PDA

View Full Version : PS2/PC,will they get the famitsu cup?

Kira_Yamato
Sep 9, 2007, 10:40 PM
o.o?

Dhylec
Sep 9, 2007, 10:44 PM
As fo now, all signs point to no.
You could have searched the forum for many of this same topic too.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 9, 2007, 11:09 PM
Although i don't see why we wont get it. I mean theres WAY too much stuff in the event to not put it out.

BlackHat
Sep 9, 2007, 11:42 PM
If we dont get it, im going to be very, very pissed at ST.

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 11:53 PM
I'm just gonna copy and paste the same post I made on the official forums on this matter.

I still see no point in leaving perfectly good data sitting around for no reason. We may see a cup event sometime in the future, not necessarily soon. It took SEGA months to just sort out the whole hacking problem due to the fact that they needed alot of help from SoJ. It's difficult to operate like that because of the time and language barriers between the two.

Eggshen has mentioned that the GM team work constantly to organise updates and events. He has admitted that some take much longer than expected, but the players are most definitely not being ignored.

Alarac
Sep 10, 2007, 12:08 AM
Mod Edit: Yeah, no. Banned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-09-09 22:25 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Sep 10, 2007, 12:12 AM
No.

BlackHat
Sep 10, 2007, 12:14 AM
Seen it.

New picture.

HFlowen
Sep 10, 2007, 12:26 AM
On 2007-09-09 22:08, Alarac wrote:

I lol'd.

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 10, 2007, 12:31 AM
You guys are STILL making threads about this?

*sighs* I have no more words left on how I should answer this question.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleep.gif

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 12:33 AM
We won't get it because we didn't purify all planets during FireBreak.

True rumor.

Phantomface
Sep 10, 2007, 12:47 AM
how bout we wont get it because famitsu magazine is JAPANESE?

Kion
Sep 10, 2007, 12:52 AM
maybe it got delayed from the hacking reimbursement and the festa delay? i'm holding out hope that we'll get it with this next update.

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 01:01 AM
It's not going to happen this next update, man. You seem to forget SEGA likes to announce to heck and back any major event, like the TAs in PSOBB and FB on PSU. So they won't sneak it in; if we get it, expect to see it announced at least a month before it starts, most likely two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BanF on 2007-09-09 23:02 ]</font>

Kion
Sep 10, 2007, 01:06 AM
true. i'm an optomist. until they lietally say "no famitsu," i'll keep hoping. if we don't get it soon, i'll stop holding out. but i'll still expect atleast a one year "thank you for p(l)aying event.

Zer0_ConvoY
Sep 10, 2007, 01:24 AM
at this point I think Famitsu and the Festa are gonna get slapped together for us, so I'm hoping we'll see an event during the halloween lobbies

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 10, 2007, 06:29 AM
No Famitsu

in b4 Sonic Team

There, happy?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SStrikerR
Sep 10, 2007, 06:40 AM
i dont think we will get it, but the stuff we get from it could maybe be obtained from another event.

F-Gattaca
Sep 10, 2007, 06:44 AM

Sounds like A2K deleted his system32.

Now, back on topic:

I'd like to point out that just because Famitsu is a Japanese company does not necessarily rule out the Famitsu Cup, because Sega has substituted other Western sponsors for Famitsu events in the past.

It's still up in the air, though.

Hey guys, can I motion for a sticky to be made about the Famitsu Cup?

Turbobrain
Sep 10, 2007, 06:51 AM
I reckon out Famitsu will be the Festa.

When the compensation items were being given out I asked A GM about events and something intersting was said... actually now they've handed out the items I may post the snapshot as he said it in public(I don't noramlly share my discussions but this WAS said in public so I don't guess they'd mind). Basically we will be getting a BIG event this month. I am not sure whether I should post up the snapshot????

As I said I reckon we will get Festa and all in that we may get some of the cloths, the increased %'s and so on. Maybe not all the Fami stuff but it's better than nothing. I guess.

Arika
Sep 10, 2007, 06:57 AM
On 2007-09-09 22:33, BanF wrote:
We won't get it because we didn't purify all planets during FireBreak.

