PDA

View Full Version : The damage absorbing TECHNICS Dizas and Rentis will no longe

Indica
Sep 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php

The damage absorbing TECHNICS Dizas and Rentis will no longer affect multiple targets, for now Maya Shidow and other NPC forces can only cast them on themselves.

I wonder how this will effect other players when the PA's get released. Did Japan get any new PA's that we dont have yet??

pionear
Sep 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
YEah, this was dicuss in the Update tread...I think it sucks...But I guess ST did it to prevent spamming...

But they did say 'FOR NOW', so maybe they will change it back<<<<<<?

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 11, 2007, 07:26 PM
As pionear said, It's also discussed in this thread: Linked (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=153862&forum=20&start=99&151)

Mainly, this will render Maya extremely useless as mentioned by Hikaru during a discussion.

The wording "for now" may give us the multiple targeting of the technic when it gets released for player use.

Scion
Sep 11, 2007, 07:28 PM
All I have to say is...

Why?

I don't quite understand why these got "nerfed" "for now". Oh well. >.>

Tita
Sep 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
nuoooooooooooo

this is one of the main reasons why i loved my 452 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Omega_Weltall
Sep 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
I have a theory. ST knows that we spam buffs in "buff parties" to lv them. Now, when Rentis and Diazisses(sp?) come out they KNOW we'er gonna spam these techs like crazy given they negate all Tech and physical damage up to 3 times depending on lv. So when they release the techs they'll make them user only for the time until AOI is released. And from what I heard in AOI if someone is already buffed the rebuff wont gain XP . I think they did this to slow the lving of these techs given their properties. Cause with these techs, if you time them right you're practically invincible.

Para
Sep 11, 2007, 10:36 PM
I can't wait until AOI then... guntecher with dizas and rentis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 11, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-09-11 20:24, Omega_Weltall wrote:
I have a theory. ST knows that we spam buffs in "buff parties" to lv them. Now, when Rentis and Diazisses(sp?) come out they KNOW we'er gonna spam these techs like crazy given they negate all Tech and physical damage up to 3 times depending on lv. So when they release the techs they'll make them user only for the time until AOI is released. And from what I heard in AOI if someone is already buffed the rebuff wont gain XP . I think they did this to slow the lving of these techs given their properties. Cause with these techs, if you time them right you're practically invincible.

Which is why you should get your technics to the level cap now so that you can get those level 40s easier in AoI.

EphekZ
Sep 11, 2007, 10:41 PM
Since techs don't overlap does that mean for enemies like gohmon ( worms amirite?) if your Shifta is higher then theirs their jellen won't work? I really hope so, it was like that in PSO and it should be like that in PSU too.

Omega_Weltall
Sep 11, 2007, 10:46 PM
Ya i liked that too. You get hit with Jellen and you need Reverser/Antimate to get it off instead of casting Resta again

Dragon_Knight
Sep 12, 2007, 07:23 AM
No as far as I understand it they will keep the "whatever buff/nerf recently cast" thingy...makes no sense but what can you do...its Sega....when ARE we getting the rest of the techs anyway? >_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 12, 2007, 07:30 AM
Kind of dumb if they decide to nerf something for now and then buff it again later on.

Rashiid
Sep 12, 2007, 08:27 AM
On 2007-09-11 20:41, EphekZ wrote:
Since techs don't overlap does that mean for enemies like gohmon ( worms amirite?) if your Shifta is higher then theirs their jellen won't work? I really hope so, it was like that in PSO and it should be like that in PSU too.

i think it should knock it down a lvl;

like if you hav Lv 3 shifta; and get hit; it should downgrade it however lvl tha jellin is;

so if its 1; knocks SHifta down to Lv2; then 1; then gone; THEN starts to debuff.

edit: of coarse; they would havta add numbers on the shifta icon or deband; like in the middle of the arrow hav a number showing what lvl tha buff/debuff is

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-09-12 06:30 ]</font>

Reipard
Sep 12, 2007, 12:25 PM
I suppose it works well for Wartechers whenever the spell gets released. For Fortetechers/ATs it will be a nice buffer but I'd imagine it is much more to their advantage not to be hit at all than to prepare to be hit.

