PDA

View Full Version : just plain "mean"

ravenraine
Sep 19, 2007, 10:26 PM
I have been playing now for about two months on the 360. I don't have a key board just a head set so if I party then I have to actually talk and people know that I am a chick...well...I have found that 9 out of 10 guys are then mean to me...why is this??? My husband plays and he parties every single night and he rarely gets into arguments or is talked "down" to...this is upsetting to me as I would love to actually do runs with other people now that I am leveling up but I get tired of being called a bi/tch or a wh/ore...are their any cool guys out there playing this game or what???

EJ
Sep 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe you were just playing better than them and they didn't like that? I seen that happen many time is splinter cell and Unreal were many females gamers were 10 times better then the guys and were called worst because they were getting their ass handed to them.

But snot every guy is like that on live you just meet the asshats and need to look around to find a nice group.

Shadowpawn
Sep 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
Set up games with players here in the Player Matchups forum. That way your chances of running into immature boys are lower than it would be if you just went looking for people at random on your own. I would like to apologize for that rather unfortunate event, hopefully this doesn't deter you from enjoying PSU online.

ravenraine
Sep 19, 2007, 10:41 PM
thanx for the replies and i will check out the player matchup forum...i didn't even know that was on here...it would be cool to meet some people...maybe even locals to play with as i have been on for two months or so and pretty much running solo...i love the game and can't wait for the expansion but it does get a bit boring with just me and my PM...lol...

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 19, 2007, 11:05 PM
This is the reason I hate PSU, because it mirrors the real world which sucks ass.

Player shops? worst thing to ever happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-09-19 21:06 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Sep 19, 2007, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the internet and Xbox live. Where teen crack heads think they are cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif. Voice banning them does wonders, no? Like previously suggested checkout the player matchup section. Most people here are a mellow and willing to help out.

Blitzkommando
Sep 20, 2007, 12:16 AM
Sounds like normal awkward teen males that are scared to death of the opposite sex. Especially if that person is better than them. That and there are a lot of bigots out there that simply don't believe a woman can be good at videogames (IT'S UNPOSSIBLE) because having two X chromosomes somehow makes women unable to play games (in their little worlds anyway). And when a woman shows them up they get defensive and deny that it was possible or that she cheated, or did something which made them lose outside of her having better skills.

BlackHat
Sep 20, 2007, 12:59 AM
On 2007-09-19 20:39, EJ wrote:
asshats

I resent that.

Moving on.

Just ignore the people or leave the parties. They just fear you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Darkly
Sep 20, 2007, 03:26 AM
way too many 'alpha' males on live, its a shame because so many girls That i know play this game only use a keyboard most of the time because they are sick of the guys on live/psu etc.

Eventually you will find a friend or group that you will regularily run with so no more worries about the randoms anymore.

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
On 2007-09-19 22:16, Norvekh wrote:
when a woman shows them up they get defensive and deny that it was possible or that she cheated, or did something which made them lose outside of her having better skills.

SHES USING AUTOSNIPE GODDAMIT I HATE U ARGGGGG

ABDUR101
Sep 20, 2007, 11:32 AM
You're looking at males who most likely don't get alot of female interaction in real life, so to have one 'cornered' in a private setting lets them say anything they want and act as they wish. It's usually along the lines of 'fratboy' mentallity. Someone will say something ignorant, and everyone else will laugh, rather than saying "Dood, that was uncalled for, chill out".

There isn't much advice one can give you, internet gaming has alot of little wanna-be alpha males who really only get the opportunity to 'dominate' online, in real life they are menial, trivial and don't get enough interaction; so when they do get it, they take the opportunity to 'dominate' and put someone else down. They do it with each other aswell, it's like a game, tommorow Steve might be dominant with smack-talk and on the ball, the next day Jason might be 'on-top'.

Bring a woman into the mix and everyone will down her because they don't want to be second to a 'girly'. Group effort to subdue and putdown the female. Psychological warfare will mess up her gameplaying ability, then after a match of eight other people trash talking her, odds are her score is going to be crap, so then at the end they all go "Booya! Bitch! Usuk!"

DikkyRay
Sep 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
Abdur has it right.
Most of the guys that actually talk with girls wont be dicks. THey know what to say and arent well, assholes.
INternet nerds on the otherhand, never talk/see girls other than their moms. They dunno what to say so they are bastards to make themselves feel tough.

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 08:05 PM
What about somebody who is always an douchebag to everybody?

ravenraine
Sep 21, 2007, 07:16 PM
thanx for the replies...i appreciate the advice and opinions...i am off to game now...

ABDUR101
Sep 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-09-20 18:05, omegapirate2k wrote:
What about somebody who is always an douchebag to everybody?

Very few people can get away with being a douchebag to everybody in real life; if you talk enough shit, someone is going to beat your ass. If you can defend yourself, you can talk shit, but again, we're talking about people who talk shit online because they can get away with it, because in real life they aren't in a position to talk shit or be above others.

Odds are high that if someone is continually in a "submissive" role in day to day affairs, and online being the only chance they get to be in a higher status, they take it.

Someone being a dick to everybody online is moreso proving my point. Why would someone who is a dick to everybody want to let a girl subdue and come out looking better than them, when they are scrapping with others to be dominative in online social interactions?

|Box| *Thinking*

Talbot
Sep 25, 2007, 11:13 PM
Everything said here is true unfortunately. Sorry that you had to experience it.

I know this is not player matchup, but if you want someone to hang and lvl with look for Dark Tek. I would be more than happy to play with you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talbot on 2007-09-25 21:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talbot on 2007-09-25 21:15 ]</font>