PDA

View Full Version : psu vs halo3

TKlogan
Sep 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
ok what are you guys do staying and playing Psu. Leaving and playing Halo3.Or Doing Both comments and votes please

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TKlogan on 2007-09-14 10:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TKlogan on 2007-09-14 10:45 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 14, 2007, 11:31 AM
no and no
PSU and Halo 3 are different kinds of games. Majority of Halo 3 players would not play PSU. And a lot of PSU players, prolly know how overrated Halo really is

THE JACKEL

Strider_M
Sep 14, 2007, 11:32 AM
Obviously a lot of people are going to leave to play Halo for an exceedingly long amounts of time.... But usually if there are people playing PSU now they're going to keep playing it...

they might leave for a month or so but they'll come back.

Myself I'll play Halo off and on and This game off and on....

Like with Metroid Prime 3... and BioShock...

TKlogan
Sep 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
you can be right but the only way to know is if everyone on the whole website casts a vote or we can wait till halo3 comes out

JAFO22000
Sep 14, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-09-14 09:27, TKlogan wrote:
[b]the whole reason they came out with a new update for psu is cuz that halo3 is coming out soon and sega is getting scared cuz there going to lose alot if money and the only way to keep ppl on psu is to have them get to lvl 100 i can do in a week before halo3 comes out

Yes, because a couple of new outfits and a new story mission will TOTALLY make people forget about one of the best selling game franchises of all time.....

I think by now that ST knows PSU cannot compete with a game as popular as Halo. Then again, it doesn't HAVE to compete, as Halo is a 3rd person shooter and PSU is an online RPG.

Broodstar1337
Sep 14, 2007, 11:39 AM
If Sonic Team really wanted to compete against Halo 3, which is a completely different genre of game than PSU, then they would've put a great deal more effort into PSU. PSU would've been the second WoW if Sonic Team gave two shits about Halo.

-Tidus_415-
Sep 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
The OP is spamming in the 4th floor colony telling everyone to come to this retarded topic and vote. If your leaving for Halo 3 then GTFO already no one cares.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
Why must new posters start a thread(s) that could lead to a sh*tstorm?.. *face palm*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-09-14 09:46 ]</font>

TKlogan
the whole reason i made it is soo ppl can vote not so if your going to be mean i suggest that you leave and dont vote

Broodstar1337
On 2007-09-14 09:42, -Tidus_415- wrote:
The OP is spamming in the 4th floor colony telling everyone to come to this retarded topic and vote.

You've gotta be kidding me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broodstar1337 on 2007-09-14 09:46 ]</font>

Cerberus1981
Sep 14, 2007, 11:53 AM
I'll probably blast through the single player of Halo 3 in a week and then come back to PSU.

I'm not a fan of the Halo multiplayer, it's too run and gun for me, I love playing FPS over live but only tactical shooters like GRAW and Rainbow. I LOVE to outthink and outflank people in GRAW and Rainbow, nothing beats ambushing someone or using the map/cover to get behind someone to shoot them in the back, all stuff that you can't do in Halo whilst people are leaping about the screen...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-09-14 10:06 ]</font>

TKlogan
Sep 14, 2007, 11:56 AM
same here the only reason im getting it is so i can play to story mode then il be off and on playing this and halo3 making mutiplayer videos for youtube

-Ryuki-
Sep 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
In before locked.

This thread shouldn't exist.

ZodiacNKnight
Sep 14, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-09-14 09:27, TKlogan wrote:
[b]the whole reason they came out with a new update for psu is cuz that halo3 is coming out soon and sega is getting scared cuz there going to lose alot if money and the only way to keep ppl on psu is to have them get to lvl 100 i can do in a week before halo3 comes out... the whole reason i made this is i know everyone likes psu and also likes halo3 i wanted to see how many ppl are staying and going its a easy vote just dont a A** about it and running your mouths

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TKlogan on 2007-09-14 10:00 ]</font>

Are you retarded or something?