True rumor.

that is what I said xD

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-09-10 04:51, Turbobrain wrote:
I reckon out Famitsu will be the Festa.

When the compensation items were being given out I asked A GM about events and something intersting was said... actually now they've handed out the items I may post the snapshot as he said it in public(I don't noramlly share my discussions but this WAS said in public so I don't guess they'd mind). Basically we will be getting a BIG event this month. I am not sure whether I should post up the snapshot????

As I said I reckon we will get Festa and all in that we may get some of the cloths, the increased %'s and so on. Maybe not all the Fami stuff but it's better than nothing. I guess.

Possibilities:

1. The Thanks Festa for PSU's anniversary (50% likelihood even if the West didn't get PSU in September; if SEGA would downplay an event, it would be this one).

2. The fabled CASTBreak some people over at the official forums say a GM told them it was coming. (0.01% likelihood because there's never a 0% likelihood of anything).

3. FamitsuBreak, Muse of the Ten Thousand Pointless Threads Like This One, Instigator of Countless Empty Threats to Quit the Game, Holy Grail of Those who Simply Don't Get that Rare Items are Supposed to Be Rare, and The Spark of Multiple Arguments, Crazy Theories, and At Least One Banning From These Forums. (5% likelihood because SEGA doesn't spring events out of a hat like the Sneak King springs burgers).

Turbobrain
Sep 10, 2007, 11:07 AM
CASTbreak...WTF? /i have not heard that one. What is that about?

halcyonstar
Sep 10, 2007, 12:40 PM
can you post it plz to make everyone stfu about famitsu icebreak omg event gib nao?

p.s. sarcasm kinda i do really want an event

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: halcyonstar on 2007-09-10 10:44 ]</font>

BahnKnakyu
Sep 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
I still see no point in leaving perfectly good data sitting around for no reason. We may see a cup event sometime in the future, not necessarily soon. It took SEGA months to just sort out the whole hacking problem due to the fact that they needed alot of help from SoJ. It's difficult to operate like that because of the time and language barriers between the two.

PSOBB, my friend. There's tons of "perfectly good data" that's been sitting around unused. The only way non JP players have been able to get access to the content that we've been deprived of is to play SchtBB.

On the flipside, PSU IS a new game, so perhaps ST won't be negligent on unlocking stuff. It won't be called Famitsu Cup, but there IS data there that indicates that we can get an EGM Magazine, which is the US equivalent of the JP Famitsu Magazine ingame.

Anduril
Sep 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
It seems that maybe EGM just doesn't want to back the event like they were intending to. My guess is that they don't want to due to our combined relatively low population when compared toe the JPN population.(This is pure opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.) I just hope they release the bikinis and rappy suits some day before AoI...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-09-10 11:03 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 10, 2007, 01:06 PM
Japanese players did not receive the Famitsu Cup event until after they received the death penalty update, but before the final LV100 cap (the higher end missions being more balanced with a LV90 one in mind). I suspect that it's no coincidence that the NA/EU version of the cup has not been announced when the Xbox 360 patch is still pending, nor is it one that we didn't receive LV100 when we should have along with Duel in the Ruins and HIVE S2.

It's going to be about the millionth time I've said it, but:
We didn't fail Firebreak. Getting to the ultimate 80 million point goal and virtually all of the major rewards except a few minor clothing and parts discounts can't be reasonably construed as thus.
The fact that Famitsu is a Japanese magazine is irrelevant: Net Cash is a Japanese company as well, yet we still received Operation: Firebreak, sans any real outside sponsor entirely.

Golto
Sep 10, 2007, 01:12 PM
The window of opportunity for us to get this event has come and gone. I'd like to be wrong. I don't trust what someone heard from some gms though. The last big surprise they said we would get turned out ot be Sidekick Saturdays. Real big event lol.

Sasamichan
Sep 10, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-09-10 11:06, A2K wrote:
We didn't fail Firebreak. Getting to the ultimate 80 million point goal and virtually all of the major rewards except a few minor clothing and parts discounts can't be reasonably construed as thus.