OldCoot
Sep 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
I hope that the defensive ring techs will stay user only. Can you image everyone else in the party asking you to stop to set up rings on them again after they lose them?

I agree this will also slow the leveling of these with this not working for a buff party. But you could some agressive critters and just keep castin every time they knock the tech down.

Kylie
Sep 12, 2007, 12:33 PM
Poor Maya, really... They should improve her other TECHs then or at least resta because she's virtually useless now in terms of help. And gosh, I didn't intend on getting either TECH, but now I definitely won't be wasting my frags on these.

Alisha
Sep 12, 2007, 01:17 PM
this is actually a good thing in a way imagine a post aoi wartecher. they can get there with gi techs without fear and since they cant cast it on a FF it remains a strength only for them. also a post aoi wartecher can cast dizas and rentis then go nano making the blue no longer the only blast badge to use. so its actually a blessing disguised as a nerf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-09-12 11:18 ]</font>

relentless
Sep 12, 2007, 01:22 PM
*crosses out rentis in the list*
Guess I'll go with Megistar instead after all. lolz

bloodflowers
Sep 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
Nerfing Maya definitely makes the game more balanced. She was overpowered.

Actually, interesting to hear AoI stops buff overwrites - I hope it still lets you overwrite a L2 with L3 though. I'll get into a buff party and finish off mine before the expansion I think - all around 27 now.

imfanboy
Sep 12, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-09-12 11:44, bloodflowers wrote:
Nerfing Maya definitely makes the game more balanced. She was overpowered.

Actually, interesting to hear AoI stops buff overwrites - I hope it still lets you overwrite a L2 with L3 though. I'll get into a buff party and finish off mine before the expansion I think - all around 27 now.

Yeah, definitely about time to do that. <_< And the debuffs, too.

Indica
Sep 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
What PA's does Japan have that we dont have yet ???

EphekZ
Sep 12, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-09-12 11:17, Alisha wrote:
also a post aoi wartecher can cast dizas and rentis then go nano making the blue no longer the only blast badge to use. so its actually a blessing disguised as a nerf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-09-12 11:18 ]</font>

er, on the contrary. When you use your SUV/nano your status effects go away. well shifta and what not does, I forgot if SEs go away. I assume dizas/rentis will do the same.

Menochi
Sep 12, 2007, 09:34 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/tancients/psu20070913_101250_005.jpg

Taken earlier this morning. I'll let you speculate from there.

Soukosa
Sep 13, 2007, 01:28 AM
On 2007-09-12 11:17, Alisha wrote:
this is actually a good thing in a way imagine a post aoi wartecher. they can get there with gi techs without fear and since they cant cast it on a FF it remains a strength only for them. also a post aoi wartecher can cast dizas and rentis then go nano making the blue no longer the only blast badge to use. so its actually a blessing disguised as a nerf.

All WTs are beasts now? Beast WTs can actually do damage with techs? And since when did buffs actually remain active for nanos? They said it wouldn't go away but that doesn't mean it actually effects that mode. Besides, it'd only block 2 hits and you're gonna get hit ALOT more than twice while in a nano, unless you're gonna stand there and not bother using it. That's all assuming that they even release this highly broken tech for players to use.

Indica
Sep 13, 2007, 04:26 AM
lol, cant post Japanese, it comes out all funny.

Can anyon answer what PA's Japan has that we dont have yet?

Esufer
Sep 13, 2007, 06:23 AM
Maybe it targets others at level 31. Oooh, exciting.

omegapirate2k
Sep 13, 2007, 07:59 AM
Awesome, this means my wartecher can be that much more of an asshole, he'll have megiverse AND dizas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Vuman
Sep 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-09-11 20:24, Omega_Weltall wrote:
I have a theory. ST knows that we spam buffs in "buff parties" to lv them. Now, when Rentis and Diazisses(sp?) come out they KNOW we'er gonna spam these techs like crazy given they negate all Tech and physical damage up to 3 times depending on lv. So when they release the techs they'll make them user only for the time until AOI is released. And from what I heard in AOI if someone is already buffed the rebuff wont gain XP

Was this in an interview somewhere? Have people in the beta tried making buff parties and leveling