PDA

View Full Version : What would of made PSU experience more richer?

Raven5_1
Sep 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
okay with AOI around the corner for some which includes new stuff like new area's, new rares/weapons/clothes/parts, a beefed up episode 2, and a new episode 3, i started to look back at what has come before and i wondered

Just what would have made the PSU experience more rewarding/more fun/ mor engrossing i'm not talking about nostalgia(ps series homages etc), synth/grind rates or rare drops, i'm not talking about improved stats or what we know is coming in AOI...

No, what i mean is what twists to the story/ game structure would of enriched the whole experience.

to me i think that PSU would of benefited from actual Career choices being available.

i'm not talking about job types, what i mean is: instead of becoming a guardian, you could join the AMF or become a Rogue, imagine train rescue being played from the Rogues point of view where you have to take out train security and secure the train or being part of the AMF purification teams imagine how it would effect the people you meet on missions

anyway what do you think? my question to you all is simple:

Just what do you believe would of improved/enrichened the PSU experience based on the paramaters i mentioned in the second and third paragraphs above?

Zorafim
Sep 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
Fina.

Zabrio
Sep 21, 2007, 07:25 PM
PVP

Mayu
Sep 21, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-09-21 17:25, Zaro wrote:
PVP

NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF

NERF X 1000000
NERF DIGA TOO MUCH DAMAGE ON ME OH NOES
NERF DUS DAGGAS
Everyones going to go be whiny and stuff not that well we are now but MOREEEEE Lol

Other then that

hmmm.....bosses that are HARD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-21 17:30 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 21, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-09-21 17:30, Mayu wrote:
hmmm.....bosses that are HARD without being unnecessarily cheap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fixed. Difficulty is one thing, having an attack that can instantly kill you unless you're always halfway across the room is another.
Now, it's not too much to ask for strategy in my RPGs, is it?

BanF
Sep 21, 2007, 07:35 PM
Vehicles. Go to the Flyer Base and choose a mission like always, or choose a vehicle mission, appropiate to the planet, and that gives you the choice to go to pretty much any other lobby (only the mission lasts longer depending on the lobby you're aiming for).

Raven5_1
Sep 21, 2007, 07:39 PM
out of interest how many of you would join the AMF if it had been an option at the begining?

HFlowen
Sep 21, 2007, 07:39 PM

PVP

NERF X 1000000
NERF DUS DAGGAS
Everyones going to go be whiny and stuff not that well we are now but MOREEEEE Lol

Other then that

hmmm.....bosses that are HARD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pfft, Diga moves like 2 miles per hour.

On the other hand you could probably close your eyes and cast Nos-diga and still win.... Yea, no PVP.

Birchum
Sep 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
How about just completely erase the story altogether? The thing that annoyed me the most is how horribly scripted the story was (even more than axe-toting hunters and tornado dance using fighgunners that think sending a mob in 7 different directions is justified by *BIG NUMBARZ ZOMG*)

Wallin
Sep 21, 2007, 07:48 PM
I think it would've helped to have rares that are actually rares and would drop once in a while, versus 'ultra super special deluxe mega supreme one-per-server legendaries'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That and more than one way to hunt when the game first came out, I think that really killed the game. "Yay, I just started, kill some rappies till I'm 5, now I'll go to Parum and grind my brains out on dragon runs. Wow, this is actually kind of boring. * quit * *repeat 1,000 times *"

Zorafim
Sep 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
We need a story. Or rather, I want one to a high degree. Story mode is one of my highlights when playing the game, even if it sucks. Though the way it's going now, I think it's going to pick up very soon.

Authenticate
Sep 21, 2007, 07:52 PM
If they could kill the slowdown in the outdoor areas all together, that'd be great. Hate using NPCs because if they go see through while following, the slowdown is bleh.

Bosses where everyone has something they can do, even if the boss is in the air. Maybe make it so the boss will summon minions or if you destroy something, it'll be forced to the ground. Making the bosses more multi-stage like some of the PSO ones would be cool, too.