IMO, we failed Firebreak. That may be true, but if you were roleplaying, we failed purifying Gurahl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-09-10 11:19 ]</font>

Fatima
Sep 10, 2007, 01:58 PM
QUESTION!

What is Festa? I know I've heard its supposed to be the first anniversary of PSU right? Japan had their's already? I am so unclear with this stuff.

Para
Sep 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
The more I think about it...

Its possible we'll get shafted on Famitsu but get the Festa.

stukasa
Sep 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-09-10 12:05, Para wrote:
The more I think about it...

Its possible we'll get shafted on Famitsu but get the Festa.

Yeah, given the fact that they announced Firebreak a month in advance, things aren't looking too good for the Fami Cup. :/ They'd better at least give us the content, though. Maybe during the Festa, somehow... Assuming we get the Festa...

ashley50
Sep 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
When will Topics about famitsu cup end?!
Give it a rest already! Geez...

also...Famitsu topics cost us a Comrade that has perished.
He will be remembered...a Hero

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-09-10 12:21 ]</font>

HFlowen
Sep 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-09-10 12:15, ashley50 wrote:
When will Topics about famitsu cup end?!
Give it a rest already! Geez...
When Sega Team gives a definite answer.

AxelgearVII
Sep 10, 2007, 02:25 PM
If you're not going to get Famitsu, do you really think SoA is going to tell you that outright?

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
"Alright guys..I've got some good news and some bad news! Bad news first! You will NOT be getting Cup Famitsu. Good news is...I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif"

My guess is..we apparently won't be getting the Famitsu Cup, but..we may get the 1 Year Thanks event, because:

A. It's sponsored by SEGA themselves and..

B. To not give out an event for a year anniversary to the States or Europe would be silly.

It would be like saying, "It's only important that we've had it for a year". I know how ST likes to screw us over on things, but..that's pushing it.

Now do I expect us to get this event this month? Nope. Not at all. You want to know why? It's simple really...

Japanese release date for Phantasy Star Universe: 8/31/06
American release date for Phantasy Star Universe: 10/24/06

And people WONDER why we haven't got it yet >.>

Anyway, I say we'll probably get it in October some time. As far as Famitsu is concerned though..yeah...you can go ahead and kiss that goodbye http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

csmicbcklsh
Sep 10, 2007, 03:00 PM
I have an idea that I've brought up with some of my friends, so I want to know what you all think of it. What if Sega is thinking ahead? I mean, one of the biggest games of the year, if not the biggest, is coming out in less than three weeks. Why not hold onto the event and see if they can attract people back to their side? Now I could be totally wrong, but it is a new idea.

Disclaimer: This has been an opinion. Please don't send anti-Halo 3/fanboy messages in response.

Lykos
Sep 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
ZOMG liek H3 is teh suxorz nobody carez about it.

Turbobrain
Sep 10, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-09-10 12:38, Kikumaru wrote:
"Alright guys..I've got some good news and some bad news! Bad news first! You will NOT be getting Cup Famitsu. Good news is...I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif"

My guess is..we apparently won't be getting the Famitsu Cup, but..we may get the 1 Year Thanks event, because:

B. To not give out an event for a year anniversary to the States or Europe would be silly.

It would be like saying, "It's only important that we've had it for a year". I know how ST likes to screw us over on things, but..that's pushing it.

Now do I expect us to get this event this month? Nope. Not at all. You want to know why? It's simple really...

Anyway, I say we'll probably get it in October some time. As far as Famitsu is concerned though..yeah...you can go ahead and kiss that goodbye http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Well... I reckon we'll see an announcement in September. Which is great as it will be something to look forward to. Maybe they'l give us the Lvl cap increase before which would be great for any event.

I refer to what I was told by the GM.

Actually, I will have to have a look for that screenshot later... I do have it. Maybe time to post it if noone has any objections.

Niloklives
Sep 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
has it offured to anyone that 360 servers are JP/US? I's think they'd give us "famitsu" at some point if for no other rason than to satiate their japanese player base in its entirety. I mean for JP that would mean that Famitsu was a platform exclusive...i doubt they're so thick headed as to do something like that.

Golto
Sep 10, 2007, 05:02 PM
You mean they would bring over famitsu cup for the 50 JPN 360 players?

