PDA

View Full Version : PSU: AoI Tokyo Gameshow Footage

ChronoTrigga
Sep 21, 2007, 03:41 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25163.html

Probably already posted, if not, wee.

Zantra
Sep 21, 2007, 03:56 AM
Wow, I like the new theme... thanks for posting this.

imfanboy
Sep 21, 2007, 04:23 AM
for some-odd reason, jrock is growing on me, and it suits the basic theme of PSU better than some cheesy jpop song (insamuch as I love jpop, it just don't fit for futuristic scifi stuff).

Skye-Fox713
Sep 21, 2007, 04:25 AM
nice find

A2K
Sep 21, 2007, 05:08 AM
This is actually just the promo video on the official JP site, but... having it on GameTrailers means it's actually downloadable as a WMV or MOV file, rather than FLV.

Omega_Weltall
Sep 22, 2007, 12:49 AM
I seen that background! I HAVE THAT MODEL! .... wow they suck at Poser..eer anyway kinda sickening to see some of the comments. I do like how they'er gonna add cinematics to the Online story missions.

Zantra
Sep 22, 2007, 12:51 AM
On 2007-09-21 22:49, Omega_Weltall wrote:
I seen that background! I HAVE THAT MODEL! .... wow they suck at Poser..eer anyway kinda sickening to see some of the comments. I do like how they'er gonna add cinematics to the Online story missions.

Are they? I thought it was just that episode 2 (which is online right now for us) was going to be AOI's offline story mode, and that it was going to have voice acting, and cinematics added. But, if they add it online also, i'm not complaining.

Omega_Weltall
Sep 22, 2007, 12:53 AM
OOOH no no no i meant they'er adding cinematics to the CURRENT Online Story missions to be AoI's story mode. i have no clue if they are even having online story missions for AoI.

Zantra
Sep 22, 2007, 12:58 AM
On 2007-09-21 22:53, Omega_Weltall wrote:
OOOH no no no i meant they'er adding cinematics to the CURRENT Online Story missions to be AoI's story mode. i have no clue if they are even having online story missions for AoI.

I think they will, but I think, that unless Sonic Team is in it for the long haul, AOI may be PSU's swan song. I couldn't imagine it going on much longer on the PS2... maybe 2 or 3 years. And, they'll probably pull a PSO, and port it to everything they can, including toaster ovens, with new races, episodes, monsters, etc.

And then, we'll get Phantasy Star Infinity for PS3, Xbox 720, and PC, probably around 2011.

A2K
Sep 22, 2007, 01:01 AM
Ambition of the Illuminus' Network Mode will feature Episode 3, but the original Episode 2 missions will still be available for perusal. It would actually be kinda neat if they somehow enhanced the existing online version of Episode 2 with the expansion data, but... it's not really necessary.

DAMASCUS
Sep 22, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-09-21 23:01, A2K wrote:
Ambition of the Illuminus' Network Mode will feature Episode 3, but the original Episode 2 missions will still be available for perusal. It would actually be kinda neat if they somehow enhanced the existing online version of Episode 2 with the expansion data, but... it's not really necessary.

Thank you for clarifying that. It seems that a lot of people have the misconceived notion that the enhanced Episode II offline is the only story content for AOI. The only question is if Episode I will still be included or not? Since AOI does not require the first installment and a few new players will be starting...

A2K
Sep 22, 2007, 03:03 AM
Ambition of the Illuminus will not have Episode 1--more specifically, Ethan's story. The areas featured in it will be available as they always have, though, of course. A chart is featured on this page of the game's official site:

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/product/contents.html

[The header cells of the table read Episode 1, Episode 2, and Episode 3. Going down, the first column reads PSU, then Ambition of the Illuminus, while the second column is Story, Network, Story, Network.]

Although the Episode 2 story does not take place in them, it was recently revealed that the new areas in the expansion will be playable in AotI's Story Mission as free missions, so if you're offline only you won't miss out on most of that.

lostinseganet
Sep 22, 2007, 07:21 AM
On 2007-09-21 03:08, A2K wrote:
This is actually just the promo video on the official JP site, but... having it on GameTrailers means it's actually downloadable as a WMV or MOV file, rather than FLV.

Any good flv players out there? I can not find anything that can rewind...

DavidNel
Sep 22, 2007, 07:45 AM
Looks pretty good. Of course, all that was shown was offline, and I don't use that feature... PSO/U with a storyline? NEVAR!!!!

BanF
Sep 22, 2007, 09:39 AM
Heh, that video reminded me of loose ends on Episode 2, most notably those maidens in the machine the CoG got very suspicious about.

Sinue_v2
Sep 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
Any good flv players out there? I can not find anything that can rewind...

ZoomPlayer works quite well, with a little modification.

ChronoTrigga
Sep 22, 2007, 02:15 PM
Yay my name is on the front page!