PDA

View Full Version : Petition for an expantion on available character slots

Niloklives
Sep 18, 2007, 04:58 AM
This is a petition. if you are posting in the thread for any reason other than to sign, you will be reported for trolling. feel free to leave a comment when you sign, but please keep it short. thank you for your support

This is very straight forward. nay sayers need not post reply or otherwise. It's been argued that additional character slots are not being considered for the US/EU expansion of PSU due to the fact that we never were beset by over population and therefore not forced to deal with the "two worlds"; which of course means they'd never be merged and subsequently, only have what we start with.

This aspect of the argument I understand fully and so there is no point in posting ridiculous comments rudely reiterating what we all already know.

The issue here is that many of us having come from PSO where there were at most 12 class/race/gender combinations to chose from and even then we felt 4 characters were too few and bought additional memory cards to expand our slots.

Now with PSU released and AoI on the horizon, there are 4 races, 2 genders and 9 Advanced classes to choose from. with all the other customization options available, those of us who felt limited before are feeling down right claustrophobic now.

offering additional character slots is an enhancement which no one would meet any form of suffering as a result and many would benefit from. that is to say, you either gain from this feature or you do not. No one loses anything by character slots being added.

On the contrary, I know people who have quit or have been put off by the very limitation, either cutting down their play time significantly, or in many cases, not subscribing to the only portion all together.

I believe this would actually help generate revenue for ST and help many people adapt to the ever growing world and expansive customization options theis game provides us.

Server costs taken into consideration I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small fee per character slot to add to the original 4, seeing as how we all bought memory cards for this feature in the past this is hardly any different and I think many would agree.

That said I implore all readers to sign this petition for the sake of themselves or their friends, or for nothing else the community which we are all a part of. Thank you for your time.

We the undersigned do hereby request that Sonic Team and/or Sega of America make available to us: clients and patrons of the online game, Phantasy Star Universe, additional character slots to exceed the four provided at the time of this game's launch:

Niloklives

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-18 20:53 ]</font>

Syl
Sep 18, 2007, 05:04 AM
I want more slots cause I keep deleting my joke char and making a serious char, and vice versa <_<

Zantra
Sep 18, 2007, 05:06 AM
While, it's a nice idea... a few members, of one Phantasy Star message board, aren't going to get Sonic Team to support this game, anymore then they have supported any other PSO game in the past. We should be lucky for what we have, and be glad that they let us have 4 characters, as opposed to the 1 that you get, when you play Final Fantasy 11. It's true, they have to pay a dollar extra, per extra character, per month, even if they don't play those characters, all the time.

Niloklives
Sep 18, 2007, 05:45 AM
thanks for the vote of negativity..lets keep a positive attitude and just try.

CelestialBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 05:50 AM
Technically you can buy more character slots. Sign up for two accounts.

Lisandrina
Sep 18, 2007, 05:51 AM
I hope this happens http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Broodstar1337
Sep 18, 2007, 08:42 AM
Here's why this will never happen:

Luck: You have four available characters; odds are you didn't just create four male Casts. You got characters of all styles. In the event that luck actually starts to mean something in AoI, this could be seen as an exploit to get teh uber rarz. Assuming all of your characters are different, you got pretty decent odds of at least getting luck every day.

Character Classes: Like I mentioned earlier, odds are your characters are all different. I'm not proposing something so drastic as to make a Fortetecher go Fighgunner or anything, but you can easily do that. You can switch your character class at a moment's notice, given you meet class requirements. Especially since you can convert learned PAs back into PA discs.

Reipard
Sep 18, 2007, 08:45 AM
This is not a Poll!! Posting in this tread is the equivalent of signing no matter what you say.

I'll sign, but this statement pretty much voids any kind of validity this petition may have (not to mention it's pretty lame); because there is no way to tell 100% if all the signatures are willing or intended.

