PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Just curious on how many friends you have lost since p

-Aurora-
Sep 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
See topic

Sadly to say my vote is 20+ ...It makes you wonder whats the point, when is it going to be my turn?

DarkEliteRico
Sep 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
1-5 so far....i'm kinda happy doing pick up games ATM. Most of them have moved onto other games but still have active accounts considering they haven't been on in over 5 months. Guess they're just waiting for AoI to come out like the rest of us.

Off topic....is it strange, i'm actually thinking of migrating to PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkEliteRico on 2007-09-13 17:55 ]</font>

bloodflowers
Sep 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
Certainly over 20.

F-Gattaca
Sep 13, 2007, 07:56 PM
Well, when I started PSU, I was playing with several others from the RW cast. They've all quit playing due to the hacking spree around December, aside from some problems that we had with a stalker.

Lunaris (Emryl Denjay) started PSU much later though, and he's still around.

PJ
Sep 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
There's no, "0" option, just, "I have no friends."

Except I do have friends, and the number is 0 lost. Huh.

VanHalen
Sep 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
I lost 4 friends since PSU started. I didn't talk to many people after they left and kinda slowed down my main's leveling process thinking they would come back. So I threw an event on PSOW in Feburary or March and made friends with the PSOW people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Still miss my old friends though >_>

Rashiid
i have cards sooo old; it still says 'Hunter' and 'Come to my shop for cheap HAJIRODS!' (memeber those were tha shiit?)

-Aurora-
On 2007-09-13 17:59, PJ wrote:

Well my friend you are very lucky then

Indica
Sep 13, 2007, 08:05 PM
easily 20+ for me. I lost a lot of good friends

DarkEliteRico
Sep 13, 2007, 08:10 PM
oh goodness, i'd delete some of those Rashiid. I wonder if you have mine still? I hardly play with people on here....i suck in that manner

Randomness
Sep 13, 2007, 08:19 PM
Never really got around to making any real friends... Meh. I'm happy with random groups, I haven't run into any real problem people.

DonRoyale
Sep 13, 2007, 08:20 PM
A few here and there.

God, is making friends ever hard for a guy like me. Defying social norms in real life, and jumping on the Net. Yeah, smrt :

Rashiid
Sep 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-09-13 18:10, DarkEliteRico wrote:
oh goodness, i'd delete some of those Rashiid. I wonder if you have mine still? I hardly play with people on here....i suck in that manner

lol i think i do; back in our Me / Quick hunting days.

Sychosis
Sep 13, 2007, 08:24 PM

DarkEliteRico
Sep 13, 2007, 09:00 PM
On 2007-09-13 18:22, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-09-13 18:10, DarkEliteRico wrote:

lol i think i do; back in our Me / Quick hunting days.

I could still use one of those....heck anything of good use will do me good.

omegapirate2k
Sep 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
Well, most of my friends I had before I started playing with the group I do now quit for one reason or another, that's about 4 people.

Ryno
Sep 13, 2007, 09:06 PM
I used to be losing friends.. till I started to be out going again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ever since my live account (mr rugbee ) was hacked..

thats when I started to gain more friends.. instead of losing.

is by going out.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 13, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-09-13 19:06, Ryno wrote:
I used to be losing friends.. till I started to be out going again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ever since my live account (mr rugbee ) was hacked..

thats when I started to gain more friends.. instead of losing.

is by going out.

Glad to see you're regaining your list, i wish i could help you out or try to find more info on your old account. You should PM me and see if i can pull up any more account history for you.

BlackHat
Sep 13, 2007, 09:12 PM
I don't really try to make friends, im not on enough to really feel the need to get "involved" with people.

Aralia
Sep 13, 2007, 10:39 PM
Hmm.. I believe.... 1...2......3..........4................5.......... .........6.......................7................ ..........8..............................

Yep.. I'm pretty sure that the number of close friends I lost on psu has been 8.

The number of cards I have of people who quit is just astounding... but that's another story.

Ryoten
Sep 14, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-09-13 18:20, DonRoyale wrote:
A few here and there.

God, is making friends ever hard for a guy like me. Defying social norms in real life, and jumping on the Net. Yeah, smrt :

Don..*Sniffs* that hurts. lol jk. Well since I started playing around Nov., many of my old friends disappear without a trace. I think another online game(s) are taking them away. *Glares at FFXI & WoW*

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 14, 2007, 12:39 AM
Just one. My first friend ever on PSU She showed me the ropes,disappeared for a while,came back,I ended up helping HER level up,and then she decided that PSU just wasn't for her anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Strider_M
Sep 14, 2007, 11:26 AM
I don't really understand the question...
Are you asking how many friends I lost because I was playing PSU

Or

How many friends I made on PSU that I have lost (because they stopped playing or whatever)

If you mean the first one... then none....

If you mean the second one... I'd say about 10-15

Kylie
Sep 14, 2007, 11:34 AM
Well over twenty, though only about five to seven close friends.

Broodstar1337
Sep 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
Can't lose what you don't have.