You need to get your facts straight.
Not everyone likes PSU nor Halo 3. So you can't assume everyone here likes Halo 3 and PSU.

What you're asking out of your poll is going to be biased. People here are likely going to vote PSU over Halo3 because... Well this is evidently a PSU/PSO community.

As for your conclusion for SEGA releasing this update just because of Halo 3... Don't pull bs out of your ass and spread it around.

Turambar
Sep 14, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-09-14 10:04, RyukiZero wrote:
In before locked.

Seconded.

TKlogan
Sep 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
if you have a problem then dont vote and dont comment if you have a problem go kiss a ass to get me banned or something i dont care all i wanted is for ppl to vote and if you have a problem then dont

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TKlogan on 2007-09-14 10:22 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 14, 2007, 12:23 PM
Why would Sega be scared about Halo 3? It's not a direct competitor. World of Warcraft is a direct competitor. Other MMOs are direct competitors. Halo 3 might temporarily decrease the player base as people devote time to playing it, but if anything makes people quit PSU for good, it will be a more attractive MMO, not an FPS.

And even if PC/PS2 is a ghost town, PSU is still arguably popular in Japan, as JP PC/PS2 and 360 numbers will attest. So you can't say Sega's dumping their PP over Halo 3.

e_Tard
Sep 14, 2007, 12:26 PM
Honestly, I can't wait untill Halo takes away some of these little nubcake kids. They've done quite a number on the 360 community recently, IMO.

Either way, this update wasn't to fend off the impending Halo migration... I'm willing to bet Sega has been well aware for a long time that they are going to lose a few subscriptions come October.

Like previously said, they are two completely different games, with different audiences. I think the question on most PSU player's minds is whether or not they're going to bother with Halo 3. Not so much "should I be leaving PSU for H3?"

amtalx
Sep 14, 2007, 12:32 PM
I'll never quit PSU unless ST does something really horrible. I plan on playing Halo 3 which will inevitably cut down on my PSU time, but once I get bored of hearing 15 year-olds yell at me, guess here I'll be?

TKlogan
Sep 14, 2007, 12:33 PM
now that i think about it i should have made this a suggestions thread of how you guy think of them both and how many will react to it cuz im done with all the asshole comments im getting

ZodiacNKnight
Sep 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
On 2007-09-14 10:33, TKlogan wrote:
now that i think about it i should have made this a suggestions thread of how you guy think of them both and how many will react to it cuz im done with all the asshole comments im getting

Perhaps it's a lesson to learn from.
Make a post with proper English and a less provocative tone.

I mean just read your poll caption.
How is someone suppose to take you seriously when it screams arrogance...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-09-14 10:46 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Sep 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
The thread probably would've gone a lot better if you didn't add the

the whole reason they came out with a new update for psu is cuz that halo3 is coming out soon and sega is getting scared cuz there going to lose alot if money and the only way to keep ppl on psu is to have them get to lvl 100 i can do in a week before halo3 comes out...

There is no truth to this and it was completely useless to add. Whatever floats your boat kid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I won't be surprised if he's spamming PSOW sucks out there by now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-09-14 10:44 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Sega's more worried about other MMOs on the market. It's silly to be worried about another game that's equally threatening to other games in your own genre. People will play Halo 3 for a little while, get tired of the dumbass 15 year olds who think the Halo franchise is the best thing to ever happen to video games, and go back to what they were doing before.

You're going to get a biased siding with PSU on these forums and you'll get a biased siding with Halo 3 on a Halo forum. Bottom line, this poll says nothing at all.

XDeathX
Sep 14, 2007, 02:13 PM
This threads a joke.....

KaffeKane
Sep 14, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-09-14 10:19, Turambar wrote:

In before locked.

Seconded.

