PDA

View Full Version : is psu too ez?

landi7man7
Sep 9, 2007, 03:33 AM
i think it is... anyone here think that it is hard in the least bit?

Syl
Sep 9, 2007, 03:36 AM
lol wut

Dragwind
Sep 9, 2007, 03:38 AM
On 2007-09-09 01:36, SylviaEspada wrote:
lol wut

ashley50
Sep 9, 2007, 03:39 AM
On 2007-09-09 01:38, Dragwind wrote:

lol wut

Alarac
Sep 9, 2007, 03:40 AM
On 2007-09-09 01:39, ashley50 wrote:

lol wut

Jakosifer
Sep 9, 2007, 03:43 AM
Is it really that difficult to type "Easy" out? >_>

Anyway, yea its easy, but sometimes it can be annoying. I'm mainly talking about having to take 10 years to kill a mob. (They aren't a serious threat, they just take ages to kill)

Midicronica
Sep 9, 2007, 03:49 AM
It's pretty easy, but there are certain areas in the game that can present you with a little bit of a challenge.

Micro
Sep 9, 2007, 03:49 AM
On 2007-09-09 01:40, Alarac wrote:

lol wut

with a side of OMFGWTFBBQ

Anyways, I don't think the game is too "ez". Yeah, it could be harder than it is, but people would just whine and complain like they do about everything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micro on 2007-09-09 01:52 ]</font>

VanHalen
Sep 9, 2007, 03:57 AM
In certain missions the game is easy with a party. Sometimes a mission you've done with a 4-6 man party will be harder with a 2-3 and near tedious hard by yourself.

lostinseganet
Sep 9, 2007, 04:12 AM
This game is eazy fo shezy because all the whiners did what they do best...yo

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 05:46 AM
On 2007-09-09 02:12, lostinseganet wrote:
This game is eazy fo shezy because all the whiners did what they do best...yo

If that's true, you'd think the game would be harder than a diamond, then. There is such a thing as a hardcore whiner (http://www.thenoobcomic.com/) and the most recent examples of it here in PSU involve the "scape nerf."

I'd say the game is conditionally hard. The difficulty level does ramp up if you are going solo, even with NPCs or your PM helping you. Enemies that would normally open up like swiss cheese are a serious threat, suddenly. In a six man party, mobs often die too fast to make any effective response and their attention is split.

Once you're alone though, no one else is dealing damage or drawing their hate; they're all up in YOUR grill, and NPCs can only provide so much of a meatshield/distraction/healing support. Since there's no one to save you should you die, you can lose rank PDQ if you don't buy scapes. Dying too much can make playing the game this way far more costly than the benefits. (I already lose a lot of money trying to level Killer Shot at Desert Goliath S2 just from the recharging ... and this is one of the places where it's most useful!)

The only reasons left to play the game like that are for the high difficulty thrill, or for whatever rares you might be looking for. I'll admit, it is pretty fun at times to try and dodge a group of Seekers' cruise missiles in Desert Goliath, but I don't find much fun in, say, trying to clear Block 2. (If I did try to go all the way to the end of DG S2 solo, I'd get a C-rank anyway ... )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-09 04:41 ]</font>

amtalx
Sep 9, 2007, 07:40 AM
Bring back the original bees.

EOF

Arika
Sep 9, 2007, 07:44 AM
no, they are hard!! at least, it is hard to drop 11* <,<

Dragon_Knight
Sep 9, 2007, 08:17 AM
Yea I think the games difficulty depends mostly on how you play it. With 6 people all with optimal class/race configurations and proper elements, anything short of a Megid throwing HIVE mob on S2 is going to go down quick. I've seen it happen even on DG S2, where the bears spawn, get stun locked, and drop dead shortly after. On the same token I usually play a newman PT...forget trying to get anything done solo. I take forever to clear out an S LL mob and will probably die once or twice to stray megids.

But to be perfectly honest that how any RPG game goes....thats why they can be so easy or mind numbingly hard. If you're over lved and with the best equipment nothing is going to stop you. No amount of nerfing or changing the way the game works is going to make it more "hardcore" the simple principal remains "More lvs + best equpiment = easy mode"

I remember the orginal mission requirments for an S rank. You had to get through the mission without dying and not having auto revive handy. Moon atomizers were usless because everyone had to carry scapes or risk being booted. People abused this part of the system too (and still do) by walking into random games dying in some way or form and leaving, easily destroying S ranks. But the rule didn't make the game hardcore nor did it lower the difficulty of the game when it was changed. Just made more emphisis on one game item and less on another. But the same thing remains, your going to have an easier time with higher lvs and better equpiment then a person with lower lvs and lesser grade equpiment.

Katy
Sep 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
Solo every mission on S2 as a Fortefighter then come back and tell us how easy it was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Ryno
Sep 9, 2007, 08:37 AM
it's hard when you're a support force.

Thats if you're soloing and you only have 2 attacks for technics

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-09-09 06:40 ]</font>

Mortisx3
Sep 9, 2007, 09:04 AM
Its way too easy and most of the population wouldnt have it any other way...

amtalx
Sep 9, 2007, 09:43 AM
On 2007-09-09 06:19, Katy wrote:
Solo every mission on S2 as a Fortefighter then come back and tell us how easy it was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Being stupid doesn't count as challenging. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-09-09 07:43, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-09-09 06:19, Katy wrote:

Being stupid doesn't count as challenging. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There's a difference between playing the game in a challenging way and being stupid.

Soloing every S2 mission and S-ranking them is a challenge.

Trying to behave exactly like NPCs, running up to monsters and letting them kill you ... that's being stupid.

gundam0079
Sep 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
the only thing hard is hunting rars, and thats it

Hath_Wrobo
Sep 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
Well, difficulty wise, I'm glad the enemies are somewhat easy to kill, because honestly, who would want to face enemies that have a shit load of hp and defense? What I think they should do to increase difficulty however, is not the quality of enemies, but the quantity. In a 6 person party, you still only face about 4-5 enemies at once. Why not make it more? 6? 8? 12!? Then that would be a challenge which wouldn't make the game seem so easy.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 9, 2007, 12:22 PM
the game is just cheap

I mean, let's say I'm in Hive owning some deljabens, literally not hit yet, there were 4 of em. Kill 3, last one tosses megid, kills me first shot? Yeah that's just cheap. Crap like that makes people quit

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
Hm, my definition of difficult is obviously different than everyone else's. I think something is difficult if it requires alot of skill and precision to do, something this game just doesn't have. I probably use the same amount of skill I used at lv5. There's simply no reason to have skill in the game as it stands, you either get hit or you don't. Everything's about luck, even getting hit. If enemies home on to you, have have a hitbox as large as they are, and PAs prevent you from dodging it in time, how can you use skill to get out of that?

