PDA

View Full Version : Telepipes/Ryukers...Does anyone miss them?

Saligun
Sep 15, 2007, 10:37 PM
Telepipes&Ryukers where very usefull in PSO but in PSU it's along slog back to the city if you need to get back in a hurry.Even with block transport crystals it still takes time to find a party in a game or get back to the city and if knowone actovates those crystals then they half to slog all the way through a area or 2 to find the party.So who misses telepipes&Ryukers?

Note...I almost forgot about the ryukers tech it does the same thing as telepipes,so i guess i should add this to the question.(and doesn't take up any space).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-09-16 09:58 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Sep 15, 2007, 10:52 PM
Im alright without them, especially with the change in the expansion where you can warp directly to the lobby from a crystal.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 15, 2007, 10:58 PM
I miss dropping them on dead bodies of the fallen at my feet.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 15, 2007, 11:00 PM
yes i do miss them.
They were quite usefull in pso, but as omegapirate2k said, sega is implementing features in the expansion where we can warp directly back to the lobby from those crystals.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 15, 2007, 11:49 PM
I just want to set a TP and hop out by the shops, then back to the field. Raffon Lakeshore for Crimson is a bitch to walk back to. Setting a TP or casting Ryuker would make me so happy

FisboFuxUup
Sep 16, 2007, 12:14 AM
I miss them too (the crystal is ugly and isnt portable), and the 5th element banker chick.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 16, 2007, 12:24 AM
PSU is actually the first Phantasy Star game to omit a Telepipe.

Yeah, I think it'd be better if we had them. Endlessly.

Aries2384
Sep 16, 2007, 12:24 AM
I do miss telepipes. They were awesome. I say drop the whole crystal thing. Of course.. how would we implement the telepipes into the lobbies? It wouldn't work and we couldn't badger Sega enough to get them to figure a way out either.

A2K
Sep 16, 2007, 12:44 AM
Telepipes, as they were in PSO, wouldn't really work when only the mission fields are instanced and the cities are not. If the item simply returned you to the lobby instantly, I suppose... but I'd question bothering to use an inventory slot for them if that were the case.

omegapirate2k
Sep 16, 2007, 12:47 AM
On 2007-09-15 22:44, A2K wrote:
If the item simply returned you to the lobby instantly, I suppose... but I'd question bothering to use an inventory slot for them if that were the case.

True, the inventory slot usage would be somewhat annoying.

And 3000th post, cool.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 16, 2007, 12:59 AM
I just miss setting the pipes under smashing traps and stuff.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 16, 2007, 01:31 AM
I miss putting them inside other teleporters. :(

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 16, 2007, 01:38 AM
On 2007-09-15 20:58, DarkEliteRico wrote:
I miss dropping them on dead bodies of the fallen at my feet.

Gryffin
Sep 16, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-09-15 23:31, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I miss putting them inside other teleporters. :(

Rainbow puddle, I miss you so... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

beatrixkiddo
Sep 16, 2007, 01:43 AM
Lol, I remember stacking telepipes... looked pretty :O

But I meant putting them inside the warps to go to the next area, etc. People would end up going to town instead of the next place :3

I-am-Evan
Sep 16, 2007, 02:44 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i just miss everything about PSO

AeraLure
Sep 16, 2007, 08:02 AM
I miss them. They were fun. It was a great feeling just to set up a pipe and warp when you wanted. I still chuckle about setting them up in the smashers in Caves when a friend joined and asked for a pipe. Great stuff.

On 2007-09-16 00:44, I-am-Evan wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i just miss everything about PSO

Yeah, cant say I disagree, but the combat system in PSU is great.

guise709
Sep 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
yeah there should be like a telepipe hub in the lobby and from here is where all the telepipes are kept. There is also that common box guy being introduced in the expansion and a robot vendor. Anything else you need to go to the city to get to them.

Greaus
Sep 16, 2007, 08:39 AM
To me that was the 1st big dissapppointment in PSU. Telepipes have been a staple of Phantasy Star games. How Sega/ST could decide to leave them out is beyond me. The new tranport system coming out will be cool, but it's just not the same.

DavidNel
Sep 16, 2007, 08:40 AM
I miss it like a miss my left leg...

(btw, I still have my legs...)

BanF
Sep 16, 2007, 10:20 AM
Telepipes and mags are the only things I miss from PSO. That said I still play PSO.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Sep 16, 2007, 10:29 AM
This thread makes me wanna play PSO for a while, heh.

FisboFuxUup
Sep 16, 2007, 10:33 AM
To make it work, they could just put 6 universal telepipes with the matching color of whoever used that telepipe. So say someone is a light blue, and uses the telepipe (it would be light blue), anyone that gets in that telepipe would port to the universal light blue telepipe in the lobby.

ZodiacNKnight
Sep 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
I miss putting them in the worst place possible. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

No more watching people spawn in Ob Lilly fields... (Sink or Swim, sink or swim...) Hahaha

Saligun
Sep 16, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-09-15 20:37, Saligun wrote:
Telepipes&Ryukers where very usefull in PSO but in PSU it's along slog back to the city if you need to get back in a hurry.Even with block transport crystals it still takes time to find a party in a game or get back to the city and if knowone actovates those crystals then they half to slog all the way through a area or 2 to find the party.So who misses telepipes&Ryukers?

Note...I almost forgot about the ryukers tech it does the same thing as telepipes,so i guess i should add this to the question.(and doesn't take up any space).

Sorry i forgot to add ryukers to the question.

Sinue_v2
Sep 16, 2007, 09:32 PM
It's a simple solution. 1 open telepipe allowed per party. If someone else uses the pipe, or casts Ryuker, then the position of the entrance into the field changes. There would be no entrance from the field lobby. Instead, it would be an option at the Mission Counter.

Or, alternatively, you could have a telepipe visably open in the field lobby that only appears to people in YOUR party. Nobody else would be able to see it or activate your party's pipe.

As far as traveling back and forth between town and the field, well...

http://www.camineet.net/camineet/ps2images/teleport.gif

PSU already remedies this by having a similar concept of allowing your to teleport to lobbies your party is participating in, and in AoI you can just warp to lobbies whenever you wish regardless of whether you have a party or not.