PDA

View Full Version : Lag

ZeroVer01
Sep 16, 2007, 12:58 AM
Anyone else getting any bad lag on the ps2/pc version tonight?

Jakosifer
Sep 16, 2007, 01:30 AM
I had some pretty bad lag, but we were at Falkis S2 and a full party so I guess that should have been expected.

Vuman
Sep 16, 2007, 08:59 AM
I experienced this lag and I was kind of surprised it was happening at 5 AM EST/GMT-7 in the morning. Everything stopped moving and my energy in the weapons was not depleting. I wonder if Sega is doing something that might be the source of all this.

Ash1ey
Sep 16, 2007, 09:03 AM
Yes, very bad lag, and its constnat too

Rashiid
Sep 16, 2007, 09:33 AM
we get lag alot on our side; due to random xbox live laggness....

FEEL T3H PAIN!!

STRANG
Sep 16, 2007, 09:35 AM
yep, the 360 was laggin pretty bad last night.

Alamar
Sep 16, 2007, 04:29 PM
yea I was in a party at Foran last night many times the whole party just froze for 30 seconds or more then things would start up again. Happened all night. friends thought I was d/cing

Turbobrain
Sep 16, 2007, 05:42 PM
Yep.

And today it has been pretty bad to. It has been working ok then it just freezes. I have DC'd once. My friend on PS2 has DC'd about 3 times.

And even he says nit's laggig bad so it must be(him being on PS2 AND being a FT'r!). Something is wrong I think....

Neith
Sep 16, 2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, been lagging like crazy all day... I'm from the UK on PC server.

ZeroVer01
Sep 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
Logged back in today, and I have been lagging again occasionally throughout the last couple of hours. No DCs at least.

Alamar
Sep 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
im on pc server myself my sis on ps2. I am thinking its across the board. Is 360 having lag that bad too? to the point of d/cing?

pikachief
Sep 16, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-09-16 07:33, Rashiid wrote:
we get lag alot on our side; due to random xbox live laggness....

FEEL T3H PAIN!!

lol i was trying to see how many copernia i could get in 1 min and the dum story mission MENU lagged for about half a min! XD

BanF
Sep 16, 2007, 06:46 PM
I played all night and didn't get any lag on the 360; then again I live by California, so I'm closer to the servers.

STRANG
Sep 16, 2007, 06:59 PM
the 360 started laggin @ about 2-3am eastern, pretty consistantly between me and other party members for about 20 seconds a pop.

BanF
Sep 16, 2007, 08:31 PM
Sounds like general Interwebs trouble then. Maybe some mafia launched a DoS attack on some company.

amtalx
Sep 16, 2007, 08:36 PM
My lag was kicking like Van Damme earlier. All fixed now though.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Sep 16, 2007, 09:09 PM
what kinda lag we talkin bout exactly? cuz every screen that comes up takes forever to load:

-I go to warp cube, uni menu takes a bit to load
-Transition screens(basically, just loading screens) stay black for a little while before loading

edit: maintenance i guess, i got d/ced right before i posted

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-09-16 19:10 ]</font>

Gryffin
Sep 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
Me, Basi, and Lu all DC'ed and we can't get back on without DC'ing again...

We thought it was an east coast thing, being as we're all east coast... lol, I guess it isn't though.

Skids
Sep 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
Been lagging all day today and just fewminutes ago got the worse lag spikes of them all which finally ended in a dc with 3 failed reconnects.

Sol-Edge
Sep 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
I just fought De Ragnus and during that fight everything froze up at least 5 times. This lag is kinda ridiculous.

Hath_Wrobo
Sep 16, 2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, same thing for me. My friend who is having no problems though, says universe 1 is losing stars. Down to 4 stars.

GreenArcher
Sep 16, 2007, 09:21 PM
oh no, down to four stars you say?

when was the last time pc/ps2 had 4 stars ;_;

Ithildin
Sep 16, 2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah I'm getting it really bad on my 360. I'm finding it difficult to connect and when I do it takes ages to change server. Dammit! Not tonight! I can't sleep and all I wanna do is play! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Sep 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah I'm getting some really bad lag also. BEFORE some of you say "You always lag", I didn't get lag where everyone would stop in the party and random numbers would keep flashing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 16, 2007, 09:32 PM
I can't login without dc'ing during login or right after doing so

THE JACKEL

BlackHat
Sep 16, 2007, 09:32 PM
Ever get hit by the same polvohra(sp?) 3 times in 5 seconds?

It's terrible.

Im on PC and have never felt such crazy lag.

Every one in my party froze for about 40 seconds roughly 5 times throughout the entire mission.