MSAksion
Sep 21, 2007, 11:22 PM
less repetitive. Its the drop rate that is horrendous that makes us all spam the same place over and over FIVE HUNDRED TIMES (i dunno i feels like that manY) runs of Demons Above and NEVER finding a me/Quick let alone a har/Quick.

More than ONE Path. Duel in the Ruins/Ragnus is a GREAT example. One path is short and one path is long. The team MUST split up to complete the mission and meet up at the end. It makes it more interesting.

Multiple paths may lead to different difficulties. Let's say the short way gets to the boss quicker but its harder. Or you can take the long route and it'll be great to level up PAs. its up to you. PLUS you can send the lowbies down the long path to earn lots of exp while you deal with the real threats with the higher levels.

Rashiid
Sep 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
What would of made PSU experience more richer

being on PC/Ps2 servers.

Mayu
Sep 21, 2007, 11:29 PM
~Throws a PS2 at Rashiid

Go nutz

Freshellent
Sep 21, 2007, 11:35 PM
On 2007-09-21 21:23, Rashiid wrote:

What would of made PSU experience more richer

being on PC/Ps2 servers.

Hmm. Still waiting for the punchline...

This game is getting Just Counter/Attack. I'm happy. The story gets better with time. The only thing I could really ask for is a option to customize my HUD.

It's a simple game,but I think it'd be more interesting if we could see how much damage your partner is doing,what he's casting what traps are being layed.

"Victor has placed -Shock-(1)Trap on the ground,
Aden is casting -Resta-,Einhart is low on health!"

Things like a % bar on PA's when I hold down the pallet button. This is nit pickin' I know when I hit crits,but it'd be kinda nice if you saw a little icon pop up when you did.

We hella don't need any of that,but it'd still make the game appear more interesting.

Sinue_v2
Sep 21, 2007, 11:37 PM
I want barstools at Gawiks pub. If they were to add those, I would make a fat black haried AFK character named Norm Peterson and just sit at the bar all day when I'm not playing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-09-21 21:37 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 21, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-09-21 21:29, Mayu wrote:
~Throws a PS2 at Rashiid

Go nutz

*grabs bandaid*

....hey hey whats w/ tha slowdown here??

oh a free halarod? why thank you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zantra
Sep 21, 2007, 11:59 PM
The title of this thread, hurts my brain.

What would have made PSU a rich experience for me?

If they would unlock the entire PSU disk, by the time AOI comes out in America.

But, that won't happen... and why is your question in the past tense?

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 22, 2007, 12:00 AM
12-24 party slots + bigger map/worlds to explore than narrow corridors.

Menochi
Sep 22, 2007, 12:04 AM
On 2007-09-21 21:22, MSAksion wrote:
less repetitive. Its the drop rate that is horrendous that makes us all spam the same place over and over FIVE HUNDRED TIMES (i dunno i feels like that manY) runs of Demons Above and NEVER finding a me/Quick let alone a har/Quick.

More than ONE Path. Duel in the Ruins/Ragnus is a GREAT example. One path is short and one path is long. The team MUST split up to complete the mission and meet up at the end. It makes it more interesting.

Multiple paths may lead to different difficulties. Let's say the short way gets to the boss quicker but its harder. Or you can take the long route and it'll be great to level up PAs. its up to you. PLUS you can send the lowbies down the long path to earn lots of exp while you deal with the real threats with the higher levels.

The fiesta mission has two paths to choose from after the first room, resulting in different enemies and different bosses at the end. Hopefully those kind of missions make more than this one appearance though.

Broodstar1337
Sep 22, 2007, 12:09 AM
Servers that are planet-specific. Instead of having many small servers encompass all the hub-worlds, why not have two or three big servers that are world specific (Ex. Two dedicated Parum Universes and Two dedicated Neudaiz servers, etc.). That way, you don't have to do retarded server-hops just to find a party for a mission, the people that take up space on the Colony's 4th floor will only take up their space, and you still have that other server just in case you need to get away from everyone else or if there's a server crash or something...