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 05:25 PM
200+, actually, which is still a drop in the bucket for the 360 population, a mere 5% or less.

Silve
Sep 10, 2007, 07:46 PM
It'd be nice if eventually all these event missions were available year round. :<

Fatima
Sep 10, 2007, 07:50 PM
hm...no one wants to answer my question....

Jet1337
Sep 10, 2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone know of any other online RPG's where one server gets shafted while the other/s get all the good shit?

SStrikerR
Sep 10, 2007, 07:52 PM
On 2007-09-09 22:26, HFlowen wrote:

I lol'd.

i lol'ed harder.
and 2 alarac if he wuz here, pwnt!

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-09-10 17:50, Jet1337 wrote:
Anyone know of any other online RPG's where one server gets shafted while the other/s get all the good shit?

Any korean ones who have, like PSU, servers back home and more servers elsewhere. It's not uncommon, much less unique, like you want to imply.

Plus, I don't see how not getting an event is "getting shafted". We get stable game with all the updates and eventually all the items; that is the only thing your subscription entitles you to. Anything else is at SEGA's discretion and pleasure; if you don't like it, vote with your wallet and find a game that satisfies all your needs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BanF on 2007-09-10 17:58 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
I agree with F-Gattica. We need a Famitsu sticky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-09-10 18:02 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
On 2007-09-10 17:50, Jet1337 wrote:

BlueBurst. >_>

AxelgearVII
Sep 10, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-09-10 12:38, Kikumaru wrote:

Blue Burst's Japanese version had an anniversary event that the US version didnt get. So........

McLaughlin
Sep 10, 2007, 09:14 PM
PSOBB missed out on a lot more than just an Anniversary event. >_>

Aries2384
Sep 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
Regardless, if we dont get the event.. I want the items.
And whoever said earlier that we arent gonna get famitsu (or something like it) because we "failed" firebreak, is an idiot. Look on the official site dolt. Sega themselves called it a success. "Operation: Firebreak a Success!" "After a month of purification, Gurhal is once again safe from the Seed- for now."
Doh. We didnt fail. We will get Famitsu or something like it.

Complex_Jao
Sep 10, 2007, 10:36 PM
the question is if any of us get the cup

BanF
Sep 10, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-09-10 20:16, Aries2384 wrote:
Regardless, if we dont get the event.. I want the items.
And whoever said earlier that we arent gonna get famitsu (or something like it) because we "failed" firebreak, is an idiot. Look on the official site dolt. Sega themselves called it a success. "Operation: Firebreak a Success!" "After a month of purification, Gurhal is once again safe from the Seed- for now."
Doh. We didnt fail. We will get Famitsu or something like it.

Someone give this guy a sarcasm-meter, because on his own he can't find it.

And yes, if we don't get the items through an event they will become available by other means.

Aries2384
Sep 10, 2007, 11:17 PM

And yes, if we don't get the items through an event they will become available by other means.

[/quote]
Someone give this guy a humanity check because Oh yes, there are people who are that stupid in the world.

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 10, 2007, 11:19 PM
Blue Burst's Japanese version had an anniversary event that the US version didnt get. So........

Yeah, well..I don't really think PSOBB did very well in the States ANYWAY. As far as I'm concerned..it might as well not even exist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Finae
Sep 10, 2007, 11:43 PM
Q: PS2/PC,will they get the famitsu cup?
A: When chinese farmers invade PS2/PC servers (look at it this way, they'll find psycho wand before you lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

BanF
Sep 11, 2007, 12:29 AM
On 2007-09-10 21:17, Aries2384 wrote:

Someone give this guy a humanity check because Oh yes, there are people who are that stupid in the world.

[/quote]
And you and I are obviously two of them, but at least I get sarcasm!

