're the guy scouring through the script, how commonplace is it in the game script aside from Puroi? One girl and her family might not represent dominant Newman attitudes (after all, doesn't Ethan argue with her by pointing out what the Divine Maiden teaches?). Now, she's one person I didn't catch in Neudaiz when I played through the first time. I went and bugged her repeatedly until I got to her game clear lines (where her parents want to invite Ethan over for dinner sometime). For good measure I explored Ohtoku and talked to everyone I found. Since this was a game clear save (and I don't have any early saves) most of the people just gave me their endgame conversation (I had talked to a lot of people already!). Still, from my experiences thoughout the game, this claim of prejudice and "far superior" racism just doesn't seem anywhere on the level you and Zorafirm claim.

I'm not saying there isn't any form of racism because Puroi obviously demonstrates there is. However, given the overt friendliness and gratitude many Newmen from Ohtoku display to Ethan it seems a lot less common and not as much of a problem. Do you think if the prevailing attitude in Newman society was a "far superior" racist attitude towards humans, that they would openly discuss a top secret project the CoG developed during the 500 year war? I'm not talking about Rutzu here, I'm talking about people on the street of Ohtoku city. Compare that to how Parum CASTs act in the final chapter, where they display a grudging (even ashamed?) sort of respect for Ethan and company, or still attempt to downplay their heroic acts.

Think of it like the differene between USA Deep-South Redneck Racisim and Japanese Racism. This is actually fairly accurate since Parum represents more Western culture, while Neudaiz represents Eastern cultures.

... ... Actually I'd say that's NOT an accurate case of East vs. West, considering the kind of prejudice and hatred CAST supremacists dole out can be found anywhere and is not exclusive to "western" or "eastern" cultures; a good example would be what South Koreans do to Westerners if they so much as think they could be Americans.

What I will say is that the Newmen as presented in PSU are a form of fanservice, but I think you've got it all wrong ...

Instead, they took a well loved and respected race and pidgeonholed them into a Mage-class (which is completely opposite their intended role) just so it could fit into the deadpan stereotype of every other goddamned online RPG out there so that newbies who are used to WoW or Everquest and love Lord of the Rings can have their elves in space.

Where does one get this whole "fucking space elves omfg" impression? How can people reach that conclusion despite the hit-you-in-the-face pseudo-Japanese culture the Newmen of PSU exhibit? You just admitted noting that Neudaiz represents Eastern culture yet you call them Space Elves? Last I checked, Japanese "historical" fantasy stereotypes don't equate to the stereotype of elves in Western fantasy, and I don't think Newmen fit the elven stereotype that well as it is, pointy ears excluded.

I think they chose a pseudo-Japanese culture as a sort of fanservice for the Japanese playerbase and Japanophiles. If there's any stereotype Newmen are guilty of, it's not being Space Elves, but being the "token Japanese/Eastern reference in a Japanese RPG."

Wartecher =/= Numan. In PS, Numen were actually quite competent as melee characters, and their tech-casting abilities were support oriented. Wartecher is, right now, shafted on both accounts. Come AoI, it gets worse since WT gets NO additional S-Rank melee weapons (including the traditional Numan claws - which take FOREVER for a Newman to use anyhow) and they get no boost to their supportive TECHNICs. Rather, they get a boost to their attack techs (which Numen do NOT use), Melee PA, and Bullets. Guntechers will get better support techs, as well as the new class Aerotecher (who is even worse at melee than WT).

If that's how things are, I guess I can't say anything against that. I'm no stat guru but I do have my own experiences. I have a human WT who has no attack TECHNICs, just buffs/debuffs and focuses on one-handed sabers. I do this for matters of style. In his origins, he's a supporter and healer, unable to use offensive magic. Given all that, he does pretty decently, or would if I had the money to buy him better equipment. Given I can live with that kind of lifestyle I can't see why a Newman WT playing like a Numan would do so badly to the point it warrants not-equal signs all over the place.

