PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Anyone ever tell you you were underleved?

Dragon_Knight
Sep 19, 2007, 07:41 AM
I got PSU the day it came out not half an hour after the truck that dropped it off had come by. Not only that I've worked on the game almost daily taking at most a month long break. Still my main character is lv 77 while everyone else I play with is in the 90s now and for doing S2s that I can't get into yet....and for god knows what reason that suprises people.

I don't get the comments often, but one particular person seemed absoultly shocked that I wasn't at 100. I told them that I work most of the time and get maybe 2-3 hours a day of PSU...again my reasons seemed unfathimable to said person. I'm sure if I had told the person that I also lack ANY S ranks at all I would have sent them into a coma from internal brain hemmoraging.

Ever run into people like that?

STRANG
Sep 19, 2007, 07:49 AM
F@#K 'em, F@#K 'EM ALL

Rashiid
Sep 19, 2007, 07:56 AM
yah; ppl will mock your lvl.

like im 72 (on this person)

but after they see my weapons (all 30%+) they know that this isnt my 1st character.

just take ya time; some will only say stuff since you may not be able to do a certain mission.

Reipard
Sep 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
Eh, I'm level 61. With my first character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Leveling is too slow in PSU for me to be able to get to 100 in a reasonable time.

Anduril
Sep 19, 2007, 09:00 AM
I'm just sick of newer players(ID>60000) who have gotten to a higher level than me(ID somewhere in the 40000s, level 67) act like they are big stuff when I party with them. And I love how when I tell them to do something they say "You do it, You're a lower level." I mean its not like I spam high level missions to get EXP all the time, I just play whatever mission I feel like playing at the time.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 19, 2007, 09:02 AM
On 2007-09-19 05:49, STRANG wrote:
F@#K 'em, F@#K 'EM ALL

Exactly.

CelestialBlade
Sep 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
I've been playing since November and my main is only 80, with alts at 44, 31, and 18. I'm not very good at grinding one mission over and over more than 3-4 times, so that's likely my problem.

But I hear in AoI that levelling from 1-100 is going to be a lot faster than it currently is, due to the addition of a 200 level cap, so who cares if you're not capped now. Won't matter much soon.

Xtian913
Sep 19, 2007, 09:16 AM
I get that nonsense all the time, but hey, I enjoy the real world too, so whatev.

Talbot
Sep 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, you should have made fun of said person for never leaving the game console and not having a life and more than likely not many friends.

Omega_Weltall
Sep 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
I started since launch too and my main is only lv 68 now. I dont get off til 10:00 pm EST, i have classes in the morning some days and i do 3d renders. Not to mention the other games i play, gettin drunk and goin to strip joints on the weekends and just being plain ol lazy so ya i do alotta stuff BESIDES PSU. PSU =/= Life.

Menochi
Sep 19, 2007, 11:07 PM
Just enjoy the game. You'll get up to their level before long regardless. Especially with the EXP change JP version got, you'll soon find yourself back at level 60 in only a matter of hours played, instead of days.

VanHalen
Sep 19, 2007, 11:08 PM
Sometimes, but jokingly(I think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). My main is lvl 59 almost 60 but with the time I took a break, the fact I use to disconnect alot, and I used to sit in lobbies all day and not do missions screwed me over.

Also alot of my friends are 80+ ._. I'm gonna catch up one day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Otis_Kat
Sep 19, 2007, 11:19 PM
I have maybe 4 hours max over the weekdays to play, and not usually a lot on weekends. My main is only 69 atm. What disappoints me is I can never do the mission everyone on my guild card is doing.

BlackHat
Sep 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-09-19 07:00, Anduril wrote:
I'm just sick of newer players(ID>60000) who have gotten to a higher level than me(ID somewhere in the 40000s, level 67) act like they are big stuff when I party with them. And I love how when I tell them to do something they say "You do it, You're a lower level." I mean its not like I spam high level missions to get EXP all the time, I just play whatever mission I feel like playing at the time.

Thank you!

I hate those cocky newer players who are already lvl 60+. They honestly need to get lifes.

Im only lvl 85, been playing since Christmas. I have a job and can't be on 24/7. Whenever i'm on i'm either talking to people or idling in the lobby. I don't spam high exp mission like a zombie. I laugh at the parties "lvl 90-100" and at the people who capped a day after the update. YOU NEED TO GET OUT.

Anyone who has a palate of S ranks or thinks they are better then everyone else for having their mommies buy them brand new computers needs to open their eyes and see the fact that all they will ever have is PSU to be successfull in. If you legitly got all 4 of your A rank units and all 12 of your S rank weapons and 50% armors congratulations! Now leave.

Thank you for listening to my rant.

DISCO
Sep 20, 2007, 12:51 AM
you dont usually run into people like that, some people are just tools. but you guys make leveling sound so hard, i played pretty casually, didn't get any incredible drops, but still ended up with an 88, a 65, and a 55 with some pretty good gear

mvffin
Sep 20, 2007, 02:48 AM
LEVEL =/= SKILL
ID# =/= SKILL
that is all.

