PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is there a lot of Messetta of late?

Turbobrain
Sep 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe it's just me but I've noticed that some people have a SHIT load of messetta on them.

I mean like some people who have numbers into the late 9's.

I also sold some junk from my shop for 1mil(I mean useless stuff like love letters). Right now I'm not spending much as I know shorlty that the synth rates or improving and with AoI I can blow my money on new stuff... A lot of stuff now thats worth money will be worth less with the new items.

Just scanning around, I found one person with 9999999 while typing out this post. I don;t know maybe its just me but....

beatrixkiddo
Sep 21, 2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b2/Slowpoke.gif

Skye-Fox713
Sep 21, 2007, 09:56 AM
I blame all of the Haxta

CelestialBlade
Sep 21, 2007, 09:57 AM
There's a lot of high-value items in the economy right now. Not that any S-rank weapon is worth more than 40-50mil.

Sol-Edge
Sep 21, 2007, 09:58 AM
Some people still have their stash of Meseta lying around. They either already have everything they need or just don't go on a spending spree anymore. Either way the economy is recovering rather quickly so I wouldn't worry about those 2 or 3 millionaires.

pikachief
Sep 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
i've seen people with their mil in the 40's 0'3 30's and 1 or 2 people with their cash in all 9's!

my friend freaks out though cuz we're on 360 XD

Kylie
Sep 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-09-21 07:58, Sol-Edge wrote:
Some people still have their stash of Meseta lying around. They either already have everything they need or just don't go on a spending spree anymore. Either way the economy is recovering rather quickly so I wouldn't worry about those 2 or 3 millionaires.

That, or they got lucky with a rare board, which they sold. I've been struggling with meseta as of late, myself, but mostly because I hid a large sum of money from myself that I got from selling my puyoment aura. I'll hold onto it until AOI because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to afford anything if I spent it now (I have a habit of spending big...).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-09-21 08:28 ]</font>

ne1first
Sep 21, 2007, 10:49 AM
The BIG meseta transactions all happen betwen players so meseta just changes hands but it doesnt dissapear from the economy. The in-game meseta sinks such as npc shops and synthing are just way too slow for the billions of meseta to dissapear, it will take still another year or so (assuming no new hacks are introduced) for the economy to get back to "normal"

Mewn
Sep 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
On 2007-09-21 07:56, beatrixkiddo wrote:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b2/Slowpoke.gif

What's that, Slowpoke? You just saw cheaters creating illegit meseta and distributing it!?

Para
Sep 21, 2007, 11:08 AM
Its not that there's a lot of meseta. Its just missions giving out high payout lately and it tends to favour those who grind.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 21, 2007, 11:52 AM
if you figure a mission that takes 15 minutes can generate 20K meseta. And let's say someone did this mission, on average of 2x/day, for 6 months, that is only 7.2 million meseta.

now, I understand that there will be items found, and sold, but I am more than a little skeptical of anyone, on ANY platform with more, than, say...30 million meseta.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
But you need to realize that there are people who do that mission with 6 people and can do it in 10 minutes, and do nothing but that mission, 8 or more hours a day. 8 hours of Labs S2 at 10 minutes each is almost a million a day, per player.

pikachief
Sep 21, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-09-21 10:01, beatrixkiddo wrote:
But you need to realize that there are people who do that mission with 6 people and can do it in 10 minutes, and do nothing but that mission, 8 or more hours a day. 8 hours of Labs S2 at 10 minutes each is almost a million a day, per player.

then take into play the crazy 360 folk who get their special groups together to do 6 min runs O.o

Imagine u play this run for 10 hours straight(some do) Finish each mission in 6 min and it gives about 20k.

thats 10 times an hour, so 200k an hour for 10 hours.

