PDA

View Full Version : Oh Megastar where aren't thou ?

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hey does anyone have any clue when Megastar will come out for the US xbox 360 ?

I think its by far the coolest buff ever and only 25 PA frags come on

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 01:25 PM
When the other PA frags come.

And yea, it'll save some space but it only affects the user if I recall correctly.

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah it does but it gives you all 4 other buffs at the expense of damage to your self which you can resta away pretty easily at least thats what it was offline

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 02:05 PM
If I recall correctly, Megistar does tick damage while the buff is active. I can't remember how much HP it takes away per tick, but otherwise, for the person who can stand losing HP for all four buffs at the same time, I say go for it.

You won't catch me using it, though. >_>

Indica
Sep 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
I want to get this also for my Male techer, also I heard several people say this is a single person buff so your battle buddies are SOL from getting buffed from this

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah Megastar is a single person buff that buffs you with all 4 buffs and ticks away some at the start but offline the damage went away. So for us non foretecher techer classes it saves us alot of space, its supose to be like megastride I think. So maybe not for foretechers but wartecher, guntecher, and arcotecher it will be a God send

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rett on 2007-09-09 12:35 ]</font>

Indica
Sep 9, 2007, 02:37 PM
I plan on going Aerotecher for my male and want that character to have different things then my main Foretecher

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:14, Indica wrote:
I want to get this also for my Male techer, also I heard several people say this is a single person buff so your battle buddies are SOL from getting buffed from this

That it's a single-person buff is beneficial to me, cause I don't want to have Megistar cast on me when I want buffs. I hate losing HP, because I waste resources.

EspioKaos
Sep 9, 2007, 02:40 PM
Megistar is one of the TECHNICs I was ready to skip out on... until the whole convert-learned-PAs-back-into-disks thing was confirmed for Ambition of the Illuminus. My plan has always been to get all 36 TECHNICs, but this will be one that I might use a few times, then convert it back into a disk and keep it stored away for... safe keeping or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Anyway, once Megistar comes out, we'll also be getting Regrant. Now that one is a keeper!

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-09-09 12:40, EspioKaos wrote:
Megistar is one of the TECHNICs I was ready to skip out on... until the whole convert-learned-PAs-back-into-disks thing was confirmed for Ambition of the Illuminus. My plan has always been to get all 36 TECHNICs, but this will be one that I might use a few times, then convert it back into a disk and keep it stored away for... safe keeping or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Anyway, once Megistar comes out, we'll also be getting Regrant. Now that one is a keeper!

Regrant. That'd be a nice one for GTs. Use to scatter meele-ranged enemies, and then in conjunction with the Ult crossbow PA (does "Revenge damage" as I call it, basically), and then Mayalee Hit or Kyumeisei-shiki to get those HPs back. :3 Great for soloing without the need to use Resta or mates!

Tita
Sep 9, 2007, 04:48 PM
megastar has wartecher written all over it.

i wonder what percentage of damage it takes... i'm sure it increases by level. depending on that, WT's hefty HP might be able to ride it out without having to pull out the heal wand.

HaydenX
Sep 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-09-09 14:48, Tita wrote:
megastar has wartecher written all over it.

i wonder what percentage of damage it takes... i'm sure it increases by level. depending on that, WT's hefty HP might be able to ride it out without having to pull out the heal wand.

In offline mode, the damage seems to tick at a rate between infection and poison. Oh, and as much as WT is going to use megistar, I will bet that AT will use it that much more. AT is good with guns too, so more benefit will come of it.

RedCoKid
Sep 10, 2007, 07:57 AM
I use a megistaride whenever I'm the only one in my party to get KO'd (e.g., boss fights). Having the tech would be a lot more convenient because the prices of hustle berries in player shops make it impossible to do anything but collect the mats yourself.

Rashiid
Sep 10, 2007, 08:38 AM
meh; ill be using normal buffs; if i get buffed; we all do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

danny_o
Sep 10, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-09-09 12:59, KaffeKane wrote:

Regrant. That'd be a nice one for GTs. Use to scatter meele-ranged enemies, and then in conjunction with the Ult crossbow PA (does "Revenge damage" as I call it, basically), and then Mayalee Hit or Kyumeisei-shiki to get those HPs back. :3 Great for soloing without the need to use Resta or mates!

That's an excellent tactic... Man, I wish that new PA storage system was here now because I have too many TECHNICs and I wanna go GT with my main...