Menochi
Sep 22, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-09-21 22:09, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Servers that are planet-specific. Instead of having many small servers encompass all the hub-worlds, why not have two or three big servers that are world specific (Ex. Two dedicated Parum Universes and Two dedicated Neudaiz servers, etc.). That way, you don't have to do retarded server-hops just to find a party for a mission, the people that take up space on the Colony's 4th floor will only take up their space, and you still have that other server just in case you need to get away from everyone else or if there's a server crash or something...

You're getting that come AoI as well, assumably. Japan recently got planet specific servers, along with the generic universe numbers.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 22, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-09-21 22:10, Menochi wrote:

You're getting that come AoI as well, assumably. Japan recently got planet specific servers, along with the generic universe numbers.

Yeah, except everyone will still randomly just go to Universe 2.

Menochi
Sep 22, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-09-21 22:24, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-09-21 22:10, Menochi wrote:

Yeah, except everyone will still randomly just go to Universe 2.

Well works fine on JP server, I'd hope its not that bad on yours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Lykos
Sep 22, 2007, 01:01 AM
I think the open-worldness of other MMOs could work well with PSU...
More creativity...
More customization...
Custom classes? Heck yeah.
More individuality with your online identity...
PSU could have been a great game, it just seems like Sega didn't put that much effort into it.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 22, 2007, 01:02 AM
Well there's hardly enough people to fill up one Uni on PS2, so everyone would just HAVE to stick to one universe if they want to catch a glimpse of humanity >_>

Zantra
Sep 22, 2007, 01:05 AM
On 2007-09-21 23:01, Lykos wrote:
More creativity...
More customization...
PSU could have been a great game, it just seems like Sega didn't put that much effort into it.

That's because... PSU isn't an MMO, sonic team is only going to market the game, as long as it makes them money. They're not in it, for the long haul. PSU is a disposable ORPG, like PSO. Once the player base, drops below 25,000 players, they'll probably pull the plug. PS2/PC users will be playing on private servers, and Xbox 360 owners will be stuck in permanent winter. History, has a way of repeating itself.

A2K
Sep 22, 2007, 01:13 AM
More creativity...
More customization...

Those are all rather vague, and none of those things are necessarily intrinsic to open-world MMO games.

(Custom classes is an exception, I think, in that I don't know of any online RPG does that--plenty of offline ones, sure, but there are balance considerations unique to cooperative play versus the solo play found in those.)

Grass is greener syndrome, I suppose?

Lykos
Sep 22, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-09-21 23:13, A2K wrote:

More creativity...
More customization...

Those are all rather vague, and none of those things are necessarily intrinsic to open-world MMO games.

(Custom classes is an exception, I think, in that I don't know of any online RPG does that--plenty of offline ones, sure, but there are balance considerations unique to cooperative play versus the solo play found in those.)

Grass is greener syndrome, I suppose?

Oh, those were all separate ideas, my bad, that post was kind of screwy.

Alisha
Sep 22, 2007, 01:45 AM
psu is way to generic and not specialized enough.

bloodflowers
Sep 22, 2007, 01:54 AM
More events and more users.

Raven5_1
Sep 22, 2007, 04:41 AM
more npc partner choices.

also if a play has an alt, once the player has lvled chars to a specific level you gain the ability to use as a mpc

the ability to buy npc clothing, i want ethans hoodie, maya's dress, laia's top and pants. nav's clothes

and the ability to use Npc faces in character creation/alteration, i want to make crazy old man casts!

oh and why isnt bald a hair option?

DavidNel
Sep 22, 2007, 07:50 AM
More users and a universal quest screen. I usually don't know where the quests are until it's too late (it dies down). I don't play everyday, so it would really help to have this screen.

Also, people who would actually stay in parties. I'm not on often enough to have any "friends" online, so if random people were together for more than one run, it would really help.

AeraLure
Sep 22, 2007, 07:52 AM
Better level design. The layouts to me are not as interesting and well thought out as I think they could be. Scenery within an area is not as varied as it could be either. Both make a big difference when playing areas over and over.

