PDA

View Full Version : JP PC/PS2 09.18.07 update

EspioKaos
Sep 14, 2007, 06:17 AM
Official Japanese PSU site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=439)

Well, the road to Ambition of the Illuminus is coming to an end as the expansion will finally be out in Japan in just a few weeks. As such, a number of adjustments are being made to the base game in preparation.

System changes
* Mid-way lobby attendants will be able to transport players to other lobbies for a fee. (Unless you already have a party member in your desired destination.)
* Battle type equipment and PA caps will be adjusted.

My room, synthesis and grinding adjustments
* Synthesis success rates will be adjusted.
* When an item fails, the probability of getting a useful item back will be changed.
* Grinding failure system will be changed over.

Battle system
* Just attack will be introduced.
* Just counter will be introduced.
* Basic striking attacks will now regenerate PP.
* Elemental attribute damage equation will be adjusted.
* Character statuses will be adjusted. (Erm... No more details than that.)
* During nanoblast and SUV-weapon summoning, characters will retain positive status effects.
* Weapon and line shield elements from dropped items will be random.
* Meseta drops in missions will increase depending on the number of members in a party.
* Meseta division (maybe in the mission item distribution thing?) will be adjusted.
* Photon arts will be balanced.

Item adjustments
* NPC shop sell prices will be adjusted.

Universe changes
* The number of universes will go from 20 to 40. And with this update, the last 12 universes will be renamed after the GUARDIANS Colony and each of the planets.

RegulusHikari
Sep 14, 2007, 06:20 AM
Things are looking good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2007, 06:29 AM
i thought this was gonna be on tha day OF the expansion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

and meseta distribution; THANK YOU!

i can stop running around w/ 99 of common drops to increase my chance of meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dragwind
Sep 14, 2007, 06:35 AM
Wait, WTF?

If they can implement that stuff now, that means some of the animation data or something must have been already on the disc, and some of these changes possible a long time ago.

WHY ARE THEY DOING IT NOW?

Also, wouldn't they want to hold this stuff for the expansion only, THEN adjust it on psuv.1 later on so that they can sell more copies?

I'm sorry, I usually don't blow off much steam to ST, but this does.

Like a friend said, Thanks for telling us we were playing a beta version for a year.

drizzle
Sep 14, 2007, 06:43 AM
@Dragwind: None of these changes need any new animation data or any other graphics data for that matter. It's all program code.

It was only recently implemented based on feedback from the AoI beta. Needs some time for testing and stuff too you know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-09-14 04:44 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2007, 06:45 AM
On 2007-09-14 04:29, Rashiid wrote:
i thought this was gonna be on tha day OF the expansion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

i can stop running around w/ 99 of common drops to increase my chance of meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

That doesn't work. It just skips your turn and moves on. It doesn't keep coming back to you until it finds something you're able to carry.

And that's an underhanded strategy to begin with.

Dragwind
Sep 14, 2007, 06:47 AM
Are you sure? I could have sworn that the just counter and just attack had some extra flashy effect to it. Then again, I wouldn't doubt that they'd just use a random sprite.

Arika
Sep 14, 2007, 06:48 AM
What ? we dont have to get expension to get PA lv 40 ??

Arika
Sep 14, 2007, 06:52 AM
* During nanoblast and SUV-weapon summoning, characters will retain positive status effects.
>>>

I would really love if the sentence is <,<...
* During nanoblast , SUV-weapon and summoning , characters will retain positive status effects.

Niloklives
Sep 14, 2007, 07:10 AM
that is why you fail

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 14, 2007, 07:11 AM
For the LAST time..Newmans won't be able to summon!

And Humans won't be driving tanks

amtalx
Sep 14, 2007, 07:30 AM
This is certainly unexpected. So basically the expansion is a level pack now.

Dhylec
Sep 14, 2007, 07:34 AM
It's still hard to believe. It's for PSU, right? ;D
It's good! That's all I'd say.

Broodstar1337
Sep 14, 2007, 07:39 AM
induringshitstorm

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2007, 07:48 AM
More whining, more lulz. Welcome to a content update thread XD

I guess now we get to finally see these changes in action now :D Sounds like this is going to make the game a whole lot more fun, especially for melee classes.

It's also nice to see that Japan seems to be on-time with the AoI release, perhaps that will bode well for our shores.

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2007, 07:53 AM
On 2007-09-14 04:45, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-09-14 04:29, Rashiid wrote:

That doesn't work. It just skips your turn and moves on. It doesn't keep coming back to you until it finds something you're able to carry.

And that's an underhanded strategy to begin with.

sure? cause a Im-Photon and El-Photon kept skipping one guy; and then i kept getting all other items.

meh; its all so skrewy; just happy its changed now...

i dont mind give finder on normal items since i usually dont want any of it; just h8 how meseta falls in it; cause i must go in 'ninja~mode'

when its give finder in labs;; i make an extra 5-10k off the last block alone; i dive-DIVE for those 1k droppings http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Neith
Sep 14, 2007, 08:25 AM
Awesome, if we get this on EU/US servers in a few weeks, I'll be over the moon.

Wonder why ST are giving a lot of (what was assumed to be) AoI content before AoI actually releases? Seems odd, but looks like a very nice update...

Can't wait for us to get it.

SuperChoco
Sep 14, 2007, 08:29 AM
Sega is probably waiting until the last minute>_>

PJ
Sep 14, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-09-14 04:35, Dragwind wrote:
Like a friend said, Thanks for telling us we were playing a beta version for a year.

Are you fucking shitting me?

Online games change, dude. That's kinda obvious. Do ALL online games players complain that, "They've been playing a beta for a year," when an expansion comes out? Or do all those other games just not fundamentally change their games at ALL? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I was just playing Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on my Sega Genesis, then I played Sonic 2, and they added the spindash. WTF I was playing a beta for a few minutes, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2007, 08:41 AM
Holy fuck. It's actually happening.

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-09-14 06:41, Zorafim wrote:
Holy fuck. It's actually happening.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how people can complain amidst this. It's actually happening.

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2007, 08:45 AM
oh-no's!

Sony is taking over ST and ACTUALLY giving us what we want!!

*runs in circles*

Golto
Sep 14, 2007, 08:48 AM
It would be nice if we got these early but if it required changes to the client exe that would mean 360 wouldn't get them in a timely manner.

GutsGO
Sep 14, 2007, 08:50 AM
Wow, I got chills reading this.....CAN'T WAIT this is going to be amazing!

To back up Dragwind, in the interview that EGM had with Sonic Team about the original PSU, the producer said THERE'D BE TIMED BUTTON ATTACKS IN THE BATTLE SYSTEM. So yes, they've been thinking of having that for a few years now. (that feature came out before they pushed PSU back a year)

So, they've been thinking about this for a few years now, and probably couldn't decide on how it would work/be balanced....so the data WAS probably all there, and they waited to introduce it until the first Expansion came out in order to have a year to get feedback and whatnot so they were happy with it.

Kylie
Sep 14, 2007, 08:54 AM
Wow, I can't gripe about any of that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Awesome.

Zeota
Sep 14, 2007, 08:57 AM
Mmmmm interesting...