Hell, it seems ironic to me that Newmen, who have stat bonuses as a Wartecher, are considered bad at it in general. Even if they don't get AoI's supportive TECHNIC boost, and even if ATs don't get to wield claws, I figured the evening out of racial stat differences would have made this less of a problem for a WTnewm.

Herein lies a problem. If they wanted to add in a race which carried on the legacy of Dezolians... why not, you know, add in Dezolians?

Ask Sonic Team that. Dezolians have been missing from Phantasy Star since PSO, as have Motavians. When they were developing the beasts the designers did initially base them off the Motavians of the PS Classic series, but over time made them into their own thing. I don't think Phantasy Star had ANY kind of aliens except us Earthlings in PS2 and PS3 and maybe Dark Falz although his origin is related to the Great Light, the progenitors of all Algolian races.

Anyway, if PSU is meant to be the "Turn A Gundam" of the Phantasy Star series then they might just explain why Newmen have focused more on TECHNICs. I suspect a lot of it has to do with breaking ties with the human nations and founding their own culture if you compare PSO's Newmans to PSU's Newmans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-08 22:33 ]</font>

Arika
Sep 9, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-09-08 22:22, Mayu wrote:
A Scythe

A giant Panda

why it has to be panda every time.
-_-

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 9, 2007, 01:04 AM
She stole some of my panda from my farm.
n__ n
(* x*)>"
(v(_ ))

OnTopic:

I think some more weather effects would be interesting. There's always no wind in every area so no breezy hair. I'd like to see snow flutter in missions and such in the future!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-09-08 23:07 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 01:08 AM
On 2007-09-08 22:52, Arika wrote:

On 2007-09-08 22:22, Mayu wrote:
A Scythe

A giant Panda

why it has to be panda every time.
-_-

Because pandas are awesome. (http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Pan_Pan)

Oh, I'd like to add "Pilotable G-Flyer Missions" to my list.

Phantomface
Sep 9, 2007, 01:14 AM
Randomized enemy spawns
another use for guns
scythes (bet cha didnt see that one coming)

DonRoyale
Sep 9, 2007, 01:20 AM
Scythes. Definitely.

Mayu
Sep 9, 2007, 01:47 AM
Wow...

My grammar is hard to understand?

Rofl.... I think it's the other away around Arika

- -

I would also like to see

Grants back in the game -.-

AxelgearVII
Sep 9, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-09-08 23:47, Mayu wrote:
Wow...

My grammar is hard to understand?

Rofl.... I think it's the other away around Arika

- -

I would also like to see

Grants back in the game -.-

CHEATER!

ShinAnt
Sep 9, 2007, 02:27 AM
Are we going to start this again. Can we drop it?
Inb4meowmeowhisssssssssscatfight!

And if those lances were in there.
Fun but broken. (and would suck for anyone who had lower than a Gig of RAM.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinAnt on 2007-09-09 00:30 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Sep 9, 2007, 11:50 AM
Dezolians own the holy living hell out of PSU newmen. (Their religion is better, too, and so far as we know, much less corrupt.)

Yeah, the fuck is with nothing but humans-with-different-ears? I want goddamned aliens in my sci-fi/fantasy RPGs. Little furry blue things with beaks. Tall hairless green things. Something that doesn't look like I just slapped three different kinds of pointy ears on a standard-issue Earth human. -_-

Why are newmans suddenly wannabe Dezolians/Espers?

Raja > Rutsu. (Hell, the Dezolians in towns who tell you all about how much they hate Palmans > Rutsu)

On-topic...

A weapon class that approximates PSO's Partisan type. Weaker than spears, but with the good old speed and attack range I loved in PSO.

Nevermind lame-ass PSO-style slicers, gimme some proper slashers.

PS-tribute clothing. They already put a couple outfits from PSG1 in there, why not the original designs? DX If I can't have a proper Dezolian, at least let me dress like one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Customizable animations. Some of the NPCs stand differently than the normal standing pose. Why not let us choose things like that during character create? Maybe I want to have my newm stand like Hyuga does, or make an old man and have him stand like Nav does. Have effectively identical but different-looking animations for weapons and let us choose which ones to use. Shit like that.

THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE ISN'T RIGHT-HANDED GODDAMN IT, LET ME BE LEFT-HANDED IF I WANT.

Clothing for girls that doesn't make them look like whores.

Some proper freaking robes for males besides just the damned FOmar dresses.

As long as we're raping past games for inspiration anyway, just go whole hog and give me VR Algol, goddamn it.

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-09-08 23:05, Mayu wrote:
Oh, I get it! You hate the Pandas, or something!

I see now! and WTH. This is my first time saying Panda -.- (well on here <3)

She's right, that sentence was rather difficult to understand.
I'm sorry, Rena ~.~

Stezan
Sep 9, 2007, 02:23 PM
One thought of mine that would help to make Newmans better at Melee combat is to put a TP Modifier on PA skills. I think I remember reading somewhere that Newmans were "adept at controlling photons." This would fit into that description (Skills use Photon too, not just Techs). They wouldn't be the same as PS Numans (i don't really know, i never played them), but it would help (along w/ things like Just Counter) pull Newmans out of the Force-type niche.

I'd also like to see Single Sabers and Daggers that don't have a twin set as well (and twins that don't come in singular versions). It takes away from the weapon's individuality.

NosajX7
Sep 9, 2007, 04:24 PM
S-Rank weapons that can hold more than one element.
Armor too, while we're at it.
PSO-style yasminkovs

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 9, 2007, 05:17 PM
I just realized what I would love to see.

Custom Classes ><!! Broken? Maybe. Want? Yes...

Silve
Sep 9, 2007, 05:29 PM
some form of left handed melee weapon would be interesting. A shield "weapon" in the left hand would be interesting, with blocking being it's "attack", and photon arts ranging from throwing the shield to ramming people with it. Not sure what a right handed "gun" would be though...unless the slicer already counts as one. :E

Tonfa's and Scythes would be awesome, Nunchucks would be badass too....infact, any weapons from Soul Calibur that aren't in PSU would be nifty. :E

Arika
Sep 9, 2007, 10:58 PM
Magical sword!!
I think they should have some special PA that be a kind of element PA!!(Magic + sword combine PA ) too
this kind og PA should use both TP + ATP on calculate damage and may be consume more PP
for example : the PA like Spenlder Crush should has lighting element extra damage! (no matter what element weapon u use, it will gain +15% lighting damage with base on your TP )
this can help Wartecher and newman fF

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-09-09 20:59 ]</font>

Mayu
Sep 9, 2007, 10:59 PM
Oh yes and ummm well

Add the Wind techs back!

Tigerram
Sep 10, 2007, 01:55 AM
Credit to the individual about airboard riding. That would be TOOOOTALLY BOSANOVA dude! No seriously, that would rock!

I'd like to see them not interpret the vehicle system they currently have offline to online (because that was a big disappointment for me, and it sucks) and just work on a brand new type of vehicle design/s. Something, not exactly, but kinda like a Warthog from Halo, where a person can drive, and everyone else keep the vehicle from getting damaged by keeping enemies away, whether it's fighting, shooting, or casting. Not to mention the vehicle/s could have it's own ammuntion/weapons/guns.

I'd like to see a shooter with a real type of sniper rifle with photon sniper rounds. It would have to be a slow progress because the rounds no doubt would be very powerful, but the shooter would have to reload the rifle each shot. I'm sure this wouldn't happen since it's a faster paced game, but hey, I'm a sniper fan, and I think this would be pretty cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I love the TC's idea of the PM's AI doing their own thing, that would be sweet! I lol'ed hard at the PM's interacting with each other part, that too would be too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Other than that, good thinking on everyone's part.

Powder Keg
Sep 10, 2007, 02:01 AM
Different weapon hold/swing styles etc....can also be changable at the makeover shop.

Aumi
Sep 10, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:27, Zorafim wrote:
Simple. This:

turned into this:

I also want the good ol' assassin style Numen back. It's that form of fighting, i like best. Beasts dont make up for it, at least not in my opinion. Beasts are those who just smash enemies into peaces, Numen are Ninjas... would be nice to have old school Numen back.
http://www.camineet.net/camineet/ps2images/nei.gifhttp://www.camineet.net/camineet/ps4images/rikastat.gif

omegapirate2k
Sep 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
Less completely unnecessary lag on the 360 version.

Seriously.

Jet1337
Sep 10, 2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, what's up with the fucking lag on the 360??? Not just during missions but out in the lobbies.

PsyGuy
Sep 10, 2007, 06:05 PM
The problem is Numans have to be boxed into a mage class now, because it wouldnt be fair with class jumping if you made a Numan and they excelled at both being a Hunter and a Force. It would unbalance the races even more.

This is why the Hunewearl class in PSO worked she was her own unique class with her own unique stats.

If they gave Wartekker S rank Twin Claws, made their buffs MST reliant so they could buff themselves to a decent combat level, then possibly you would be able to get a Hunewearl/Nei class.

I really think they got it wrong with the guntekker and wartekker classes. The wartekker who wants to be the close up fighter wants the superior support abilities to buff themselves and heal their teammates, they are concentrating on combat support basically the Nei role. The Guntekker is the one with the superior ranged advantage and the one who would be more beneficial to have attack spells than getting in close to buff and heal teammates.

Zorafim
Sep 10, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-09-10 16:05, PsyGuy wrote:
The problem is Numans have to be boxed into a mage class now, because it wouldnt be fair with class jumping if you made a Numan and they excelled at both being a Hunter and a Force. It would unbalance the races even more.

How about get rid of the whole "Race = Class" thing totally? It's a stupid concept when it started, it's a stupid concept now, and it will always be a stupid concept. This is how racism and sexism began, because one race wanted to be above others. Now it's being encouraged.

Like I said before, makes newman agile hunters, accurate rangers, and focused forces. Make Casts controlled hunters, precise rangers, and durable forces. Likewise, make beasts powerful hunters, berserk rangers, and wild forces. Each race should be able to any job well, in their own way, and keep their Phantasy Star heritage while doing it.

PsyGuy
Sep 10, 2007, 06:30 PM
yes its easy to give prefixes like wild, agile, accurate etc but in a gameplay terms how are these going to be implemented? and implemented fairly.

Also you need races to be different otherwise there is no point having a choice at all if it is all merely ascetic.

Admittedly if they made the counter/defensive system really good and Numans could concentrate on being a more skill based form of a hunter. Or made a special set of weapons that base their damage off MST instead of Atp? Tech linking melee weapons? Regenerate Gear BP?

Whichever you look at it the Wartekker class is being gimped with their paltry selection of S ranks.

I think we need either the stat materials or the mags back or something new that allows us to customise our stats in a way that we can play a class how we want. Some limited form of choice in the S weapons per class would be good too, allow you to alter 1 of your A ranks into an S rank so u can use a weapon you like without having to build an entire class around it.

Humans and Numans deserve to have an SUV/ Nano Blast ability especially now AoI is adding even more diversity with SUV's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsyGuy on 2007-09-10 17:16 ]</font>

Jinto117
Sep 10, 2007, 06:36 PM
Besides wanting humans and newmans to get special attacks, I want everyone who now works at Sonic Team to get fired and bring in everyone who worked on PSO back in the day. Either that or have Sega sell the rights for PSU to Capcom or Konami. They would do a much better job.

SStrikerR
Sep 10, 2007, 06:55 PM
i think that one thing that would boost the amount of players playing would be 10* s ranks in shops, and all the crea weapons.
if sega did this at the beginning of AOI, everybody could have a cool/power weapon that they could use if they really needed it, or just for the looks. =]
and by that time we should have 12*-13* weps out, so they wont be terribly overpowered, but would let more people enjoy the game.
i think the prices should be somewhere between 500k (for the crea weps) and 1 mil for the normal ol' S ranks.

your thoughts?
personally id like creadoubles or two-headed ragnus. =] if anyone has one that they dont want, and would be willing to let somewone else use without them buying-trading for them, like working, or help hunting other stuff, let me know =].

