PDA

View Full Version : 360 Community.

MalVR
Sep 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
So, I plan on getting PSU AoI for the 360, I've only played PSU offline so I donno how the communities are. Which is better?

How does the 360 server stand up against the PS2/PC server?

People wise, population wise, item wise.

Your guys's responce will set which version I get, so please help. Which do you all suggest?

Also, does the 360 have the same events? Example, Sonic's Birthday, etc.

Thanks.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 04:53 PM
360 has more people on it, less meseta in the system, apparently a better player shop.

PC has the scape doll update.

I think PC wins.

RedX
Sep 8, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-09-08 15:15, xXNinjaXx wrote:
that people WERE hacking and they had to fix it

You just admitted it's fixed. So no problem anymore.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
Wow, this topic was edited to all hell. What happen?

RedX
Sep 8, 2007, 06:05 PM
Now my post looks out of place >.>

Ontopic: I vote for PC of course.

Edit: They don't have everything but most things yes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-09-08 16:07 ]</font>

MalVR
Sep 8, 2007, 06:05 PM
Does 360 have everything PS2/PC has? Event wise, item wise, etc?

Sychosis
Sep 8, 2007, 06:07 PM
360 has a few more items. We don't have the death patch yet though. And I prefer it that way myself.

-Crokar-
Sep 8, 2007, 06:08 PM
the 360 has everything and more than the pc/ps2 but the extras are just stupid items. pc and ps2 have the noob update where there is no death penalty

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:09 PM
You prefer paying 5k every time you get insta-killed? I couldn't stand it, myself. This way, at least you don't pay too much out of your pocket when in a party.

Retehi
Sep 8, 2007, 06:09 PM
Too many weaboos on the PC/PS2 side.

BanF
Sep 8, 2007, 06:15 PM
The 360 population is far larger, but it is no community.

The PC/PS2 do have a community, pity is so small.

Updates-wise they are identical, though, Thank the Gods, the 360 still lacks the baby-pampering death penalty update. The 360 has about five more items available than the PC/PS2, but they were available for a limited time only and can only be found on shops nowadays; plus the PC/PS2 people are now getting them through the Sidekick Saturdays.

If you have a PC that can run it, get PSU for that machine. If you have a PS2 instead, get it for that one. Only get it for the 360 as a last resort.

MalVR
Sep 8, 2007, 06:21 PM
How many people are online PSU PC, on peak hours?

I think I'm leaning towards PC, but the only thing that worries me is lack of population.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
Almost nobody. Peak hours nets at most three stars (four is pushing it). I've just learned to play without anyone besides my partner card list.

Rashiid
Sep 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
peak? isnt it like 800?

peak for 360 is about 2000-2500 ish (200 per star right?)

Dhylec
Sep 8, 2007, 06:43 PM
Hm, here's a thought. Even if there are 30,000 online at once, you can't play with more than 5 others. PSU is designed that way, so more doesn't really make the game any bigger. ;]

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 06:47 PM
Actually, it does. The size isn't really about playing with more people, it's choosing who you want to play with. With a large number of people, there's a higher chance of finding a party which is doing the same level you want to do. There's also the fact that there's more traffic to the area you want to go, meaning more taxis (Why are people locking and kicking people from their taxi parties?). Also, if you party with a jerk, you can leave the party and join a better one. Then there's more people to trade with, and more chance somebody will buy your junk. A bigger community is just overall better.

But yeah, that means buying a 360...

Rashiid
Sep 8, 2007, 06:48 PM
but if all your friends quit and your stuck hitchhiking from party to party; forced to do only 'Hot Spot' missions.......
Community # does count then.

Dhylec
Sep 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
I solo a lot even when there are many stars on a uni. I avoid big noisy crowded places by default. I guess I'd never care if there are 1 or 5 stars on a uni. ._.

Zael
Sep 8, 2007, 06:55 PM
I play on both servers, and I prefer the PC/PS2 community by far.

lostinseganet
Sep 8, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:43, Dhylec wrote:
Hm, here's a thought. Even if there are 30,000 online at once, you can't play with more than 5 others. PSU is designed that way, so more doesn't really make the game any bigger. ;]

But we gotta try to justify the massive part of our multiplayer game....somehow.

omegapirate2k
Sep 8, 2007, 07:17 PM
The no death patch will come to 360, it just has to be approved by microsoft, which should be somewhat soon.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-09-08 16:53, Dhylec wrote:
I solo a lot even when there are many stars on a uni. I avoid big noisy crowded places by default. I guess I'd never care if there are 1 or 5 stars on a uni. ._.

It's been a while since I've been to a noisy area as well. It seems to simply attract stupidity and offensive comments. I lolfF solo to get my S ranks, or play with friends. If I were to grind, then I'm sure I'd of past the level cap by now, as well as capped all my PAs. But, heh, I kinda want those S ranks...

Natasha_M
Sep 8, 2007, 07:24 PM
The 360 might has 3 - 4 items more only and they are novelty items nothing big. The community is big enough on both ends altho 360 seems to be running around with many idiots due to population attention.
The PS2/PC has a smaller community but mainly alot of friends and close knit people. PC/PS2 also has the beneficail no death penalty patch which rare hunters and people who like to solo have a purpose to actually bring their NPC and PMs into battle without worrying about loosing reward. Therefore making PC/PS2 more rare hunting friendly.

The JP players seem to be ditching the 360 side now tho, when sega sees there not much JP left on it will the 360 side be left for dead like back in the PSO xbox days? where it never got updates, and was stuck in christmas forever lol.

