PDA

View Full Version : Messenger Kit Keyboard incompatable with PSU

Imatron
Sep 14, 2007, 10:32 PM
Well, I picked up what would be an awesome device especialy after my X Box 360 just stopped reconizing all my keyboards:

The X Box 360 messenger kit. Apparently its only for Windows Live Mesenger and other X Box funtions, but when I booted up PSU it doesnt seem to reconize it as a keyboard since it runs through my wireless controler rather than a usb port on the system. Has anyone heard if Microsoft plans to put out a patch or something to to make it work like a regular keyboard during games like PSU?

Anduril
Sep 14, 2007, 10:37 PM
So I guess Monday's update didn't deal with that issue like a few people thought it would....
That kinda sucks. No word from MS on fixing this. My guess is it really doesn't matter to them.

ThaPrez2k5
Sep 14, 2007, 10:37 PM
hopefully they do cause i picked this up too hoping it would play for psu...love the new text thing but hate that its not for psu

BanF
Sep 14, 2007, 10:38 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=43705

Read that, particularly Clumsyorchid's posts. A patch is on its way.

Anduril
Sep 14, 2007, 10:46 PM
Oh goody. I'm sure this will really help improve some communication issues I have experienced while in lobbies with people who are not in my party. Soon the age of the cumbersome on-screen keyboard will be gone!

DarkEliteRico
Sep 14, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-09-14 20:38, BanF wrote:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=43705

Read that, particularly Clumsyorchid's posts. A patch is on its way.

Thanks for the info, i didn't even know this. Guess i can let some of the callers know.

Imatron
Sep 15, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-09-14 20:46, Anduril wrote:
Oh goody. I'm sure this will really help improve some communication issues I have experienced while in lobbies with people who are not in my party. Soon the age of the cumbersome on-screen keyboard will be gone!

That day was over when they released the keyboard for the dreamcast XP

You do know you can use a usb keyboard, at least for the 360 version right? Im not sure about the Ps2 (and didja know "PS2" is scensored on the 360 O_o)version but I imagine it must. Now is the software update for PSU or the 360 itself to use the pad as an in game keyboard, I imagine it must be through microsoft.