Rashiid
Sep 18, 2007, 08:52 AM
i dont think we need more then 4 characters.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 18, 2007, 08:53 AM
Meh, I'll sign. I mean, if they don't give us four more character slots, I won't cry over it, but if they do, it can only be good. So why not? If they give us 4 more slots, I'll think its pretty cool.

drizzle
Sep 18, 2007, 09:23 AM
Signed, of course. Would be stupid not to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lisandrina
Sep 18, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-09-18 06:42, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Here's why this will never happen:

Luck: You have four available characters; odds are you didn't just create four male Casts. You got characters of all styles. In the event that luck actually starts to mean something in AoI, this could be seen as an exploit to get teh uber rarz. Assuming all of your characters are different, you got pretty decent odds of at least getting luck every day.

Character Classes: Like I mentioned earlier, odds are your characters are all different. I'm not proposing something so drastic as to make a Fortetecher go Fighgunner or anything, but you can easily do that. You can switch your character class at a moment's notice, given you meet class requirements. Especially since you can convert learned PAs back into PA discs.

So only international players would do this and not the Japanese who will get 8 character slots? Kinda makes that argument moot. :/

Vashyron
Sep 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Signed! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

redroses
Sep 18, 2007, 12:11 PM
signed!

I really hope we will get more character slots.
6 would be ok too.

I like switching between my four charas I have.
But with the new classes coming and so I would really love to try out different classes.
But I do not want to change the classes of my other charas. I'm just not to fond of one character having three different classes or so.
I design them all on the class they are based. (maybe boring for some. but I love to play this way =3 )

And I truly don't understand why people are so negative about this?
I think they should at least sign this so the people that want it can have it.
(if there would be something others want, which wouldnt effect me or change the way i have to play the game. i'd be all for it). I mean. No one would force you to use the other chara slots.

So please please think about it. I would truly be happy if this happens and a lot of other people too. So let us at least try =3 even if we fail.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 18, 2007, 12:14 PM
I really couldn't care less if we didn't get it,but it would be pretty nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Signed!

Trinitaria
Sep 18, 2007, 12:15 PM
Trinitaria

Signed!

Kion
Sep 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-09-18 06:45, Reipard wrote:

This is not a Poll!! Posting in this tread is the equivalent of signing no matter what you say.

I'll sign, but this statement pretty much voids any kind of validity this petition may have (not to mention it's pretty lame); because there is no way to tell 100% if all the signatures are willing or intended.

To some degree it does validate it as the number of posts lends itself to how popular the subject is. I don't like this thread as i think it should be discussed for what reasons we should get more than four slots, not just japan got it that we hear all of the time, or plans for the extra character space.

Personally, I'm happy with the number of slots, it keeps me from starting new characters, using my resources and then giving up on them. But an extra chracter might be nice for storage or something *shrugs*

*petition inadvertly signed*

-Ryuki-
Sep 18, 2007, 12:27 PM
How about, instead of a petition for more characters, you make a petition for a color palette for CASTS
colors, much like the same exact ones used for both the Hair and the Eyes? I think that would be BETTER.

But, I'd still sign.

-Signs.-

chibiLegolas
Sep 18, 2007, 12:28 PM
Signed.

But like others have said before, we're forced to pay an additional $10 per month for 4 more character slots at the moment. Just buy another segaplay account.

I'd like more slots personally cause we're pretty much forced to make 4 just for maxing out the 4 different PM's for synthesis use (if we so choose to). But leave no room for joke characters, or raising those PM's who aren't pure for synth a specific type of item.

The ability to switch classes whenever you feel like is great. But then we're forced to stick to ONE PM type at a time (unless you wanna PM zero them, and start all over AGAIN.), we don't have much of a choice. Either make another character with a new PM, or trade with other players and borrow THEIR PM's. Thought that might what ST intended for us all along tho. To force us to trade among ourselves more?

omegapirate2k
Sep 18, 2007, 12:30 PM
Alrighty, I'll sign this again I suppose.