We get to mess with JA and JC before expansion. This gives us a chance to adjust to the new mechanics beforehand.

"Photon arts will be balanced"? Oh no! Our precious Gravity Break is getting the nerf bat!

Well, since they ARE adjusting the PA levels, this is understandable. I could see all the really strong ones being weakened within the first 20-30 levels then ramping up during the final 10, so I guess no terrible loss.

DraginHikari
Sep 14, 2007, 09:45 AM
I assume the only reason there doing this is because they have to include some of the expansion features for the original PSU to remain compatible with the new expansion and allow people using the original PSU to play with the expansion users.

AxelgearVII
Sep 14, 2007, 09:46 AM
So it's like playing AoI, without actually getting AoI. lol I must admit I didn't see this coming at all. Even though this update contains no missions, this is pretty much the biggest and most important update the game has received to date. And probably ever. My cheeks hurt from smiling.

Neoptolemus
Sep 14, 2007, 10:41 AM
Man, this is EXCITING! This is absolutely wonderful news! I have taken the past few weeks off of playing PSU due to work and spending time with the family, but this news has really gotten me pumped (as well as the update today). Can't wait to start it up again tonight!

Does anyone know why the number of Japanese servers is being increased? Is it to have certain designated AoI servers, or does is it possible that they are planning on moving the US PC/PS2 servers there? If it is the latter, I have mixed feelings about that... on one hand, it would be nice to actually be surprised by new stuff instead of knowing 2 months+ in advance. On the other hand, well, I don't really have a counter-point...

Menochi
Sep 14, 2007, 10:43 AM
They're combining world 1 and world 2 (Both PS2/PC Japanese servers) and thus are adding universes to compensate.

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2007, 10:44 AM
Oh, um, inb4PSUiseasymodenow.

Shame we'll have to wait two weeks for this. I doubt they'll mess up our schedule to give us something as minor as a near complete overhaul of the game, after all.

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 14, 2007, 10:53 AM
I presume this is where they implement the chances of finding an item at any % and element?

Like saying it's possible to find a 50% dark caliburn off a mob that drops a caliburn or something.

It'll be neat if an item drops at a certain grind too xD...

Zeota
Sep 14, 2007, 10:56 AM
I dunno about "PSUiseasymodenow".

Let's not forget what we'll be up against here. Smarter enemies that hit harder with a few tricks up their sleeves. So by no account is it going to be all peaches and cream.

F-Gattaca
Sep 14, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ooh! In before no-vacancy at the Motel 6! ... Wait, I don't think that's what we're calling ...

Okay, to be honest, I was shocked at this. I didn't think that vanilla PSU players would get this kind of content. This is awesome to know.

Sure, it's not graphics/sounds, but program code changes are still data and consoles like the PS2 can't exactly save a whole lot of data as far as I know. I guess that pretty much settles the question; this stuff is all serverside.

This is certainly unexpected. So basically the expansion is a level pack now.

A level pack, as in, only AoI players can reach 200? Because after this I'm totally expecting to see vanilla PSU players get the ability to reach the same caps.

If you meant level pack as in new locales, missions, items, and stories--yeah, I'll agree with you there.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 14, 2007, 11:07 AM
Update sounds very sweet and kick ass. It's very difficult to not envy the JP version..*sigh*

If we get this update on the US servers at all, it probably won't be until the maintenence just before AoI is released in the USA. ( which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in November... I wouldn't be surprised if AoI was delayed until early December though...)

pikachief
Sep 14, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-09-14 09:07, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Update sounds very sweet and kick ass. It's very difficult to not envy the JP version..*sigh*

If we get this update on the US servers at all, it probably won't be until the maintenence just before AoI is released in the USA. ( which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in November... I wouldn't be surprised if AoI was delayed until early December though...)

i would be very suprised considering we have everything the JP have except the last ult. PAs and the Dulk Fakis Co-op!

I wouldn't be suprised if we got it a bit earlier than novermber 20th http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-09-14 09:10 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2007, 11:12 AM

score http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Sep 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-09-14 09:09, pikachief wrote:
I wouldn't be suprised if we got it a bit earlier than novermber 20th http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ill take the expansion earlier then any silly event http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

EspioKaos
Sep 14, 2007, 11:31 AM
If we get this update on the US servers at all, it probably won't be until the maintenence just before AoI is released in the USA.

If...at all? Come on, now. Why wouldn't we see it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-09-14 07:45, DraginHikari wrote:
I assume the only reason there doing this is because they have to include some of the expansion features for the original PSU to remain compatible with the new expansion and allow people using the original PSU to play with the expansion users.

That sounds pretty likely, actually.

Reipard
Sep 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well, if you think about it, all of this stuff had to be implemented into vanilla PSU eventually. Since we're all playing on the same servers, the data has to be there and the rules at least have to be absolutely consistent between the two games.

Otherwise, you'd have people trading Ank Deddas to say, AOIers and grinding to +5 at no risk whatsoever.

I didn't expect it so soon though O_O. I was about to actually cancel until AOI since I'm in a slight burnout phase but I don't know if I will now. That's pretty freaking sweet.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm aware this is Japan's release schedule. Still, it really gives me something to anticipate since the last update almost has us caught up ^_^.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-09-14 09:58 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Sep 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-09-14 09:31, EspioKaos wrote:

If we get this update on the US servers at all, it probably won't be until the maintenence just before AoI is released in the USA.

If...at all? Come on, now. Why wouldn't we see it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lack of a certain *major* event that I shall not name (to avoid complaints of others) has strongly tipped my outlook on PSU updates from moderate optimism over a bit into the pessimistic side.

I am not happy about the lack of that particular Event and certain clothing that became available in that Event is something I *need*.

Such content not yet (or will it ever be?) available on US servers is making me grumpy...

Mysterious-G
Sep 14, 2007, 12:13 PM
I think it is a good idea. Why shouldn't players which aren't going to buy AoI have the new battle system and the other new stuff (except areas and items of course)? Playing with people from the old version will be more fun this way. Wouldn`t be fair otherwise.

Zorafim
Sep 14, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-09-14 08:56, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
I dunno about "PSUiseasymodenow".

Let's not forget what we'll be up against here. Smarter enemies that hit harder with a few tricks up their sleeves. So by no account is it going to be all peaches and cream.

Fans always complain that the game is getting too easy if enemies are nerfed or PCs are buffed, calling it "easy mode". We got a buff, so...

Cracka_J
Sep 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
rock.
can't wait til this update hits us shores then. it'll be fun times.

and ya, I don't get why people are already complaining. as a lot of peeps stated, they're basically making the base game compatible with the new software...I used to test arcade games, the programmers had to update the old versions of the games on a regular basis so they could be compatible with the new code, gfx, sound, etc. This stuff is very likely nowhere to be found on your current psu disc.

F-Gattaca
Sep 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
Smarter enemies that hit harder with a few tricks up their sleeves.

Wait, we get smarter enemy AI with AoI? Where'd you guys hear about this?

Kamica
Sep 14, 2007, 01:24 PM
Who is taking bets that the maintenance will last one day? Two days?