I wasn't lagging as badly as everyone else in my party though. One FT kept dying from nothing and her scapes took 30 seconds to activate.

Ithildin
Sep 16, 2007, 09:33 PM
I'm on now finally! Come on, don't dc me again! Pwwweeeeaaaseeee!

Hath_Wrobo
Sep 16, 2007, 09:34 PM
Hmm, the official site is also down.

KTani
Sep 16, 2007, 09:41 PM
At first I didn't notice anything because I almost always lag between 6pm - 11pm Central Time (No idea why. I blame my crappy DSL company being too far aways from me) But then when my brother joined me, my PM's damage took forever to show or didn't show at all, enemies were jumping all over the place, and my brother got disconnected. :/

Kufell
Sep 16, 2007, 09:43 PM
I've been experiencing lag spikes too, I had earlier assumed it was just my wireless connection acting up until someone else mentioned it during a run.

ThEoRy
Sep 16, 2007, 09:47 PM
been tryin 2 play 4 like 45 mins now, keep gettin dc'd

Ithildin
Sep 16, 2007, 10:03 PM
yeah this is silly, I keep dcing. Grrrr. Everytime I get back on and think its all ok, I dc gain! How frustrating!

Sychosis
Sep 16, 2007, 10:09 PM
Huge lag spikes all night long along with numerous interrupt requests, server connection failures, and sllllooooooowwww access to the official forums :/

Kion
Sep 16, 2007, 11:13 PM
i had a cool lag experience. was doing dark satelite C to get to the next lobby for a seed awakened S2 party. I'm shooting at a group of mobs, and i'm thinking, "why the hell aren't they taking any damage? the should be dead after one hit." then the screen blonks for a second, i see all of the damage above the enemies' heads (it was alot of numbers), and then all of the monters in the room fall over simulataniously. it was like shinobi.

i wonder what the cause of the lag is tho. i'm on ps2, and i've been dced oce or twice, but i've never seen lag like this before. did ST do something in the update?

BanF
Sep 16, 2007, 11:33 PM
I've been on the official site all day, so no, it's not down and hasn't been at any time. And I just finished playing and no lag of any kind.
All of you who're experiencing lag, can you say where you are? East Coast, West Coast, EU, etc.?

BlackHat
Sep 16, 2007, 11:38 PM
I haven't felt any lag in the past hour.

Phantomface
Sep 16, 2007, 11:40 PM
it takes about 45 seconds for me to type anything....demn you Xbox live

MT7218
Sep 16, 2007, 11:44 PM
Two nights in a row I got lag. Twice I got disconnected by this lag, a D/C for each day. Damage numbers, PP used, and the like, didn't go off right away: I had to wait a few seconds before it all regestered, just like everyone else so far has reported here. It was sometime around 9 to 11 PM central time for each instince: And for Ban, I live in the Midwest, in Wisconsin.

omegapirate2k
Sep 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
DOOM IS UPON US, PANNIIIIIC!!!

*panics*

Alamar
Sep 17, 2007, 12:42 AM
Im on east coast pc my sis is east coast ps2 we where just in dark satalite b3 got dc/d but this lag has been bad for 2 days now. The screen just stops from 20 secs to 1 min. then it comes back and it like Kion said its weird. really frustrating when I am trying to level I only need 30k tnl. What is going on?

ZeroVer01
Sep 17, 2007, 01:10 AM
Trust me, it is the game servers, I am also downloading a few videos at 800 kb/sec on my laptop. That, and after talking to some friends in game, who live all over the u.s., we are all lagging.

Marron_Shido
Sep 17, 2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah LAG is no fun, several of my friends kept getting dced at the Seed Awakened Mission, it was a real pain keeping a full S2 party *sighs*

Syl
Sep 17, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-09-16 21:33, BanF wrote:
I've been on the official site all day, so no, it's not down and hasn't been at any time. And I just finished playing and no lag of any kind.
All of you who're experiencing lag, can you say where you are? East Coast, West Coast, EU, etc.?

Well, I live IN California (near Los Angeles), and I have been getting lag since yesterday. It's not bad enough to DC, but it's bad enough to get constant lag (something like 7 seconds tops, but usually a sec or two). It just comes in cycles all night and doesn't really go away >.>

BanF
Sep 17, 2007, 02:20 AM
Then it's a case of My ISP > Your ISP, since I'm all the way in Mexicali, Mexico, and no lag nowhere :3

Syl
Sep 17, 2007, 02:32 AM
Actually it's ONLY PSU that is lagging. I'm still able to download/browse at my top speeds <_<

IsoDonk
Sep 17, 2007, 03:56 AM
Yeah, I was having similar yesterday on the 360 servers. 'Only' three interrupt requests...

