PDA

View Full Version : Question To Everyone

Fresh
Sep 20, 2007, 07:54 AM
I have been going through runs on many different missions. When I look at the drops for the boss boxes I have noticed that the faster I beat the boss the better stuff I get. I have even timed it and from a certain time period on a boss it will drop the item from the top of the list and then as you beat the boss slower, the items from lower on the list drop. But it doesn't seem to work for the really rare stuff like har / quick, but most others do drop. I'm wondering is that just pure luck that it follows how its listed on the item list here on pso-world, or have I found a way to understand the drop rate and how to get rare items?

Hrith
Sep 20, 2007, 07:56 AM
No.

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 08:37 AM
Its more coincidence than anything else.

HFlowen
Sep 20, 2007, 08:38 AM
Do about a thousand more tests and I'll be convinced.

Birchum
Sep 20, 2007, 08:39 AM
Orpa-senba dropped after a 42 minute run of demons above s2, so I'd have to say its more up to chance than speed

Rashiid
Sep 20, 2007, 08:48 AM
i look at drop rates like a slot machine;

it keeps spinnin and spinnin; once tha critter is dead; it stops; and w/e it stops on; is what drops (or lack there of)

and more luck = less empty slots.

idk. lol.

Golto
Sep 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
I have noticed after doing 200+ DT s2 runs a lot of the drops are identical if finished at the same time. But since we can't see the seconds its hard to do exactly.

Like if I finish it solo in 37 minutes most of the drops are the same, albeit crappy.

Fresh
Sep 20, 2007, 08:57 AM
Thats what i'm wondering because I notice it alot when i would beat bosses on A rank runs I would kill them in under a minute on a timer and they would drop there special item everytime or at least 7 out of 10 times