If your a SUPER-HARDCORE-ELITIST then u can make about 2 mil a day at seabed.

so they could get 10 mil in 1 weeks. If they really had NO LIFE watsoever. But then again thats my explination for 360 people having all S ranks and 50% weapons and armors of all elements, and still have liike 20-30 mil on them >.>

SabZero
Sep 21, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hm, over my 4 characters I have maybe 200k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I "only" play casually and occasionally.

pikachief
Sep 21, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-09-21 10:14, SabZero wrote:
Hm, over my 4 characters I have maybe 200k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I "only" play casually and occasionally.

i also have about 200k and i have over 2000 hours since i play everyday ^.^

str898mustang
Sep 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
pushing around 50mil, gotta save up for AoI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: str898mustang on 2007-09-21 10:26 ]</font>

Niloklives
Sep 21, 2007, 12:28 PM
I have about 97mil...but I never spend my money except to synth and then I sell my synths for a bit less than every one else so I tend not to have trouble getting rid of whatever I make. I took a few hints from gammik who sadly seems to have quit. I see people still trying to sell boards for way more than they're worth. rucar boards for over 80 mil...I mean you can get rucars completed on PC/PS2 for 40-60 mil why would you buy a the board for 80 mil with a 50% success rate and likely not even having the materials?

gah I'll stop before I start ranting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-21 10:29 ]</font>

str898mustang
Sep 21, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-09-21 10:28, NIloklives wrote:
I have about 97mil...but I never spend my money except to synth and then I sell my synths for a bit less than every one else so I tend not to hab trouble gettin rid of whatever I make. I took a few hits from gammik who saddly seems to have quit. I see people still trying to sell boards for way more than they're worth. rucar boards for over 80 mil...I mean you can get rucars completed on PC/PS2 for 40-60 mil why woulc you buy a the board for 80 mil with a 50% success arte and likely not even having the materials?

gah I'll stop before I start ranting.

theres a huge difference between a hacked rucar and a LEGIT rucar

CelestialBlade
Sep 21, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-09-21 09:52, SolomonGrundy wrote:
if you figure a mission that takes 15 minutes can generate 20K meseta. And let's say someone did this mission, on average of 2x/day, for 6 months, that is only 7.2 million meseta.

now, I understand that there will be items found, and sold, but I am more than a little skeptical of anyone, on ANY platform with more, than, say...30 million meseta.

Sadly this is very true. Also consider that if they're doing S2 runs with level 100+ monsters, there's gonna be some good drops that are worth their weight in Meseta.

Ah, this is probably why I only have ~13mil and I'm only level 80....I cannot grind the same mission more than 3-4 times in a row x_x

Niloklives
Sep 21, 2007, 12:31 PM
yeah how many rucars do you think are hacked now? and if you can tell the difference you tell me how. furthermore how do we know the boards aren't hacked? legit or not, I'll be damned if I spend 80 mil on a fucking monomate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-21 10:40 ]</font>

str898mustang
Sep 21, 2007, 12:38 PM
The rucar, next to crea double and halarod, was one of the most hacked weapons back when Sranks were getting hacked into the game. The only reason they stayed in the game is because the enemy Carriguine (sp?) dropped it at lvl80. Hell I remember seeing a player with 4 Rucars on them. When Sega did the Srank swipe, it skipped Rucars because it was out. I remember someone offering me 3 Rucars for my Halp. I've only heard of 3 Rucars boards actually dropping. It may be worth 80mil made, but not a board. Like I said, theres a huge difference between hacked and found.

perfectminute
Sep 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
I've got 200 hours and have 30 mil. I got lucky and noticed that rare items sell well the first day their out (cough bico)

McLaughlin
Sep 21, 2007, 04:58 PM
I thought Kimil would have pounced on this one.

perfectminute
Sep 21, 2007, 05:11 PM
I'd say there is no difference between a hacked and unhacked weapon... Their both weapons and thewirs no way you can tell

Niloklives
Sep 21, 2007, 08:13 PM
that's my point. there's no way to prove the validity of a weapon. so unless you found it yourself, you're just going to have to have to go with it. in either case, 80 mil is not a fair price for any board - let alone one with a synth rate so low you're puttong it in your PM with a hope and a prayer

Syl
Sep 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
Well, I haven't seen any max meseta people going around as much as I used to (gina is one, but It said It buys It's weapons and meseta with IRL money <_<).

And even though everyone's pricing their s ranks at such high prices, don't forget not everyone has that much meseta anymore. That's why our prices steadily drop.

Raven5_1
Sep 21, 2007, 08:26 PM
i only have 1 million meseta between 2 characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and i only managed to keep it at that amount due to spamming HSM...

damn i need cash.