In that sense, PSO was a harder game. It may have been easier to get to your goal, but at least you had to work towards it. Here, it's simply pick and choose your PA and let it rip.

Kylie
Sep 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
To be honest, I've always thought MMORPG's were far too easy because most of your skill relies on your level, but I've noticed such a difference in skill amongst PSU players. Like some people totally suck, others can solo pretty much anything. I still think a lot of it has to do with level, but I do admit to seeing that some talent is also required.

Xaeris
Sep 9, 2007, 12:44 PM
Well, I'm not going to kid myself; no one should play an RPG of any sort if it's challenge they're looking for. Still, as Sonic Team makes the game easier and easier, there's less reason to use the array of talents our characters have.

I dunno, I just think there's something really wrong with the fact that many of us can solo S2 missions. I really do hate when a game forces you to rely upon other people, *coughFFXI*, but at the same time, other party members should be more than just a convenience.

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 12:44 PM
You talk of soloing as if it takes skill. Even that is completely patience and stats.

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
I dunno, I've found some of the skills I needed to play Metroid Prime come in handy when I'm soloing in Phantasy Star Universe, especially if I'm using rifles.

That and maybe a bit of tactical sense; knowing how to use the field and enemy AI to your advantage. Wouldn't those be considered skills?

Kylie
Sep 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-09-09 10:44, Zorafim wrote:
You talk of soloing as if it takes skill. Even that is completely patience and stats.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Yeah, I suppose. Still, you have to have good timing with attacks and support. Plus, good movement to evade enemy attacks (which will be more useful in AOI with the box thingy).

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah. Easy. Keep telling yourself that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Soloing is hard enough. Doesn't mean I'm gonna whine about it.

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-09-09 10:46, F-Gattaca wrote:
I dunno, I've found some of the skills I needed to play Metroid Prime come in handy when I'm soloing in Phantasy Star Universe, especially if I'm using rifles.

That and maybe a bit of tactical sense; knowing how to use the field and enemy AI to your advantage. Wouldn't those be considered skills?

Ah, I forgot to add in non-hunters to the equation. Rangers do seem to use some skill, since you guys can actually evade enemy attacks. But I still don't think it takes alot of skill to get good at it.

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 12:58 PM
It's a Hack and Slash... it's about as hard as that can be.

Esufer
Sep 9, 2007, 01:02 PM
IMO, PSU is way too hard. I mean, I really find it detracts from the immersion all these instant death spells flying around, and it really impacts on my playing experience having to pop trimates in a mission.

Sekani
Sep 9, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-09-09 10:27, Kylie wrote:
To be honest, I've always thought MMORPG's were far too easy because most of your skill relies on your level, but I've noticed such a difference in skill amongst PSU players. Like some people totally suck, others can solo pretty much anything. I still think a lot of it has to do with level, but I do admit to seeing that some talent is also required.

What she said.

Soloing isn't hard either, it's just a test of your patience.

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 01:15 PM
Why do people act like PSO didn't have megid almost everywhere too?(Btw, it had more areas with it)*

Jesus Christ, theres such a huge double standard when people compare PSO to PSU.

PSU Megid:
-Jarbas
-Deljaban
-Fakis(?)
-Carrigune(Spelling?)
-Jusnagugs

PSO Megid:
-Ob Lillies
-Gran Sorceror
-Del Lilly
-Deldepth
-Falz
-Megid Turrets

PSO always OHKO moves:
-Mericarol and variants
-Epsilon

PSO "megid like" attacks:
-Ill Gill

Yeah, PSU has SO much more megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-09-09 11:22 ]</font>

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 01:16 PM
You forgot Jusnagugs. I dunno how to spell it, lol.

The Dark Tengohgs. Oh! And carriguines.

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, so unless someone can think of more enemies I might be missing, PSU and PSO have exactly the same amount of megid creatures. I could be a dick and count Mil Lilys, but I won't.

But PSO unarguably has more "cheap" moves, in the sense.

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
Clearly we need Megid Turrets.

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-09-09 11:19, F-Gattaca wrote:
Clearly we need Megid Turrets.

Right, PSO did have that.

Oh, Epsilon had megid shield attack too. And it's ice one was a OHKO too since it insta-freezed.

Esufer
Sep 9, 2007, 01:25 PM
Eye fink somone missed me joke, aye aye aye.

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 01:26 PM
I was referring to Zorafim.

And the JACKEL

THE PJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-09-09 11:26 ]</font>

Esufer
Sep 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
Damnit.

Xaeris
Sep 9, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-09-09 11:15, PJ wrote:
Why do people act like PSO didn't have megid almost everywhere too?(Btw, it had more areas with it)*

Jesus Christ, theres such a huge double standard when people compare PSO to PSU.

PSU Megid:
-Jarbas
-Deljaban
-Fakis(?)
-Carrigune(Spelling?)
-Jusnagugs

PSO Megid:
-Ob Lillies
-Gran Sorceror
-Del Lilly
-Deldepth
-Falz
-Megid Turrets

PSO always OHKO moves:
-Mericarol and variants
-Epsilon

PSO "megid like" attacks:
-Ill Gill

Yeah, PSU has SO much more megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-09-09 11:22 ]</font>

Having more creatures with Megid doesn't necessarily equate to more Megid. For example, while a Gran Sorcerer could, in theory, cast Megid, that crystal very rarely survived long enough to get even the first one off, nevermind subsequent casts.

So while PSO had more creatures with the ability, a single deljaban uses it much more often than any of them do.

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
True. But Deljaban megid is also level 1. While most creatures had very high megid, to the point where unless you made an effort to have EDK, they were gonna OHKO you.

Deljaban megid, while it happens lots, is not the same case.

While Ob and Del Lilys cast megid way more than Deljabans do, so thats a pretty moot point anyways.

