PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Why is this version, so hard to find?

Zantra
Sep 16, 2007, 11:38 PM
I went to seven different stores in the past 2 days, and they had plenty of PS2 copies of PSU(which I already have), and a few PC copies. But, I haven't been able to find any Xbox 360 copies (The version I want to play online). So, I was wondering...

Where did you buy your Xbox 360 copy?

After the 7th store, I ended up buying Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion: GOTY Edition. (Great Game, but I really wanted PSU)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
Because the 360 version actually sells.

Very few new players come to the PC/PS2 side, and most of them just pirate the PC version.

-Tidus_415-
Sep 16, 2007, 11:42 PM
You'll most likely only be able to find it used at a Gamestop.

omegapirate2k
Sep 16, 2007, 11:43 PM
I found it easily at an EB games.

EDIT: And this was recently, too, because I needed to replace my disk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-09-16 21:43 ]</font>

Zantra
Sep 16, 2007, 11:55 PM
I guess, to help, I should list the 7 stores I went to...

1. Fry's Electronics (Huge selection, I usually find rare games, they had 15 copies of the PS2 version, and 8 of the PC version, when I was there)

2. Target (They had 1 copy of PS2, and 4 copies of PC)

3. Walmart (No copies, at all, of any version)

4. Gamespot (Only Used PS2, and new PC copies)

5. EB Games (Same as Gamespot)

6. Toys R Us (No copies)

7. fye (1 new copy of PS2, 2 used copies of PS2)

I may just have to go to San Francisco... I found a used copy of PSO for Gamecube, at a Gamespot there. They have them all over the place, and a really big 3 story Toys R Us.

(I went to Best Buy, which is where I got Oblivion, and they had empty boxes, that you take to the register, to get your game. And, they had 3 Xbox 360 PSU cases, so I took one up there, hoping to get a copy, and the girl told me, that they haven't got a shipment of the game in, for almost 3 months.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-09-16 22:04 ]</font>

BanF
Sep 17, 2007, 12:04 AM
I found my copy rather easily at Walmart, and this was around 6 months after game launch. You could always have Walmart ship it to the closest store by online service, or buy it online outright.

Zantra
Sep 17, 2007, 12:09 AM
I almost think that I'll have to buy it online, the only problem, is that all of my mail, is sent to a PO box (due to mail theft/identity theft), and most places don't ship to PO boxes.

I work at a mall, which has a Best Buy, a Circuit City, and 2 Gamestops, so i'm going to look there, when I work on Monday. The Gamecrazy where I found Xbox 360 PSU for $20, hasn't had a copy of the game in for 2 months, new or used)

Midicronica
Sep 17, 2007, 12:16 AM
Got my 2nd copy of the game off of Ebay for 15 bucks. I had no idea they were so hard to find in stores.

Zantra
Sep 17, 2007, 12:38 AM
They are, and you think that they'd be easier to find, since it's a popular title.

mvffin
Sep 17, 2007, 12:52 AM
i dunno where you guys live, but i see them all over the place here in san diego. new and used.

BanF
Sep 17, 2007, 01:20 AM
So ask Walmart to get a copy for you. Like buying online, but no shipping costs.

funnymatt
Sep 17, 2007, 01:23 AM
You could call the store ahead of time and save yourself a trip.

APEXi
Sep 17, 2007, 01:27 AM
since you obviously have a computer with internet access why not look up some online retailers

Syl
Sep 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
ebay, you can get it cheap <.<

(and pc/ps2 is getting lots of new players lately btw)

Sterisk
Sep 17, 2007, 06:17 AM
I got a new one at gamestop not even a month ago.

_tsunami
Sep 17, 2007, 08:38 AM
My friend found my PSU 360 in the bargain bin at EB for almost 1/4 of its original price apparently the 360 version didn't sell here as well and EB just want to get rid of it. Probably making room for halo3. The PS2/PC version is still found on the shelf. And altho it might not sell elsewhere the PS2/PC version is the best selling version in japan its even gone platinum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _tsunami on 2007-09-17 06:45 ]</font>

BanF
Sep 17, 2007, 08:52 AM
I somehow don't think it's a surprise that a Japanese game for a Japanese system is a hit in Japan, in comparison with the same game for a foreign system. "Proudly made in XXX" is not a US catchphrase, you know?

MrNomad
Sep 17, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-09-17 06:52, BanF wrote:
I somehow don't think it's a surprise that a Japanese game for a Japanese system is a hit in Japan, in comparison with the same game for a foreign system. "Proudly made in XXX" is not a US catchphrase, you know?

Nope, but it is true, the pc/ps2 psu games sell greatly compared to the 360 ones selled here.

BanF
Sep 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-09-17 07:52, MrNomad wrote:

On 2007-09-17 06:52, BanF wrote:

Nope, but it is true, the pc/ps2 psu games sell greatly compared to the 360 ones selled here.

