PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Analog movement with keyboard+mouse?

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 10:44 AM
I've been interested in getting some form of analog control for PSU; always sprinting wherever I go annoys me and for ... certain projects, I'd want to be able to have a more fluid control of how I move.

I'm wondering; is there any sort of program that you guys know of which can convert mouse movement into analog stick movement on a controller? Something that would fool PSU into thinking that I really do have a controller.

I wish PSU had this kind of support for the mouse built in; I know they did in the PSOPC trial (you can still download that off Fileplanet, and I messed with it a bit) ...

I'm not too enthused by the idea of shelling out $20 for a controller and adapter for a system that I don't even have, that's why I'd rather attempt this first.

Shardio
Sep 9, 2007, 10:47 AM
But there's other controllers than USB X360's you know. They are a lot cheaper.
I have a Logitech Dual Action. It cost me like ... 10€, which is about 15$ ?

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-09-09 08:47, Shardio wrote:
But there's other controllers than USB X360's you know. They are a lot cheaper.
I have a Logitech Dual Action. It cost me like ... 10€, which is about 15$ ?

More like $13.70 right now, but ... you're using a gamepad made exclusively for PCs? I thought that PSU would only recognize PS2 or 360 game controllers (and I was talking about the PS2 game controller + USB adapter when I mentioned the $20).

It's just that I forsee PSU and AoI being the only games I'd ever use a controller for on the PC, so I'm hesitant to just go out and buy one for the sake of what I want to do ... $14 is better than $20 but that's still kind of "eh."

I've been trying to look up keyboard/mouse-to-joystick control programs and found one called PPJoy (Parallel Port Joystick), but I don't think it's working with PSU. I'm not sure if I've set it up right or not.

Freshellent
Sep 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
You know,if you happen to have a Dual Shock2 laying around you can buy a USB converter from
Radio Shack that's plug and play for $12.

F-Gattaca
Sep 9, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-09-09 13:12, Icespike wrote:
You know,if you happen to have a Dual Shock2 laying around you can buy a USB converter from

The only controllers in my house are Gamecube ones. Could those work with PSU (provided I get a USB converter)?

Freshellent
Sep 9, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-09-09 13:13, F-Gattaca wrote:

On 2007-09-09 13:12, Icespike wrote:

The only controllers in my house are Gamecube ones. Could those work with PSU (provided I get a USB converter)?

I had to do something similar for fighting games.

Honestly I don't see a problem with it. Pretty sure I have a GC to PC converter around here. (Not that it helps you in anyway.) There should be no reason why you can't.

The only trouble you might have is figuring out what the button map might be. Also,your control sticks might be kinda funky. That should be the worst of it.

RedX
Sep 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
Any USB controller works i think. I didn't have any trouble with my logitech anyway.

CelestialBlade
Sep 9, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm having no trouble with my Saitek USB controller. It's a PS2 clone, essentially, but I didn't have to do anything special to make it work.

Tykwa
Sep 9, 2007, 06:10 PM
Buy a 360 it comes with a controller, oh and PSU of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

( anyways your sure to find some guide on the internets that might let you self-make your GC controllers work with computer and USB, of course you would probably have to get some sort of controller suport driver to work with games or even connect to your conputer )