Niloklives
Sep 21, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-09-21 18:20, SylviaEspada wrote:
Well, I haven't seen any max meseta people going around as much as I used to (gina is one, but It said It buys It's weapons and meseta with IRL money <_<).

And even though everyone's pricing their s ranks at such high prices, don't forget not everyone has that much meseta anymore. That's why our prices steadily drop.

oh I know. it just boggles my mind whenever I see people charging such outrageous prices even for PS2/PC standards.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 21, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-09-21 18:20, SylviaEspada wrote:

Ah, that explains why It died in HSM C when I played with It a couple of months ago. At level 80 or something, too.

BlackHat
Sep 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
Well that's the last time I run around with Max Meseta on a lvl 10.

DonRoyale
Sep 21, 2007, 11:01 PM
I was there for the haxeta boom, so, despite my low level, I hold about 7M to my name.

I'm trying to expand, but to no avail so far. I always end up spending it on something or other :<

guise709
Sep 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
On 2007-09-21 10:06, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-09-21 10:01, beatrixkiddo wrote:

then take into play the crazy 360 folk who get their special groups together to do 6 min runs O.o

Imagine u play this run for 10 hours straight(some do) Finish each mission in 6 min and it gives about 20k.

thats 10 times an hour, so 200k an hour for 10 hours.

If your a SUPER-HARDCORE-ELITIST then u can make about 2 mil a day at seabed.

so they could get 10 mil in 1 weeks. If they really had NO LIFE watsoever. But then again thats my explination for 360 people having all S ranks and 50% weapons and armors of all elements, and still have liike 20-30 mil on them >.>

more like super-hardcore-loser then elitist

Randomness
Sep 22, 2007, 09:38 AM
On 2007-09-21 18:26, Raven5_1 wrote:
i only have 1 million meseta between 2 characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and i only managed to keep it at that amount due to spamming HSM...

damn i need cash.

I only have 700k between 3 chars... You're better off than I am.

Turb0
Sep 22, 2007, 10:52 PM
With all the S ranks running around I know that some people have found boards and made them, but there's plenty of people who have bought multiple S ranks. And like the psycho wand boards selling for 30 or 40 mil...where do you people get so much money?? What missions do you do and/or do you hunt for rare things and then sell them? I don't know, but I seem to only get around 500k a day just doing seabed a lot and it takes a lot more than that to buy the kind of stuff some people have.

EDIT: I know some people buy off of ebay but for those who don't...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turb0 on 2007-09-22 20:54 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Sep 22, 2007, 10:54 PM
Let's disregard illegit means of obtaining meseta.

You said you can make 500,000 a day doing Seabed? Well, there are plenty of people who have been around for enough days to make tens of millions that way.

Syl
Sep 22, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm assuming this is 360 <_<

But yeah, one easy way I would assume is to get yourself out of seaber where nothing valuable drops and hope a board drops, then sell it.

DonRoyale
Sep 22, 2007, 10:57 PM
Assuming 360, just do HSM or Seabed to work up the money. Seabed's rares also sell pretty moderately, so I've heard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

beatrixkiddo
Sep 22, 2007, 11:10 PM
Well the game's almost been out for a whole year so >_>

Turb0
Sep 22, 2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah I'm on 360 but seabed's rares pretty much suck for value. I guess doing a lot of seabed would do it but some people's palettes are like 40-50 mil and that would take a while to get.

gryphonvii
Sep 22, 2007, 11:24 PM
I knew a couple, did nothing but hsm on b all day long, on an average day between the two of them they made a million a day. Give or take a couple thousand for days that they found good parties or bad parties, and within a week you have over seven mil. Not bad eh?

WildArms2
Sep 22, 2007, 11:54 PM
like they said money is easy to get the games been out a year and if you make 500k a day you have ton and tons of cash then.

Your better off running a mission that drops a S rank than running seabed say you get 500k a day for running c bed if you find one board that will sell for 4 mil that would be like doing seabed for 8 days staright. As you get high enough you can find plenty of s ranks you may be unlucky and not get many of them but they do drop.

CelestialBlade
Sep 23, 2007, 12:22 AM
It's not hard to earn money from missions if you don't mind horrible amounts of repetition.