Everything would be fine for about 30 minutes, then all of a sudden my teammates would appear to stop moving, any friendly or enemy attacks would do no damage and then when the game 'caught up' with itself all the damage would be applied in one big lump.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IsoDonk on 2007-09-17 02:01 ]</font>

STRANG
Sep 17, 2007, 07:03 AM
glad 2 hear its not just me. two nites in a row i dced, load screen lagged and 30 second in game lagged all nite long. boo fuckin boo. East coast 360 btw.

ThEoRy
Sep 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah I live in New Jerz and several of my friends in Hawaii were having a terrible time getting a party started so it's not a location thing. We would all drop at the same time even. as Sychosis said official forums and even sega's own main site and game sites were as slow as ice skatin uphill! So who the hell knows what happened. I just hope it's over as it ruined my experience yest.

BanF
Sep 17, 2007, 11:27 PM
The thing is, LIVE servers are not SEGA game servers, and the SEGA game servers do not host the official site. If people are having trouble with all three, then something else is up.

Alamar
Sep 17, 2007, 11:38 PM
Its GRM they uploaded the virus to are computers the will attack when we go to sleep one night. RUNNNNNNNNN

bloodflowers
Sep 18, 2007, 06:53 AM
Lag ever since Sunday. Sometimes it just pauses for a while (20 seconds at one point), sometimes people disconnect, sometimes their 360 freezes entirely. Many people reporting the same issue. Additionally we saw someones character get corrupted last night, which I'd assume is related somehow.

HyperShot-X-
Sep 18, 2007, 12:03 PM
It seems server lag was fixed last nite it was much better when i played online. BTW, I did submit feedback on the official forum 2 days ago, not sure how many of you did. Not sure if there was any official announcement by Sega either...

*I'm on 360 if that matters at all,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HyperShot-X- on 2007-09-18 10:11 ]</font>

NexGen
Sep 18, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-09-18 04:53, bloodflowers wrote:
Lag ever since Sunday. Sometimes it just pauses for a while (20 seconds at one point), sometimes people disconnect, sometimes their 360 freezes entirely. Many people reporting the same issue. Additionally we saw someones character get corrupted last night, which I'd assume is related somehow.

Sounds like something straight outta .//Hack

HFlowen
Sep 18, 2007, 04:09 PM
I got alot of lag today during a de-ragnus run. Two players got disconnected mid mission.

I actually had something really cool happen to me during the boss fight. I died from the ragnus with an earth muktrand in hand, and when I revived..I had my Light muktrand in hand.

...My light muktrand wasn't even on my pallet. It dissapeared after about ten seconds though.

My party was too busy calling me a liar and said the weapon color didn't load but I went into my items and actually had my light muktrand equipped (blue mark next to it.)

bloodflowers
Sep 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
I was firing neutral bullets allegedly which turned the right colour somewhat later in the mission. Tonight has been terrible despite it seeming as if they'd fixed it.

Fatima
Sep 18, 2007, 08:01 PM
I lagged alot on the 15th, and dc'ed once. Today I got Dc'ed as soon as I logged on. XD And then again 20min later in the middle of a mission. Before and after the second disconnection I had tons of lag, where damage numbers wouldn't show up, boxes wouldn't smash open, and charging at the cube or talking to npcs took for ever to start. D= Its horrid.
I hope this isn't a result of the latest update.

Sharkyland
Sep 18, 2007, 08:20 PM
I got the lag pretty bad on the 15th. I seem to get a lot of 'server interrupt request' today now.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
yeah, I remember. The lag was so bad I froze in a tech animation.

SStrikerR
Sep 20, 2007, 04:35 PM
yep, i got it too, it was all of us for a while.
first i was in hsm and all 4 of us seemed like we were dcing and were typing our, farewell messages, but we all lived, and made it out with an A rank thanks to being immoble for the last 5 mins.
then me van, shliggy, and vr raiden were doin mad creatures SSSSSSS, and it was nuts.

VanHalen
Sep 20, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-09-20 14:35, Ryan113 wrote:
yep, i got it too, it was all of us for a while.
first i was in hsm and all 4 of us seemed like we were dcing and were typing our, farewell messages, but we all lived, and made it out with an A rank thanks to being immoble for the last 5 mins.
then me van, shliggy, and vr raiden were doin mad creatures SSSSSSS, and it was nuts.

Off topic but sorry you weren't able to do RELICS S with us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyway PSU is a weird game. Latley with the lag I haven't gotten any slowdown in the game. Then last night I started getting slowdown but no lag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I think it was because one of the party members was wearing a Garment Aura.