PDA

View Full Version : so,how tough do you all think it will get in the expansion?

majan
Sep 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.giftotally psyched for all these buffs were getting to class stats and pa's and whatnot.its gonna be pretty awesome.if you haven't cheked out the new info,I strongly advise you to.thanks to menochi for supplying us with the info:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=154347&forum=20&367

on the other hand,you can't really expect the game to stay the way it is now in terms of difficulty because parties now can mow through most missions in the game with relative ease(if you are even semi-well equipped) ... so come expansion time,what is going to happen?you cant expect us to get all these buffs and more of the similar difficulty things will keep rolling out...

majan's idea?probably level 200+ enemies at some point or another.if 15* items(this was proved in a screenshot of the expansion beta,any other intel on this yet in light of all the new expansion info influx?) will be dropping at some point,we will need monsters above level 200 to be dropping said items,if the drop bracket system continues to work the way it's been.also,I'd expect S3 missions,and maybe higher.as we get higher level enemies,the range of difficulty obviously grows along with that.

either that,or an entire overhaul of the game's enemies and all ranks of all missions,which is way too much work for the lazy pricks at sonic team.my guess is that they will continue on the infrastructure they already established in the game,which means were gonna be seeing some pretty powerful baddies if they want to keep up(in terms of challenging gameplay) with the amount of buffs they are dishing out in this expansion.

your thoughts?

Zantra
Sep 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
If anything, just by seeing the stat boosts, I think it's going to get easier.
If it's an easy game, more people will want to play it. But, if it becomes more difficult, it will push people away, and it will shrink the community down, to a few "hardcore" PSU players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-09-20 13:36 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Sep 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
Stat boosts aren't even resulting in all much more damage done, people. :/

ashley50
Sep 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
same...no changes.

Akaimizu
Sep 20, 2007, 03:37 PM
I'm sure they're going to craft some real stinker monsters for the higher levels, in the game. Perhaps the lower ones will be rebalanced a little, but I have a feeling they'll be overall easier from the balance. My eyes are towards the next step up monsters.

My guess is that the original monsters will get destroyed by players, and then SEGA will start throwing in the stinkers after a little bit of players taking advantage of the game.

Stat boosts aren't what I'm really looking at, either. They make some difference, but the new abilities and/or percentage-based stuff is what I'm looking at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-09-20 13:39 ]</font>

majan
Sep 20, 2007, 03:44 PM
true I guess Im overestimating the stat buffs a bit,but still,its worth noting.some of the buffs apparently are rather substantial,and dont forget that we likely are getting either level 20 or 30 class levels as well.

its odd that you guys dont think its going to get any more difficult though in terms of higher level enemies.where do you think 12*+ items will be dropping?you dont expect them to keep us doing the same difficulty monsters while upping the level cap up to god knows what,do you?Im sure eventualyl they will come up with something interesting,or else people will stop playing it cus there is no reason to,having no challenge whatsoever.a level 110+ fortefighter with awesome 12* axes and twin sabers and the like will most likely be able to solo even the hardest mission on the expansion if the current difficulty trend continues.at that point,said player will hang up the PSU hat.

Golto
Sep 20, 2007, 04:12 PM
In some aspects it will be tougher. Elemental % armor damage reduction seems to be seriously nerfed along with melee elemental % damage. At the end we can expect lvl 200-220 monsters. If their stats follow the current trends their increases will still be more than our character's stats with lvl 20 types. We still get a good chuck of our stats lvl 20-60. Its not like the 15* weapons/armor will have 10x higher stats than 9-10* ones.

pionear
Sep 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
Slightly tougher, but the same monthly fee.

MSAksion
Sep 20, 2007, 09:05 PM
Imagine every enemy as ridiculously monstrous as the beast men and the pistol beastwomen of the S2 Train @_@

Ever try to solo S2 train? Or have a good team without a dedicated Resta Slave? yeah its that ridiculously stupidly cheap. Cheapness =/= Hard. its just cheapness. It makes people not wanna play.

majan
Sep 21, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-09-20 19:05, MSAksion wrote:
Imagine every enemy as ridiculously monstrous as the beast men and the pistol beastwomen of the S2 Train @_@

Ever try to solo S2 train? Or have a good team without a dedicated Resta Slave? yeah its that ridiculously stupidly cheap. Cheapness =/= Hard. its just cheapness. It makes people not wanna play.

I have a friend that does.nothing but woeful times.the expansion version of that mission or its counterpart should be....fun..yes...fun..not.

and yea thats true that 15 * items wont be all that much stronger anyway but still they ahve to be able to drop somewhere which brings up the debate of what will be dropping it...obviously the answer is vry high level monsters...high level monsters will be very strong...thus justifying all these happy buffs we are getting to stats and fixed up synth rates and all the other user friendly shit we are getting.