But thats not really the case anyways, since most people complaints is megid being "Everywhere", when its in fact only in Hive, Linear Line, and wherever Jarbas can appear(And Jarbas megid isn't even what makes Jarbas fearsome). PSO had megid in everywhere except Forest and Mines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-09-09 11:55 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 9, 2007, 02:00 PM
On 2007-09-09 11:26, PJ wrote:
I was referring to Zorafim.

And the JACKEL

THE PJ

and did I ever say it wasn't annoying in that as well? No, I got sick of PSO far earlier than PSU because of how much slower that game is, such as walking ever so slowly upon getting close to enemies and such

BUT, you could also just stand in the doorways, and shoot enemies, then leave the room and they run back to where they were.

THE JACKEL

DikkyRay
Sep 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
Omg. too fucking easy. PSO was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than this. Its almost embarassing to call this a game. Its time consuming, not hard. Christ.

Parn
Sep 9, 2007, 02:05 PM
Deljaban megid is the equivalent of Zol Gibbon megid in ultimate mode for PSO. It can be a nuisance, but it doesn't work often enough to be truly devastating.

The only thing that's cheap in PSU is Kamatoze and Jarba Dambarta. It's ridiculous how a Kamatoze is unstoppable once it starts the casting animation, and how it hits in a 360 degree radius. It's also ridiculous how a Jarba can cast Dambarta, and if it flinches or gets shoved back, can resume moving while Dambarta continues firing off for another three seconds.

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:05, Parn wrote:
Deljaban megid is the equivalent of Zol Gibbon megid in ultimate mode for PSO. It can be a nuisance, but it doesn't work often enough to be truly devastating.

The only thing that's cheap in PSU is Kamatoze and Jarba Dambarta. It's ridiculous how a Kamatoze is unstoppable once it starts the casting animation, and how it hits in a 360 degree radius. It's also ridiculous how a Jarba can cast Dambarta, and if it flinches or gets shoved back, can resume moving while Dambarta continues firing off for another three seconds.

Exactly. But people seem to love to believe otherwise for some reason.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 9, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:06, PJ wrote:

On 2007-09-09 12:05, Parn wrote:

Exactly. But people seem to love to believe otherwise for some reason.

it's completely random when it hits. But when it hits me, kills me, I get revived, hits me again, and I die again, literally as I get up, yeah it's annoying. PSO was annoying too IMO, so that argument means nothing to me. Not everyone here praises PSO as being amazing, I never have.

THE JACKEL

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 02:10 PM
PSU too easy? Unless all you do is C-Rank missions, don't make me laugh.

I was actually surprised when I found that I managed to solo Mad Creatures S without dying or using a single Scape Doll when I was a Fortegunner. I hate Go Varhas. >3

PJ
Sep 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:09, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
it's completely random when it hits. But when it hits me, kills me, I get revived, hits me again, and I die again, literally as I get up, yeah it's annoying. PSO was annoying too IMO, so that argument means nothing to me. Not everyone here praises PSO as being amazing, I never have.

THE JACKEL

Well, then you're just over eggaterating, if you have even 14 STA, its megid will rarely kill you. Or maybe you should try dodging it, its not that hard.

THE PJ

afish8doom
Sep 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
No, compared to most mmorpgs PSU takes relatively more skill to play then most. Granted it could be a little harder, but for the most part the skill cap is abit higher then other online games I have played.

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
Thing about PSO's Megid, you could dodge it. Enemies clearly told you when they would use it, and you could stop your combo and get out of the way. PSU's megids aren't so clear, and because of unnecessarily long PAs, it's much more difficult to dodge them (Unless you're a gunner, of course).

My complaint though, is that many moves are just cheap. I want to use Vanda's Damnedfoie as an example. They can start it instantly (often when you start your PA, being unable to dodge the initial burst), turn while using it, and it stuns so you can't get out of it without using a PA that can move you away (Thank you, Spinning Break). If they use it, and you're a hunter, you're going to get the full effect of it. No amount of skill will get you out of that, only luck.

I can also say pigs. When they charge, they home right on to you. Even if you aren't in your PA, and you try running full speed, you can't dodge it since their turning is so quick. All you can do is pop a mate so you don't die, and try to get thrown into a convenient area. They also attack faster than most stuns in PAs can occur, so you'll probably get hit a few times in a PA. If you try to remedy this by attacking behind them, you get kicked in the face. None of this is fatal, but you simply can't do anything about it. It's frustrating.

Neudaiz's grunt enemies are also rather bad. Their Barta is so strong, it can freeze every other blast. Each freeze lasts a long time, and each barta does alot of damage. It also comes out quick, so you'll have difficulty dodging it. These enemies also have the tendency of standing in a far off area, so you may not be quick to attack them. They also come in groups. Often what happens is, I run toward them trying to dodge their bartas, I attack one, another one freezes me, and I get blasted with the bartas of all the others. I die before I get unfrozen as often as not.

Many enemies just have something cheap about them that simply turns this game into a button masher. Though I want a challenging game, I also don't want to die from something I can't stop. The most fun games are the ones you can beat at a low level with large amounts of skill, after all.

Parn
Sep 9, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:27, Zorafim wrote:
because of unnecessarily long PAs
In other words, the problem is the player and not the game, no? If there's a crapload of megid spitters in a location, spamming photon arts with long animations probably isn't the wisest of choices. I play very conservatively when there's a lot of deljabans or jarbas concentrated in one area, and use photon arts only when I'm very sure I can pull one off without sucking down megid. End result: very rarely do I get hit by megid.

Finae
Lol......don't really require much skill tbh, just common sense. That goes for any game tbh lol. People said in FFXI, it required skill, it did not. Knowing how to do your job and having common sense was what made you. The monster A.I in PSU isn't really anything special compared to actual mmos. There are no mobs that are impossible to kill or require a large amount of ppl. Then again, thats not what I'm looking for in this game.

PSU to me is easy. Even when I had crap gear back in the early days, it was easy to me. And mind you, from back then when psu launched to today, I have done all these so called "challenging missions." Nothing challenging about them and they were a joke when you had 6 people. PSO had the difficulty. Even with my best gear, the hardest areas in PSO (typically PSOBB since it had every area) were challenging as heck from solo up to 4 peeps. The only difficult missions to date via solo or in crappy parties via PSU are Dark Satilite S2 and SEED awakened S2.