Alis-Landeel
Sep 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-09-10 16:24, Zorafim wrote:
Like I said before, makes newman agile hunters, accurate rangers, and focused forces. Make Casts controlled hunters, precise rangers, and durable forces. Likewise, make beasts powerful hunters, berserk rangers, and wild forces. Each race should be able to any job well, in their own way, and keep their Phantasy Star heritage while doing it. Quote! I like this point of view.

But to make this the battle system of PSU should be much more evolved.

MT7218
Sep 10, 2007, 09:31 PM
There are plenty of things I would agree with what is said in this thread, but there is one thing that, if not adressed in AoI, should be adressed in a future expansion, and would go along with a stat rebalance: For the love of god and all that is fucking holy FIX DFP AND MST! Seriously, being able to block about 100-ish damage with close to ideal DFP (Female CAST FF with an A/S rank armor) when normal enemies are able to get 500+ a hit with NON-CRITS in high rank missions, it's not gonna help much. MST works the same, only the best case secenario (Female Newman FT) there is about 130-140 damage blocked from techs that can do 500-1000 regularly. Seriously, as it stands tanking is almost purely reliant on armor % and a little bit of Max HP.

Powder Keg
Sep 10, 2007, 10:43 PM
I'd also like to see an actual decent music composer. The music in PSU is totally tolerable, but when compared to other games it's nothing, and to me the music creates a big feel of the game. When I'm playing some classic SNES or PSX RPG tracks while playing PSU, the experience is 100x better usually.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 10, 2007, 10:53 PM
The music would be the least of my concerns. Several tracks are excellent, most are decent, and only very few are intolerable (S.E.E.D - Hive, I'm looking at you).

Aries2384
Sep 10, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-09-10 16:55, Ryan113 wrote:
i think that one thing that would boost the amount of players playing would be 10* s ranks in shops, and all the crea weapons.
if sega did this at the beginning of AOI, everybody could have a cool/power weapon that they could use if they really needed it, or just for the looks. =]
and by that time we should have 12*-13* weps out, so they wont be terribly overpowered, but would let more people enjoy the game.
i think the prices should be somewhere between 500k (for the crea weps) and 1 mil for the normal ol' S ranks.

your thoughts?
personally id like creadoubles or two-headed ragnus. =] if anyone has one that they dont want, and would be willing to let somewone else use without them buying-trading for them, like working, or help hunting other stuff, let me know =].

Oh yeah thats a great idea. Way to piss off the people who work HARD for their S ranks! If I had a pallet full of S ranks that I spent 1000 hours collecting. Id be pissed if some nub who begs for money or does HSM for a week has the same pallet I have. Let this be a game where people realize that the term "Working for you stuff" can be said about this game too. People are too lazy. People are far too lazy when they buy Meseta off of paysites and become godly within their 3rd week of playing. Great idea buddy.
If I could compromise to this Idea. It'd be put the 9*'s in the shop. Keep the S ranks out of shops. Leave us something to WORK for and hunt for. Oh.. and put the Me/quick in shops. Because 3million for a B slot unit is crazy. That is the only thing I would consent to in that area.

Shou
Sep 11, 2007, 12:12 AM
More Players

Fure_Rakune
Sep 11, 2007, 12:42 AM
I think it would be neat if you could alter the color gradient for your primary/secondary colors to allow more customization and depth in the character creation.

D1ABOLIK
Sep 11, 2007, 01:51 AM
Im for everything except the PVP.If we get PVP everyone will stop running missions and i wont be able to walk five feet in game without someone challenging me to a duel.People already only run HSGDMFM and endrum.Its already hard enough to find a party elsewhere and this would make it harder.Plus promote trash talking which is already a problem without PVP.If we get PVP i will have to run in universe 30 all the time or either blacklist 90% of the population.