Aries2384
Sep 11, 2007, 12:36 AM
Eh got me there.
Bottom line is. I think no one knows about Fami cup. So until Sega comes out and says we aren't getting any sort of event. I'll be sitting here waiting for my sweet event.
Btw, I never get sarcasm. Too many people who are too serious at all times have destroyed my ability to recieve/understand/ and/or appreciate sarcasm in all of it's forms. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Sep 11, 2007, 01:33 AM
its still the same thing as if the ps2/pc got famitsu here wwhile 360 didn't. number of users be damned, why would they intentionally do something that would cut the player base?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 11, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-09-10 21:19, Kikumaru wrote:

Yeah, well..I don't really think PSOBB did very well in the States ANYWAY. As far as I'm concerned..it might as well not even exist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As far as SEGA is concerned, PSU hasn't done very well either.

And yes, US BB got less than half the events JP BB had.

HFlowen
Sep 11, 2007, 01:49 AM
Well enough to put the expansion into production.

and you can't base how well it's done by online users. More than half the people that bought PSO never even went online. What are the total unit sales for PSU?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 11, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-09-10 23:49, HFlowen wrote:

and you can't base how well it's done by online users. More than half the people that bought PSO never even went online. What are the total unit sales for PSU?

I agree,I never played PSO online until I got it for Xbox live,I got PSU MAINLY for the online(couldn't get online for about a week or 2 without a computer),actually I was pretty surprised when I unlocked Extra Mode,a little disappointed when I learned that it WAY too easy but I liked it. Until I played online of course.

Fatima
Sep 11, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-09-11 00:37, BomberStrife wrote:

On 2007-09-10 23:49, HFlowen wrote:

I agree,I never played PSO online until I got it for Xbox live,I got PSU MAINLY for the online(couldn't get online for about a week or 2 without a computer),actually I was pretty surprised when I unlocked Extra Mode,a little disappointed when I learned that it WAY too easy but I liked it. Until I played online of course.

I doubley agree. I got PSO as a gift from my brother and he went on to buy himself another copy as well as 2 and 3. But I could never go online as I was too young to have a job. XD
I think however the number of online players had increased for the initial release of PSU. But they were WAY quicker when it came to canceling their accounts due to "boredom" or just not seeing the point of paying every month when nothing was happening.
Most of those people are holding out for the expansion. They may wait till a couple months before AoI to release any famitsu-ish event to guaruntee those people come back and stick around long enough to buy AoI. *shrug* Just a guess.

danny_o
Sep 13, 2007, 10:10 AM
We should have purified Moatoob...I was there the whole time...

Maverynthia
Sep 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
All I care about is my bikini briefs.... hawt male casts in bikini briefs. I don't even care if they call it Sonic's Happy Fun Cupcake Event...

Silve
Sep 13, 2007, 06:33 PM
Maybe they'll just tack the famitsu events onto the thanks festa? :Y

Nobo
Sep 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-09-13 14:44, Maverynthia wrote:
All I care about is my bikini briefs.... hawt male casts in bikini briefs. I don't even care if they call it Sonic's Happy Fun Cupcake Event...

lol
And keep in mind we didn't get firebreak till along while after the japanese had it too so there still is some hope.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 14, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-09-13 14:44, Maverynthia wrote:

Seriously! Give me that Bikini!!
I wanna see Bombie in a thongy!!
XD Holy crap that was random.
Anyway,yeah. there's still hope. But I doubt we'll get a Famitsu,US/EU players on EP3 only got to WATCH it.

WOOD7770
Sep 14, 2007, 03:22 AM
There has alraedy been a significant wave of people quit over this, what would happen if they officialy said "no cup"? Better to string us along and keep us hoping.

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 14, 2007, 03:32 AM
*sniffs* I thoooought I smelled something burning. Oh, that's right..it's ANOTHER Famitsu thread.

Christ people..let it DIE already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

The Dead-Horse Society is THAT way, guys.

<------------

*grumbles, then goes to carve another X into the wall for the 52nd Famitsu thread* Jesus...

Esufer
Sep 14, 2007, 03:54 AM
We're not getting Famitsu because Magashi killed the editor of Famitsu, and they're bitter.

Story mode, chapter 11, i shit you not.

Kylie
Sep 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
I don't think so. An event takes about a month, and if we end up getting the Thanks Festa (which I'm certain we would if we got Famitsu), then that would be in October. Based on that, the dates would be too close, making Famitsu unlikely.