Regardless of how long it takes to implement all of this, it is exciting and I will be looking forward to it.

HFlowen
Sep 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-09-14 04:35, Dragwind wrote:
Wait, WTF?

If they can implement that stuff now, that means some of the animation data or something must have been already on the disc, and some of these changes possible a long time ago.

WHY ARE THEY DOING IT NOW?

Also, wouldn't they want to hold this stuff for the expansion only, THEN adjust it on psuv.1 later on so that they can sell more copies?

I'm sorry, I usually don't blow off much steam to ST, but this does.

The is a lot of leftover data in the current version of PSU that has AoI content in it. EX traps to name one. Of COURSE they had the expansion planned from the start. Haven't you played PSO? This the same stuff they've been doing forever.

It's a marketing ploy.

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-09-14 09:59, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I am not happy about the lack of that particular Event and certain clothing that became available in that Event is something I *need*.

Such content not yet (or will it ever be?) available on US servers is making me grumpy...

Aw, come on. You NEED the Rappy Suit? o.O

Why wouldn't we see it? Because Sega of America and Sonic Team hates "US". I don't mean to be a badmouth of your tease, EspioKaos, but changes like this are too good to be true and make me really want to sign back up to PSU JP. Too bad I can't afford the 30-something dollars for NetCash... T_T

EspioKaos
Sep 14, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-09-14 11:41, KaffeKane wrote:
Why wouldn't we see it? Because Sega of America and Sonic Team hates "US". I don't mean to be a badmouth of your tease, EspioKaos, but changes like this are too good to be true and make me really want to sign back up to PSU JP. Too bad I can't afford the 30-something dollars for NetCash... T_T

By saying that we won't get these changes, you're saying that we won't get Illuminus. The expansion's already been confirmed for us, so we're guaranteed to see these changes.

Nai_Calus
Sep 14, 2007, 02:02 PM

He's talking about the male formal wear, which was also tradeable for during Famitsu. The way things are looking, US version might never get it. Annoying, really.

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
I never said that we wouldn't get the expansion, just that we probably wouldn't be seeing these kind of changes to PSU at a particular deadline, like say...within two months as updates were originally scheduled to occur, I believe, or at least that some of the changes that we'd be seeing would not be in as great of a magnitude as what the JP are getting.

Meseta rates and the distribution of it being adjusted? -- This gives incentive for people who want more money for weapons and stuff to play in large groups. And being able to quartermaster the moolah separately from common items, if that's is what I think it is, would give me a more than fair chance at getting a decent amount of money out of a mission besides a petty reward that isn't even worth a tenth of a 7* weapon.

Basic striking attacks will now regenerate PP? -- Wow...just wow. This makes playing as a Huntard (yes, I said Huntard, cause I hate using that type and Fortefighter in high-rank missions) acutally worthwhile, because the PP magazines of those weapons just plain suck, so leveling PAs is difficult unless you carry six Yohmeis of a weapon type, which is sad.

NPC Shop sell prices will be adjusted? -- How? Will we be able to sellback for more or less than before? And if it means the prices of stuff that you buy is adjusted, will the items be cheaper and thus easier to get, or more expensive due to the change in Meseta rates?

PA caps will be adjusted? -- Give me one more reason to level Resta and Reverser to 30, why don't they? Killer Shot to 40, even? Mayalee Hit and my precious Reisei-shiki? Good lord, I'd have a lot to do on my table, and I might actually bother leveling my buffs and debuffs while I'm at it, too.

Synth rate changes? -- Wow. If they up the success of A-Rank weapons and the chances of synthing shield lines, then I might consider running player shops with decent prices on all my characters.

Grinding failure system will be changed over? -- Wewt. Simply wewt. I could have Trüst's bows up to the best they can be without losing them, so that he can just blaze through C-Rank missions and get the Force levels he needs so I can start leveling Ranger and Hunter.

Battle type equipment changed? -- Wow, so does that mean that Protranser will be seeing the power to use S-Ranks before AoI comes around? If so, I'd better focus on leveling Trüst's type levels more, so I can get him to PT soon.

Yeah...a lot of this stuff still tooks too good to be true as far as coming over here before AoI, I say. If we do get an update of this magnitude in two months (or less, but that's me being hopeful), then I'll be like UrikoBB, except I'll be over Mars.

EspioKaos
Sep 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-09-14 12:09, KaffeKane wrote:
...or at least that some of the changes that we'd be seeing would not be in as great of a magnitude as what the JP are getting.
You seriously believe that? Barring that the 360 servers still haven't gotten the death penalty update, we've gotten every single system update that the Japanese players have received. This isn't some event we might not see, it's a major update to the mechanics of the game. You're right that we may not get it a few weeks before Illuminus like the Japanese players are, but we'll definitely get it. This update isn't so much an if as it is a when.

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
Well now. That is a surprise. We'll actually be getting all that. Now the matter of when crosses my mind, too. You'll keep everybody informed as to what the specifics of the update will entail when it comes around, right? Or at least someone who's still playing the JP version?

EspioKaos
Sep 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-09-14 12:44, KaffeKane wrote:
You'll keep everybody informed as to what the specifics of the update will entail when it comes around, right? Or at least someone who's still playing the JP version?

Most definitely. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 02:51 PM
Let's hope it comes at a scheduled interval, and that would solve the problem of when. :3

OldCoot
Sep 14, 2007, 02:57 PM
I think this makes sense and Sega would have to add canges like this before the expansion. How would you have two different systems of grinding, synthing running at the same time?

omegapirate2k
Sep 14, 2007, 03:02 PM
Interesting, I'll be looking forward to your views on these new system changes once they've been released Espio.

RegulusHikari
Sep 14, 2007, 03:11 PM
Normal PSU players NEED this update. If they're going to allow AoI and PSU players to exist simultaneously, PSU players need the data and coding for JA, JC, and all of the other engine tweaks that are being made in AoI.

ANYONE who is pissed because they think PSU is a beta really needs to rethink why they play this game.

Crazy_Hunter
Sep 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
DONT NERF GRAVITY BREAK OR ANGA JABROGA PLEASE! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Soukosa
Sep 14, 2007, 03:26 PM
Why's everyone suprised at this? They were gonna put it the other week but decided to hold off so it wouldn't interfere with the event. And of course, there's gonna be changes made to the existing version. Things are managed on the server end now and not the client end like it was on PSO. So essentially all changes done to the game by the expansion will affect the current version but you'll still need the expansion to get the new stuff like items, clothes, hair styles, PAs (including levels most likely), and areas.

pikachief
Sep 14, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-09-14 13:25, Crazy_Hunter wrote:
DONT NERF GRAVITY BREAK OR ANGA JABROGA PLEASE! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

make he axe one slower please! so i can laugh at FF even harder when i see them use it!

Kamica
Sep 14, 2007, 03:30 PM

You do know that you can pay with US credit card now?

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-09-14 13:30, Kamica wrote

You do know that you can pay with US credit card now?

You can? I did not know that, actually. I thought they were going to stick with the NetCash. It makes me want to sign back up for the JP version even more, because then I'd be able to see what the hubub coming soon is about myself.

