PDA

View Full Version : Help keeping my low level friends

BigBadWolf
Sep 17, 2007, 05:57 PM
Hey I need some help. I finally managed to convince to of my good friends to play with me in PSU (they liked my videos) but I'm having difficulties keeping there interests up. The main issue is that they have extreme difficulties finding decent parties when I'm not online. I've showed them HSM, but it's really difficult for them to get S in it without my heals and buffs, and I've shown them Duels in the Ruins, but after 20 levels of that, their really getting sick of it.

I've already lost one of my friends, and I'm doing my best to keep the interests of my other friend who is a level 26 Beast Fortefighter now.

My question is, are there any locations that's not Duel in the Ruins my friend can spam missions? Especially A rank ones?
Also is there anything fun that my friends can do on PSU while I'm offline that I haven't already mentioned? I've already shown them the My room stuff, the clothes shopping, the online story missions. I helped them already get their advance jobs and racial abilities (SUVs and Nanoblast), and I synth their melee weapons for them so they always have decent gear.

What else can I do to keep them playing, especially when I'm not online myself?

Ryna
Sep 17, 2007, 06:10 PM
Have you tried taking your friend out to Agata on Neudaiz yet? I find that to be a pretty decent area to play when you are in your mid-20s. Holy Grounds gives decent exp. Alternate between it and Forest Infiltration looking for a Degahna Cannon.

As for being offline, there isn't much you can do about that. Your friend will need to find some other parties to join.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 17, 2007, 07:43 PM
If he doesn't enjoy it, don't force him to play it.

KOS-MOSII
Sep 17, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'll help your friend out. What's their character name???

BigBadWolf
Sep 17, 2007, 09:37 PM
My friends name is Prowess. Well I'm not forcing my anybody to play PSU, but if there was someway they can enjoy it without me being there, I'd like to know.

It seems to me that this is really a community issue, I mean how long do new players even last in this game? I'm doing my best to help my friends out but what about the new players that have nobody?

How is this game going to survive if the game turns off potential new players? You don't have to answer that last one.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 17, 2007, 09:41 PM
My suggestion is that you build their enthusiasm up for finding particular rare boards, and keep them hunting for those. There's plenty of rares to hunt for, and then rare materials once you've got the boards. That's precisely the allure that kept PSO going for its five-year run.

Morganna
Sep 17, 2007, 10:09 PM
I know how you feel. Compared to other games, this one feels like it goes almost nowhere after you hit the level cap, it's just spamming the same missions over and over again. In a long term view, what will this profit me?

But I have some newfound enthusiasm: I finally found a style for a character that I actually enjoy. You can check Ryuki's phasion thread, or the url in my sig to see. Now I'm running her through all the story missions. And I plan to update her PM to 424, independent + uber axe = yum. New name too, probably. I'm taking suggestions.

Complex_Jao
Sep 17, 2007, 10:25 PM
I can do sum runs with sum noobs...if ur on the 360 btw HSM SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Complex_Jao on 2007-09-17 20:27 ]</font>

Complex_Jao
Sep 17, 2007, 10:28 PM
HSM IS Y PEOPLE QUIT!!!

Parn
Sep 17, 2007, 10:29 PM
People are quitting because I haven't been around as much to strut my stuff. I must apologize!

Morganna
Sep 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah...with HSM, it's tricky because you only have room for one freeloader (no offense, but if you're below level 20 you cannot contribute gainfully to DPS unless you're skilled and highly twinked out...as one who likes to freeload HSM with lower characters, I know this all too well), because of the randomized last block, if two freeloaders end up there, they will not be able to kill their mobs fast enough, and might even die.

And on XBox, I hear you even have to pay high levels to take you through.

Complex_Jao
Sep 17, 2007, 10:32 PM
noobs...

Parn
Sep 17, 2007, 10:33 PM
I haven't done HSM in weeks! We should become close friends. Really, really close. <3

Anduril
Sep 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-09-17 20:30, Morganna wrote:
Yeah...with HSM, it's tricky because you only have room for one freeloader (no offense, but if you're below level 20 you cannot contribute gainfully to DPS unless you're skilled and highly twinked out...as one who likes to freeload HSM with lower characters, I know this all too well), because of the randomized last block, if two freeloaders end up there, they will not be able to kill their mobs fast enough, and might even die.

And on XBox, I hear you even have to pay high levels to take you through.

Actually the last block isn't randomized. The door before entering the temple area determines who goes where. 1 and 3 go to the Kagajibari side, and 2 and 4 go to the side with the Fire Gohmons.
And the payment is a thing that I have seen where the low level states: "Will pay 10000meseta to leader if I die." But I have only seen this happen in a few instances.

Complex_Jao, I must know. Why do you hate HSM with such passion?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-09-17 20:37 ]</font>

Morganna
Sep 17, 2007, 10:51 PM
Okay, so two freeloaders can go, if at least the leader is smart enough to stack the group appropriately. But it's still not like De Ragan or something where one mid-high level can 5 freeloaders through http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BigBadWolf
Sep 17, 2007, 11:05 PM
Oh I'm on PC/PS2 side btw, I know that's not helping the situation any but I don't want to focus too much on that aspect.

I don't think the rares thing is a good selling point, because my friend was sick of raiding in WoW and FFXI for rares. I mean if it'll keep them interested I'll tell them about it, but if they find out how horrible getting rares in PSU is I'm afraid that only make them quit faster X_X.

Thank you for the HSM tip btw, I didn't know that.

Morganna
Sep 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, honestly I'm not playing to get a full pallete of S ranks. Other people can waste their lives hunting them, I might not do it at all unless it's just to play with friends who are.

BigBadWolf
Sep 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
Oh also, are there interesting rares that aren't crazy to get? Like my friend got a De Ragnus dorso and wanted to collect the rest of them to make a De Ragnus figure? Imo the drop rate for the dorso is pretty bad, but not intolerable. Are their any quality boards, decoration with a similiar drop rate me and my friend can hunt for? Plus points if they drop in A rank or lower missions.

Kylie
Sep 18, 2007, 02:56 PM
If they don't enjoy, you can't really help it. In my opinion, you've been doing the best job you can. :/ Try getting them hyped up for AOI, so maybe they'll stay for that or at least get interested in it.

BigBadWolf
Sep 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
bah nevermind I lost them both. ;_;

/sadness

RegulusHikari
Sep 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-09-17 17:43, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
If he doesn't enjoy it, don't force him to play it.