PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: any news on the death update

eightball
Sep 16, 2007, 08:52 AM
Has anyone heard anything about when we are going to get the update which makes dying not affect grade?

Shishi-O
Sep 16, 2007, 09:27 AM
mums the word.

Broodstar1337
Sep 16, 2007, 09:47 AM
When Microsoft feels like certifying it.

BanF
Sep 16, 2007, 10:17 AM
If it is indeed that. I've yet to hear from someone with proper authority (say, the official forums' Clumsyorchid) say that it is an issue with MS certification.

pikachief
Sep 16, 2007, 10:21 AM
On 2007-09-16 08:17, BanF wrote:
If it is indeed that. I've yet to hear from someone with proper authority (say, the official forums' Clumsyorchid) say that it is an issue with MS certification.

im pretty sure HE did say that but im too lazy to check

eightball
Sep 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
its so hard to find a party across the different worlds now i'd like to be able to use my pm's on s2 and still get a s rank

Indica
Sep 16, 2007, 01:19 PM
I cant believe Microsoft is saying this is an issue. It's gonna be interesting to see what they say what can and can't be done for Unreal Tournament 3 compared with the PS3

zandra117
Sep 16, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-09-16 08:17, BanF wrote:

I just looked through all of clumsyorchid and eggshen's posts on the official boards and they made no posts about the patch having to be certified by Microsoft. That was made up by a player.

eggshen wrote:
it basically comes down to a decision by the designers of what the game is/is not supposed to have.

if they decide its unneccessary, it most likely wont happen. if they decide its something the game needs, they might work on it.

until then though, theres really nothing going on and not much to discuss.

It seems that sonicteam didn't think about the 360 version when they made the patch and thus no patch was made for us 360ers. We got shafted again.

-Crokar-
Sep 16, 2007, 04:00 PM
i dont call it shafted at all. the deatch patch is f***ing retarded. am i the only one who thinks that

zandra117
Sep 16, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-09-16 14:00, -Crokar- wrote:
i dont call it shafted at all. the deatch patch is f***ing retarded. am i the only one who thinks that

you and about 3 others.

Alamar
Sep 16, 2007, 06:05 PM
I am on the pc server but. this just don't seem right that the death penalty is held up by MS. not right that one server don't have it and the others do. just giving my support to other players here no matter what system u play on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Sep 16, 2007, 06:08 PM

i like the PC version MUCH MUCH better than 360 just because of that patch! if my dad didnt play the 360 version i'd move to PC because of that patch.

I DO NOT being yelled at then humiliated, then booted because i died on my way out to get another scape doll cuz of too many megids, or i took a break and came back and forgot to buy scpaes and die.

chu-chu-chu
Sep 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
from [email protected]:

There’s not much our group can pass along when we don’t have final dates. I can tell you that a patch is being worked on for release on Xbox 360 to address the death penalty. We know there are a few major issues/requests within the community and when we have information that we can post, we will post it.

We are not withholding information with the intent to harm our playerbase, consider that there are other factors at play that prevent us from responding or announcing a release of this type. I hope that knowing the patch is forthcoming answers this question to your satisfaction.

Thanks,

SEGA SupportThat's what they told me when I contacted them.

BanF
Sep 16, 2007, 06:16 PM
I've already expressed my opinion on the patch multiple times, am not about to again.

What I find amusing is that people choose to believe the rumor that is MS' fault, even though it has been proven to be but a rumor in this thread, just so they have someone to blame/thanks for not getting this update yet.

pikachief
Sep 16, 2007, 06:17 PM
well now we have sega to blame?? O.o

Kimil
Sep 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-09-16 14:02, zandra117 wrote:

you and about 3 others.

Mayyyyybe 5?

Giresta being useful, For the Win

eightball
Sep 16, 2007, 06:26 PM
its not a big deal except for when soloing to me