PDA

View Full Version : Buffs less than 21? boot :(

RufuSwho
Sep 10, 2007, 01:05 PM
My techer has not graced a buff party.

As such his buffs are ~17-19 (almost, but) not quite 21+ buffs

Nowadays if i walk into a S2 party and start throwing out lvl 17 buffs the party says "meh, your buffs suck" and *presto* i'm back to the lobby

I'm not goingto a buff party (nor am i going to lvl up my bullets overnight on king vahras with a turbo controller) it's not going to happen. if my techer gets 21+ buffs, it will be because he buffed that many people over alot of time

please let me cast my noob buffs on you?

Darkly
Sep 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
people are way too elitist these days.

personally i'd be grateful to even have someone buffing in my party but there ya go.

Jaspaller
Sep 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
Why NOT join a buff party? Just find a good group of friends and have them join you, time really flies when you're chatting it up. Especially at the level of your buffs right now you should be able to hit level 21 pretty quickly. Personally I wouldn't really care (buffs are buffs), but it's a real help to the party at 21. I got my buffs to 21 when my Techer was only 20ish. Spent maybe 30 minutes a day rotating spells and presto i hit 21.

KodiaX987
Sep 10, 2007, 05:41 PM
Roll a warrior class and forget about your problems.

Online games play this way: fighters are always the best because they protect your ass, and buffers are on all fours with a leash around their neck. So unless you are feeling masochistic and want to do nothing short of whoring yourself out, don't bother going for a buff class.

WOOD7770
Sep 10, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-09-10 15:41, KodiaX987 wrote:
Roll a warrior class and forget about your problems.

Online games play this way: fighters are always the best because they protect your ass, and buffers are on all fours with a leash around their neck. So unless you are feeling masochistic and want to do nothing short of whoring yourself out, don't bother going for a buff class.

If you dcecide to do this, go to Mad Creatures. There is always a buff party going at the block 3 crystal, sometimes 3 or 4 parties with the "buff party" title. If you have or have a friend willing to let you borrow a Quick unit, this is a must for doing it quiclky. Bring a 2-3* Yomei wand and save yourself thousands of meseta. To this day, I use a Ulrod(10) for buffs and it costs me 67 meseta to recharge. THERE IS NO DIFFERECE ON BUFFS/DEBUFFS BETWEEN A 1* AND 12* ROD.... None excpt the cost of recharge. For leveling purposes, the wand is also much faster to cast and time spent is everything. The difference between 3 and 6 in the party is shocking, so be prepared. If you choose to do it legit then more power to you! I already went through the anguish that you are having and am glad I spent the time the "fast way" Very important for flow of the mission to keep them even. 2 at 21 and 2 at 19 is way to time consuming to keep up with. Also, set up a macro for party use that says something like "gather close for buffs" to let party members know you are going to spend your money to help the party finish faster and safer. I tend to use shifta last because some people think that is all they need. These are always the people that 20 seconds later are scraming "heal me" or "why do i hit so many 0'S?" or my favorite "aghhhhh, that Barta hit me for 900, HELP!"

RufuSwho
Sep 11, 2007, 09:56 AM
hmm, with advice like that i'm going to have to take it

Powder Keg
Sep 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
Haha wow, it takes a King of the Nerds to boot for something like that.

I've never done a Buff party either, as my buffs are mid-level. People crack me up.

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
PSU needs a variant of a whitemage class, so that things like this don't happen. As it stands, fT is the only class that can buff and heal well, leaving all other classes to depend on them. But people only want to play fF because it's the magic class.
I think either hunters and rangers need a viable variant of resta / buffs / debuffs, or there should be a class dedicated to this and only this and fT loses these privileges (AT almost did this).

RufuSwho
Sep 12, 2007, 12:00 PM
My fortegunner pops Agratide and Ziotide (sp?) constantly, also trimates and star atomizers, sol atomizers, ect. when people are frozen and such

there is an option for buffs and healing, its just less effective and more expensive!

Note: in a crowd of volfu even my fortetecher will use a trimate if he gets floored; you can be killed while standing up otherwise

I would like to see guntechers and wartechers get buffs that are equally effective! that would help eh? (its not going to happen)

ill have to try a buff party, thanks for the tips

EJ
Sep 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
there are WT that do buff as well or better than most FT but they are very rare since I'm a WT/FT it's my natural to buff and debuff which sometimes cause people shock because they rarely see a WT do buffs/debuffs and heals ;3

omegapirate2k
Sep 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-09-12 08:56, Zorafim wrote:
PSU needs a variant of a whitemage class, so that things like this don't happen. As it stands, fT is the only class that can buff and heal well, leaving all other classes to depend on them.

And that bitch shall be the acrotecher!