*signs*

NexGen
Sep 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
SIGNED*

*disclaimer:
(Please note that this "signature" was coerced from me and in no way bears my actual opinion on the topic. I was literally forced into this signature and cannot in any way claim any validity to the above signature. Additionally, it may or may not have been me sitting at the computer submitting the signature. OR WAS IT???)

youthisoverrated
Sep 18, 2007, 01:26 PM
*signed*

Sasamichan
Sep 18, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-09-18 02:58, NIloklives wrote:
WAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I want my 4 extra slots. I made this post to whine and cry for extra characters. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Serously, do we really need 4 extra slots? Even the Japs don't have the extra slots yet. Just chill dude.

Lyrix
Sep 18, 2007, 02:28 PM
ill sign, id love more slots, and its not like it can hurt anything.

stukasa
Sep 18, 2007, 02:57 PM
Signed!

Do I *need* more slots? Probably not. Would I *like* more slots? Sure, the more the merrier! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I don't see any harm in giving us a few more slots. Although I don't know if ST would really do it, it would be cool if they did!

Para
Sep 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-09-18 03:50, Typheros wrote:
Technically you can buy more character slots. Sign up for two accounts.

quoted for the truth.

Feelmirath
Sep 18, 2007, 03:20 PM
Signed, more character slots are good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AerisZeal
Sep 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
What in the world is wrong with you people? This can't hurt your gameplay in anyway so why even be pessimistic about it? Why not just try to help the people who do want it? Oi...

*Signs*

omegapirate2k
Sep 18, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-09-18 13:38, AerisZeal wrote:
What in the world is wrong with you people? This can't hurt your gameplay in anyway so why even be pessimistic about it? Why not just try to help the people who do want it? Oi...

*Signs*

It's not as much pessimism as it is realism.

Zoamel_Gustav
Sep 18, 2007, 04:22 PM
Signs.

I would like more character slots for another differently stocked NPC Price shop and some event characters.

Jaspaller
Sep 18, 2007, 04:31 PM
*signs*
I've only got 3 chars going so far. Eventually I'll need more than four.

FisboFuxUup
Sep 18, 2007, 04:33 PM
This is so dumb.

Etleast make a petition that would have effect on the battle system (i.e the bland use of only 2 buttons and 1 for rangers) / char customization / PMs / Room shape choices / items with pictures / PA's / Lobby Detail and ect.(i.e. a just kneel or just roll or a just charge ability (these are just examples for like the ranger class, even though rangers would have to nerfed out the wazoo)).

Edit: Hate this post / me or love it / me, but there is far more important things to worry about for PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FisboFuxUup on 2007-09-18 14:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FisboFuxUup on 2007-09-18 14:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FisboFuxUup on 2007-09-18 14:46 ]</font>

Kismet
Sep 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yes, more character slots! (But I'm pretty it's been confirmed we were getting more, since the JP version will be getting more...)

DikkyRay
Sep 18, 2007, 04:47 PM
Lol at the "IF U POST U SIGN IT LOLOLOL"
Most BS. Why the fuck do you need 4 characters? Make 1 of each race. If you want a different class.....SWITCH. Who the fuck has the time to lvl 4+ characters?
PSO had 4 character slots. More than fucking enough. And PSO > PSU, so PSU does not need more slots

-Tidus_415-
Sep 18, 2007, 04:52 PM
I agree...More character slots is useless. Most people dont even level their alt's pass level 50. So what...Your going to have 1 high level character than 7 useless low lv's? If your excuse is "BUT I HAVE 4 LV90's/100 lololzolo" then seriously...step outside for once in your life.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 18, 2007, 04:58 PM
If it happens, great! If not, oh well. I only know that having more would mean that my brother wouldn't constantly beg me to let him delete one of mine and create his own.

DavidNel
Sep 18, 2007, 05:06 PM
I just made a long statement, but my interwebz crashed... Not writing it again.

I want more character slots.

/signed

Immortal44
Sep 18, 2007, 05:10 PM
signed.

More character slots! ftw!

