PDA

View Full Version : Ever grapple with a Jarba?

ThEoRy
Sep 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
While hilariously dueling the relics last nite, http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=154494&forum=20&start=0&7
I somehow got on the subject of grappling with the monsters. Call me crazy but I thought it would be cool if fighter types could grab the enemies, and from there link together jujitsu moves like in Virtua fighter or king from tekken. Of course the larger monsters couldn't be grabbed so easily, which is why I then thought of Guardian team up moves! That's right. Only when two guardians team up can you Arm Break Fire into a Double German Suplex then finishing with a nasty over the knee Super Double Back Breaker on a filthy Jarba.

I know this is not possible on this game but it was an interesting thought. To be able to link together several limb breaking moves on the enemies would really be too awesome for words.

Any thoughts on the subject or any favorite moves you would like to perform on the monsters, feel free to discuss..

Rashiid
Sep 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
id like to stick a Jarba w/ a Plasma Gernade http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Chuck_Norris
Sep 20, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-09-20 17:07, Rashiid wrote:
id like to stick a Jarba w/ a Plasma Gernade http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

HEL YEH!

Lykos
Sep 20, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'd love to back hand someone.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 20, 2007, 07:23 PM
I missed that part then....i zoned out for a good 15 minutes or so AT LEAST. I think riding a palavhora and hitting it over the head would be funny as hell too

Freshellent
Sep 20, 2007, 07:27 PM
I'll admit that I've said to my other party members that I would crawl up on top of Ragans and slam a few photon weapons into the back of his skull.

Given the chance anyway.

I think if we could be more realistic,it'd be nice to have specific actions for enemies like Resident Evil 4,foes on one knee can be hit with suplexes and kicks,things like that. But to go toe to toe with a Megid spitter? Maybe not.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
Or to set it up like God of War for the button pressing sequences, and if you managed to pull off the combo you'd do extra damage or criticals

Freshellent
Sep 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-09-20 17:50, DarkEliteRico wrote:
Or to set it up like God of War for the button pressing sequences, and if you managed to pull off the combo you'd do extra damage or criticals

This is random. But I played God of War a lot,hoping I'd like it more as I progressed.

I think I'd rather have Devil May Cry style gameplay,seems more rewarding and difficult. Landing a critical,SSS ranks is nice. IMO,a lot better feeling than getting told to press Circle once to remove a head off a gorgon.

Just me though,JumpCanceling into a mid air attack didn't seem to happen in God of War.

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-09-20 17:50, DarkEliteRico wrote:

You mean like a Just Attack / Just Counter?... >_>

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 20, 2007, 10:09 PM
grapple hook weapon, to immobilize enemies it'd be awesome

THE JACKEL

lee-san
Sep 20, 2007, 10:42 PM
good idea. it would be so awesome if you could also link together team photon arts or sometin. a megid combo tornado dance would be devastating! instant kill rockz!!

STRANG
Sep 21, 2007, 06:19 PM
I wouldnt mind pulling off the "Rock Bottom" on a fallen Go Vahra. Smackdown Bitch!

ThEoRy
Sep 21, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-09-20 20:42, lee-san wrote:
good idea. it would be so awesome if you could also link together team photon arts or sometin. a megid combo tornado dance would be devastating! instant kill rockz!!

Yeah there's been a lot of topics here about that one. That was what made PSIV so cool! As it's been said before we most likely need a return of the Zan series of techs. Wind would have to be the catalyst in turning Rafoi into firey tornadoes.

On 2007-09-20 17:27, Icespike wrote:

I think if we could be more realistic,it'd be nice to have specific actions for enemies like Resident Evil 4,foes on one knee can be hit with suplexes and kicks,things like that. But to go toe to toe with a Megid spitter? Maybe not.

That definetly sounds cool. Situational only. Only when the enemy is stuck in one of several dazed or crumpled or stunned animations while certain moves require specific stuns.

Oh and I think Just Counter should be more like Aikido.
This is the perfect example of what I mean.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JIowy89IXco
Wouldn't it be fun doing that to the monsters?

Chuck_Norris
Sep 21, 2007, 06:40 PM
How about, you could run up to a object and pull it out of the ground(such as a tree), then smash it into a enemy. And when a beast is in nanoblast, it could hold lager things, such as the giant rocks in the ground on parum missions, or pices of the big stone walls on moatoob.

ThEoRy
Sep 21, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-09-21 16:40, chuck_norris wrote:
How about, you could run up to a object and pull it out of the ground(such as a tree), then smash it into a enemy. And when a beast is in nanoblast, it could hold lager things, such as the giant rocks in the ground on parum missions, or pices of the big stone walls on moatoob.

Play powerstone much have we? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkEliteRico
Sep 21, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-09-21 16:32, ThEoRy wrote:

Yeah there's been a lot of topics here about that one. That was what made PSIV so cool! As it's been said before we most likely need a return of the Zan series of techs. Wind would have to be the catalyst in turning Rafoi into firey tornadoes.

That definetly sounds cool. Situational only. Only when the enemy is stuck in one of several dazed or crumpled or stunned animations while certain moves require specific stuns.

Use the opponents weight and speed against them, trip of those damned jarbas and let them megid the air a few times while they thrash around on their backs

ThEoRy
Sep 21, 2007, 11:19 PM
On 2007-09-21 17:01, DarkEliteRico wrote:

On 2007-09-21 16:32, ThEoRy wrote:

Use the opponents weight and speed against them, trip of those damned jarbas and let them megid the air a few times while they thrash around on their backs

Yeah thats right when I grab your feet and giant swing you 20 feet into the air and you then come down with a massive Atomic Elbow right in his gut or face which ever you may prefer..

gryphonvii
Sep 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
grab something with a grapple beam and swing it around like samus did to the chief in haloid.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-09-22 14:50, gryphonvii wrote:
grab something with a grapple beam and swing it around like samus did to the chief in haloid.

ok first, yay to a haloid fan.

second--

I suggest more realistic Gun actions. such as meleeing with a gun, I mean, you could use a Grenader like an axe or a hammer, you could use Laser cannons as battering rams, you could use Bows as a two handed saber, you could use the butt of handguns, mechguns, crossbows, Cards, Twin Handguns as a hammer, you could use Rifle stalks as a saber[holing by the barrel], use the butt or battel of the shotgun as a saber or hammer thing.

And then use Wands like sabers, like in PSO, and then Rods like Spears or partisians.

This melee stuff would be PA's that cost like 1-5 PP and don't level past 10 o.o;

Koji1m1
Sep 22, 2007, 07:36 PM
heh, personally it would be cool to have unison attacks in PSU for those tht havent played Tales of symphonia unison is a feature tht allows characters to do simultaneously Techs (special attack) if u get a specific compination of attacks u get a compound unison attack which dose more damage than a regular one but i doubt that it would be possible though in Psu.XD