Wallin
Sep 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
PSU's problem is that exploration is meaningless, we have a satellite and 3 planets but they have less movable space than Elywnn Forest in WoW. Whereas every other game you're constantly progressing from one area to another for stronger monsters and harder dungeons, or just walking around the world to see the scenery, in PSU you could just stay at one hotspot like HSM from 1 to 100 on the various difficulties and it would be as equally worthless as running around to every other deserted mission in the game.

Randomness
Sep 22, 2007, 10:14 AM
Definitely more rares. And by rare, I mean rare as it was in PSO. Give some common, Varista-ish stuff, and some uber Double-Cannon type stuff.

omegapirate2k
Sep 22, 2007, 10:39 AM
On 2007-09-21 17:39, Raven5_1 wrote:
out of interest how many of you would join the AMF if it had been an option at the begining?

The clan?

Fuck that shit.

It would have been nice to have had some help in the form of friends who were with me for more than a few missions, as I just drifted for my first 40 levels or so with little in the way of consistent parties.

omegapirate2k
Sep 22, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-09-21 17:39, Raven5_1 wrote:

The clan?

Fuck that shit.

It would have been nice to have had some help in the form of friends who were with me for more than a few missions, as I just drifted for my first 40 levels or so with little in the way of consistent parties.

Koji1m1
Sep 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
well few thing tht i think tht could make psu interesting is the abillity to give ur npc commands even though they can be automaticly revived the AI is abysmol unless u got tonnio which the little bastard is actaully useful in fight other than PMS. and another thing is tht the enemies should be a little more balanced on what can kill them Because almost all the large enemies or 3/4 are melee Resist and lv 21-30 bullets and TECHS can take them down and i think the same thing could be said about the Robots too as for the Open world stuff that would be great too and could make psu less tedious.

Mayu
Sep 22, 2007, 11:30 AM
-.- Oh yes

Make stupid bots NOT melee resistance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Hey look it me doing 55 damage
as my alt does 1200 ra zonde damage or rather yet my other alt that has Killer shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Sep 22, 2007, 11:37 AM
if those robots can; i say our PMs should be melee resistant too!

Menochi
Sep 22, 2007, 11:37 AM
On 2007-09-22 09:30, Mayu wrote:
-.- Oh yes

Make stupid bots NOT melee resistance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
as my alt does 1200 ra zonde damage or rather yet my other alt that has Killer shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I deal about 900 damage with my twin earth claws on lv110 bots now.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 22, 2007, 04:17 PM
This world feels barren and empty. It needs more culture. What goes on in the everyday lives of the people we're supposed to be protecting from utter doom? Why is the club always closed and the pub always dry? Is the Divine Maiden the only popular celebrity on this system other than that dopey news reporter (and I don't mean Chloe)? Why is everyone a ghost in online mode?

Mayu
Sep 22, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-09-22 09:37, Menochi wrote:

-.- Oh yes

In about 2 months

ok I'll do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 22, 2007, 06:53 PM
PSU needs only to have free roam areas, Random Enemy Spawning missions, MAKEABLE rare armors and weapons, FINDABLE Armors and weapons, Lesser powered rares that are common, like Varista, DB's saber, and even a Kaladbolg.

oh, and the one thing I wish they had---

Shots.

from PSO, Shots were great suppressive weapons.

A Shot on PSO held 5 shots, like on the Shotguns, but the 5 shots AUTO-AIMED at 5 separate targets, shots going through any untargeted enemy, without damaging them.

Sure, keep it's attack power minimal like a Shotgun's, but give it a Rifle like "Half-stun", or twitch, if you will.

And edit the Grenader's shot range to be changeable depending on how close the enemy is, but not beyond it's current max range already.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-09-22 16:53, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

Sure, keep it's attack power minimal like a Shotgun's, but give it a Rifle like "Half-stun", or twitch, if you will.With the recent JP changes for AoI, all guns cause that sort of flinch, allegedly.

And edit the Grenader's shot range to be changeable depending on how close the enemy is, but not beyond it's current max range already.