BlackHat
Sep 18, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-09-18 06:53, Shiroryuu wrote:
Meh, I'll sign. I mean, if they don't give us four more character slots, I won't cry over it, but if they do, it can only be good. So why not? If they give us 4 more slots, I'll think its pretty cool.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Niloklives
Sep 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
the reason for my first comment is very simple: this isn't a poll. while I value the imput and opinions of others, this is not the place for for it. this is a petition and not the place for rude comments, pessimism or any other isms other than optimism.

Will this work? who knows but ST has responded to us in the past suprisingly enough, they listen to the JP users as well....I think we have a shot at it with a unified front, and while some of you don't feel the need for the extra slots, they aren't going to crawl out of your game in the middle of teh night and kill your loved ones and house pets. so why oppose it? just relax and either help by signing...or don't.

no one's forcing you to post here. It's a choice you make, so to everyone who's signed so far: thank you. whether you've been nasty about it or not.

Pillan
Sep 18, 2007, 05:51 PM
It would be nice to have a few more slots to play with so I wouldn't have to restart on PMs whenever I want to try something new.

Signed.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
signed.

This would be a good idea, IF it actually works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-09-18 16:02 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Sep 18, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hey guys, while we are petitioning on a PSO/PSU FANsite, lets petition 3 day luck ALWAYS. I mean, its so easy. Also S rank weps DROP not the board! Lets get free online play while we re at it! And Why not A merge of 360/Pc/Ps2?

sega 9/10 times doesnt care what happens on this board. thats why they have, you know, their own forum!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-09-18 17:19 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Sep 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-09-18 17:17, DikkyRay wrote:
Because sega 9/10 times doesnt care what happens on this board. thats why they have, you know, their own forum!

He posted it at the official forums too.

XD

Niloklives
Sep 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
in fact I posted it there first and people complained that I didn't have one here....but for the sake of argument if you would rather sign elsewhere...click Here. (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=46261) thanks for the support

D1ABOLIK
Sep 18, 2007, 09:14 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-18 03:44 ]</font>
That is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard.We dont need more slots nor should we have four slots.4 is more than enough for anyone that actually has a life outside of PSU.And if you dont and 4 doesnt seem like enough you should probably try to play some other games also.Seriously people PSU is a mediocre game at best anyways.Like Dikki Ray said,PSO didnt have more and it was 10 times the game PSU will ever be.

________
Silver surfer review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

BlackHat
Sep 18, 2007, 09:22 PM
This thread is turning into mild arguments -.-

I already stated that if we don't get more slots il be fine with it, but if we do, that'd be cool to.

Doesn't really matter to me.

Jaspaller
Sep 18, 2007, 09:40 PM
On 2007-09-18 19:14, D1ABOLIK wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-18 03:44 ]</font>
That is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard.We dont need more slots nor should we have four slots.4 is more than enough for anyone that actually has a life outside of PSU.And if you dont and 4 doesnt seem like enough you should probably try to play some other games also.Seriously people PSU is a mediocre game at best anyways.Like Dikki Ray said,PSO didnt have more and it was 10 times the game PSU will ever be.

PSO-X had up to 48 characters on one system http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

JC10001
Sep 18, 2007, 09:41 PM
Signed. I have 4 pure PMs and I miss having the extra slots. Even just having 1 more character slot would be a huge help for grinding and stuff.

AerisZeal
Sep 18, 2007, 09:55 PM

I don't get it... sure it's not needed but is it gonna hurt you? That
statement was posted exactly for this reason, now rather than this
thread having any purpose (even if futile) it's likely lost into argument
and I don't doubt a lock sooner than not.

That's just kinda sad, it's not something that should bother anyone
and it's somewhat depressing to know that rather than support your
fellow player you'd shoot them down over an issue that wouldn't affect
you if it pulled through. I mean what?: "Oh noes! Now I have more
slots than I know what to do with! WTF? This is an outrage..."
Seriously.. why not just help those who do support it?

Chen
Sep 18, 2007, 10:25 PM

And thus, the reason why I don't post here much, in the flesh! Or the byte. Whatever.

