PDA

View Full Version : LOU/is she a full cast or a hi bred GH/Machine?

Saligun
Sep 14, 2007, 03:53 PM
I have alway thought lou was a cast but lately i'm beginning to wonder if she's more like a GH(class)CAST machine,unlike other cast she doesn't seem to have the same indepented spirit shown by other cast in the game she acts more like a top of the line GH, then a true independent cast,she mainly works in the gaurdians info center and as a mission support assistance,she also likes to offer advice to others,these type of actions don't suggest a free willed independent cast but a machine created for the sole purpose of serving others.(In other words a PM or GH class machine).And from what i have seen most cast don't care to much about the other races in their world.

BTW;In story mode when you 1st go to the parum guardians front desk you meet a female(cast) who says she just been born and can't speak very well yet,this sure make cast look bad if they stick a newborn cast in such a job,at the front counter at the guardians center on there home world,you don't put someone in a importain place like this until there better able to comunocate with others,If they act like their better then all other races this kind of action don't lend itself to proving that.

NOTE;I'm not faulting lou by any means but if shes a true free willed cast she sure never shows it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-09-14 13:55 ]</font>

Kylie
Sep 14, 2007, 04:06 PM
Well, I'm not sure what you mean, but there are many Lou bots. They're not to show emotion, and they will sacrifice their body for a mission with no thought. So it makes sense that she's more of an item than an actual CAST. Also, I know that there is a base Lou at the colony, which they store all of the major Colony "secrets" (like instructions, etc.) in. All the other CASTs like Nav weren't mass-produced, so...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-09-14 14:12 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Sep 14, 2007, 04:28 PM
All I know about Lou is that her job class doesn't make any sense.

Rifles, Double Sabers, and Rods?!

Saligun
Sep 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
That news to me i have never seen lou use techs before.But this sound like what a GH would most likly have a gun&sabers an a wand or rod.

HFlowen
Sep 14, 2007, 04:38 PM
Lou is a FiGunTecher.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 14, 2007, 05:35 PM
Or a protecher cause I haven't seen her wield any S ranks yet XD

AzureBlaze
Sep 14, 2007, 06:14 PM
Lou is a SPOILER ALERT...

(But really if you havn't beat offline story mode by now, you need a spoilin')

Lou is a unique type of CAST. You find out offline that there's a whole load of 'her's' with a type of hive mind situation. Different ones specialize in different things, as mentioned by kylie's above post. The odd part is that while she's supposed to not care about sacrificing a body, the body winds up actually caring, as they're a bit more autonomous than anyone (maybe even herself) ever knew or let on. (it cries)

The reason for no real good emotion engine is because there's so many of her, it would klutter up the works and all of her wouldn't run right or something. Maybe emotions eat processor power--it's never explained beyond that.

As for her class nonsense, online ALL people are like that. ANY NPC can whip out a wand and start doing resta--just most of them (ie laia) aren't that liberal with it/don't trigger often. It's because ST knew they would be "Dumb" (as in they knew the ai isn't very good) so they NEED to 'cheat' in order to be useful. Whether or not they accomplish this is a matter of opinion.

And yes, it's a PR nightmare to put a newborn in the counter position, but the Guardians aren't run by CAST PR or AMF or any supremacists, so they likely don't care about CAST reputation as a whole, so long as she can do the job, she can quote All Your Base as much as she likes.

landman
Sep 14, 2007, 06:34 PM
Most CAST are like Lou, emotions are useless to them, she is not the only one "programmed" to do his job, all CASTs have their jobs, but obviously the few ones with emotions think they are superior to the rest of the classes but they still are slaves of their function in the society

lee-san
Sep 21, 2007, 02:34 AM
i'd don't get it she gets to use a double saber. that pisses me off! cast as a set default ranger can use a b-rank wand but can't use a double saber.. that sucks. cast have like -2 TP compared to everyone else in psu... wait oh yeah i forgot about that whole switch thing yeah.. never mind. its just fun ranting.