PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 community size?

Gunslinger-08
Sep 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
Hey, just got the game a little while back, and have had a ball with the offline portion, both story and extra mode. (Aside from overheating my notebook a couple times.)

Anyways, I'm thinking about buying a Guardian license, so I've been wondering how many "regulars" still play.
I'm a college student, and I don't have a job ATM, so I'm just wondering if it's worth the immediate investment.

PS: I have a friend from back home who has the game and may start playing it again if I start playing online, so if that works out, then this is no longer a question for me.

Fure_Rakune
Sep 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
Well we currently arent terribly populated, however that could change with the release of AoI as more and more higher ID numbers are being spotted.
As long as you find yourself a nice group of people to run with, you should be content.

Sol-Edge
Sep 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
We have about 600-800 people at most. Usually there are only about 400 people playing though.

AC9breaker
Sep 19, 2007, 12:23 PM
In my opinion yes, its worth the investment. Although there aren't as many people as one would desire there to be, the community in general seems very nice. Sure there still a few griefers here and there but thats to be expected with any online game no matter what system. I would estimate at peak hours we have about 800+ players.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
Ok! Thanks for the input! ^_^

Kylie
Sep 19, 2007, 12:25 PM
I usually see two to three stars on a regular day, regular time. They say that one star means 200 people, so I guess that's around 300-600 people. Unfortunately though, PSU is pretty spread out, so it can be pretty hard to find an open party sometimes, unless you have friends to play with regularly, or you don't mind repeating the same mission over and over again at the "hot spot." Personally, I don't think it's too bad, but that's a matter of opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cz
Sep 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
i play with my little brother. You can try playing with random party at some "hot spots" that some called it as. I dont really know where the current "hot spots" are, where the majority of them hang out. 10 dollar per month is good for this game, and it would takes you awhile to do everything in this end...it is almost endless...lol. Save you quite a bit of money from buying other games as well. If you have friends to play, then you dont even have to worry about random party. Hope that helps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gen2000
Sep 19, 2007, 12:34 PM
Well if your friend will join you when you sign up it won't be so bad, otherwise it's kind of annoying for brand new low levels to get anything done in this game at a decent pace. Definitely talk to your friend first and see what he thinks.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 19, 2007, 01:11 PM
Again, thanks for the input!

Para
Sep 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
we need people to advertise AOI when it comes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Golto
Sep 19, 2007, 01:21 PM
I've only seen a max of 3 full stars at peak time since Friday's update. A lot of the Euros have had their accounts messed up so there goes 100+ people gone.

The current hotspot is the De Ragnus co-op at the waterfall lobby. I suspect that to change once we get the Dulk Fakis co-op in a week or so.

pikachief
Sep 19, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-09-19 11:21, Golto wrote:
I've only seen a max of 3 full stars at peak time since Friday's update. A lot of the Euros have had their accounts messed up so there goes 100+ people gone.

The current hotspot is the De Ragnus co-op at the waterfall lobby. I suspect that to change once we get the Dulk Fakis co-op in a week or so.

u PC people are lucky u have haxeta!

im SICK AND TIRED of everyone at seabed at universe 1! but then again i have a ton of peopel asking me to do other missions with them so its good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

chibiLegolas
Sep 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
The community is small enough that everyone's thinned out all over the worlds. And you might have a difficult time finding players in unpopular and low leveled rooms. I'd say it's hard to find C and B rooms in general. And there's the level slump in the mid/high levels as well (pre- S rank rooms).

But fortunately enough, BECAUSE of the small community, the PS2/PC players in general got's this nice family vibe to us, since no one's truly a stranger. You're bound to bump into the same person again, or know someone who knows each other. In general, most ppl play nice.

Powder Keg
Sep 19, 2007, 05:46 PM
I've noticed a lot more people have been on the PS2/PC server lately.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
Just moved from the 360 community to the PC community, have yet to get used to playing with my keyboard until i get my controller. But it's good to be in a more family enviroment, even if it is arounc 2 AM

Mayu
Sep 19, 2007, 06:00 PM

Kimil
Sep 19, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-09-19 11:23, pikachief wrote:

u PC people are lucky u have haxeta!

* Sigh * -.-

1) PC+PS2, not just PC (lol haxeta for everyone!)
2) Haxeta has been drained to the point that things are back to normal, other than the ppl who whore'd their Haxeta.

I personally have 1 mil, and its the highest ts been in months

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-09-19 16:08 ]</font>

Golto
Sep 19, 2007, 06:10 PM
Umm I don't know what server you are looking at but I saw 2 1/2 just 5 minutes ago.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 19, 2007, 06:11 PM
I still have some of the haxeta still unfortunately, i thought my account would've been deleted since i haven't used it since December. I'll still keep it but i'll be using it to purchase a few items and get some PM's set up.