However, no job = no bank account = no VISA/MC debit card to use for payment. Yes, I'm still stuck without work, and believe me, I've been trying to get a job.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 14, 2007, 04:14 PM
Interesting.

I would not be surprised if this is the very last real update for non-AoI-ers.

And of course we will get this. If it is anything like the previous rebalances (PA nerfing back in the day, death penalty change, etc.), we may actually end up getting it sooner than expected. Hell, we got the mission spawn rebalance patch before JP even did.

But yeah, I'd expect this some time in late October.

Wallin
Sep 14, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-09-14 04:17, EspioKaos wrote:
Universe changes
* ...the last 12 universes will be renamed after the GUARDIANS Colony and each of the planets.

12? I never completed story mode, am I missing something here?

Mayu
Sep 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
Uh oh

Nerf bat to the face

Gravity Break

Reipard
Sep 14, 2007, 05:34 PM
Why would we not get this update?

If PSU's gameplay mechanics aren't synced for AOI it could create all sorts of problems on the server. We HAVE to get this update.

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-09-14 15:34, Reipard wrote:
Why would we not get this update?

If PSU's gameplay mechanics aren't synced for AOI it could create all sorts of problems on the server. We HAVE to get this update.

I think EspioKaos already has myself and other people convinced of that we will get it, thanks. You're a bit late to that argument party. :3

beatrixkiddo
Sep 14, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-09-14 15:27, Wallin wrote:

Universe changes
* ...the last 12 universes will be renamed after the GUARDIANS Colony and each of the planets.

12? I never completed story mode, am I missing something here?

Possibly:

GC01
GC02
GC03
PA01
PA02
PA03
NE01
NE02
NE03
MO01
MO02
MO03

Or something like that.

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking

Clyez 01
Clyez 02
Clyez 03
Parum 01
Parum 02
Parum 03
Neudaiz 01
Neudaiz 02
Neudaiz 03
Moatoob 01
Moatoob 02
Motaboob 03

Oh, and "I've got your water balloon technology!"

ShadowDragon28
Sep 14, 2007, 06:34 PM
Kamica:

I never said I need the Crappy Suit. What I *need* is the male Formal Wear as a part of completing my main character's very concept as a Dark
Post-Futuristic,quasi-gothic, Ronin-Mystic that shares commonalities with D (Vampire Hunter D), Kenshiro, and the archetype of the Byronic hereo.

I don't care for the Rappy Suits, but I do enjoy hunting for and slaying Rappies...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-09-14 16:36 ]</font>

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 06:41 PM
Oh. I never heard anything about the Formal Wear being released with said event, just the Rappy Suit. I guess the overt theming of Rappies in that event made that outfit more noticeable.

Still, releasing the rest of the PA frag tradable PAs and the rest of the clothings that the JP currently have would not be a bad idea, if only it were possible one day...

Then again, I can picture someone saying "we might get it before the expansion". We can only wish.

A2K
Sep 14, 2007, 07:35 PM
As for how the universes will be set up, the two of you who mentioned it are exactly right, pretty much:

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/news/20070918/exsample.gif

01 Recommended for Beginner
02 Universe
28 Universe
29 Recommended for G-Colony
30 Recommended for G-Colony
31 Recommended for G-Colony
32 Recommended for Parum
33 Recommended for Parum
34 Recommended for Parum
35 Recommneded for Neudaiz
36 Recommneded for Neudaiz
37 Recommneded for Neudaiz
38 Recommended for Moatoob
39 Recommended for Moatoob
40 Recommended for Moatoob

Anduril
Sep 14, 2007, 07:38 PM
I hope that this update comes out simultaniously here in the US on both the PC/PS2 and 360 servers, unlike the death penalty change, which by the way I'm still waiting for....

Reipard
Sep 14, 2007, 08:19 PM
I think EspioKaos already has myself and other people convinced of that we will get it, thanks. You're a bit late to that argument party. :3

I wasn't intending to argue it any further in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. There's really nothing more for me to say ABOUT it.

Nai_Calus
Sep 14, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-09-14 17:35, A2K wrote:
As for how the universes will be set up, the two of you who mentioned it are exactly right, pretty much:

02 Universe
28 Universe
32 Recommended for Parum
33 Recommended for Parum
34 Recommended for Parum

In before rumours that playing on the 'right universe' will increase drop chances/whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

omegapirate2k
Sep 14, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-09-14 21:07, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2007-09-14 17:35, A2K wrote:

02 Universe
28 Universe
32 Recommended for Parum
33 Recommended for Parum
34 Recommended for Parum

In before rumours that playing on the 'right universe' will increase drop chances/whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Heh, It's probably just to help players find parties in the planet they're on.

Nai_Calus
Sep 15, 2007, 12:20 AM
Oh, I know what it's *for*, I'm just saying that there's gonna be rumours about it doing something with drops or whatever. XP

omegapirate2k
Sep 15, 2007, 01:09 AM
On 2007-09-14 22:20, Ian-KunX wrote:
Oh, I know what it's *for*, I'm just saying that there's gonna be rumours about it doing something with drops or whatever. XP

Most definitely.

Tigerram
Sep 15, 2007, 01:42 AM
Thank you for the update Espio http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif This kinda news gives me much, much happiness. Let me buy you a brewski.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Helly
Sep 15, 2007, 02:23 AM
How comes people always act like ST hates only us english speakers? If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese 360 players are in the same boat as us. Does that mean ST hates jp players also?

KaffeKane
Sep 15, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-09-15 00:23, Helly wrote:
How comes people always act like ST hates only us english speakers? If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese 360 players are in the same boat as us. Does that mean ST hates jp players also?

No. Though JP isn't too fond of Microsoft or the 360... <_<

beatrixkiddo
Sep 15, 2007, 02:27 AM
Yes, they hate them for buying a 360.

omegapirate2k
Sep 15, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-09-15 00:27, beatrixkiddo wrote:

It makes them subhumans over there, you have no idea.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 15, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-09-15 10:09, omegapirate2k wrote:

I wasn't being sarcastic, I know this is true ;o

Shishi-O
Sep 15, 2007, 01:02 PM

Lack of a certain *major* event that I shall not name (to avoid complaints of others) has strongly tipped my outlook on PSU updates from moderate optimism over a bit into the pessimistic side.

thats right we don't get the rabol rappy armour....kinda sux

Umberger
Sep 15, 2007, 01:32 PM
The Rabol Rappy was available outside of Famitsu. The unit, Rappy Mode, is not (currently).

ShadowDragon28
Sep 15, 2007, 02:06 PM
The clothing that I was refering to was the male Formal Wear.The black-red trim and black gold trim Formal Wear I need as part of completing my main characters very concept.

I'd hunt for the Tyrant Spa(r)da and Dark Wing unit (which I also need to finish up "ShadowDragon" aesthetic/conceptual design-visuals) *if* I knew what darn missions those dropped in or if there even unlocked online yet...

I do wish the US servers get some kind of Event/Update that releases all the Formal Wears and that we get the Halloween Lobby and Rappy Lantern rappies... I've wanted the Halloween Deco back when I saw pics of it from the JP servers last OCT.