Thirded. Halo 3 is not comparable to PSU, the logic just...no, there is no detectable comparisons.

no and no
PSU and Halo 3 are different kinds of games. Majority of Halo 3 players would not play PSU. And a lot of PSU players, prolly know how overrated Halo really is

THE JACKEL

Hallelujah.

Kylie
Sep 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well, I don't have a 360, so that limits my choices. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lykos
Sep 14, 2007, 02:32 PM
Lulz.
He asked a pretty much basic question and everyone got so pissy about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lykos on 2007-09-14 12:34 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Sep 14, 2007, 02:35 PM
Playing both is by no means some superhuman accomplishment.

OldCoot
Sep 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
I think this was asked when Gears came out. Some left to play it and some came right back. Halo 3 will be no different.

I plan on playing many of the newer titles coming out, and these will not affect my decision to stay with PSU. I might not play PSU as much, but I will be back unless there was a new game that has a lot of similar things that PSU offers, but in a better package.

Besides, your average pack of Badira would have the Master Chief for lunch anyway.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

McLaughlin
Sep 14, 2007, 03:19 PM
In before locked.

I concur.

This has been covered to infinity and back again.

PSU players are PSU players, not Halo3 players.

Weeaboolits
Sep 14, 2007, 03:23 PM
I don't have a 360, so I won't be playing Halo 3 at all.

Kylie
Sep 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-09-14 12:32, Lykos wrote:
Lulz.

What's new? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

creativehope
Sep 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
a word to the wise my friend. There is more to the psu community than 360 players and even still to make a poll that puts 2 different games together (especially when this community is split between 3 ends) is only asking for trouble. I understand that all you wanted was an honest opinion but the technicalities of the question at hand will not sit well with a lot of people so expect a lot of flak for a question like this, take the answers and gripes with a grain of salt and call the doctor in the morning because as long as you keep asking questions like that you are going to get flamed

Me personally I will be playing both. PSU>halo of course but halo will get its share of playing time

DarkEliteRico
Sep 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
I'm in the process of dropping my license for the xbox 360 version partly because of the Halo 3 launch, partly because of the hours i work. I might run into a few issues moving onto a new character and finding another group to run around with. IMO the following on ps2/pc is a little better less people seem to be leaving or canceling their accounts vs. how many calls i get for 360 owners and their accounts.

Mewn
Sep 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
So, are you guys going to continue to eat apples? Or are you going to move onto oranges? I hear there's a wicked new variety of apple they brought out because they're scared people might buy the new, bigger oranges and they might lose money over it. Comments please.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-09-14 15:02, Mewn wrote:
So, are you guys going to continue to eat apples? Or are you going to move onto oranges? I hear there's a wicked new variety of apple they brought out because they're scared people might buy the new, bigger oranges and they might lose money over it. Comments please.

Honestly don't know how to respond to that, tried thinking of something interesting....but nadda.

BanF
Sep 14, 2007, 05:14 PM
Now matter how I try, when my mouth's full of apple I can't eat oranges, and viceversa, so I have to take time to eat each. The question here is who is going to be eating a lot of apples while leaving the oranges in the food bowl for a while.

I for one am not getting apples until 2008, so oranges it is. Yummy.

TKlogan
Sep 14, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-09-14 12:32, Lykos wrote:
Lulz.

thats what i was trying to say and all they do is get a piss fit about it

AeraLure
Sep 14, 2007, 07:23 PM
PSU is my sort of game, and HALO is definitely not. There's some crossover possibly, but my hunch is most who are really into a game like PSU are not terribly interested in a game like HALO.

Parn
Sep 14, 2007, 07:25 PM
http://synbios.net/images/misc/popcorn.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 14, 2007, 07:54 PM
inb4t3hlock

BlackHat
Sep 14, 2007, 08:15 PM
This whole thread is LOL now.

As stated before: This whole thread would have been better off if you worded it differently.

DonRoyale
Sep 14, 2007, 08:23 PM
Even after stuff like Brawl comes out, I'm still going to be playing PSU whenever I get the chance.