PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck?

McLaughlin
Sep 9, 2007, 10:47 PM
Who thinks up this shit? (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1019_051019_dogs_sharks.html)

As a dog owner this breaks my heart. Trying to post this, I'm struggling to find words to express the disgust I feel towards anyone who does this to any animal.

How about we jam some hooks through that asshole's hands and drag him behind a goddamn boat and find out how much he likes it.

I just...

Goddammit.

ABDUR101
Sep 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
While I agree entirely that it's a fucked up thing to do; it says right in the article that there are so many strays and an overpopulation of unwanted pets that the people there merely see them as vermin. It's much like pigeons around here; if you're new to an area that has swarms of pigeons and you feed them and oooo awwww, how nice to see them all. But if you're there long enough, they shit all over the place, spread diseases, etc they're also seen as vermin.

Obviously the authorities should crack down on people abusing pets there, but if they want people to stop seeing dogs and cats as vermin; spaying/neutering strays and putting regulations on house-pets is the only way to go. But trust me, if it were legal, I'd be all for sentencing someone who does this to being hooked, lined, and sunk for chow.(or even grinded up as food for local animal shelters)

opaopajr
Sep 10, 2007, 04:04 AM
those poor sharks, having to eat such bony animals. most large sharks prefer nice, fat and juicy sea creatures. maybe they are hunting tiger sharks or sand sharks, they can get kinda funky and attempt to eat anything. but all those sharp bones and lack of meat is bad for digestion. and to think, all to catch them, poor creatures. so sad.

oh, and it's sad about the cats and dogs, too. but they should be spaying and neutering more. 150,000 strays on an island is horribly bad. think of all the native wildlife being stressed and driven to extinction. they really need population control solutions.

Fleur-de-Lis
Sep 10, 2007, 06:13 PM
Clearly, there isn't enough room for both the canine and human inhabitants. I propose a new, soylent-green based diet for the canines and felines of Réunion, as a two-pronged solution on this dreadful issue.

But seriously though, if I believed in Hell, I'd say there's plenty of Francophones headed there in the near future. Disgusting.

omegapirate2k
Sep 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
He should have done the right thing and just eaten the dog.

DikkyRay
Sep 10, 2007, 06:53 PM
Motherfucker. This is byond horrible.
I hope he gets eaten by a shark. I could come up with a more clever thing than that....but i just can't think after reading something like that

Sekani
Sep 10, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'm not saying that this isn't a horrible thing that happened here, but part of me can't help but feel totally fucking disgusted when I see how people feel so compassionate over the plight of a cat or a dog. Had it been a tragedy befalling whales, elephants, or a human child, it's amazing how many people would suddenly be a lot less ticked off.

Sinue_v2
Sep 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-09-10 16:33, omegapirate2k wrote:

Kinda like what they do to stray cats in Australia?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6974687.stm

McLaughlin
Sep 11, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-09-10 21:08, Sekani wrote:
I'm not saying that this isn't a horrible thing that happened here, but part of me can't help but feel totally fucking disgusted when I see how people feel so compassionate over the plight of a cat or a dog. Had it been a tragedy befalling whales, elephants, or a human child, it's amazing how many people would suddenly be a lot less ticked off.

I'd feel just as bad in any of those cases. I don't play favorites.

omegapirate2k
Sep 11, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-09-10 22:09, Sinue_v2 wrote:

On 2007-09-10 16:33, omegapirate2k wrote:

Kinda like what they do to stray cats in Australia?

The fuck? Were talking about dogs here, nobody cares about cats, except maybe for Tylor.

DikkyRay
Sep 11, 2007, 03:45 PM
I was thinking of something clever to do to make fun of the bastards.
It never came. Probably used the clever idea as sharkbait

Otis_Kat
Sep 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
I don't understand the problem. In North America and Europe dog is seen as a pet and "man's best friend". There and in many other parts of the world a dog is just vermin like a rat or pigeon, and in some places a nice meal. You're upset over a simple cultural difference.

But I am disgusted too, only for the fact that in many cases the dog is still alive when they hook it up and drag it around the sea. Put the damn thing out of it's misery first.

[/flame shield?] http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

McLaughlin
Sep 11, 2007, 09:15 PM
I know that Dogs and Cats are seen in a different light over there, but that's by no means an excuse to drag a helpless animal around by hooks through its feet while the poor thing is still alive.

It's fucked up.

Mayu
Sep 11, 2007, 09:21 PM
<.< Poor Dog :_;

SStrikerR
Sep 12, 2007, 08:32 PM
holy shit WTF?

Mystil
Sep 12, 2007, 11:54 PM
That picture pissed me off. Glad that poor dog got away...