What is with people and the flames against having more character slots? Is it like some kind of terminal disease all the sudden? It's like as if people hate the idea of even being able to use more than 4 characters... or even the thought of other people using more than 4 characters! Gasp, he's using more than 4 characters! BURN HIM!

...signed?

Wallin
Sep 18, 2007, 10:41 PM
I agree with Aeris, because from the start, I don't get this either. Regardless of whether or not you think the petition would be effective or how realistic it is, why the hate? You didn't even have a valid argument for why you wouldn't want 4 more slots - what does this have to do with having a life or being a mediocre game (what was the point of bringing up mediocrity? "The game is a waste of time so why do you need 4 more slots?" Then why are you even playing it now...)? So far the only other argument I've seen is "I don't want to be tempted to play more characters." So someone might have 7 useless characters and 1 high level one... who cares, are you going to be playing them?!?

In regards to the posts about "why don't you suggest to fix this stuff?", well, the only way Sega will do something original is if the Japanese want it and get it first, but at the very least the Japanese are already going to have 4 more character slots on their servers later this month, so we wouldn't be asking for something out of the ordinary, it will already have been done. Of course this will probably fall on equally deaf ears with the Famitsu posts flooding the board, but I don't see anyone flaming those posts, like Famitsu isn't going to "waste" more people's time than having 4 extra slots to open shops or play with grinding...

The people who race to the level cap get flamed for being elitists with no life, and the people who don't give a rat's behind about the level cap get flamed for wanting to try everything with no life... this is the same thing as that Sega compensation post, you just can't please anyone.

I mean it's freaking impossible to satisfy all the needs and pressures of this and the online community. How am I supposed to make half the people happy by only making characters of the same gender so as to not freak out the innocent youths of tomorrow, and also appease the rest of the crowd by making opposite sex characters wearing only swimsuits or maid outfits? You can't do it with only 4 character slots, you need 8!!

But seriously, since I asked for reasons, here's why I want more than 4 slots - I honestly don't have enough right now. I've got one of each race (you have to have one of each race!) a male Human, CAST, and Beast, and also a female Newman (and before you toss out there how playing a character of the opposite sex is creepy, really now, did you freak out in Final Fantasy VII when Cloud went missing and you took control of Tifa for a few hours?). On my Newman I actually hate all the long hairstyles right now (they look dumb when you're running IMO), yet I had already made a 100 Striking PM - I already had the character, might as well use them - but of course Newmans are the only ones who can use the S-rank Halarod, and I doubt that will be the last exclusive Newman weapon. So now if I really wanted a male Newman, I have to delete the PM or get rid of a level 50 or my spare shop character (which I'm definitely not getting rid of after the last hacking incident). I don't play enough recently as it is, so I'm not about to delete anything. And since getting 4 more slots might not be a big stretch, if we can possibly get it, I would fully support it.

AzureBlaze
Sep 18, 2007, 10:45 PM
Totally signed.
Anything that could make MORE people play this game is something good, in my eyes. Ps2/PC is strugglin' with population. If slots are something people want/could be used by Sega to draw more dudes in, more power to it.

I personally would like more slots as well, just to have chars with different looks/classes and of course more PMs, since unlike PSO you can't get more than 1 pm, and if the population is so dismal, there's no one you trust to 'hire out' a PM to get a synth done.

More slots are basically harmless/beneficial. If you don't want more dudes, just like if you don't like that channel on tv, you can not use them/not turn it on to that channel. For everyone else, it's there to entertain them, and their presence may make life better for all.

Niloklives
Sep 18, 2007, 10:49 PM
pe·ti·tion n
1. a written request signed by many people demanding a particular action from an authority or government
2. an appeal or request to a higher authority or being
3. something requested or appealed for
4. the act of making a petition
5. a pleading in a civil action by which the plaintiff sets down the cause of action and invokes the court’s jurisdiction

That's what this is. not a poll...not a ballot. a petition. a list of signatures. you guys wanna discuss this? lets make a thread to discuss it. I came to to ask for the help of my fellow players and I see her e exactly the thing people complain about most in PSU: a severed community. I was hoping we could work together and try to get something that many of us would like to see in the game.

