PDA

View Full Version : Sega's response on the lag problem.

Turbobrain
Sep 19, 2007, 02:58 AM
I just got an email from someone at customer support, I submitted an enquiry the other day and they've got back pretty fast. It seems that at this time they can't identify any problem but I guess when other people send reports they will look into more.

Cut and pasted from the email I got(I NEVER would publicly post emails or any correspondence I got from Sega but I think it's ok to post this...).

'I am not seeing any lag in the game at the moment, so it may be possible
that it was a temporary slow down due to traffic yesterday.'

So I guess they're looking into it but have not identified any particular problem as of yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-09-19 00:58 ]</font>

Alamar
Sep 19, 2007, 03:02 AM
good to know they at least know that there is a problem.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 19, 2007, 07:22 AM
Uh....yea...Sega just doesn't want to do anything about it really....if the lag comes in Parum missions its due to the tree rendering. I don't know about any other place though.

A2K
Sep 19, 2007, 07:23 AM
I think he's referring to network lag and not slowdown related to graphical rendering.

I've noticed the game being glitchier in the former regard the last few days myself, but I don't know how widespread it actually is.

Powder Keg
Sep 19, 2007, 07:23 AM
Are we talking about lag or slowdown? Two different things.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 19, 2007, 07:30 AM
Their talking about network mode's Server wide connection lag.

Para
Sep 19, 2007, 07:31 AM
It could be ISP related.

but it seems to affect random people so it might be not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-09-19 05:35 ]</font>

Neith
Sep 19, 2007, 07:54 AM
It's affecting a lot of people. I would've done a Fakis S run last night, but it was way too laggy. I've seen a load of other people complaining about the lag too.

I'll send in a form later. If enough people complain, ST might do something- if the problem is their end.

Rashiid
Sep 19, 2007, 07:57 AM
yah i was laggin big-time; so once i was finally kicked i said f.ck it; off to Halo 2 to joke around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

would play DoA4; but i h8 fighting random ppl; they take it too seriously....

omegapirate2k
Sep 19, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-09-19 05:57, Rashiid wrote:

I've NEVER fought a random in DOA4 who took it seriously, you must have some bad luck.

Parn
Sep 19, 2007, 11:37 AM
There's definitely a problem with their servers, because I was getting interrupt request errors like crazy yesterday while trying to login multiple times. On days where their servers are acting up, the chance of getting interrupt requests at login are multiplied ten fold.

bloodflowers
Sep 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
Off and on they've been absolutely horrible, it's definitely a problem with their network / provider - too many people are seeing the same issue.

NexGen
Sep 19, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-09-19 05:54, UrikoBB3 wrote:
It's affecting a lot of people. I would've done a Fakis S run last night, but it was way too laggy. I've seen a load of other people complaining about the lag too.

I'll send in a form later. If enough people complain, ST might do something- if the problem is their end.

Funny thing is, I was lagging a lot Saturday and Sunday night, even getting disco'd 3x on Sunday night. Monday and Tuesday have been fine for me, and I was able to be brutalized by Fakis on S numerous times last night lol. I think our reward was a Goldania or some synth math I didn't get.

pikachief
Sep 19, 2007, 02:19 PM
ive been playing both versions and have expericed no lag. except for the fact that my 360 freezes if tehres too many people on screen at once XD but then again my Disc is scratched a lot

Helly
Sep 19, 2007, 02:54 PM
I've been having lag when using my PM for like storing/withdrawing/synthing. No lag running around town or going on missions though.

Rashiid
Sep 19, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-09-19 08:47, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-09-19 05:57, Rashiid wrote:

I've NEVER fought a random in DOA4 who took it seriously, you must have some bad luck.

i guess i do; its always a juggler or someone who keeps doin tha spin jump thinggy w/ Ninja d00d.

STRANG
Sep 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
the servers have been lagging pretty bad off and on for the last 3 days and today the whole shit crashed even the PSU website was down at the same time. That lasted for about an hour and then everything was fine so lets keep our fingers crossed. About 30 seconds before the crash we picked up th giga/bullet, thank the lord. That could have been bad.

malhese
Sep 19, 2007, 06:57 PM
nice. on my end i get terrible lag but i think it has to do with my isp. not real sure. but reading all this i dunno if i want to waste my time and money on switching to a different isp. when it could be server side so i guess ill just wait it out.