________
Launch box vaporizer (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

Apone
Sep 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
I want a heavy duty photon chemical thrower a big huge stonkin chemical thrower that when fired would have similar properties to dam spells you would stop and fire and you could aim side to side. It would be so awesome to see an entire party with a weapon like this anhilating everything. Ahh good ol fashioned carnage.

pikachief
Sep 11, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-09-10 23:51, D1ABOLIK wrote:
Im for everything except the PVP.If we get PVP everyone will stop running missions and i wont be able to walk five feet in game without someone challenging me to a duel.People already only run HSGDMFM and endrum.Its already hard enough to find a party elsewhere and this would make it harder.Plus promote trash talking which is already a problem without PVP.If we get PVP i will have to run in universe 30 all the time or either blacklist 90% of the population.

thats y its not gonna be like WOW and theres gonna be a PVP area type place if they ever added it in. like that place on the 3rd floor would do nicely.

thats IF they put it in!

also u all seem a little impateint! the new expansion hasnt even came out yet and u are already thinking about another one? O.o

Zorafim
Sep 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-09-10 16:30, PsyGuy wrote:
yes its easy to give prefixes like wild, agile, accurate etc but in a gameplay terms how are these going to be implemented? and implemented fairly.

Add in a crit modifier, give newmen access to a large amount of it. Boost Casts's survivability as a force. If I'm not mistaken, that covers all of it. All other races make decent Hunters, Rangers, and Forces.

Also you need races to be different otherwise there is no point having a choice at all if it is all merely ascetic.

Then we're in agreement. As it stands, the only difference between a beast hunter and a newman hunter is that one sucks and the other doesn't. They still play the same.

Ryoten
Sep 11, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-09-10 22:12, Shou wrote:
More Players

lol. I was thinking the same.
Our connection with the JP & Xbox 360 players.
To be able to hold two types of element sabers.
Be able to use hoverboards for traveling. Maybe Sonic Riders style.
Looking for metal based weapons instead of photons.
Be able to customize your pm to your liking.

Schubalts
Sep 11, 2007, 11:51 PM
Flamethrower.
Gatling gun.
Photon boots!

Silve
Sep 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
My half asleep mind read that last one as Photon boobs! :E

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 12:03 AM
Wait wait....

Twin Mech guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lol

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 12:12 AM
Twin slicers.

Dual wield weapon styles that aren't twin weapons. Saber + dagger, x-bow + handgun, etc. Just because.

Leviathans. Lots and lots of mountain sized leviathans.

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 01:04 AM
A delasaber

Chuck_Norris
Sep 12, 2007, 01:18 AM
A spell that does this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2q6fxaxC0&mode=related&search=

And make your character say it like that when they cast it too.

Zantra
Sep 12, 2007, 04:28 AM
I'd like to see, everything that's not going to be unlocked for us, in PSU, and in PSU: AOI, to be unlocked. Why can't we have bikini's? And, Rappy suits? Formal wear...? I give up.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 12, 2007, 05:33 AM
things that i would like to see, but will never happen.

Twin Mechguns weapon class. More costomization with the hair to be able to chose any hairstyle with any accecory, and to have animal tails similar to the devils tail and panther tail mags back in pso, exept have a wide variety of tails like a fox tail would be nice.

Aumi
Sep 12, 2007, 06:59 AM
On 2007-09-10 16:30, PsyGuy wrote:

Admittedly if they made the counter/defensive system really good and Numans could concentrate on being a more skill based form of a hunter. Or made a special set of weapons that base their damage off MST instead of Atp? Tech linking melee weapons? Regenerate Gear BP?

Whichever you look at it the Wartekker class is being gimped with their paltry selection of S ranks.

I think we need either the stat materials or the mags back or something new that allows us to customise our stats in a way that we can play a class how we want. Some limited form of choice in the S weapons per class would be good too, allow you to alter 1 of your A ranks into an S rank so u can use a weapon you like without having to build an entire class around it.

Humans and Numans deserve to have an SUV/ Nano Blast ability especially now AoI is adding even more diversity with SUV's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsyGuy on 2007-09-10 17:16 ]</font>

1.: would be nice if u could build your own class, adding stats and weapons up to a specific amount of points, which u get with your lvls.

