PDA

View Full Version : so about all these buffs and interesting additions to the ga

majan
Sep 19, 2007, 03:55 PM
I was just checkin out Menochi's thread which is a laundry list of stuff we can expect in the expansion.I reccomend you check it out in case you already havent by some odd chance:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=154347&forum=20&288

totally fuckin psyched for all of this.however,my buddy and I were discussing things in light of all these humongous buffs.

we are used to playing missions with 100-115 level monsters or so.With all these buffs (i.e the HUGE boost to dus robado,and all the class stat changes) these missions with these monsters are going to become extremely,extremely easy. which made us think for a little while and then we came to the conclusion:well, in order for all of these awesome buffs to be balanced in terms of making the game more challenging and worthwhile,there must be some hugely difficult things ahead.

what Im getting at is,lab recovery S2 is going to become a 3 minute mission with players in the expansion who are even half-decked out.what will sonic team come up with to make sure things dont get stale in a hurry?will monster levels surpass 200?(somewhat obvious if items are going to go up to 15* rarity if the drop bracket pattern continues how it's been)or will there be entirely new areas that will give us an entirely new challenge?I'm interested to find out.

btw,I mentioned up there that there will be up to 15* items.this was proved using a screenshot(no link,sorry) I think from the JP expansion beta some time ago but is there any evidence of what well be looking at yet in the expansion?or has that yet to be revealed or watever...

what are you guys thoughts?