PDA

View Full Version : German PSO Clothes- Is this place for real?

AzureBlaze
Sep 14, 2007, 11:08 PM
So I was poking around on the ol' Goole Image search when a pair of fancy underwear comes out. (!) no, I wasn't on a dirty search, I was actually looking for the "Deband" symbol.

Usually underwear=who cares, but this pair had shifta and deband on it. Unable to resist the call of PSO clothes, I went to the site.

This unfindable link line
http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sid=30798&p=3&PHPSESSID=8d4a23082b1f0aca11e96530d79c6c47 is it. It's all in german so you can't really tell if it's still running or what exactly the stuff is all about, but they've applied the official artwork to a bunch of really over-priced items. 40 bucks for a tee? What?

Anyway, if it isn't legal (I can't tell if Sega has anything to do with it or not--all the art is offical/modded though, and some of it actually looks like something they'd do...) then a mod will axe the link (though I don't think anyone will buy that high priced stuffs--euros, yikes!) So is this place for real?

It's just curious that it's out there.

Skuda
Sep 14, 2007, 11:43 PM
Continental Hotpants eh?

Pretty interesting find there. The use of copyrighted IP for profit is illegal, but it was nice to check out what they made for the clothes.

Weeaboolits
Sep 15, 2007, 12:42 AM
The PSO font on one of the shirts looks wrong, as does the seal on half the stuff, it's probly bootleg.

S/D hat is badass, though.

SabZero
Sep 15, 2007, 04:17 AM
I did actualyl notify SEGAs legal department of that store. That was some time ago. If they let 5 years pass and do nothing, they'll in effect lose their trademark of PSO...

Edit: copyright will of course remain. What iffed me about this is that it's just tracing of the official art on the PSO disc, no originality what so ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SabZero on 2007-09-15 02:18 ]</font>