2.: would be cool if Newmans could get special close-combat weapons like Bars from PSII. I like the bars much more than those oversized claws. Numans always used them cause it was light-weight-weaponry and they had that cat-like style, but those PSO/PSU claws are oversized, heavy things.

Urtri
Sep 12, 2007, 08:25 AM
ok things id like to see the most are More Race/Type specific Weapons (like Cast only Mechguns or Fortetecher only Bows) and maybe clothes based on Phantasy star characters

And on the Numan/Newman Side of things Sega can do 1 of 3 things (listed below) i'll be Very happy

1. Completly Customiable Job Type. Bassically in this everyone would start with only the ability to use C rank Sabers and Handguns with low Stat Mod's. MP will then be colloected and used to buy weapon usage upgrades (adding the abilty to use a weapon type and Upgrading the rank it can be used at), Trap usage, Stat Modifiers (100% HP to 102%. etc), PA Limits, etc

2. Race/Gender specific Job Types that have very limit weapon useage but quite high stat modifiers that play to Old Phantasy Star Sterotypes.

3.Add an option during Newman Character Creation to make your Newman either Newman or NUman
with the only Real differance being Newmans have High TP and low ATP and Numans High ATP and Low TP (all other stats would be the about the same with Numans getting a lower MST in exchange for a higher STA maybe).

Any of these would solve all the current Nu/New Man problems in one go. However we must rember that SEGA and Sonic Team have said that the Jobs will be reblanced to allow people to use any race in any job type in AotI (hurray for me and my desicion to Create a Female Numan Fortefigther called Rika)

bloodflowers
Sep 12, 2007, 01:35 PM
Drops.

Aumi
Sep 12, 2007, 01:41 PM
hmm, a NUman should still have a pretty good TP, cause they were good support-forces (Nei/Rika). But else, i really like your ideas ^_^

I wanna make a Numan Wartecher/Fortefighter named Nei, if they rebalance it ^_^

Nia
Sep 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
I would like to see Race spacific Classes. Not exactly sure how it would balance but here are some preliminary thoughts:

-Beast Tank Class
-S ranks in Knux, Axes, Swords, Spears
-Increases Basic Attack speeds
-only able to use these 4 weapon classes
-Increased PP regen w/ basic attack
-Reduced DFP

and for all of those newmans who long for ninjaly skills

-Newman Ninja class
-S ranks in Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Photon whips, Double Sabers
-Increased PA damage
-Only able to use these 4 weapon Classes
-Increased Evasion and Defense
-Reduced ATA

any thoughts for CAST or humans or expansions/edits of these?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
A class with 40/0/0/40, with S-Rank single/twin daggers, spears, whips, wands, and madoogs.

Oh sorry, I seem to have mistaken this for the ridiculous ideas topic.

Nobo
Sep 12, 2007, 03:41 PM
S-ranks automatticly working! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Nia
Sep 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
"Oh sorry, I seem to have mistaken this for the ridiculous ideas topic."

o.O care to elaborate or..... they seem logical to me......

Koji1m1
Sep 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
i hope in the next expansoin that they brings in new weapon types like nunchucks or somthing XD, and some specific Job abillities too Like for example Rangers can do dodge rolls, Hunters striking PAS will do more damage or do the animations faster, and Forces hav the laddace shield thing like the other person said. and also new bosses too

Aumi
Sep 13, 2007, 08:32 AM
On 2007-09-12 12:54, Nia wrote:
-Newman Ninja class
-S ranks in Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Photon whips, Double Sabers
-Increased PA damage
-Only able to use these 4 weapon Classes
-Increased Evasion and Defense
-Reduced ATA

I like that 1, but a good addition would maybe be Fans/Cards(look a bit like shuriken(those throwing stars)) and slicers (as kunai(throwing knives)) would be a little ninja like.

And it would also be nice if there were katanas like in PSO, also ninja/samurai weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aumi on 2007-09-13 06:34 ]</font>