The game-mechanics overhaul update sounds awesome, I'm doubtful we will get it before the US release of AoI.

omegapirate2k
Sep 15, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-09-15 10:13, beatrixkiddo wrote:

I wasn't being sarcastic

Neither was I.

ThEoRy
Sep 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-09-14 05:11, Kikumaru wrote:
For the LAST time..Newmans won't be able to summon!

And Humans won't be driving tanks

Sorry to say this but that will not be the last time we hear about the almighty Omega Relicon.

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
Hm, when should PSUna be getting this update? It's a system update, which we normally get pretty soon after PSUjp, isn't it? If so, I wouldn't mind losing one content update for this, especially considering we don't have much content left to update with.

Erm, what else are we missing in PSUna anyway?

PJ
Sep 15, 2007, 02:54 PM
Some ult pas that they got, falkis party mission.

I think that may be it, outside events.

Menochi
Sep 15, 2007, 02:57 PM
PM 4x4 and 4x3 types being given class types, SE and Stamina changes, Exp changes.

Agnostic187
Sep 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
* Elemental attribute damage equation will be adjusted?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agnostic187 on 2007-09-15 13:19 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 03:36 PM
Can't wait for that. I'm sick of 9*s outdamaging rares.

Agnostic187
Sep 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
Hopefully they just do some re-balancing on the Elemental % and not make a 10% S rank outdamaging a 50% 9* by 300+ Damage, they need to keep some distance between people that do not try, and people that earn their money and split with teammates to afford to buy good weapons.

You shouldn't outdamage a 9* with a good element, however I will give they shouldn't be getting completely screwed over with the 400-600 points they are now, % should still matter, but ATP should matter more than it does now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agnostic187 on 2007-09-15 13:58 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 04:13 PM
I hope they go back to PSO's system, where percentages only effect the weapon's stats, and not your own. Having 10% light on an axe with 1000 atp, for instance, would give the axe 1100 atp against dark enemies. If you had 2000 total atp with the axe equipped, you would now have 2100 against dark enemies. Seems rather fair, doesn't it? High elements would still do something, after all, but they won't still be so overpowering.

As it stands, an Ank Dedda has around 9% more atp than an ungrounded Ank Pikor. This means that a 10% ice Ank Pikor will do slightly more damage against fire enemies, while having lower ata, with this system. Doesn't that sound a bit more fair?

Agnostic187
Sep 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
Sure does, I just hope they don't make 10% Ice S Rank out-damage a 50% Ice 9* with the same grinded ATP as an S rank. But I see your point, it wouldn't. If both a 10* 9* and 10* S rank had the same ATP they'd do the same damage if the 9* was grinded. I don't really see any problems with any of this information. But I can't wait for us in the US to actually get this upgrade though :/ Probably won't see it for another month or two but at least its something to look forward to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agnostic187 on 2007-09-15 14:21 ]</font>

Agnostic187
Sep 15, 2007, 04:21 PM
Because now that I think about it, the S ranks are almost similar as it is. They would really only be fixing % on everything and make ATP matter which is how it should have been all along.

Umberger
Sep 15, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-09-15 14:13, Zorafim wrote:
I hope they go back to PSO's system, where percentages only effect the weapon's stats, and not your own.

I'm pretty sure that's the system they're going back to.

HFlowen
Sep 15, 2007, 04:28 PM
Now that i think about it.... wouldn't this screw up forces? Lol, they have absurd TP but if the high percent element damage on rods only affects the rod itself...

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 04:35 PM
Not cast forces!

PJ
Sep 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
Why would it affect forces at all? I thought most of them didn't USE elemental bonuses on their weapons anyways (Resta on every rod/wand lol)

So I don't see how it'd make that big of a difference

Kimil
Sep 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-09-15 14:22, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-09-15 14:13, Zorafim wrote:
I hope they go back to PSO's system, where percentages only effect the weapon's stats, and not your own.

I'm pretty sure that's the system they're going back to.

This Would Suck for Dagger Users

HFlowen
Sep 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-09-15 14:37, PJ wrote:
Why would it affect forces at all? I thought most of them didn't USE elemental bonuses on their weapons anyways (Resta on every rod/wand lol)

They're doing it wrong then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Although I think that techs have an automatic amount of elemental effect. Like 10% or something? I forget, I don't play tech classes much.

Feelmirath
Sep 15, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-09-15 14:37, PJ wrote:

Techs are a bit different from the other weapons in that there's a "hidden" elemental bonus depending on the level of the tech.

I couldn't give you any numbers, but this is why a high level foie does less damage on a fire enemy than a low level foie.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 15, 2007, 04:42 PM
Well, we'll see what happens when it happens is what I say... no use in trying to figure out ambiguous wording (kinda used to it cause SE does it allllll the time <<)

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 04:46 PM
Well, techs can be modified differently than weapons. At worst, they can be rebalanced.

Menochi
Sep 15, 2007, 05:20 PM
Even weapons can be 'rebalanced' if ST feels like changing the stats. PSU's data is pretty fluid like that, using info files on the server for descriptions, items, etc.

nooblet
Sep 15, 2007, 05:52 PM
the only two things that im really interested in this update are;

im really interested how grinding failure will work out.

EspioKaos
Sep 15, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-09-15 15:52, nooblet wrote:
the only two things that im really interested in this update are;

im really interested how grinding failure will work out.

If you fail a grind, the weapon will not be destroyed. However, if it had any previous successful grinds, they are all reset.

pikachief
Sep 15, 2007, 05:57 PM
Official Japanese PSU site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=439)

* When an item fails, the probability of getting a useful item back will be changed.

am i a noob for not getting that?

Umberger
Sep 15, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-09-15 14:40, HFlowen wrote:

Although I think that techs have an automatic amount of elemental effect. Like 10% or something? I forget, I don't play tech classes much.

9%+level. Also, putting Resta on every Wand/Rod is sorta stupid...I'd rather have 12% extra element than be a split second faster.

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 06:06 PM

This means that we're getting things like fF's S rank dual sabers, GT's S rank bow, etc? Looks like I should start preparing a new palette.

I can't wait for this. I think I'll stop S rank hunting until we get this. But, does anyone know how much they're adjusting it by?

Getting a dimate instead of a skela was rather insulting, but I don't think getting a kerseline will be much better. I hope you at least get a lower rank weapon, or something like that. Failing a Dedda means getting a Pikor, etc.

Until this happens, I will never grind again.

Hm, no new animation, right? How will you know if you're doing it right, then?

Does anyone know by how much? Even getting one PP per weapon strike might mean I'll have to rethink my combat strategies.

Ah, I can't wait...

Huh? I wonder what they mean.

This was rather annoying, thank you.

* Meseta drops in missions will increase depending on the number of members in a party.

This should be useful. As it stands, it's better making money solo. I wonder if this'll include meseta rewards at the end.

* Meseta division (maybe in the mission item distribution thing?) will be adjusted.

I don't even know how it works now. I hope it'll be an even distribution, like FFXI's. If 600 drops, all members get 100, etc.

Daggas NO!!!