Granted, people will call PSU easy if they have the top of the line gear available to them. You'll see how easy things become if you set yourself up (your race/class) to be best at what you do (i.e class) along with having great gear. And when you add 5 other people, things become very easy despite their gear. If they have l33t gear, then its a joke, if not, its not incredibly difficult since you are the one clearing the area anyways. Though if you don't know how to play "the game" meaning things from common sense, to your class, the mobs, your pas/techncis etc etc, then yeah, it can be a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Then we have the joe smoes who like things easy. They don't want hard and challenging, they want easy. You give one of them a hard mission and they'll go running back to that easy mission. Or Joe smoe complains about the mission to whoever. Then you hear these joe smoes saying that "PSU is too easy" when they don't even run the harder missions. These kind of people I somewhat hate, but are easily contradicted so I just argue with them and they automatically lose.

So what does Sega do? They make PSU easy so your average joe smoe don't cry about it. Maybe in expansion, they'll make the difficulty as difficult as PSO was, but I'm not expecting it.

KaffeKane
On 2007-09-09 12:27, Zorafim wrote:
Thing about PSO's Megid, you could dodge it. Enemies clearly told you when they would use it, and you could stop your combo and get out of the way. PSU's megids aren't so clear, and because of unnecessarily long PAs, it's much more difficult to dodge them (Unless you're a gunner, of course).

My complaint though, is that many moves are just cheap. I want to use Vanda's Damnedfoie as an example. They can start it instantly (often when you start your PA, being unable to dodge the initial burst), turn while using it, and it stuns so you can't get out of it without using a PA that can move you away (Thank you, Spinning Break). If they use it, and you're a hunter, you're going to get the full effect of it. No amount of skill will get you out of that, only luck.

I can also say pigs. When they charge, they home right on to you. Even if you aren't in your PA, and you try running full speed, you can't dodge it since their turning is so quick. All you can do is pop a mate so you don't die, and try to get thrown into a convenient area. They also attack faster than most stuns in PAs can occur, so you'll probably get hit a few times in a PA. If you try to remedy this by attacking behind them, you get kicked in the face. None of this is fatal, but you simply can't do anything about it. It's frustrating.

Neudaiz's grunt enemies are also rather bad. Their Barta is so strong, it can freeze every other blast. Each freeze lasts a long time, and each barta does alot of damage. It also comes out quick, so you'll have difficulty dodging it. These enemies also have the tendency of standing in a far off area, so you may not be quick to attack them. They also come in groups. Often what happens is, I run toward them trying to dodge their bartas, I attack one, another one freezes me, and I get blasted with the bartas of all the others. I die before I get unfrozen as often as not.

Many enemies just have something cheap about them that simply turns this game into a button masher. Though I want a challenging game, I also don't want to die from something I can't stop. The most fun games are the ones you can beat at a low level with large amounts of skill, after all.

Saying a big hearty hello to Guild Wars, are we?

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:33, Finae wrote:
Lol......don't really require much skill tbh, just common sense. That goes for any game tbh lol. People said in FFXI, it required skill, it did not. Knowing how to do your job and having common sense was what made you. The monster A.I in PSU isn't really anything special compared to actual mmos. There are no mobs that are impossible to kill or require a large amount of ppl. Then again, thats not what I'm looking for in this game.

PSU to me is easy. Even when I had crap gear back in the early days, it was easy to me. And mind you, from back then when psu launched to today, I have done all these so called "challenging missions." Nothing challenging about them and they were a joke when you had 6 people. PSO had the difficulty. Even with my best gear, the hardest areas in PSO (typically PSOBB since it had every area) were challenging as heck from solo up to 4 peeps. The only difficult missions to date via solo or in crappy parties via PSU are Dark Satilite S2 and SEED awakened S2.

Granted, people will call PSU easy if they have the top of the line gear available to them. You'll see how easy things become if you set yourself up (your race/class) to be best at what you do (i.e class) along with having great gear. And when you add 5 other people, things become very easy despite their gear. If they have l33t gear, then its a joke, if not, its not incredibly difficult since you are the one clearing the area anyways. Though if you don't know how to play "the game" meaning things from common sense, to your class, the mobs, your pas/techncis etc etc, then yeah, it can be a challenge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Then we have the joe smoes who like things easy. They don't want hard and challenging, they want easy. You give one of them a hard mission and they'll go running back to that easy mission. Or Joe smoe complains about the mission to whoever. Then you hear these joe smoes saying that "PSU is too easy" when they don't even run the harder missions. These kind of people I somewhat hate, but are easily contradicted so I just argue with them and they automatically lose.

So what does Sega do? They make PSU easy so your average joe smoe don't cry about it. Maybe in expansion, they'll make the difficulty as difficult as PSO was, but I'm not expecting it.

Excuse me? PSO was easier than PSU.

Dragwind
Sep 9, 2007, 02:48 PM
Uhh wtf. There are too many stupid players that don't know what tactics and dodging are in EITHER game. Case closed.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 9, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:48, Dragwind wrote:
Uhh wtf. There are too many stupid players that don't know what tactics and dodging are in EITHER game. Case closed.

it has nothing to do with that. Like I said, I can attack an entire group and not get hit once, then that one chance megid can hit me and kill me, and it's just annoying. Hardly difficult. I'm not gonna spend 90% of the time just running away to get one hit in. Sometimes you have to take a hit or two to save time, because well, I don't have tons of time to play when i actually do sign on nowadays.

THE JACKEL

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:48, Dragwind wrote:

QFT. Even the fearless leader of FireMonkey had learned a thing or two from me when we were all on PSO:BB.

BigBadWolf
Sep 9, 2007, 04:08 PM
Anybody that says PSU is hard, has guaranteed never played FFXI.

Indica
Sep 9, 2007, 04:40 PM
This game seemed too hard for a bunch of people, so Sega re-balanced things

DonRoyale
Sep 9, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't care. It's time-consuming.

And it's not boring to tears. >.>

Therefore, win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-09-09 14:08, BigBadWolf wrote:

I played FFXI. I feel like the combat is the same here, except I don't lose exp when soloing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-09 14:50 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Sep 9, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-09-09 14:50, Zorafim wrote:

I played FFXI. I feel like the combat is the same here, except I don't lose exp when soloing.