Complex_Jao
Sep 23, 2007, 12:30 AM
NO HSM!!! Go kill urself if u spam HSM

D1ABOLIK
Sep 23, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-09-22 22:30, Complex_Jao wrote:
NO HSM!!!agreed.I know the reward.But people seriously please stop spammin hsm.Only place you can find partys is seabed or hsm.Thats lame.

________
HERBALAIRE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

Menochi
Sep 23, 2007, 12:40 AM
They're fixing that, so don't worry about it. HSM will die off soon enough.

Complex_Jao
Sep 23, 2007, 12:41 AM
Yah It Better

omegapirate2k
Sep 23, 2007, 12:42 AM
Most of the money I've made has been selling some of the rarer mats I pick up or running through S2 missions looking for S ranks with my party.

Niloklives
Sep 23, 2007, 08:40 AM
as for the PS2/{C side, people would have more money if they'd stop overpricing stuff. I'm telling you I don't care what board it is, 50 mil is too much. 50 for S rank mats is too much. 5k for photons is too much. 20k for kubara wood is too much. and anything over NPC price is too much. I stil see vulcaline going for 400k in shops run by players that are still around, so I know its not residual.

first step to lining your pockets: reasonable pricing in your store.
Second step: not buying things at unreasonable prices. many of those who still have our money are able to keepit cause we only buy stuff when we see killer deals. seriosuly. there are very few things you NEED to buy. so dont throw away all your money on something you likely don't need. the shopl keepers will be forced to lower their prices til somone buys it and the lower prices begin turning into standards.

pikachief
Sep 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
woot my serafi feather sold for some reason so now im back to 600k! lol i made like 400k in a week! GO ME FOR BEING BORED OF THIS GAME!

i need PA frags..... for the reason i cannot say till tuesday.

pikachief
Sep 23, 2007, 09:24 AM
On 2007-09-22 20:52, Turb0 wrote:
With all the S ranks running around I know that some people have found boards and made them, but there's plenty of people who have bought multiple S ranks. And like the psycho wand boards selling for 30 or 40 mil...where do you people get so much money?? What missions do you do and/or do you hunt for rare things and then sell them? I don't know, but I seem to only get around 500k a day just doing seabed a lot and it takes a lot more than that to buy the kind of stuff some people have.

EDIT: I know some people buy off of ebay but for those who don't...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turb0 on 2007-09-22 20:54 ]</font>

My friend has gotten 2 deva zashi's and a halp serafi and a sweet death and i think either a rucar or a crea doubles. She bought them all. deva-zashi's for 6 mil and the halp for like 8 mil. and the sweet detahj for 3 mil.

She bought them al with seabed money. So yea 500k a day is good. u can buy a cheap S rank every week that way so stop complaining http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

F-Gattaca
Sep 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-09-23 07:24, pikachief wrote:
She bought them al with seabed money. So yea 500k a day is good. u can buy a cheap S rank every week that way so stop complaining http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, I'll complain.

My beloved Muzzlefever ... priced at 75 million meseta ...

*sobs*

AeraLure
Sep 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
I played from day one up until the meseta boom, then closed all my shops and simply played without that income. Quit in February. Thinking of returning. Possibly today. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I have maybe 140k and 5-6* weapons. Its all good though. Make do with what you can and just try to have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2007-09-23 07:36 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 23, 2007, 09:43 AM
That's the funny thing. I've generally kept my own shop open, but I don't suffer from a huge glut of haxeta.

I mean, look at me--level 90 CAST, here. The most I ever had on all four of my characters was, oh, 7 million--and at least 2 million of that was rewards from winning some of Deja's contests.

It might be because I'm unwilling to gouge my prices. I stick by my 50% store price policy the best I can, and even where elemental photons are concerned, I don't sell for more than 5k. Recently I've been doing 2.5k, with 1k on Megi-photons (and they still do not sell! I've got more than 99 of them now, dammit!).

Right now I have maybe 2.5 million meseta to my name across all my characters. I've only made around 100k these past few weeks, mainly from selling low quality weapons/armor for lowbies and people seeking to feed their PM, as well as bio drops (for less than 100 meseta! It's a bargain!) and Kerseline/Vestaline ...

So if there's a lot of meseta out there it's really passing me by.