This should effect the economy. Items that sell in Player Shops that sell for junk anyway can be traded for a useful amount of money. Inflation, perhaps?

Sorry for the late post, but here are my thoughts. In summery, HEL YEH!

HFlowen
Sep 15, 2007, 06:08 PM
"Daggas NO!!!"

I'll lol if the nerf daggas a second time. =P

Mayu
~sniff Gravity break!!! lol

pikachief
thanks! but y does it say "PROBABILITY of getting a useful item"? do we already have a small cahnce of getting one? O.o

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 06:11 PM
We don't know it'll be nerfed. It could be buffed, who knows?

EspioKaos
Sep 15, 2007, 06:13 PM
On 2007-09-15 16:08, pikachief wrote:
thanks! but y does it say "PROBABILITY of getting a useful item"? do we already have a small cahnce of getting one? O.o
I guess it kind of depends on how useful you consider some of the healing items we can get back. The best I've ever gotten from a failed synth was a Scape Doll. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif This update will mean that when a synthesis fails, you may get back some of the ingredients. Or something entirely new.

A2K
Sep 15, 2007, 06:16 PM
In the offline modes, you'd get weird things like Puyo Puyo Gummis or Neta Notes for failing synthesis; I always wondered why Network Mode didn't yield something similar.

PhdChristmas
Sep 15, 2007, 06:26 PM
This is wonderful. I'm sick of getting hit by mobs when i clearly strafed to the side from a physical attack, or getting nailed when you were like a meter from actual physical contact.

Why is this an expansion feature, when it should of been addressed as a game design flaw with a patch fix? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ makes the online world expand.

You can either buy the expansion and not deal with those BS impacts from mobs. Or keep dealing with BS impacts and ignore the expansion. Support SEGA! theyve been making good games, but got owned by SONY, at the dawn of the PS2 era. Now theyre desperate. Buy the expansion because photon whips are cool and players that play FT need more overpowering.

HFlowen
Sep 15, 2007, 06:29 PM
Desperate? In the last two years, Sega has climbed from 11th to sixth place among third-party publishers in terms of games sold. They're doing pretty good.

lostinseganet
Sep 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-09-15 12:21, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-09-15 10:13, beatrixkiddo wrote:

I wasn't being sarcastic

Neither was I.

Man that seems rather ruff. You guys have any articles on xbox 360 PSU discrimination? lol

Fredrick
Sep 15, 2007, 09:07 PM
Well that's lame... so we must have been able to get lv 40 PAs all along. No way they could load up all those extra graphics with just an update.

Still no Megistar or Regrant?

Umberger
Sep 15, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-09-15 19:07, Fredrick wrote:

Still no Megistar or Regrant?

This is just a JP update...they already have both of those.

omegapirate2k
Sep 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
Well, it is possible that there will still be new animations for the just attack/just counter, and that we don't actually have the graphics for level 40 techs.

It could just be that the normal PSU players will not be able to see these new animations and effects, simply seeing them as, say, level 30 techs or a normal attack animation, who knows?

Menochi
Sep 15, 2007, 10:20 PM

Well, the road to Ambition of the Illuminus is coming to an end as the expansion will finally be out in Japan in just a few weeks. As such, a number of adjustments are being made to the base game in preparation.

System changes
* Mid-way lobby attendants will be able to transport players to other lobbies for a fee. (Unless you already have a party member in your desired destination.)

Battle system

Item adjustments

Universe changes
* The number of universes will go from 20 to 40. And with this update, the last 12 universes will be renamed after the GUARDIANS Colony and each of the planets.

Mainly quoted for reference. Also, see: http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=437

All classes get access to the different weapons as listed in the illuminous topic. ANd PA caps are changed. However, if you don't have illuminus, your PAs will remain capped at 30 (for those whose classes can go to 40)

Grinding system change is known for most, but just a quick summary. First number is current grind, 2nd number is max grind. Every failure drops the 2nd number by 1 and resets the current grinds to 0. Weapons will now have 0/10 or whatever on them, and no longer break.

Character 'statuses' (Typcially referring to character base stats, but might be job mods) are adjusted to increase attack power (assumably to balance somewhat with the elemental changes) and also defense is being increased.

Meseta drops more often with more people in the party. Also, depending on how item distribution is set, meseta will be distributed differently. If set to random (or ordered I assume) the meseta will be evenly divided between the party members present. If on give finder, then the entire amount goes to whomever picks it up. Also, mission rewards at the end are being decreased to counteract it. So, less solo, more groups!

NPC weapon sell-to prices are being raised. No other mentioned changes to NPC prices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Menochi on 2007-09-15 21:17 ]</font>

Dhylec
Sep 15, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-09-15 20:20, Menochi wrote:
Mainly quoted for reference. Also, see: http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=437

All classes get access to the different weapons as listed in the illuminous topic. ANd PA caps are changed. However, if you don't have illuminus, your PAs will remain capped at 30 (for those whose classes can go to 40)

Grinding system change is known for most, but just a quick summary. First number is current grind, 2nd number is max grind. Every failure drops the 2nd number by 1 and resets the current grinds to 0. Weapons will now have 0/10 or whatever on them, and no longer break.

Character 'statuses' (Typcially referring to character base stats, but might be job mods) are adjusted to increase attack power (assumably to balance somewhat with the elemental changes) and also defense is being increased.

Meseta drops more often with more people in the party. Also, depending on how item distribution is set, meseta will be distributed differently. If set to random (or ordered I assume) the meseta will be evenly divided between the party members present. If on give finder, then the entire amount goes to whomever picks it up. From screenshots, the amount of people you have in your party will also affect the meseta bonus you earn at the end of a mission. Seeing as how its a 100% ratio from the screenshot, I'd assume it means a full party.

NPC weapon sell-to prices are being raised. No other mentioned changes to NPC prices.

Thanks for the details. This should clear up things more. It's all good, I'd say. ;]

pikachief
Sep 15, 2007, 11:42 PM

System changes

Battle system

Item adjustments

Universe changes

Meseta drops more often with more people in the party. Also, depending on how item distribution is set, meseta will be distributed differently. If set to random (or ordered I assume) the meseta will be evenly divided between the party members present. If on give finder, then the entire amount goes to whomever picks it up. Also, mission rewards at the end are being decreased to counteract it. So, less solo, more groups!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Menochi on 2007-09-15 21:17 ]</font>

raised?! gaahhh T_T they're making the easy parts of this game(fighting) easier and the hard parts(buying stuff u want) harder! T_T

Menochi
Sep 15, 2007, 11:48 PM
Sell to. Basically, junk weapons you get from the ground (That can also be bought in NPC stores) sell to the vendor for more now.

Tigerram
Sep 16, 2007, 12:13 AM
^Hopefully it's a lot more. I'm all for the greed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-Gattaca
Sep 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
Getting a dimate instead of a skela was rather insulting, but I don't think getting a kerseline will be much better. I hope you at least get a lower rank weapon, or something like that. Failing a Dedda means getting a Pikor, etc.

Yeah. It'd be better to fail a synth and recieve some of the ingredients or a lower grade weapon than a consumable, especially when they don't even share the same ingredients.