The same, I find that pushing it... and yes FFXI is considerably more harder than PSU lol.

SStrikerR
Sep 9, 2007, 06:18 PM
soloing some missions witha lv 48 fg is tough, but with a party of 3+, its easy as crap

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:33, Parn wrote:
In other words, the problem is the player and not the game, no?

No. That's simply one example, which happens to have solution. The solution is, sit back wait until the enemy is using one of the few moves that might make it vulnerable, then attack. This is what I use against Kamatozes, and it only works around 80% of the time, since it can attack continuously.

The fact is, it's impossible to get through a stage without getting hit, no matter how good you are (unless you're a ranger). If you stop your PA, the enemy you're PAing will hit you. If you don't, you get a barta to the back. There's never a perfect choice, and each one you make can get you killed.

Again, PSU isn't hard. The skill cap is simply too low for it to be. Instead, it's been balanced with easy healing and large parties. Because of these things, it can seem very easy, but the fact is that you can still get killed if you get into the wrong situation.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
Granted, people will call PSU easy if they have the top of the line gear available to them. You'll see how easy things become if you set yourself up (your race/class) to be best at what you do (i.e class) along with having great gear. And when you add 5 other people, things become very easy despite their gear. If they have l33t gear, then its a joke, if not, its not incredibly difficult since you are the one clearing the area anyways.

I find this highly false, considering the fact that I myself do have top of the line gear, if not the best, in terms of the fG class. The difficulty doesn't really change, just the pace onto which you kill monster and how fast you finish a mission. The fact is if you do have good playing form of the current class you play then yes the game will be considerbly more easier than those who don't.

The fact that I've played online game and offline games that require way more skill an thought into it gives me the edge to push my abilities as a fG to an excellent one. The subtlties between just an ordinary player and one that is top of the line are very fine in difference. Their gear doesn't nessarily make the player.

Parn
Sep 9, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-09-09 16:28, Zorafim wrote:
but the fact is that you can still get killed if you get into the wrong situation.
You're absolutely right, there are some situations in PSU where there is no solution and you get killed. But PSO wasn't any different. Sucking down a one-hit-shot from mericarol because you deflected an attack from a merillia which prevented you from moving sucks. Getting frozen and then eating a megid from a nearby Del Lilly because you didn't jam the analog stick fast enough to break free sucks. The list goes on, but the fact of the matter is, you basically said you can't dodge megid in PSU like you can in PSO. You most certainly can... moreso considering how fast you can move and how your character doesn't slow down when moving near enemies. You as a player are aware of the attack durations, attack delay for weapons, and your own reaction time as a gamer. It is up to the player to adjust accordingly.

Hath_Wrobo
Sep 9, 2007, 07:16 PM
You know, I'm sorry to reference this, but Diablo 2 did have a really nice system for difficulty depending on party members and rare drops now that I think about it. Basically, more people in party = more enemies and higher stats = better rares drop. If Sonic Team found a way to implement this type of system, it would probably be not only more balanced, but it would also encourage full parties for the difficulty and rewards.

McLaughlin
Sep 9, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-09-09 17:16, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
You know, I'm sorry to reference this, but Diablo 2 did have a really nice system for difficulty depending on party members and rare drops now that I think about it. Basically, more people in party = more enemies and higher stats = better rares drop. If Sonic Team found a way to implement this type of system, it would probably be not only more balanced, but it would also encourage full parties for the difficulty and rewards.

That's about the only part of Diablo II that I liked.

Gen2000
Sep 9, 2007, 09:26 PM

That type of system needs to be in PSU...since yesterday.

Mayu
Sep 9, 2007, 09:27 PM
Be really nice rofl

Have Vahra's One hit you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

or Volfu's <.<!!!

AND De-ragnus can be more of a bitch along with every neutral mob in this game

Weeaboolits
Sep 10, 2007, 02:07 AM
Offline is too easy. ._.

james_b
Sep 10, 2007, 02:41 AM
anyone remember all the hype for bruce? that mission was a fucking joke.

Weeaboolits
Sep 10, 2007, 02:46 AM
Was it a funny joke?

bloodflowers
Sep 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
Their recent rebalancing efforts ruined several missions. The bees also didn't need nerfing (Hey people, ever heard of status effects? Set them on fire!). Is it true they're nerfing enemy STA next? Sigh.

How about just dropping every monster to 20 hit points, that might just about do it.

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 09:03 AM
Pfft, the game designers could give every enemy the stats of a Lv1 Pannon, and people would still complain about it being too hard.

F-Gattaca
Sep 10, 2007, 09:17 AM
On 2007-09-10 07:03, BanF wrote:
Pfft, the game designers could give every enemy the stats of a Lv1 Pannon, and people would still complain about it being too hard.

Just as there are people who would complain the game is too carebear even if every enemy had the stats of a Lv105 Dulk Fakis and a 100% success rate Megid attack.

MMORPG devs aren't going to get anywhere listening to people like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-10 07:18 ]</font>

ne1first
Sep 10, 2007, 09:30 AM
From the point of view that you CAN solo absolutely anything in ths game including the "hardest" boss, PSU is an easy game. It make take a long time and a trip or two to the lobby, but the game is designed to allow for this, so you *can* solo Fakis S2 with any job if you throw time at it.

Now go try solo Jormungand in FFXI. Or in fact any regular mob that is 10 levels above you (actually the best ninjas can pull this off, with skill and equipment, but only regular mobs not HNM); Anyway typically you are going to get owned in less than a minute, the mob regens his hp to full, and you lose 2400 exp in the process. That's the sort of thing that makes a game challenging.

Bliven
Sep 10, 2007, 09:34 AM
I've soloed IT mobs as rdm/nin >.>

F-Gattaca
Sep 10, 2007, 10:15 AM
On 2007-09-10 07:30, ne1first wrote:
From the point of view that you CAN solo absolutely anything in ths game including the "hardest" boss, PSU is an easy game. It make take a long time and a trip or two to the lobby, but the game is designed to allow for this, so you *can* solo Fakis S2 with any job if you throw time at it.