My point is that's is so obvious it's not noteworthy, much less pertinent to the topic.

JAFO22000
Sep 17, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-09-16 21:55, Zantra wrote:

1. Fry's Electronics (Huge selection, I usually find rare games, they had 15 copies of the PS2 version, and 8 of the PC version, when I was there)

6. Toys R Us (No copies)

I may just have to go to San Francisco... I found a used copy of PSO for Gamecube, at a Gamespot there. They have them all over the place, and a really big 3 story Toys R Us.

(I went to Best Buy, which is where I got Oblivion, and they had empty boxes, that you take to the register, to get your game. And, they had 3 Xbox 360 PSU cases, so I took one up there, hoping to get a copy, and the girl told me, that they haven't got a shipment of the game in, for almost 3 months.)

Did you go to the Fry's in Concord? I was just there two weeks ago, and they had about 10 copies. Maybe they sold out since then?

Soulvayne
Sep 17, 2007, 12:11 PM
Couldn't you just go into your local ebgames/gamestop etc and see if they can order you a copy of the game via special order? You might have to pay for it all at once but I dont' see why a store couldn't order it for you.

haruna
Sep 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
A friend got the 360 version at K-mart for 15 dollars in South Carolina. This was a month or so ago.

Zantra
Sep 17, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-09-17 08:32, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-09-16 21:55, Zantra wrote:

6. Toys R Us (No copies)

Did you go to the Fry's in Concord? I was just there two weeks ago, and they had about 10 copies. Maybe they sold out since then?

Yeah, I was there on Saturday, September 15th.

Zantra
Sep 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
UPDATE: I found new copies of PSU for Xbox 360 today, @ Game Crazy.
They cost $25, so i'm going to be buying it there, when I get payed on Friday.
I'll keep people updated, about when I get online.

omegapirate2k
Sep 17, 2007, 05:06 PM
Congrats, that sounded like a pain in the ass XD

youthisoverrated
Sep 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
both copies at amazon.com. not to mention they have it realitivly cheap too XP

ThEoRy
Sep 17, 2007, 06:50 PM
yeah what's that new Amazon thing I heard about? Apparently they created this place just yesterday and it's so brand new that barely anyone even knows about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously, having the internets at your fingertips and having "trouble" finding any product, especially a popular software title, is like goin to the beach and askin,
"Anybody know where I can find some sand?"

omegapirate2k
Sep 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-09-17 16:50, ThEoRy wrote:
yeah what's that new Amazon thing I heard about? Apparently they created this place just yesterday and it's so brand new that barely anyone even knows about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously, having the internets at your fingertips and having "trouble" finding any product, especially a popular software title, is like goin to the beach and askin,
"Anybody know where I can find some sand?"

To be fair, it's much quicker to just pick it up at a nearby store than to order it online and wait for them to ship it over to you, especially if its a weekend.

ThEoRy
Sep 17, 2007, 07:04 PM
that's true, but if you're driving all around town from store to store wasting time and gas money....
Plus I picked up several copies of PSU360 for friends of mine on Amazon for like 15$ a piece months ago when they were still goin for 59.99 at retail.
I guess it all comes down to weather or not you're the type o person who can wait the 5 business days in order to save the 75% off.
I know I can.

PALRAPPYS
Sep 17, 2007, 07:39 PM
Interesting.

I just went to GameStop to see what's up with Eternal Sonata (they're getting it tomorrow...) and I checked to see if they had any PSU's for 360 in. Actually, they had a few. O_o

Zantra
Sep 18, 2007, 12:22 AM
I guess i'm not very lucky... but i'm willing to pay $25 for the game, since I spent $50 on the PS2 version, when it came out. And, then another $50 on the PC version (but had to take it back, because my laptop broke. So, like I said, i'll be getting it on friday, when I get payed again. And, i'll post a thread, letting people know, when I go online with it.

D1ABOLIK
Sep 18, 2007, 01:26 AM
On 2007-09-16 21:38, Zantra wrote:
I went to seven different stores in the past 2 days, and they had plenty of PS2 copies of PSU(which I already have), and a few PC copies. But, I haven't been able to find any Xbox 360 copies (The version I want to play online). So, I was wondering...

After the 7th store, I ended up buying Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion: GOTY Edition. (Great Game, but I really wanted PSU)

Bought mine at gamestop used.They had 3 total.You didnt entirely get shafted though.Oblivion is a much better game anyways.

________
VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/)

Zantra
Sep 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, Oblivion is cool, but i'd like to start playing PSU online, before AOI comes out.

Ryno
Sep 18, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-09-16 21:38, Zantra wrote:

I prebooked it before it came out.

EngelBlut
Sep 19, 2007, 12:25 AM
some states its harder to find then others it turns out, it had to do with some shiping error in the beginning of the lanch or something like that