I made that first comment because on the official forums people wanted to argue rather than just sign or leave it alone. a petition is not the place to offer opinions or arguments and if you're so against it, which you'd only be if you were trying to be spiteful, rather than pollute my attempts at invoking a positive change with this garbage, PM me and talk to me about it, make a discussion thread about it, or bitch about it to your friends. I'll remove that comment if people agree to respect the fact that this is a petition. and either sign, or ignore the thread in its entirety.

anyone doing anything other than signing and possibly leaving a short comment in the thread is trolling. and will be reported.

thank you to everyone who's signed thus far for your time and your support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-18 20:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-18 20:57 ]</font>

PJ
Sep 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
Signed, for the sake that, I want more character slots.

Now, don't get me wrong with what I'm gonna say, but I don't believe this forum topic will make any difference whether or not we get the extra slots. I think ST has already decided whether or not we'd get it, and if they decide we will, they'll implement it, and if they don't, they won't. Simple as that.

D1ABOLIK
Sep 19, 2007, 02:25 AM
Its not that im so strongly against it.Its more that we already DO have more than four slots.Its called another account.In all honesty we already have access to almost unlimited amount of characters.More than we could ever max out.It just bugs me cause people want more slots for free.Four slots for ten bucks a month seems about right.If you want more characters,make another account and pay for it.That simple.

________
EQUINOX (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Equinox)

Alamar
Sep 19, 2007, 02:28 AM
Signed! four more? There goes the rest of what little a life I had lol

Jakosifer
Sep 19, 2007, 02:42 AM
*signed*

Kion
Sep 19, 2007, 03:03 AM
Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:14 pm, Mono`:
Why should posting be a definite "yay" for your bias? No one can have opinions to the contrary, so don't post -- that's your logic, right? Oh, wait, I should seriously just go make another thread to express disagreement with the opinion that four character slots isn't enough.

More or less the comment was made of just how ridiculous it is to say posting belies agreement, but since you decided to take the technical route and jump the "IF U DON'T ARGREE DN'T POST OK GOD" gun, then why should anyone bother posting if all they're doing is being yes-men to bias? It's a question of your ability to see eye to eye with others who have the same opinion and to debate whether or not it's correct with others who do not share it.

Quoted from the PSU site forum for truth.

On 2007-09-18 20:49, NIloklives wrote:
pe·ti·tion n
1. a written request signed by many people demanding a particular action from an authority or government
2. an appeal or request to a higher authority or being
3. something requested or appealed for
4. the act of making a petition
5. a pleading in a civil action by which the plaintiff sets down the cause of action and invokes the court’s jurisdiction

That's what this is. not a poll...not a ballot. a petition. a list of signatures. you guys wanna discuss this? lets make a thread to discuss it. I came to to ask for the help of my fellow players and I see her e exactly the thing people complain about most in PSU: a severed community. I was hoping we could work together and try to get something that many of us would like to see in the game.

I made that first comment because on the official forums people wanted to argue rather than just sign or leave it alone. a petition is not the place to offer opinions or arguments and if you're so against it, which you'd only be if you were trying to be spiteful, rather than pollute my attempts at invoking a positive change with this garbage, PM me and talk to me about it, make a discussion thread about it, or bitch about it to your friends. I'll remove that comment if people agree to respect the fact that this is a petition. and either sign, or ignore the thread in its entirety.

anyone doing anything other than signing and possibly leaving a short comment in the thread is trolling. and will be reported.

thank you to everyone who's signed thus far for your time and your support.

