PDA

View Full Version : better drop rates on buffed up mosters???

ThaPrez2k5
Sep 9, 2007, 06:12 AM
is there better drop rates on buffed up mosters???

beatrixkiddo
Sep 9, 2007, 07:28 AM
Doubt it.

Rashiid
Sep 9, 2007, 07:34 AM
dont think so.

Turbobrain
Sep 9, 2007, 07:42 AM
The whole rare drop theory on this game could cause OCD... serious. I have seriously wondered if there are special 'days';) where, irregardless of luck, different types of items will drop contingent on name(like on PSO) or Job, race or even universe. With ONE luck I found a Stormline, a rapier, two Copperinias and a LOAD of other stuff AND I got the rare map on the same run....

Then I had this theory that good drops only happen at CERTAIN places. On Rainbow Beasts I found a Cati-Senba and Yamato-Senba in the same place(in a box, the drop chart is incorrect here) about 4 runs apart.

My personal favourite is that if I don't think about a rare dropping or care about it, then sure enough it will drop. I found a Me/Quick(with my dou'ing prtner) and we were like cool... we won't see another prob ever... but we'll continue running this as it's good for Rays, good exp, good MP and good fun. The next day we found another Me/Quick on our first run.... When we had three luck week, the same guy was waiting for me to get on and ran Moonlight Beast S just to kill some time.... he did'nt even know what dropped there and found a Sori/Tech Charge on the boss.

The last theory works well for me. I don't care anymore and stuff drops.Psycholigical but it works:) I'm now on my 8th S-Rank. The whole drop thing is probably more random than we think but then if we expect stuff then I guess it makes not finding anything more frustrating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-09-09 05:45 ]</font>

ThaPrez2k5
Sep 9, 2007, 08:00 AM
ive had a theory since day one it popped into my head and its still stuck there i think the whole drops and who gets what in missions is already been planned out like lets say your on your thirtieth run og crimson and the game already decided if your going to get a nightwalker or something from your thirtieth run facing that specific gol dolva *folowing me??* all by your ID number...i think the game has already planned it all out i mean on a set in order with 6 people in the party i got copernia nightwalker and nanoresin all in a row when it was set in order...i don't know but i truely think i might be99 percent right

Esufer
Sep 9, 2007, 08:02 AM
I predict a rumour starting.

Rashiid
Sep 9, 2007, 08:04 AM
On 2007-09-09 06:02, Esufer wrote:
I predict a rumour starting.

in this case; reviving a dead one....

Sexy_Raine
Sep 9, 2007, 08:55 AM
No, you just get more exp. they don't affect drop rates.

Sychosis
Sep 9, 2007, 10:10 AM
I found out that Double Agitos drop more often between beats 400 and 500.

True story.

OldCoot
Sep 9, 2007, 10:46 AM
I don't think so. If anything, buffed monsters slow down your ability to take them out quicker slowing another chance for a drop.

Dhylec
Sep 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-09-09 08:10, Sychosis wrote:
I found out that Double Agitos drop more often between beats 400 and 500.
True story.

The same for finding hildetors at beat 666.
Why? Everyone likes to hunt them around that time. ;D

engelsein
Sep 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
i had zero luck and gizaha zashi just droped on my first run

Esufer
Sep 9, 2007, 11:20 AM
You also get better drops from monsters if you change your party name to "psoallstars".

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
there's actually a RNG(random number generator) like every game, and if you kill an enemy a certain way it will drop it's rarest item! That's why you see the same parties getting lots of S ranks, because they use the same strategies, while others never get them!

(I don't actually know if that's true)

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 09:13 PM
I wish Sega would just tell us the drop rates already...

Skuda
Sep 9, 2007, 09:32 PM
I think it would be amusing if ST had put in some completely oddball userpaths to increase drop rates. Stuff like entering a specific mission, cancelling, moving to another planet without porting back to your room, enter the new mission, and apply a specific password, title and description.

>;3