Now go try solo Jormungand in FFXI. Or in fact any regular mob that is 10 levels above you (actually the best ninjas can pull this off, with skill and equipment, but only regular mobs not HNM); Anyway typically you are going to get owned in less than a minute, the mob regens his hp to full, and you lose 2400 exp in the process. That's the sort of thing that makes a game challenging.

Here's the million dollar question, ne1first. When you say "anyone can solo Fakis," do you mean "anyone can solo him and S-rank the mission?" That's an important difference. I know that I couldn't do it; not without spending a ton of money on scapes and recharges. Gaozorans would blow me to pieces, and I'd probably hit the floor from a megid or three. The people who solo Fakis S2 and S-rank it on 1 HP without dying once are the truly skilled among us.

Yeah, snark all you want about how it takes a little strafing and you can dodge anything in PSU, but I don't think it's that easy peasy. Take my example; I try to keep on my toes, yet I STILL get my share of knockouts. I died at least once every time that, Balthasar, Deja Vu, and I went to fight Dimmagolus. Seeker missiles still strike home at an even rate, no matter how many I sidestep. I'd like to think that I'm hardly a bumbling idiot, but I also know that I am not the best player out there.

Yes, with enough time, the most dedicated player can solo a mission in Phantasy Star Universe, but he's going to get a poor rank if he gets his or her ass handed to him repeatedly. A poor rank means getting little--or no--job EXP or meseta, and he can forget about PA fragments. I think that's where this whole complaint about PSU's easiness falls apart; everyone expects the game to be like FFXI and harshly punish you for death as well as make it near impossible to gain any EXP except with a large party of just the right kinds of classes, and even then ensure that it will take that party hours to see any progress.

But that's not really "challenging," that's more like "throw your controller at the monitor frustrating."

On the other hand, I do think there should be more party missions like Her Secret Mission, ones that end in failure if someone dies; that gives the hardcore "scape nerf is carebear" people among us missions that are unforgiving to parties. Don't like that you can easily avoid rank loss in a group? How about having the entire mission end in failure with no compensation at all?

ne1first
Sep 10, 2007, 10:45 AM
The key here is anyone soloing Fakis for MP is retarded, you have HSM for that. Sure you can challenge yourself by trying to S rank Fakis with 1 hp and no scapes, but that doesnt mean the game is hard, *YOU* are making it hard. When you get tired of the pointless exercise you use a trimate and beat the mission and collect your drops. This is why you are soloing, for drops, not for job points, not for meseta. Basically any drop in the game is achievable solo.

Illumiatus
Sep 10, 2007, 11:04 AM

I've played FFXI, and trust me, its like watching paint dry. The weapon delays, abilities timers were too long, and the only thing that required attention were skill chains(or whatever there called, haven't played in like 2 years) and magic bursts. Pulls were just a pain in the ass, along with the rest of the horribly designed grind of a game.

I like my games to be fun rather than test my patience, free time, and sanity. If by hard you meant what I just said, then yes it is HARD...but in a very bad way.

DAMASCUS
Sep 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
If you make a game slightly too easy then people complain about but they still play it. If you make a game genuinely challenging then very few people will have the patience to see it through. What ST clearly would want is to err on the side of the former. Thats why they nerfed Moatoob so bad is that no one was going there assuming that it was too challenging/annoying/cheap/retarded. I think this is the type of game that can only be challenging if you set the bar high for yourself and continue raising it...unfortunately that is starting to level off. How many great weapons can you have at lvl90 and still be truly challenged? After playing for as many hours of this game as most of us have there is just no way. The only challenge now is not settling into arrogance; I know the moment I do I get hit by Gaozorans Foie five times in a row. We don't need a new level cap or higher level monsters. What we need are new and unexpected challenges that require us to use our Photon Arts to the fullest. Do we ever really need PA's to kill a mob other then to speed things up and look fancy doing it?

The unavoidable truth too is that it doesn't matter because no mission is a challenge with six people all going at once; and NOT checking their mail and chatting, lol. On top of that if people are soloing these missions then something new needs to be introduced that requires at least three people to overcome; and NO I do not mean more buttons.

C-Mode...thats what we need...

F-Gattaca
Sep 10, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-09-10 09:30, DAMASCUS wrote:
(truth quote)

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I actually never got to experience C-Mode during my time in PSO (and I'm not sure I understand what it's about). I'd be interested in seeing what a PSU version would be like.

PJ
Sep 10, 2007, 12:25 PM
FFXI is way harder than PSU.

LFP in Jeuno for 6 hours is the hardest shit in gaming.

Jaspaller
Sep 10, 2007, 12:52 PM
PSU EZ BRA? FO SHEEZY G U NO WAT I"M SAYIN YO? It's in need of some improvements though. All I see right now is just straight boredom coming from this game.

On 2007-09-09 19:26, Gen2000 wrote:

That type of system needs to be in PSU...since yesterday.

They had it somewhat in PSO (offline/single player mode, and online/multiplayer mode). Why couldn't they add it in PSU? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif oh right, it's Sega.

omegapirate2k
Sep 10, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-09-09 01:49, Midicronica wrote:
It's pretty easy, but there are certain areas in the game that can present you with a little bit of a challenge.

Along with soloing most areas or going in with under 4 members.

Lykos
Sep 10, 2007, 03:44 PM
If by easy you mean takes no skill, yeah it's easy. All you need is time, and patience. Two things that not everybody has.

Koji1m1
Sep 10, 2007, 06:20 PM
well back when ep1&2 came out PSO was harder because of the ep2 areas (especailly on Ultimate)IMO but after a few years later it was easy becasue ppl had hacked mags up to lv 1300 and ubber stats on them and SUPER!! high % weps,high powered units like God/power and stuff like god/battle to make them stronger and tht pretty killed the challenge and fun out of PSO, But PSU on the Other hand its really not all tht hard once u got a party and stuff but since im a fighgunner it is harder a dogde attacks, however when i solo i keep an eye on the enemies movements instead of blindly button mash which is important to dodge attacks or i just sneak behind em then spam PAs, but about tht when fighting certain enemies as ethier a fighgunner or fortefigher it depends more on what can a certain PAs do in combo or animation rather than just spam it. like for example rising crushes 1st and 2nd combo causes a knock up then the 3rd causes a knock back While both splendor and asssult crush can only cause knock backs in thier 3rd combo So i belive there is a believe theres more stratagy in using PAs rather then just spaming them XD