So you'd like a grenade to explode at your feet? >_>

The range of grenade launcher is fine, considering it is so situational.

Koji1m1
Sep 22, 2007, 07:07 PM

-.- Oh yes

900 damage to any robot........ ethier thats scarcasim or u must got a 50% ground on those claws

Broodstar1337
Sep 22, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-09-22 17:07, Koji1m1 wrote:

-.- Oh yes

900 damage to any robot........ ethier thats scarcasim or u must got a 50% ground on those claws

or 50% lightning.

SStrikerR
Sep 22, 2007, 08:25 PM
exp easier to get for lv 40s-55s.
at 40, what can you do?
sure, i few S rank missions, but unless you run them 6 times+, u wont lv.
im at 49 and 1/2 right now, and it really sucks.

hey is the mission with the carriguine on S good exp for a lv 50?
if it is, ima gonna head there within the next 3 days.

guise709
Sep 22, 2007, 10:09 PM
there is so much they could have done in this game to make it good heck it has AAA title potential if it spent the money and listened to the fans. As for what I would like it would be cool if the combat was't constant mashing of the X and Y buttons but a combo system for each weapon. A structured combo system mind you one you find in your typical hardcore fighting game like Soul Calibur or Tekken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: guise709 on 2007-09-22 20:10 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 22, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-09-22 16:53, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
from PSO, Shots were great suppressive weapons.

A Shot on PSO held 5 shots, like on the Shotguns, but the 5 shots AUTO-AIMED at 5 separate targets, shots going through any untargeted enemy, without damaging them.

Sure, keep it's attack power minimal like a Shotgun's, but give it a Rifle like "Half-stun", or twitch, if you will.

I've never seen a Shot other than the SilentShot from PSII (which did no damage but would paralyze a single enely), but this Shot sounds like it is made of fail for the sole reason that it auto-aims. Also, the Fan/Card sounds a lot like this weapon, except that it only goes for a single target...which I do think is lame. This is the company that brought us Panzer Dragoon, so a lock-on laser weapon should have been done WAY better than that. (Never mind that in PD in order to lock on to something you had to actually aim your weapon at the enemies you wanna lock on to!) Stupid fans/cards.

I do agree that the Grenade's shot range should have bene alterable, but it should be a manual adjustment, not automatically according to where an enemy goes. Also, friendly fire, at least on yourself, should be implimented just to keep grenadiers on their toes. Imagine firing the grenade straight up and being like OH SHIT and running away to avoid hurting yourself. This might even work as a good strategy at times! Vahra chasing me? I'll just fire straight up and run while the vahra runs under the grenade! Muahahaha!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-09-22 20:47 ]</font>

Zwick_
Sep 23, 2007, 12:31 AM
I would like if there was a lot more strategy other than button mashing, it is the reason that i get tired of this game all the time.

First Person mode would also be very cool, and not just for firing guns.

Also a huge problem is the community in this game is more than 70% assholes who don't even play the game for the fun aspect of it, but just to get things out of it.

And finally, if it actually was rewarding for people who put more time into the game (although this kind of sounds contradictory to my last idea). I have 900 hours on this game and dont have one thing really considered rare at all when I see people who cant even tell you what most of the missions are in the game and they have a pallete full of 50% S rank weapons and they then look down upon everyone who actually paid their dues in the game

Long post, but yes its over now

Alamar
Sep 23, 2007, 03:14 PM
turn the club into a strip club you pay 100 mesata for a vip room.....no wait sorry..... have to say the "rare weapons" like said b4 the uber ultra zomg rares should be a little easier to get that would help with prices too. and strip club http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MT7218
Sep 23, 2007, 03:58 PM
I say they should make the enemies more unique. I'm sick of seening blantant reskins of the same monster everywhere. Vanda/Vahra/Gohmon/Delsaban should really be the only reskins out there: Make everything else more unique, similar to PSO, where the reskins they made were so diffrent it doesn't seem like a reskin, like diffrence between Wolves in the Forest and Gibbons from GDV, or just have flat out unique enemies to an area or two, like Batantz. Along with this: I'd like more unique areas for quests. Sick of seeing the same map used for 8 bazzilion missions throughout the game. AoI will give us more maps that are, I hope, are not re-used in every single mission outside of specal ones like Bruce or HSM and the like.