As if failing to make a gun and getting medicine was weird enough.

Dhylec
Sep 16, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-09-15 22:13, Tigerram wrote:
^Hopefully it's a lot more. I'm all for the greed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heh, I think you're asking for too much already. ;D
The current sell back prices are next to give-away. Hopefully it's like 10% more, at least for A-ranks items.

Menochi
Sep 16, 2007, 01:59 AM
Its probably to balance rare hunters, who will get next to no raw meseta (assumably, depending on how extreme the rates drop) if they insist on soloing. And then a bonus for those who group up and find them. Only a couple days until we find out the details, so no real reason to speculate.

Kishin
Sep 16, 2007, 04:52 AM
Mmm, so if they release now all this stuff, what purpouse for the expansion? -.- just for story mode and new level?-.- Why this increment of universes, psu pc/ps2 is empty... I always said PSU was a beta -.-

Menochi
Sep 16, 2007, 05:03 AM
PC/PS2 isn't empty on JP servers. The universe change is JP only.
Expansion is new levels, new items, new room changes, and PA level caps.

Syl
Sep 16, 2007, 05:05 AM
Dont forget the new lobbies and missions and map designs <_< (along with all the new weapons, room decos/features, the casino, etc., that arent in the current PSU or cant be put into it)

Kishin
Sep 16, 2007, 06:25 AM
Well, seem not much for a expansion, Anyway, Im glad to hear about this trasport, but they could had released a bit sooner... Finally, normal attack would be more useful (I hope). So, the weapon will not broke when you grind them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kishin on 2007-09-16 04:31 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 16, 2007, 07:13 AM
Aren't most MMORPG expansions defined by new fields, new equipment, new stories, maybe even a new class or race? I'm thinking of WoW, AO, and EQ here. If a player doesn't own the expansions for those MMO's, doesn't he still benefit from SOME of the additions or at least is able to see its effects on the world he has access to?

Near as I can recall, AoI brings a lot of what I just listed. Including an overhaul of the My Room system and a bit more character customization. Vanilla PSU probably won't get any of it, only what has been listed in the update EpisoKaos mentioned.

So why is PSU itself "just a beta -.-" despite all of that ... ?

Shanata
Sep 16, 2007, 07:46 AM
I had hope that i would be able to pa lvl while waiting for Aoi (EU release date seems to be december 28th whereas US is november 20th according to preorder info on Amazon) but if that's not the case.....well this means us EU players are gonna get NOTHING for a month and a half <.<
And i'm guessing non expansionists won't be able to play with expansionists therefore not only will we get nothing but we won't even be able to play with friends! Hummm now a really hope that US/EU get a simultaneous release <.<

Kishin
Sep 16, 2007, 09:11 AM
Well new level, new weapon, yes ok, but, where's the quests, the events, the "new"jobs (only 2 is not much). Well Im not complain this cause I already thought would be happen all this, they start to released the things at now cause, "for me I think" was already planned by them to make a new expansion, could I be wrong, anyway np. Expansion will be fun. *-*

Arika
Sep 16, 2007, 09:12 AM
wait, EU delay again!!! >< bakana!!! how can they do this again ?

Arika
Sep 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
btw, do u think they will nerf weapon element in which way?

according to what we see now, twin dagger only need a high %.
Rank* is really useless ,because it jsut add 20-30 atp per 1*, but if we get 50% (if player has 800 atp, 50% = 400 atp up!! too much ><)

SO, I think the % will add no more relate to base player atp, it should be add according to weapon atp only
eg. player atp 800 dagger 200 atp(50% = 300 atp), total atp = 800+300 = 1100 atp (but hit rapid)
same player with axe 1000 atp (50% = 1500 atp) ,total atp = 800+ 1500 = 2300 atp (but hit slow)
I think this way can make thing really a lot more balance and fair, but they might need to adjust PA modify % again too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-09-16 07:20 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
not too far either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
am i the only one excited about the expansion more then halo 3?

RedX
Sep 16, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-09-16 07:11, Kishin wrote:
Well new level, new weapon, yes ok, but, where's the quests, the events, the "new"jobs (only 2 is not much). Well Im not complain this cause I already thought would be happen all this, they start to released the things at now cause, "for me I think" was already planned by them to make a new expansion, could I be wrong, anyway np. Expansion will be fun. *-*

Quests how about ep3 and the new free missions

Event wise they're not going to announce events yet, but i guarantee you there will be some.

2 new jobs + huge adjustments to existing jobs isn't good enough?

pikachief
Sep 16, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-09-16 08:26, RedX wrote:

On 2007-09-16 07:11, Kishin wrote:

Quests how about ep3 and the new free missions

Event wise they're not going to announce events yet, but i guarantee you there will be some.

2 new jobs + huge adjustments to existing jobs isn't good enough?

obviously not for him

Golto
Sep 16, 2007, 10:30 AM
How weapon elements work now if it has advantage (fire vs ice) the % is calculated ontop of or after the pa % is added. So especially with ranged weapons that 30% turns into 45%+ with high lvl elemental bullets with advantage. So maybe they will just add in the element % and not multiply it in after pa %.

Kishin
Sep 16, 2007, 11:17 AM
Nah is not enought, but cant do nothing with this anyway. They could make some expert class, with a wide choice of classes for me. I mean quest like was TTF, or other quest same as the PSO quest. Well, I hope many event in the future. Anyway, synth % rate goes up right, so it means S 10* weapons are at 100%? They have 85% most of them (kubara not).

Menochi
Sep 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
You can still play with expansion players even if you don't have the game. They'll work it out that way.

Ness0123456
Sep 16, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-09-16 09:17, Kishin wrote:
Nah is not enought, but cant do nothing with this anyway. They could make some expert class, with a wide choice of classes for me. I mean quest like was TTF, or other quest same as the PSO quest. Well, I hope many event in the future. Anyway, synth % rate goes up right, so it means S 10* weapons are at 100%? They have 85% most of them (kubara not).

1. You already have expert classes in the game, more don't need to be added, and you're getting two classes with the new expansion, which is a typical number for most online game's expansions.

2. PSU =/= PSO. It runs on a different gameplay system. If you want to play PSO style quests, go play PSO. Keep them out of PSU. I don't want to see PSU turn into PSO 2.

3. This is what most Online games get for expansions. New zones, new quests and storyline, the occasional new class or race, some tweaks to the gameplay, some added game play features, and that's about it. What you seem to want is a full blown Phantasy Star Universe 2. Expansions are supposed to expand the content, not create an entire new game, and AoI is doing just that.

Rayokarna
Sep 16, 2007, 03:44 PM

System changes

Battle system

Item adjustments

Universe changes

I know Im a bit late but, OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!

lostinseganet
Sep 17, 2007, 08:56 AM
On 2007-09-16 07:41, Rashiid wrote:
not too far either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No you are not.