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
I started out playing with a group of friends, and 80-90% of them are gone now. However, recently I've gained a slew of partner cards from this community so I've retained the same average amount of friends throughout. And the people I've befriended from here seem like they'll be around for a while, so all is well :D

GutsGO
Sep 14, 2007, 11:49 AM
haven't lost any

BigBadWolf
Sep 15, 2007, 07:45 AM
I don't see how nobody's mentioned guilds here. I was in two different guilds at the time, mostly filled ppl I would consider friends but they've since both broken up.

Shishi-O
Sep 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
well i would say 2 but it appears i don't have any, good times.

i have lost about 5 aquaintances

GreenArcher
Sep 15, 2007, 08:55 AM
Far too many..

Most recent being Starslicer, I hope he comes back

Just about everyone from Team Ascension is gone other than Red-XIII and King

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But then again..I've made plenty of new ones, not to mention ran into to old ones from PSO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-09-15 06:56 ]</font>

relentless
Sep 15, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hmm, I don't think I've lost any friends yet. o.0

Rather the opposite, I sometimes get more friends by joining random parties and such. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And uhh, stalkers zomfg. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2007-09-15 07:14 ]</font>

BlackHat
Sep 15, 2007, 09:29 AM
On 2007-09-13 22:39, BomberStrife wrote:
Just one. My first friend ever on PSU She showed me the ropes,disappeared for a while,came back,I ended up helping HER level up,and then she decided that PSU just wasn't for her anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thats gotta suck.

The first people I ever met I wound up out-lvling and got kicked to the curb http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Out of 8 people only 3 of them still play, and none of them talk to meh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

-Aurora-
Sep 15, 2007, 05:40 PM
and today i think i just lost another one.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif that sad part is she meant a lot to me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spoiled808177 on 2007-09-15 15:49 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Sep 15, 2007, 05:42 PM
I've lost 20+ I've gained just as much... so yea lol

Gen2000
Sep 16, 2007, 12:46 AM
20+. 6 pages of grey squares with about 2% at best lit up nowadays. Either moved to JP PSU or 360, real life issues took over, or just straight up boredom of the game got to em.

Ninavask
Sep 16, 2007, 10:20 AM
To be completely honest I didn't have any friends to begin with. After playing though I gained friends lol. Turns out a bunch of people where I live play the game and I never knew.

Mystil
Sep 16, 2007, 10:30 AM
All three of them(Faith, Stinger, Thelonius) quit sometime in December. I've been without friends since that time. Didn't have uber weapons, and didn't talk much so I wasn't appealing to anyone. Those three didn't care about cliques/weapons and all that and we played together as often as we could. There was a 4th, but..he was just using me *shrugs*.

Doesn't bother me anymore though because I don't play.

Esufer
Sep 16, 2007, 03:00 PM

MSAksion
Sep 17, 2007, 02:30 AM
Priority 3 on my card list i counted 27. These cards are from friends that i have run with for at least 4+ months that are now gone. A good quarter of them i have semi-frequent Emails back and forth to keep in touch but without PSU as a common link i'm not sure how long these email pen pals will last.

But MOST i have no way to contact. One i think his PS2 was dying but that was back in April. One said he needed a credit card that was in June. One said he had college and couldn't play that was in March. One said see you next time and disappeared in July. One said his band was starting to pick up steam with radio play and has gone since June.

Let me tell you all - get your friends EMAIL or Chat name - you team with them every day for months then they disappear forever never to be heard from. At least TELL me that you're going to quit. Or tell me your licence will expire soon so we can prepare.

To honor my friend's memory i never delete their cards - i file them away and i look at their names and i think of all the good jokes, chats and fun we had. And i wonder if they're doing okay and i sit and wonder did they have as much fun as I did on PSU?

Finae
Sep 17, 2007, 02:55 AM
More than 20+ for me. 4 pages with partner cards and only very few on it these days including myself lol. I'm excluding the nubs who gave me their card and never contacted me again. I think on a good day, I normally see about 10+ on lol. I have about 2 hardcore people who never seem to log off still. I won't mention their names b/c I think they post on these boards lol.

Can't blame some of em though. Either we had rl stuff goin on or just boredom of the game. Every new person that joins my partner card list disappears after the next 2 days anyways so I don't even know why I accept people's cards these days.

Though I do get a few surprises every now and then of old peeps loggin on after 1-2 months of no play. I figure once AoI comes out, some of them may return. So I just keep their card anyways.

el33tmaikeru
Sep 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
If we're talking about friends irl... then one... my ex-girlfriend XD (pre-PSU) cuz she would call while I'm playing and get mad at me...

If we're talking about in-game friends... well... I just collect player cards... I think I p/o'ed someone during an HSM quest... but I think thats it...

desturel
Sep 17, 2007, 03:34 PM
None. Some of them may no longer play PSU, but all of the people I ran with regularly were real life friends that I can get in contact with easily, or people I have on my XBL friends list, in which case I can hook up with them on different games.