Pengfishh
Sep 20, 2007, 02:51 AM
I'm in the same boat as you, Dragon Knight -- playing since day one and only level 73. Though, I have taken an accumulated three-four month break... and it continues for the most part.

A2K
Sep 20, 2007, 03:01 AM
I've actually had the opposite happen more often: people just amazed by the fact I'm over level 90.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-09-20 01:01 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Sep 20, 2007, 03:36 AM
On 2007-09-20 00:48, mvffin wrote:
LEVEL =/= SKILL
ID# =/= SKILL
that is all.

Level =/= Skill, but~ In most cases, ID# = skill. Chances are, that person has been playing since release, and I'm pretty damn sure BY NOW they'd be a good player.

Tulio07
Sep 20, 2007, 06:59 AM
i think I've been kicked out of games for it before. Suprised that after being capped at lv 80 ... only made it to 82 before teh cap was raised again.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 20, 2007, 07:22 AM
I saw another person last night shocked at my low lv...They were lv 95 had the Slavtius sword (or htf ever its spell) ID range in the high 30ks. I asked them if they worked...all they responded with was a "O_o" asked them if they went to school...another "o_O" then I finally asked about their age...."12"

I said come back to me in 8 years and I'll say I told you so.

AeraLure
Sep 20, 2007, 07:30 AM
Heh. Started playing day one but stopped somewhere around January due to the things around then. My main is level 60 and secondary 55, each with 5* weapons if I recall and no excess meseta whatsoever (closed all shops at first report). I can only imagine what I'll hear if I return, since I am thinking about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 20, 2007, 09:26 AM
been playing since day 1, with no real "breaks" level 90, one "alt" level 21 I think, really only play that randomly when I'm extremely bored. I only sign on PSU when I have NOTHING ELSE to do, at all.(or avoiding HW) I just beat Metroid Prime 3 on veteran, so now I have to play through on hypermode, which will take longer, plus I want to get 100%. Not only that, but I'm hardly in my room on the weekends, if I am, it's a group of people to play Wii/GC or watch a movie, so not gonna sit here and play PSU. PSU is a game where you need to basically be alone, with nothing better to do, to play it. Being in college, these chances are few and far between.

THE JACKEL

XenithFlare
Sep 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
Agent D.

Every day.

Kylie
Sep 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
I've always stayed pretty current with my level, and even if I hadn't, I doubt many people would have noticed because I was staying out of the community for a while and just gamed with a few people.

OldCoot
Sep 20, 2007, 11:33 AM
Just ignore them.

When starting my forth character with my first one leveled maxed and my second close to that, some folks were throwing out the neebie, newb or whatever when I took my level 6 character to the Parum field base for the first time.I just calmly looked at their gear and PA levels and had to laugh.

Broodstar1337
Sep 20, 2007, 12:20 PM
PSU. Serious Business.

WOOD7770
Sep 20, 2007, 12:51 PM
Well, I can beat that! I was trying to play my 3rd character, F Beast Fighgunner lvl 89 the other day. There were 7 people out in front of Dark Satellite. I had 50% Ran-Misaki, 44% (5) Berdys, 34% Last Survivors (5), 34% Ga-Misaki, 38% Bone Dance, Deathmakers (3), and Beam Vulcanic (4). Was wearing a 28% Michi with A Cati / Power, Te / Mind S, and a Puyoment Aura. Needless to say, all were correct element for mission. I was left out for a lvl 90 with a 10% ground Deva-Zashi and a Sori-Senba!
Now this was my 3rd of 4 characters... 90, 90, 89, and 88. I know what the hell Im doing.
WTF? I could not get a party because I was level 89? They would rather have some nub with wrong element gear?

Sorry people, that # next to your name is no substitute for experience/gear. Oh well, everyone is in this big race to 100 but ill get ther with all 4 eventually.
There is a certain someone out there with all 50% stuff that made lvl 100 and knows very little about how to run a mission. While hes spending time in mission looking at other peoples stuff and mocking, I'm mashing my Y button and contributing to the party.

Good luck though man, this game has gone downhill since so many of the older players have quit. Parties are hard to find, unless Im playng my Newman. I do remember names so what goes around comes around.

Kion
Sep 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
Higher level really doesn't mean anything.

I play HSM on my alts occasionally with the noobs. It's funny because if you have a better idea of how the game engine works, it can easily spam the level gap. My human male fighgunner using the nafli combo and the right element does as much as a beast fortefighter level 50 using an A rank neutral dagger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. It's funny that some cheap equipment used properly covered 20 levels. So higher levels doesn't cout for much imo.

I also find maxed out players with S ranks amusing. As which each update better equipment comes out, i don't feel the need to be on the bleedign edge and spam hundreds of hours to find the best equipment as soon as it comes out. It's also amusing as they'll strut their 10% S ranks that they pride themselves in and they'll generally be out damaged by other players in the party with grinded 9* equipment. I guess it's how you play the game, but maxed out, doesn't leave the basement and having to reasure themselves by putting down others has insecure written all over it.

The same can be said of taing them to seriously. Enjoy the game, make friends and play at your own pace.