AxelgearVII
Sep 17, 2007, 09:22 AM

Which means that tomorrow Wartecher & Guntecher > j00

princejake2
Sep 17, 2007, 10:39 AM
On 2007-09-16 07:41, Rashiid wrote:

I agree with you 100% lol

Menochi
Sep 17, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-09-17 07:22, AxelgearVII wrote:

Which means that tomorrow Wartecher & Guntecher > j00

Well, guntecher will still be stuck at 30 with bullets for a bit longer, but both classes will finally be able to be viable for some support and even better staying solo power.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 17, 2007, 11:16 AM
Wartecher > Guntecher for now.... but once expansion caps and weapons are out...

panzer_unit
Sep 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-09-16 07:16, Arika wrote:

Rank* is really useless ,because it jsut add 20-30 atp per 1*, but if we get 50% (if player has 800 atp, 50% = 400 atp up!! too much ><)

SO, I think the % will add no more relate to base player atp, it should be add according to weapon atp only
eg. player atp 800 dagger 200 atp(50% = 300 atp), total atp = 800+300 = 1100 atp (but hit rapid)
same player with axe 1000 atp (50% = 1500 atp) ,total atp = 800+ 1500 = 2300 atp (but hit slow)
I think this way can make thing really a lot more balance and fair, but they might need to adjust PA modify % again too.

Right now, high-damage weapons... well, axes at least... are balanced by raw ATP compared to a same-level character. Even a 7* axe is 125% or more of a Fortefighter's total ATP, and even a 9* dagger's ATP is maybe 25%. You can throw an elemental weapon on top of that and it doesn't make a difference, the relationship is the same... axe hits will still be twice as hard as twin dagger.

Then again, give everyone 30 levels and they will have to adjust all equipment stats to keep that balance. Maybe applying % just to weapon ATP wouldn't be inappropriate after all... if they do the same thing for Techniques, that would even things out for Cast and Beast techers as well.

Helly
Sep 17, 2007, 02:41 PM
The only thing I'm remotely upset about is that we could've had lobby hopping all along. Sooo many missions could have been popular instead of ignored from the start cause they "take to long to get to". ;.;

btw If NPC shops buy your stuff for more doesn't that mean Player Shop prices will go up? Everyone is not super rich why must they do this. ;_;

Soukosa
Sep 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-09-17 09:27, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-09-16 07:16, Arika wrote:

Right now, high-damage weapons... well, axes at least... are balanced by raw ATP compared to a same-level character. Even a 7* axe is 125% or more of a Fortefighter's total ATP, and even a 9* dagger's ATP is maybe 25%. You can throw an elemental weapon on top of that and it doesn't make a difference, the relationship is the same... axe hits will still be twice as hard as twin dagger.

Then again, give everyone 30 levels and they will have to adjust all equipment stats to keep that balance. Maybe applying % just to weapon ATP wouldn't be inappropriate after all... if they do the same thing for Techniques, that would even things out for Cast and Beast techers as well.

The changes to the elemental system were stated by ST a couple times now to make it so that lower elemental percents do more damage while higher ones stay about the same. They clearly state that 50% weapons still do roughly the same damage while every thing else will be different. This is to mainly add value to the lower percent weapons and not because the percents are broken or anything like that.

Zorafim
Sep 17, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-09-17 12:41, Helly wrote:
btw If NPC shops buy your stuff for more doesn't that mean Player Shop prices will go up? Everyone is not super rich why must they do this. ;_;

It will increase inflation, but everyone will have access to it. Junk items you see in shops will disappear, but nobody buys them anyway.

I'm still waiting for the shop search update, that's what will overhaul the Player Shop system.

Menochi
Sep 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-09-17 12:41, Helly wrote:
The only thing I'm remotely upset about is that we could've had lobby hopping all along. Sooo many missions could have been popular instead of ignored from the start cause they "take to long to get to". ;.;

Well, Japanese version had taxis, which was pretty much just free lobby hopping. I heard it was attempted on the En version, but people kept destroying it so it didn't happen anymore.

NexGen
Sep 17, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-09-17 12:58, Soukosa wrote:
The changes to the elemental system were stated by ST a couple times now to make it so that lower elemental percents do more damage while higher ones stay about the same. They clearly state that 50% weapons still do roughly the same damage while every thing else will be different. This is to mainly add value to the lower percent weapons and not because the percents are broken or anything like that.

So it's not going to be called a percentage then, if I'm getting your statement right...

I mean, 10% is 10% is 10%, based off of ATP of the character or the weapons, 10% is 10%.

Any change from that simple math cannot be called a percentage then, and would have to be reclassified. If you change a 10% to do more damage, but leave the 50% alone, then your 10% is not really 10% lol.

Sounds confusing? Here's an example:

1) ATP=1000 + 10% = 1100ATP (yay)
2) ATP=1000 + 50% = 1500ATP (more yay)

If you would like to make #1 be a higher damage amount, then guess what? It's not 10% anymore. Final example, then my math goes away:

3) ATP=1000, and the end result is 1200ATP=20% element. Calling it anything else would be RONG MATHZ!

Alis-Landeel
Sep 17, 2007, 03:33 PM
Right, NexGen. But in this case the % must be applied to the weapon. It's the weapon that got the %, not the character. So when a weapon has 100 ATP and 10% element, the result must be ATP-player + 110 ATP-Weapon, not 110% of total (ATP-Player+ATP-Weapon).

Menochi
Sep 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
For those who say the % is going to be only on weapons seem to forget that mechguns have under 100 ATP even at A rank. Their 20% elemental mod isn't going to help any. Just wait and see, its less than 24 hours now.

RegulusHikari
Sep 17, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-09-17 13:38, Menochi wrote:
For those who say the % is going to be only on weapons seem to forget that mechguns have under 100 ATP even at A rank. Their 20% elemental mod isn't going to help any. Just wait and see, its less than 24 hours now.

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, actually. I foresee Rangers getting a rather large nerf from this. The elemental damage is what really gives Mechs and Twins an upper hand.

Menochi
Sep 17, 2007, 03:50 PM
Its really going to depend on how they work it out. Maybe elemental %s will work differently for the different weapons, so machine guns and both twin melee types stay the same, while larger ones differentiate between player ATP and weapon ATP (or TP respectively)
They're also increasing ATP and DFP for 'character stats', so there will be some other things affected too.

Either way, 16 hours to go, assumably.

Jakosifer
Sep 17, 2007, 08:11 PM

Oh god thank you >_< I was under the impression that my 44-50%'s would suck ass come AoI. >_____>

Good to know that I can get a better use of my lower % weapons as well, extra weapon PP ftw.

NexGen
Sep 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-09-17 18:11, Jakomay_07 wrote:

Oh god thank you >_< I was under the impression that my 44-50%'s would suck ass come AoI. >_____>

Good to know that I can get a better use of my lower % weapons as well, extra weapon PP ftw.

I'm sorry but this still makes no sense, when looking at it from a mathy/numbers point of view, whatsoever. Regardless of where the percentage is applied to (Character ATP, weapon ATP, or both) 10% will add - wait for it.... TEN PERCENT TO THAT NUMBER.

And guess what 50% will do? FIFTY PERCENT TO THAT NUMBER!

So yes, there may be "adjustments" but this random speculation that 10% will do more than 10%, but 50% will still be 50% is not based on how numbers, or percentages, work.

Squid_Gogglez
Sep 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
this is nice!