Weak
Sep 23, 2007, 04:08 PM
- Atmosphere.

- More simple item progression.

- Longer missions with more balanced rewards, bonuses for doing all the missions on a planet in a row.

- Less painful synthesis system, make boards learnable rather than consumable

- Etc.

rogue_robot
Sep 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
As for the custom classes thing...

How about elimination of classes entirely? Restrictions based only on stats, which you manually set (within race-defined limits) at start? Levels for each individual ability (including key stats), which increase based on what you use? (A running total can be kept for display / XP tabulation purposes.)

Yeah, I know, tons of n00bs will just pick the "best" weapon and Resta, and use absolutely nothing else if ST did that, but I say stop pandering to the lowest common denominator. N00bs will always abuse the game's features - trying to stop them only ends up hurting the more creative players.

The_Big_Show
Sep 23, 2007, 06:54 PM
If I could fill up the party with my NPCs so that I can actually have some help with missions nobody ever goes to. Me, Tonnio, and my PM can only do so much!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 23, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-09-23 14:21, rogue_robot wrote:
As for the custom classes thing...

How about elimination of classes entirely? Restrictions based only on stats, which you manually set (within race-defined limits) at start? Levels for each individual ability (including key stats), which increase based on what you use? (A running total can be kept for display / XP tabulation purposes.)

Yeah, I know, tons of n00bs will just pick the "best" weapon and Resta, and use absolutely nothing else if ST did that, but I say stop pandering to the lowest common denominator. N00bs will always abuse the game's features - trying to stop them only ends up hurting the more creative players.

Eww, no.

One of my favorite things about PSO/U is how you don't have to micromanage your stats. Just let me pick something and level up.

This also wouldn't work with PSU because some stats are worthless compared to others (MST and DFP comapred to HP, for instance).

Menochi
Sep 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
To increase dfp, you'd NEED resta because you'd have to let enemies beat on you for 200 hours in order to increase it by one point.

Works for single player RPGs, not for MMOs, unless you're from Korea.

rogue_robot
Sep 23, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well, I can see how my suggestion would easily irritate people not into micromanaging their stats, though I personally prefer it.

As for worthless / hard to level stats under such a system:

1) HP, etc., would be based on "hidden" stats that are balanced against the others.
2) A bonus Xp pool derived from kills (and assists) would alleviate the Dfp issue (like in Fable, for instance).

Menochi
Sep 23, 2007, 09:31 PM
Comparing it to fable would've been a bit better than just leaving it a vague non-referential. I don't have anything to complain about it really now other than what you stated earlier. Still prefer PSU's current system, as it (usually) has a person use a weapon an ungodly amount of time and really get to know it well.

rogue_robot
Sep 23, 2007, 09:41 PM
@Menochi: Sorry about the generality. Glad you have a better idea now of what I was getting at.

Actually, I agree with you on the weapon familiarity. If I was to really get my way, I would have it such that as you use a weapon more, your "proficiency" with that type of weapon increases, allowing you to use better weapons (C->B->A...), and increasing your ATA with that weapon type, or something to that effect.

Ryno
Sep 23, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-09-21 17:22, Raven5_1 wrote:
okay with AOI around the corner for some which includes new stuff like new area's, new rares/weapons/clothes/parts, a beefed up episode 2, and a new episode 3, i started to look back at what has come before and i wondered

Just what would have made the PSU experience more rewarding/more fun/ mor engrossing i'm not talking about nostalgia(ps series homages etc), synth/grind rates or rare drops, i'm not talking about improved stats or what we know is coming in AOI...