Guildenstern
Sep 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
People have accused me sometimes of haxeta, but I don't think they know that I've been playing since November...80% of it solo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif So I end up with a lot of money because I get to keep all the loot since I'm alone. You make a significant amount of money that way.

I guess they get angry at me because I won't give them any of my money when they ask for it...but getting money in this game is so easy I don't even see why people ask for it. XD

PJ
Sep 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
I'm so fucking poor. I wanted to sell my Frying Pan for 5 mil, cause everyone else was selling it for 6 mil. It was there for a week till I finally decided to lower it to like, 700k. It sold, and I got to buy 2 ARank Armours. Now I'm poor again.

StanleyPain
Sep 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
Haxeta has nothing to do with it. There are also places online you can buy farmed meseta, and I'm sure that explains a lot.

AeraLure
Sep 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-09-23 10:28, StanleyPain wrote:
Haxeta has nothing to do with it.

Its mostly haxeta. Certainly cant say it has nothing to do with it. Billions on end were created for months and months without restraint. Most of it is simply traded between players. Some of it went to in-game sinks but I'd still bet that to be only 20-30% of it. A lot of players had that as an edge and still do have it to fall back on.

People can mathematically farm millions in a week, by doing that hours on end day in day out. Some do. Before I quit I did that as opposed to having to have a shop take in haxeta, but I didnt have the rewards available now. Got up to 800k on two occasions, but that was laughable during the haxeta boom and near useless.

I imagine its not as bad as it was, but I cant say. Considering returning, but have my doubts. I have no meseta stores etc. Could maybe knock out a few million in a week, but in reading the forums prices still seem terribly high.

Anyway, I consider it now water under the bridge. History that cant be changed. As in PSO after events happened on each of its versions, seems simply best not to dwell on it and try to have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2007-09-23 10:42 ]</font>

Alamar
Sep 23, 2007, 03:34 PM
I made good money on my shop not max mesata or anything but I made good. I keep my prices as low as possible. di 3k, gra 950, ray 8k etc copernia 20k. thats how u make money its the walmart theory sell low but sell alot I really wish people in this game would understand that concept. I.E. I seen a shop with 30 diads 1 mill each now if i had them they be 300-400k they be gone in a few days. I got money in my pocket while "this" guy still has em for oh my guess couple months now. Oh he sold one lol. bottom line is some people just know how to sell things it is all not haxeta they have some yes some just are good shop owners. so my thing is SELL LOW SELL ALOT. and its not that hard after you grind for that rare to have a lot of stuff btw.

Niloklives
Sep 23, 2007, 11:40 PM
you know it's not unreasonable to get ray photons for 1k now...I could list off 10 shops that have ray photons in stock daily and sell for 1k...I won't cause then i'd have to compete for them, but the point is getting photons cheap is easy.

copernia for 20k is laughable. I never buy copernia anymore but when I did I either traded for it or spent not mor ethan 10k. now that you can actually FARM it, people aren't buyinng the stuff and kubara wood I can get for under 4k regularly. prices are dropping rappidly. the reason is the people with money are holding their ends until AoI. Increased Synth rates promises of better results, new weapon boards, etc. if you wanna sell anything as f now, you have to have the best goddamned price on the market and even then, it has to be a good price.

That is to say S rank boards now adays priced higher than 20mil don't sell and the more common ones don't sell for even 15mil. unless people come down in prices, those with money will be holding onto said money for a long time

Vickie
Sep 24, 2007, 12:06 AM
i sold the first made rikauteri for 37 million. so i say leave seabed and just look for boards, get yall asses to Desert Goliath S2 and find the 11* Guns already
(360 people)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2007-09-23 22:08 ]</font>

Alamar
Sep 24, 2007, 03:38 AM
i do sell copernia for 20k btw so it is not a laugh to me

Niloklives
Sep 24, 2007, 05:55 AM
people actually buy it? *sigh* well ignorant/lazy people for the win eh?

Alura
Sep 24, 2007, 06:23 AM
i have uh 250mil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif well i save alot of my money dont really spend. i hunt alot and sell and trade thats how i get money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Sep 24, 2007, 06:54 AM
I hunt a lot and never find anything...gib stuff.