DikkyRay
Sep 10, 2007, 06:23 PM
Ahhh challenge mode.
Shit was hard man. Ep2 Cmode? Soloing Falkis S2 is easier

SStrikerR
Sep 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-09-10 16:20, Koji1m1 wrote:
well back when ep1&2 came out PSO was harder because of the ep2 areas (especailly on Ultimate)IMO but after a few years later it was easy becasue ppl had hacked mags up to lv 1300 and ubber stats on them and SUPER!! high % weps,high powered units like God/power and stuff like god/battle to make them stronger and tht pretty killed the challenge and fun out of PSO, But PSU on the Other hand its really not all tht hard once u got a party and stuff but since im a fighgunner it is harder a dogde attacks, however when i solo i keep an eye on the enemies movements instead of blindly button mash which is important to dodge attacks or i just sneak behind em then spam PAs, but about tht when fighting certain enemies as ethier a fighgunner or fortefigher it depends more on what can a certain PAs do in combo or animation rather than just spam it. like for example rising crushes 1st and 2nd combo causes a knock up then the 3rd causes a knock back While both splendor and asssult crush can only cause knock backs in thier 3rd combo So i belive there is a believe theres more stratagy in using PAs rather then just spaming them XD

i agree with this d00d.
but really, i have to say, why does everybody think that fighs just run up to dambarta and say, oops l00lz i died?
i dont die much at all ever.
if i solo mad creatures S with my lv 48 figh, jesus it takes forever. but whats great is that i never die in it! I play smart. I use dualies to the fullest, then when i know all of the enimies are as soft as butter, i run up and wham em with ANY of my weps, and the mob is done. sure, it takes 30-50 mins to complete it, but i gain a few things from soloing.
a: all the exp is mine.
b:i can see what my weaknesses are without a party, and fix them.
c: since im soloing, nobody gives a crap how i play the mission, i can do it my way, how I like it, i dont really care if you hate me for using doubles, tough shit, i use them.

PMB960
Sep 10, 2007, 07:41 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but most people cheat because they don't have the skill to beat something on their own correct? So why did the entire server feel the need to cheat and get billions in haxeta to get all this crazy equipment? If PSU was so easy there was no reason for all these people to get so much haxeta. So either A)Everyone who plays PSU has no skill or B) PSU is actually a challenge. Here is an idea, if its SOOOOO easy dump your stacks of money and 50% weapons and try starting over from scratch. See how easy it is to solo Fakis S2 with 12% equipment and low % armor.

Lykos
Sep 10, 2007, 08:25 PM
It's not that it's hard to get so much money- like I said, it takes time, and patience. Heck, I have 500 hrs on my main, and I don't even have anything good. What if you had the choice to get the best equipment and tons of money in an hour, or take 500 hours to get mediocre equipment and barely any money. What would you choose, taking every other stupid variable you can come up with out?

ryvius
Sep 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, again, you're making the game harder by using the example of really crappy equips.

PMB960
Sep 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-09-10 18:33, ryvius wrote:
Yeah, again, you're making the game harder by using the example of really crappy equips.

Aren't you making it easier by cheating and getting tons of haxeta and 50% weapons?

Thats not crappy equipment its what you would have if you actually decided not to cheat. Playing legit is not making the game harder by using crappy equipment its playing the game the way it was supposed to be played. Cheating IS making the game easier though.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 10, 2007, 08:52 PM
On 2007-09-10 18:44, PMB960 wrote:

On 2007-09-10 18:33, ryvius wrote:

Aren't you making it easier by cheating and getting tons of haxeta and 50% weapons?

Thats not crappy equipment its what you would have if you actually decided not to cheat. Playing legit is not making the game harder by using crappy equipment its playing the game the way it was supposed to be played. Cheating IS making the game easier though.

as far as I know, the people who hacked, did it because they didn't want to spend the countless hours just to get nothing, like many people have

THE JACKEL

ryvius
Sep 10, 2007, 09:49 PM
I mainly play fG by the way.. I have midgrind crossbows, thank you very much. This class is a prime example of the game being pretty damn easy.

But those are some wonderful assumptions. Keep it up!

By the way, 12% IS crap. With a little determination you'll eventually get some semi-decent stuff on a budget if you're smart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ryvius on 2007-09-10 19:50 ]</font>

PMB960
Sep 10, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-09-10 18:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

as far as I know, the people who hacked, did it because they didn't want to spend the countless hours just to get nothing, like many people have

THE JACKEL

But the definition of "nothing" was changed because of haxeta. 50%/+10 weapons are not supposed to be considered "nothing". Many of the people who have no S ranks still have tons of weapons that are over 30% and are grinded to +5 which do FAR more that all those 10-14% S ranks out there. Thats not nothing. Hell even getting every different element for every 9* weapon your character can use is rather broken.

The fact still stands that if PSU wasn't hacked not nearly as many people would be calling the game easy.

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 10, 2007, 10:17 PM
This is one of the hardest games ive played, in terms of item acquisition and stupid rules and people.

ashley50
Sep 10, 2007, 10:41 PM

THE JACKEL

Then they shouldn't be playing this game at all as they don't have the patience to find one legitly.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 10, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-09-10 20:41, ashley50 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Then they shouldn't be playing this game at all as they don't have the patience to find one legitly.

patience? Oh man, sometimes this game just screws people over, people that spend a month hunting something for hours everyday, to finally get it, then fail the synth. It's not about patience.

THE JACKEL

Illumiatus
Sep 10, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-09-10 20:43, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-09-10 20:41, ashley50 wrote:

THE JACKEL

patience? Oh man, sometimes this game just screws people over, people that spend a month hunting something for hours everyday, to finally get it, then fail the synth. It's not about patience.

THE JACKEL

If you hack it to get what you want? Rather childish if you as me. If this game simply can't give you what you're looking for, just move on or quit.

LS_Aksion
Sep 10, 2007, 11:41 PM
lets see 1st things 1st *Crackes arthuitis fingers OW!

