PDA

View Full Version : OMG, 360 Rant.

Darkly
Sep 10, 2007, 08:54 AM
This seriously takes the piss.

ok recently sent my xbox off for repairs because, i had a faulty dvd drive.

i got it back a couple weeks ago and it worked fine, but today it suddenyl crashed and now i've got 3 DAMN RED STUPID LIGHTS!!

i so badly want to throw it out of the window, but then there would be nothing to repair.

Never played a console this faulty, ever. so now i will have to ring them up talk to some guy that doesn't speak english, explain to him my xbox doesn't love me, send it off and wait for it AGAIN for about 3 weeks.

So in this time i will miss out on psu, and playing with friends on shadowrun and gears. I mean come one, is it some sort of vampire console, where i have to fead it other consoles like my gc to keep it alive?!

I just really needed to vent that out.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
On 2007-09-10 06:54, Darkly wrote:

Never played a console this faulty, ever.

I'm guessing you never had a PS2 on the first two years of release. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Or a PS3 in general. I know someone who had a PS3 fry on him when he put in a Blu-Ray movie in. A Sony movie, to boot. Can we say irony?

Darkly
Sep 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
Ahh well it makes me feel slightly better that the ps3 is faulty too, share the pain lol.

Jaspaller
Sep 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
Tried cleaning off the HDD port? Someone posted a while back saying that they got the 3 red lights and cleaned off the port for the HDD. Worked like a charm.

Darkly
Sep 10, 2007, 12:17 PM
i'm thinking this fault is coming from the dvd drive, it makes a strange grinding noise when i turn it on, followed by the 3 red lights.

Vicious1080
Sep 11, 2007, 06:17 AM
They send you refurbished units. That is why so many people get faulty units repeatedly.

PJ
Sep 11, 2007, 06:48 AM
On 2007-09-10 09:01, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Or a PS3 in general. I know someone who had a PS3 fry on him when he put in a Blu-Ray movie in. A Sony movie, to boot. Can we say irony?

He must have been unlucky. So far, it seems like the PS3 is the most dependable hardware this generation (Only because I've heard of Wii games not going already, but it sounds like it's because they're dumb and scratch discs, so maybe they're still tied).

That's from not only hearing very few things about PS3's going wrong, and personal experience.

Kent
Sep 11, 2007, 06:55 AM
It's not as reliable as you may think. I've personally seen more cases of defective PS3s out of the boxes, than I've seen people who've actually had something go wrong with their 360, other than user stupidity (i.e. running it in a closed entertainment center, and such).

...I've also seen Wiimotes put holes in walls and still work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

omegapirate2k
Sep 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-09-11 04:55, Kent wrote:
...I've also seen Wiimotes put holes in walls and still work. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's never the wiimote you have to worry about, it's the wall.

Sekani
Sep 11, 2007, 11:17 PM
You don't hear about faulty PS3s much because no one owns one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, the 360 is definitely the most unreliable console of this generation. Whether or not it's worse than the pre-slimline PS2 though, that's debatable.

Sinue_v2
Sep 12, 2007, 07:26 AM
Even if the 360 is more unreliable than the first to second gen PS2's, at least Microsoft has extended the warantee owned up to the responsibility of fixing the problem. Yeah, you're out of luck for around three weeks. At least everything is paid for and returned to you fairly promptly. In the PS2's case, all you got was a raw hard fucking from Sony. "Oh no, OUR consoles unreliable? No No... it must be YOUR fault, so we're gonna have to charge you for repair"

OldCoot
Sep 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
Like thousands of others and twice now myself, "Achievement unlocked, three rings of death. "

I think some hardware went out to the market way too soon without enough time to get this kind of stuff fixed before customers had to deal with it. Sadly, that is the way business is like these days. Get it out first, let customer service handle the problems later.

I wonder if the days are now gone to take the time to make a good product that can hold up and then put it on the market?