PDA

View Full Version : PSU: HPC/SPS Question

WolfBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 02:43 AM
Well I think I saw a post about this a long time ago, but i cant find it.Anyways for people than use both of this unit, Which of these would you prefer.I know the pros/cons of both but I just want opinion.

Thxs

Xaeris
Sep 18, 2007, 02:51 AM
The HPC is a great unit if you're going with a moderate to large sized team (4-6) to most areas. It's only when more of the work is shoveled onto your shoulders does the extra PP cost really start to get to you. For example, in a team of 3 doing HIVE, I simply cannot wear the thing; I'd have to go back twice every block. Doing something simpler, or going with more people however, I can make 10 charges last through the entire mission without having to go to excessively great lengths.

Now, the SPS...um, well, it's okay. I mean, it's probably fine on a FI, but I used to use it with my fF/PT and...yeah, no. Sure, it's fine in Plains Overlord, but that 80 ATA hit really starts to hurt as you move up the ladder. Not only do the 0s cut into your overall damage, making for less of a net increase, but those 0s will pop up at times you'd really rather they didn't; like when you're trying to knock up a buffed olghomon about to toss you a snowball.

Overall: I like the HPC better, especially on a fF and their PP reduction, but even that needs to be taken off now and then. Cati ftw.

WolfBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 03:56 AM
anyone else

Hrith
Sep 18, 2007, 05:26 AM
SPS = cast Fortegunners

Cati = others

HPC = junk

CelestialBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 05:40 AM
SPS = any Ranger class. My Newearl Guntecher certainly doesn't feel that -80 ATA at all.

For anyone else I recommend Cati / Power.

bloodflowers
Sep 18, 2007, 07:04 AM
SPS is best for gunners up to a point. Try going to Hive S2 and using your rifle and switching between the two units. The evasion of the enemies there is such that the -80 ATA is very, very obvious on certain weapons. I've started to take the unit off in favour of Mega/Power unless there's Zodial/Zodiaride available. My character is level 95.

WolfBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 02:26 PM
Looking good guys, lets c wat else

Dragwind
Sep 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
As said before, I'd only recommend SPS on a gunner, and if you're using higher acc weapons.

For HPC however, I feel its great when used with higher PP weapons, or lower PP cost pa's.

Lyrise
Sep 18, 2007, 03:29 PM
New system update (currently on Japanese server) makes HPC a rather useful unit for hunter types, since you can always make up the extra PP usage with a few normal attacks.

omegapirate2k
Sep 18, 2007, 03:43 PM
Personally, I dislike any unit where I have to sacrifice some existing stat I have to get a boost in another stat.

Out of all the rare arm units, I'd most like to have a Cati power at the moment, because as a male beast fighgunner, I need all the accuracy and uses out of PP that I can get.

pionear
Sep 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-09-18 03:26, Hrith wrote:
SPS = cast Fortegunners

Cati = others

HPC = junk

Yeah, I want the Cati as well...Did anyone on the PS2/PC servers find it yet?

And nice sig pic, BTW.

WolfBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-09-18 16:00, pionear wrote:

On 2007-09-18 03:26, Hrith wrote:
SPS = cast Fortegunners

Cati = others

HPC = junk

Yeah, I want the Cati as well...Did anyone on the PS2/PC servers find it yet?

And nice sig pic, BTW.

Yep I noe at 4 ppl dat use them

Turbobrain
Sep 19, 2007, 02:28 AM
I use one on my FT'r(with bow) and it's pretty cool. At lvl 94 and a Ulteru grinded to 8 I xan hit about 70/80. But the accuracy does go down slightly(a few more 0's). I'd still FAR rather have it than not.

On my Beast when using him as a FG IMO it's GREAT! I would far rather have this tgab the HPC becuase PP is at a premium.

Though I'd far rather have the Cati:)

SarinSerafi
Sep 19, 2007, 03:10 AM
I use HPC on my Beast FF when I'm in larger parties, as Xaeris has mentioned - since you have other people contributing to damage, you can afford to use up some extra PP for more power. Otherwise, I use Giga/Skill PP Save.

On my Cast Fortegunner, I use SPS. I do see slightly more zeroes, but they're not enough to have me stop using it - the power boost is just too great. I tried SPS on my Beast, and while ok, the 0's are more noticeable there. I'd rather use Giga Skill.

My goal is to get a Cati/Power for my Beast FF, and use that along with the Giga Skill. Still hunting for one! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WolfBlade
Sep 20, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-09-19 01:10, SarinSerafi wrote:
I use HPC on my Beast FF when I'm in larger parties, as Xaeris has mentioned - since you have other people contributing to damage, you can afford to use up some extra PP for more power. Otherwise, I use Giga/Skill PP Save.

On my Cast Fortegunner, I use SPS. I do see slightly more zeroes, but they're not enough to have me stop using it - the power boost is just too great. I tried SPS on my Beast, and while ok, the 0's are more noticeable there. I'd rather use Giga Skill.

My goal is to get a Cati/Power for my Beast FF, and use that along with the Giga Skill. Still hunting for one! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Great answer, I think I like HPC cuz id rather waste PP than see alot of zero.Plus I play more FF and FT so HPC woks for both of them.