Ahola Suki/Hamburgler! so glad to see ya in pso-world http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ok, here comes the hard facts:

"Is PSU too easy".
as you play the game longer, I would say its tedius & becomes broken when your too strong. [hm... reminds me of Dragon Ball Z situation *No offence to the fans]

"other stuff"
no bothering by hidding it, ever since the money hacked, PSU economy got broken :/.
also the greed level has gotten much worse ever since FB. "find Jaos OH! Kick everyone"

then again, i could be wrong you know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vickie
Sep 11, 2007, 02:12 PM
Yea this game is mostly annoying than it is difficult but, Then again i find it is very difficult trying to be persistent when searching for 11* boards especially when you solo Goliath S2 for boss boxes.....

relentless
Sep 11, 2007, 02:20 PM
PSU isn't easy in general. The "hard" parts you could call "annoying things". Failing synths, breaking weapons etc.
Hmm, what's easy about this game I wonder? Kill lvl 5 enemies at lvl 100? Sure uhh.. but there are a lot of things you shouldn't take too easy.
You need patience and stamina to hunt items you want.
It kind of gives a bit of an adrenaline push when you synth or grind things.(hard? fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but at least not easy)
Communicating is a normal thing to do but there are people who can't really do that IMO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
etc. etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A lot of people who think this game is way too easy are just still noobs who still don't know well about PSU and think they're too good for this. (or dumb to begin with, no chance of being good at this game I say ;D)

Anduril
Sep 11, 2007, 02:24 PM
For my playstyle I think the game is just right. It's not so hard that I have to play for hours just to get anything done, but at the same time its not so easy that I can breeze through higher level missions(of course this is considering I am currently lv65). Plus there is the upside of finding some fairly decent people to play with. If I wanted to play something difficult I would have played Ninja Gaiden on its highest difficulty( I am very bad at that game. I couldn't get past the first boss fight for a week, and at that I just got a lucky hit in when I did beat him.)

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 11, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-09-11 12:20, SeKaI wrote:
The "hard" parts you could call "annoying things". Failing synths, breaking weapons etc.
It kind of gives a bit of an adrenaline push when you synth or grind things.(hard? fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but at least not easy)

you're telling me the things you have no control over are the hard parts? No.

I consider something hard, something you actually have some control over. Bosses in other games are hard, because it requires careful tactics or some level of skill. Grinding/synthing is complete luck. Hunting rares also isn't about patience, it's luck.

It's kinda like Poker... No matter how "skilled" you are, if you don't get the cards and the other guy always does, you'll never win. If the other guy keeps getting the best possible hand, there's nothing you can do. In the end it comes down to luck, and in the end PSU comes down to luck. Finding rares, synthing them, and grinding. Everything to make yourself powerful, comes down to luck. And the "lucky" ones are either truly lucky, or just do it a hell of a lot.

THE JACKEL

Jakosifer
Sep 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-09-11 12:44, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

The "hard" parts you could call "annoying things". Failing synths, breaking weapons etc.

I consider something hard, something you actually have some control over. Bosses in other games are hard, because it requires careful tactics or some level of skill. Grinding/synthing is complete luck. Hunting rares also isn't about patience, it's luck.

It's kinda like Poker... No matter how "skilled" you are, if you don't get the cards and the other guy always does, you'll never win. If the other guy keeps getting the best possible hand, there's nothing you can do. In the end it comes down to luck, and in the end PSU comes down to luck. Finding rares, synthing them, and grinding. Everything to make yourself powerful, comes down to luck. And the "lucky" ones are either truly lucky, or just do it a hell of a lot.

THE JACKEL

Quoted
For
Truth

DikkyRay
Sep 11, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-09-11 12:44, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Owned lol.
And quoted for fucking truth

Zorafim
Sep 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
How come I wasn't quoted for truth when I said that?

Jakosifer
Sep 11, 2007, 09:23 PM
<_< I didn't read the whole topic, just that part, and thus deemed it the undeniable truth....

Vickie
Sep 12, 2007, 12:39 PM
yes it does come down to luck in the end but persistence is most important because the more you try, the more tries you get. That is where the "difficult"
part comes into play when you run a mission for an hour and find nothing but scape doll boards it becomes "difficult" to Believe you will actually find something worth the time spent on that mission. but for those of you running non stop missions for your gear, ill give you a "tip" to keep you going, Don't think about it as "IF" you find it, But rather "WHEN" you find it trust me it works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2007-09-12 10:49 ]</font>

Tulio07
Sep 13, 2007, 07:24 AM
It's a hard game. I die tons more than in pso. It only seems easier. It's only easy when you're in a party of 6 cause nothing is hard then.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 13, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-09-12 10:39, Vickie wrote:
ill give you a "tip" to keep you going, Don't think about it as "IF" you find it, But rather "WHEN" you find it trust me it works.

oh so "WHEN" I find it, it "WILL" FAIL the synth

not much of a tip for motivation lol
I came to the conclusion long ago that finding a rare board means nothing until it's synth'd. If you haven't synth'd it yet, you don't have it

THE JACKEL

ShynForce
Sep 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
Im a pso vet and i think psu is harder than pso. I remember in pso all you needed was a pair of charge vulcans with 50% hit that you can buy from the shop if you check every now and then a charge raygun for dark falz/olga flow. Also a Red Sword and thats it really the dbl sabers you use for fun but if you want to just hit something 1v1 charge vulcan was the way to go. Me and my friends use to rape olga flow in 5min doing the 4way shifta thing. As for finding rares it was easier also because if you found something you have it you didnt have to worry about it failing.

Koji1m1
Sep 13, 2007, 10:01 AM
That reminds me of another problem with this game to me tht dosent make any sence why are the succes rates on the 9* weapons are SO much lower than S ranks? XD but then again synthing is hard regardless oh high succes rates a few days ago i just failed my first 2- headed ragnus synth and it was like 76% succes rate =(

Nobo
Sep 13, 2007, 06:35 PM
PSU isn't so easy and dulk fakis S2! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Vickie
Sep 13, 2007, 09:00 PM
f it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2007-09-13 19:07 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Sep 14, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-09-09 01:49, Micro wrote:

On 2007-09-09 01:40, Alarac wrote:

lol wut

with a side of OMFGWTFBBQ

Anyways, I don't think the game is too "ez". Yeah, it could be harder than it is, but people would just whine and complain like they do about everything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micro on 2007-09-09 01:52 ]</font>
QFT

the game would rawk if it was harder....i hear illuminus will solve your problems.

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2007, 12:28 AM
You seem to forget that it's challenge that makes something entertaining, not difficulty.