The only upside for me on 360 is the voice chat but only with poeple you can get along with and know. Other than that the PC/PS2 side is more perferable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natasha_M on 2007-09-08 17:26 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 8, 2007, 07:27 PM
its not that 360 doesnt get updates (on tha JP comment); just we get them later. only things we havent got were certain events (only 1 i can think of)

BanF
Sep 8, 2007, 07:31 PM
Death penalty patch is not a benefit, it's a way to make the game more lame. May it never come to the 360.

If the 360 population dies off to PC/PS2 levels, we won't be worse off than they are, for one, and for another we still won't have hacker attacks every three or four months, like the PC/PS2 people.

And voice chat is as much a curse as a blessing, and is not surprising at least half of us don't bother with it.

Still, if you have the choice of platform, don't go for the 360, unless being around lots of people is your thing. And like others have said, you'll find as much parties with 200 people around as with 2000.

Rashiid
Sep 8, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-09-08 17:31, BanF wrote:
and for another we still won't have hacker attacks every three or four months, like the PC/PS2 people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqdDblfX6s

ohh man...good times....well...bad times....well..yall gettin ya -ish back anyway right?

anyway; i HIGHLY doubt the 360 will be the one dying.

_tsunami
Sep 8, 2007, 07:38 PM
seems to me like a popularity contest.. you know like back in the days where which cool boys or girls get to become home coming king and queen.. grow up. PS2 lost a bunch of players when the lag on PS2 hardware overcame the players who had little or no patience. (prob a good thing anyway). Then came the big bannings on people who cheated or had cheat weapons which were wiped out. They were enable to reapply on PC side so they shifted to the 360. The PC/PS2 version is fine in population, and besides the PC version (if you have a good PC) runs alot more superior than any other platform, with the bonus of taking beautiful screenshots. Other than that you could easily make static friends on either server but yeh if you need 200 + people just to play the game and still not getting friends then dam you must be a very unlikable person... or just too whiny.

Lykos
Sep 8, 2007, 07:48 PM
360 has 10x more people, that's reason enough.
It's way easier to control with the controller rather than the keyboard.
The experience is way slower on the PC than on the 360.
A good TV, 360, and game costs way less than a good computer, monitor, graphics card, video card, etc. etc.
The XBL interface is a lot better than just the stand-alone PSU community menu.

bakemono
Sep 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
Lykos you must have a bad PC.. lol
actually coming from both sides, the good PC is prob cheaper. A good tv?? + a 360.... which ware house do you come from lol PC is alot faster because its installed into hard drive therefore it doesn't require the spinning of the dvd to load everytime like the 360/PS2 does.
Having all 3 version, i perfer PC, i can tell you its the best one. I use the 360 controller on PC as well since the wired one is USB. If you have a good computer even if its around 1 year old it should run fine. If you perfer the best gameplay experience with minimum lag go for PC. But if you have a PS2 and 360 only then go for 360. Just avoid playing on the PS2 machine lol. Community on both sides are good PC having the death penalty removed saving you alot of money especailly if your just starting out. Other than that take advice from people who have actually played both sides. and finally welcome to PSU!

MalVR
Sep 8, 2007, 07:58 PM
It doesn't even normally have 200+?

I thought they said 800, 800 is fine to me.

I think I'ma go for the PC version, thanks. o:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MalVR on 2007-09-08 18:01 ]</font>

BanF
Sep 8, 2007, 08:00 PM
It does; each lighted-up star in the Unis is 200 people, and PC/PS2 usually has at least two stars lighted up. They peak around 800, but they usually average (except at low tide, so to speak) 400 people, more than enough for anything.

RedX
Sep 8, 2007, 08:07 PM
Lykos is full of it. If 360 had 10x population they'd have more like 4000-7000 not the actual 3000-4000.

And btw lykos you proved your own inaccuracy in that post. A Graphics card and a Video card are the same thing >.>

amtalx
Sep 8, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-09-08 18:07, RedX wrote:

And btw lykos you proved your own inaccuracy in that post. A Graphics card and a Video card are the same thing >.>

He's still using an old Voodoo with a pass-through cable, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PALRAPPYS
Sep 8, 2007, 08:15 PM
Hm...

It really depends...

My friend just switched to 360 after playing on PC and says he can't be happier he switched. Of course, that's only one person, but there have been others who switched.

If you don't mind some haxeta in the economy, higher-priced items, and a smaller population, go PC. Otherwise, 360.

Broodstar1337
Sep 9, 2007, 12:09 AM
I've been back and forth from PC to 360. I like the 360 for it's population and voice chat. A lot of douches run around, but for every douche, there's someone who's not a retard.

Hatemachine
Sep 9, 2007, 12:11 AM
I say it goes by your play style I myself cant stand keyboard mouse combo just doesnt work for me.

The controller however has been in my hands since the 80s

As for the population 360 is bigger but that seems too flux off and on with the releasing of games off and on.

When Blue dragon and bioshock as well as two worlds hit the numbers of people dropped and still seems a bit lower.

Used to have Universe 1 2 &3 full stars now peak hours uni 1 &2 full 3 has 1 maybe 2 stars.

My console is for gaming my computer for information gathering and movies/music storage unit.

All left really up too your prefferance both have ups and downs I say 360 the bugger.

Complex_Jao
Sep 9, 2007, 12:11 AM
360...more people=more fun

Sychosis
Sep 9, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-09-08 22:09, Broodstar1337 wrote:
I've been back and forth from PC to 360. I like the 360 for it's population and voice chat. A lot of douches run around, but for every douche, there's someone who's not a retard.

Can I quote you for future reference and stuff?

Dhylec
Sep 9, 2007, 12:15 AM
OK, the Op has decide what to do. This topic is now done.
It is just another beating to the poor old dead horse. So let me put it to sleep before any more flies come around.

Arika
Sep 9, 2007, 12:15 AM
you want quality or quantity? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif