PDA

View Full Version : Yeah!!! Communication from GM's....

JAFO22000
Sep 20, 2007, 03:01 PM
This post appears on page 8 of this thread on the official forums: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=46334&start=175

This was posted by "ChillAura" who is a site admin:

A few comments...

Maybe only a few of you are familiar with the GM run events in Japan that have happened since the game launched. Many of these events were so minor that the US players on the Japanese server have hardly mentioned them. These include user submission contests with award ceremonies in the game as well as "HAL radio" reports that scroll across the screen. These are not the same, but are comparable to the GM run events on the US server. In both cases they are planned and run by the GMs with little support from the development team. But with the exception of the Illuminus open Beta, which was more of a test then an event, SEGA intends to bring all game content to the US servers.

Second, as for traveling to the Northern Ice Plains there is a CAST NPC who can transfer you there, provided you are invited to a party that has a player there. I can't promise that there will be someone waiting at the Flyer Base on Moatoob to shuttle everyone there all day, but we will make sure this process gets started and will greatly appreciate any help from players. And don't worry about which universe, I am sure you will figure it out if you are online for the event.

-ChillAura

Even though this is vague, at least it gives us a litte piece of mind that things are happening. For a game with a monthly fee, I'd like a bit more explanation of what's going to be happening, but at least the above is a step in the right direction...

Menochi
Sep 20, 2007, 03:16 PM
He's right though, I don't think you guys ever hear much at all about things like PSU cartoon, or Hal's new years radio, where you can send out a new years message to everyone through the server announcement at the top. GMs doing missions with players, teaching new players the ropes, answering questions etc, all in game. While I wasn't there for the GM room visit event, they apparently would visit peoples rooms around Christmas, giving presents. Its all sorts of fun stuff.

Its almost as though, if it won't make the non-importers jealous of what Japan PSU gets, they don't seem to mention it much at all. Or maybe the only parts that seem to be heard are 'Drop rate increase" "New PAs" and "unlimited 3 star luck"

creativehope
Sep 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
So with all of this said even though we may not get any of the events for the items we will eventually get said named items though. Its not the best way but I can live with it

EspioKaos
Sep 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-09-20 13:16, Menochi wrote:
He's right though, I don't think you guys ever hear much at all about things like PSU cartoon, or Hal's new years radio, where you can send out a new years message to everyone through the server announcement at the top. GMs doing missions with players, teaching new players the ropes, answering questions etc, all in game. While I wasn't there for the GM room visit event, they apparently would visit peoples rooms around Christmas, giving presents. Its all sorts of fun stuff.

Its almost as though, if it won't make the non-importers jealous of what Japan PSU gets, they don't seem to mention it much at all. Or maybe the only parts that seem to be heard are 'Drop rate increase" "New PAs" and "unlimited 3 star luck"

You're right. There actually have been many threads in the past mentioning small GM events on the Japanese servers (Sierra's Valentine's Day event, the Lecture BOYS, etc.), but when they're similar in scale to our Beast Bonfire (which I'm actually looking forward to) and the future race-appreciation days, announcements of such generally go ignored by the player base.

Golto
Sep 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
Yes but they are not talking about real events like Famitsu Cup and 1 year fiesta. Not getting those is something to complain about. Not getting Hal radio doesn't matter.

Menochi
Sep 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-09-20 13:29, Golto wrote:
Yes but they are not talking about real events like Famitsu Cup and 1 year fiesta. Not getting those is something to complain about. Not getting Hal radio doesn't matter.

If its not items, its not worth it I guess?

While I'm not really a fan of Hal's PSU cartoon, most of the others have been pretty fun, especially doing hive with GMs.

Kylie
Sep 20, 2007, 03:42 PM
SEGA intends to bring all game content to the US servers.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Bikinis and formal dresses please.

Helly
Sep 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-09-20 13:38, Menochi wrote:
If its not items, its not worth it I guess?

While I'm not really a fan of Hal's PSU cartoon, most of the others have been pretty fun, especially doing hive with GMs.

And that's just dumb! Just trying to catch a glimpse of a GM is fun to me so I always try to attend these lil events and stuff. Even though I don't like beasts I'll be at the ice field event since its nice scenery and stuff!

Immortal44
Sep 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
0_o woot! But notice they didnt say when. I think famitsu (or the famitsu related items) will come out after AOI (eventhough the event probably will have alot of plot holes by then)

AxelgearVII
Sep 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
lol @ that first paragraph being a response to my thread about how importers are jealous about not getting Beast Bonfire

Ryoten
Sep 20, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-09-20 13:42, Kylie wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Bikinis and formal dresses please.

If thats so...Can we get the Flouders as well on Neudaiz? I saw it once on the JP version, so whats up with it begin on here?

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-09-20 16:59, Immortal44 wrote:
I think famitsu (or the famitsu related items) will come out after AOI (eventhough the event probably will have alot of plot holes by then)

LOL DALLGUN?????

HFlowen
Sep 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-09-20 18:17, omegapirate2k wrote:

I think famitsu (or the famitsu related items) will come out after AOI (eventhough the event probably will have alot of plot holes by then)

LOL DALLGUN?????

Famitsu missions take place in V.R.

Kion
Sep 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
On 2007-09-20 17:02, AxelgearVII wrote:
lol @ that first paragraph being a response to my thread about how importers are jealous about not getting Beast Bonfire

That thread was freaking hilarious. Great job at sounding serious.

Also the GM posts, only says "content", not "events". So all of the content like the formal wear will become available, simply with the possibility that it will not in a package as a prize with an event. Or atleast that's my sceptical interpretation of what's written.

also does eggshen's avatar (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/images/avatars/gallery/House_of_the_Dead/hod201.png) creap anyone else out?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-09-20 18:57 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 20, 2007, 09:00 PM
eggshen does not creep me out in any way. He really just confuses me, if anything, though that's due to his seemingly nonexistent grasp of the English language, not his avatar.

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-09-20 18:22, HFlowen wrote:

On 2007-09-20 18:17, omegapirate2k wrote:

LOL DALLGUN?????

Famitsu missions take place in V.R.

Well then I suppose I was wrong in my assumption.

Golto
Sep 20, 2007, 09:16 PM
I bet its just another bad choice of wording by the gm who wrote that. 'All' should be changed to 'most'.

Do you think in the little over 2 months left we (ps2/pc) will get Real Handgun, Real Handgun S, Real Hand Spear, Rappy mode, Bikini, Rappy Suit, Formal Wear, Tero Rainbow, Mega Rush?, Giga Hp Restore, and Hard Hp Restore in weak events like Sidekick Saturday?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-09-20 19:22 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 20, 2007, 09:25 PM
Well, they could always decide to give us Fascist Cup and the Thanks Festa in the next couple months and push AoI back to like, idk, February.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 20, 2007, 09:28 PM
I hope they do. It'd be fun to watch the community be unsure if they should be happy or pissed.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 20, 2007, 09:39 PM
You really have to ask?

They'd be pissed we weren't getting the events and AoI at the same time.

Para
Sep 20, 2007, 10:54 PM
Oh cmon no one cares about those piss poor events. gib famitsu. (nah theyre not that bad, theyre just for fun and trying to bring the community together)

But serious note, thank you for sharing the TRUTH and enlightening those who don't know about the truth.

Immortal44
Sep 21, 2007, 12:26 AM
Events or AOI tough call...

AOI ftw!

ShadowDragon28
Sep 21, 2007, 01:39 AM
Gib Male Formal wears nao plz. T_T

Zer0_ConvoY
Sep 21, 2007, 02:14 AM
So, not only do we not get MAJOR events (F. Cup, Thanks Festa) but we get only a half assed version of minor events? oie vay!

chu-chu-chu
Sep 21, 2007, 09:00 AM
It's nice that a comment was made by someone from Sega, but at the same time it is nearly so vague as to be meaningless. If they had plans to give us something of value they would announce that it is coming in order to motivate the player-base to continue on. Instead, we are given coy promises.

We are, after all, still waiting on gameplay mechanic improvements on the 360 that have been out for over 2 months.

Turbobrain
Sep 21, 2007, 09:20 AM
Is it, at all possible, that er, maybe he did'nt mean this exactly as in the way people are interpretting it? I feel for these guys, it must be hard as eveeryone hangs on to their EVERY word.

Besides he said CONTENT. Famitsu was an event. I think we wont get Fami(I hope I'm wrong) but we WILL see a Festa event. In this we will hopefully see the CONTENT but I so doubt we'll get Fami.

Belive me, I REALLY wanted Fami, I was one of the few people that bothered to email Sega and try and post on the official board(only to be shot down by a small but vocal groujp of idiots).

But Festa> Why would'nt we get it?

BanF
Sep 21, 2007, 09:40 AM
Wasn't that the same question you and others made about Famitsu, which we didn't get?

Maybe asking that question jinxes it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

So STOP!

JAFO22000
Sep 21, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-09-21 07:00, chu-chu-chu wrote:
It's nice that a comment was made by someone from Sega, but at the same time it is nearly so vague as to be meaningless. If they had plans to give us something of value they would announce that it is coming in order to motivate the player-base to continue on. Instead, we are given coy promises.

We are, after all, still waiting on gameplay mechanic improvements on the 360 that have been out for over 2 months.

Yes, but it IS some sort of progress being made in the realm of communicating with the customers. I too would've liked a more detailed post, outlining the issues they are running into (assuming that is the problems), but at least this is SOMETHING!

Turbobrain
Sep 21, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-09-21 07:40, BanF wrote:
Wasn't that the same question you and others made about Famitsu, which we didn't get?

Maybe asking that question jinxes it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

So STOP!

I'm just saying that for Fami there were a few reasons(however weak) why we would(did) not get Fami.

I can think of no reason why we would not get a Festa event of some sort.

I have another theory, from something that was said in one of the replys to Sega(from my numerous emails). They have to put all these events 'through' Microsoft and Sony(if you see what I mean). I think that pefhaps there may have been some problem with the cup event and Microsoft 'allowing it'. Just my thoughts so and I cant really explain my reasoning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-09-21 08:04 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Sep 21, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-09-21 07:51, JAFO22000 wrote:

Yes, but it IS some sort of progress being made in the realm of communicating with the customers. I too would've liked a more detailed post, outlining the issues they are running into (assuming that is the problems), but at least this is SOMETHING!

Yeah, I agree. It's better than the complete deaf, blind, and mute routine they tend to go with. But like you, I imagine, I want to see something a bit more concrete following it.

pikachief
Sep 21, 2007, 12:08 PM
im lazy so im just gonna quote stuff from the other topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-09-21 08:56, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-09-21 08:50, Golto wrote:

On 2007-09-21 07:23, Turbobrain wrote:
No. We won't get it. God knows I so wanted it.

We will get Festa, of that, I pretty sure.

Why would we not?

If they were too lazy to take 15 min to translate the Famitsu Cup and give it to us you still think they will give us the 1 year event?

It being sega i wouldn't doubt them just saying "Thank you for playing PSU for a full year!"

BUT. The fact that we cna get everything the JP are getting in just 2-3 updates and them still not giving us a release date. Theres gotta be SOMETHING to fill that gap! Also in another topic i do recall someone quoting an admin saying that they will give us all the content in some form or another.

So I am highly expecting them to fill in that gap between updates and the release with an event.

I Do not expect a 1 year anniversary, nor do i expect Famitsu. I Expect a different event like how they explained that they get different events and so do we. They got a "Hal Radio" event and we are currently getting the race appreciation events.

So Everyone must calm down and remember. We get different updates than the JP, even different events at different times.

So next time we get an event don't ask, "When are we getting THAT?" because we mostly likely won't get THAT event. Yes we will get events. Yes we will get all the content. Just in different ways and at different times.

JAFO22000
Sep 21, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-09-21 10:03, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2007-09-21 07:51, JAFO22000 wrote:

Yeah, I agree. It's better than the complete deaf, blind, and mute routine they tend to go with. But like you, I imagine, I want to see something a bit more concrete following it.

Understood and agreed. I would love to hear a status of what's happening (or not happening) for events that we may or may not be getting. Unfortunately, this leaves the door open for more complaints: if their estimates aren't reached, people will comment on that. Take the first issuance of the ultimate PA's for instance. People were PISSED when they didn't meet their deadline, even though they communicated to us why they were not being released. I, on the other hand, was alright with the delay because they explained WHY they were delayed....