Petitions usually come in two steps. First dicussion and then petition. By jumping the gun you're forcing everyone to in effect agree with you when they have different opinions. As address how many more spaces you want, or if there if even a need for it in the first place. Or make a "Discussion of changes you'd like to see in PSU" topic first. because making everyone agree with you in this wy ruins the idea of a ...

fo·rum
1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Turbobrain
Sep 19, 2007, 03:06 AM
SIGNED Yeah, I'd love more character slots. I really don't see why we should not have them really. When it comes down to cost we pay more. Particually if your like me and live in the UK.... I pay about $10 a month.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate it when we don't get the same good things our Japanse counterparts enjoy, NO JUSTIFICATION. If I hear anymore of 'it's a Japense game... blah bah blah... we're lucky to have it in the first place.... blah blah blah....if you don't like it leave... blah blah blah...'- I will PUKE ALL OVER MYSELF!!!!

Now... having said that hopefully it will happen and I hope this petition has some effect. Even if it gets Sega to justify why we recieve such different treatment from the Japanese. The extra slots would enchnace the game experience greatly(the OP pretty much covered all that). I'm REALLY hoping AOI works some magic and I'm parrtying on universes that are full again! LOL I remeber those good ol days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-09-19 02:30 ]</font>

Kion
Sep 19, 2007, 03:36 AM
post editted since it was merged >.>

anyways signed. more characters would be nice, but realistally it's pipe dream.

*kion signs petition*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-09-19 10:55 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Sep 19, 2007, 07:20 AM
*signs* Share the love Sega...you just need to learn to share the love.

pikachief
Sep 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
I REFUSE TO SIGN!

DO'H!

lol jk i'd love mroe slots not wanting more would be insane

SStrikerR
Sep 19, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-09-19 16:39, D1ABOLIK wrote:

On 2007-09-19 00:25, D1ABOLIK wrote:
Its not that im so strongly against it.Its more that we already DO have more than four slots.Its called another account.In all honesty we already have access to almost unlimited amount of characters.More than we could ever max out.It just bugs me cause people want more slots for free.Four slots for ten bucks a month seems about right.If you want more characters,make another account and pay for it.That simple.

You already do have more than 4 as i said before.Please someone lock this thread as it has no validation and original poster has no idea what an actual petition is.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif
if you wanna waste moer then 10 bucks for more slots, fine, go live on the streets so you can play your game.
thats a wasted 10 bucks, that 10 bucks could be use to buy something better, like maybe......a life?
i sign for the cheap way!!!!

SandstormX
Sep 19, 2007, 09:50 PM
More slots would be awesome!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Totally signed!

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 20, 2007, 12:43 AM
PSO-World probably isn't the best place to create a petition. As this thread duly demonstrates, it's not likely that all of the replies will be in support of your agenda, and particularly in a busy forum like PSU General, the thread itself won't take long to get buried and probably forgotten. It's probably better if you create a petition on a site like PetitionOnline.com (http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html), and create a thread about it, here.

For what it's worth though, I've never born witness to an online petition resulting in anything. You're probably better off if you just try to convince people to send Sega feedback regarding your issue. That'll be more meaningful to them, as well as bringing it directly to their attention.

Kinako78
Sep 20, 2007, 01:23 AM
Signing.

I already had a character in mind when I thought more slots were going to be added, so I'm all for it.

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 20, 2007, 01:26 AM
On 2007-09-19 22:43, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
For what it's worth though, I've never born witness to an online petition resulting in anything. You're probably better off if you just try to convince people to send Sega feedback regarding your issue. That'll be more meaningful to them, as well as bringing it directly to their attention.

That's probably one of the more better things to do.

Instead of having players with alias names sign up, you can get people to mail sega directly about it.

Basically seeing a list of ...
"These are the people who wants more character slots:

xXNewmanXx
Monomate1337
Techerman96 ..."

and so forth doesn't seem convincing enough. A direct response from each player that signed up for your petition would gain better results.

Zer0_ConvoY
Sep 20, 2007, 01:35 AM
God, having 4 pure PMs makes it hard to make joke chars!

Pengfishh
Sep 20, 2007, 02:46 AM
On 2007-09-18 10:27, RyukiZero wrote:
How about, instead of a petition for more characters, you make a petition for a color palette for CASTS
colors, much like the same exact ones used for both the Hair and the Eyes? I think that would be BETTER

I'm signing this petition.

Daze
Sep 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
*signed*