Shadow_Wing
Sep 19, 2007, 06:17 PM
lol if you're like me and went on a buying spree to get back onto par... u'll notice haxeta, even though in large quantities, tends to run out fast still XD.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-09-19 16:17, Shadow_Wing wrote:
lol if you're like me and went on a buying spree to get back onto par... u'll notice haxeta, even though in large quantities, tends to run out fast still XD.

I'm glad the money i have still won't last long, i can't wait to open up a normal shop and supply my own goods. But getting some weapons and items set up for my other characters won't be too bad.

Kimil
Sep 19, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-09-19 16:10, Golto wrote:
Umm I don't know what server you are looking at but I saw 2 1/2 just 5 minutes ago.

This Weekend (sunday) it was at 3.5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AC9breaker
Sep 19, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-09-19 15:57, DarkEliteRico wrote:
Just moved from the 360 community to the PC community, have yet to get used to playing with my keyboard until i get my controller. But it's good to be in a more family enviroment, even if it is arounc 2 AM

Why not just use your 360 controller? It what I use and pretty freaking sweet.

SStrikerR
Sep 19, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-09-19 11:23, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-09-19 11:21, Golto wrote:

I've only seen a max of 3 full stars at peak time since Friday's update.actually i see minimum 2 stars (400) max 4 stars (800)
but on average i see 3-3.5 stars

true, but if u hate spamming missions, its not good to go there.
i prefer just running around 4 places, linear line, hive, parum, and her secret mission at the guardians branch in neudaiz. i never go party-less unless i change my routine and go somewhere else, like today at holy grounds. used to be a hotspot, but no more sadly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

u PC people are lucky u have haxetaoh my god, shut the hell up, no we dont anymore!!!
there is only 1 person with 9999999999 meseta anymore, but since i cant say thew name, i wont.
but i swear, stfu saying we have hax, we dont anymore
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

im SICK AND TIRED of everyone at seabed at universe 1! but then again i have a ton of peopel asking me to do other missions with them so its good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

anyways, to the people who only run the hotspots, stop!!!
or i will do this to you!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

DarkEliteRico
Sep 19, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-09-19 17:57, AC9breaker wrote:

On 2007-09-19 15:57, DarkEliteRico wrote:

Why not just use your 360 controller? It what I use and pretty freaking sweet.

don't have the adaptor piece, and i'm not sure if it would work it i used the wired one. if so then i'll be on tonight playing in full swing vs doing solo runs on LL.

AC9breaker
Sep 19, 2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'm using wired. As long as your PC has usb ports it will work. One thing though, the drivers are pretty shitty. So if you wanna use your shoulder buttons your gonna have to download some extra stuff. I'll see if I can find the link that use to be here on PSO-W for you.

Edit: lol, had it bookmarked. I totally forgot how to set everything up though.

http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/download.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-09-19 21:08 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
Sep 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks, i'll have to get the drivers when i get off of work in about half an hour.

I might PM you about some other information regarding the JP servers if that's ok

AC9breaker
Sep 20, 2007, 12:25 AM
Sure, or you can IM me on AIM. I'm usually on it. Albeit afk most of the time.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 20, 2007, 01:32 AM
Will a wireless controller with a charge kit work?

AC9breaker
Sep 20, 2007, 01:52 AM
I don't think it will. I've never tried it myself as well as I've never heard about anyone using it. So who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if it did work.

Zantra
Sep 20, 2007, 01:58 AM
There's some kind of adapter now, for the wireless controllers to be used on a pc, plus they have a PC version of the wired controller that they sell... so yeah, check your local best buy.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 20, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-09-19 23:52, AC9breaker wrote:
I don't think it will. I've never tried it myself as well as I've never heard about anyone using it. So who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if it did work.

i guess without the proper drivers for a wireless one it'll keep binding to the console. Might just have to pick up a wired one from work or wait a few more days to get my other controller in the mail.

Zantra
Sep 20, 2007, 02:36 AM
You need this... this is what I was talking about.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/default.htm

Pengfishh
Sep 20, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-09-19 10:22, Fure_Rakune wrote:
As long as you find yourself a nice group of people to run with, you should be content.

Seems easier said than done in my case :c

AeraLure
Sep 20, 2007, 07:42 AM
On 2007-09-19 16:17, Shadow_Wing wrote:

Question for anyone really, though the quote applies to what I have been wondering and the topic overall as well.

I left back in January due to all that silliness. I had closed all my shops at first report of duping etc and started working hard on my own which was slow going. My original character from day one got to level 60. My secondary to 55. Each has a few 5* weapons and maybe a 6* or two. And my armor? lol.

Thinking about coming back, but wondering if I even can. All of my friends quit long ago. Havent got the resources to go on any buying sprees and have to use what I have. Certainly cant compete in the haxeta shop pricing and dont wish to anyway.

Anyone even still playing in this sort of a range, or at least welcome someone who is? Or does everyone have S-ranks and 50%s etc and expect much the same?

Para
Sep 20, 2007, 11:08 AM
If you're really concerned about community size, try waiting till AOI and see if our population will spike upwards.
For now, our community size is 3 1/2 stars to **** lol