No, what i mean is what twists to the story/ game structure would of enriched the whole experience.

to me i think that PSU would of benefited from actual Career choices being available.

i'm not talking about job types, what i mean is: instead of becoming a guardian, you could join the AMF or become a Rogue, imagine train rescue being played from the Rogues point of view where you have to take out train security and secure the train or being part of the AMF purification teams imagine how it would effect the people you meet on missions

anyway what do you think? my question to you all is simple:

Just what do you believe would of improved/enrichened the PSU experience based on the paramaters i mentioned in the second and third paragraphs above?

making a movie since final fantasy advent children made one..

Shishi-O
Sep 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-09-21 21:59, Zantra wrote:
The title of this thread, hurts my brain.

What would have made PSU a rich experience for me?

If they would unlock the entire PSU disk, by the time AOI comes out in America.

But, that won't happen... and why is your question in the past tense?

a dash / parry button for hunters

A gohst type limit break for forces where they depending in what spell they use " becom" that element and envelope the enemy, SEs all- round.

For human...if protranser actually put them on par with, any class

1) actual ATP that reflects in the lvl 30 skills

2) traps that do real damage, not damage a fortegunners can outdo just shooting a frickin rifle... I mean seriously, lvl 4 SE from a rifle? And lvl 3 from a trap that is supposed to be all SE?? I mean that is the purpose of a trap,

FG- be able to use all guns available/ unattainable skill lvl by other type in that forte
FF- able to use all maylee weps available/ unattainable skill lvl by other type in that forte
FT- able to use all teching equip./ unattainable technique lvl by other type in that forte

Forte classes should eclipse all mixed types in skill refinement of their specialization. Meaning if u saw a 3rd grade FF it would be entrance lvl no matter the job lvl, as opposed to a 1st grade wick would miss less and get more critical hits, do more damage, move faster... True refinement

Not having lvl caps so much as making it frikkin hard to lvl on a curve, there are guys that have been here forever that frikkin nubes can laugh at...( wtf???) cuz they have the same lvl. The level should be reflected in the xperience of the player and not a chosen lvl cap.

i mean when u see a level 100, u should know omfg!

mixed classes should be able to use all of both wep types at varying proficiences, ( i mean if ur a Fi you wouldn't use an axe as opposed to a dblsbr if you miss more and do less damage with an axe) but the choice is still there.

and no s-rank restrictions ( aside from type wep usage ).

also s-ranks are laughable they should be mystical ? legendary, not 15 atp above a 9*( a 10* s-rank should equal a 9* +15 in atp/ pp lvl).

if u read manga u should know the difference between fodder and S-rank anything.

pm device not being tomogochi, was a huge fuck up on sega's part, this would generate an insane amount of activity, more people would stay in the game if they could raise a tomogochi, like programable war machine/ raise its ability to do things.

1) actually using good ai ( user programmable through usage ), i personall want a VMU unit where inteligence of pm can be trained though mini games and, pm fed in unit( dreamcast users u know what i mean...especially if u played the sky pirate games( VMU, i would run out of batteries, no lie)
this again would generate insane activity and user retention.

2) ability to grow its skillset past luck, yes i mean synthing, doing something alot makes you better at it, synthing " luck" is a gimp, even if it's a high curve i would rather that than " luck ", cuz i would eventually after making a 100k weps, be able to make the best weps and sell more, like a career choice, again this would lead to a higher activity/ retention of the user base

overall character stats,...i would love to be an elite grade guardian, then s-ranked guardian where all skillset for all weps and types are refined to thier best, ( i know for a fact that i would never stop working for this) it would generate a shyte load of activity/ interest/ retention of the user base.

pp generate s ranked unit ( generates pp on all weps equiped, on character. so u can use one while they all regenerate ).

a kubara shield.

a kubara ore( ie. vulcaline )

being able to chose the ingredients to use for a board type and grade of wep/ shield....kubara only,...maybe XD

better colision detection.

s-ranked specialty photons, ( looking at the black bull rifle and the halp serafi dagger i postulated( if only the halp serafi was like the black bull in redard to it's effect on enemies, (i mean by far it is possibly on par with the carraguine rucar in terms of pwnage), and posed the question; why isn't there a s-ranked reactive photon that reacts as opposite to whatever enemy ur facing, 1 photon would have the same drop rate as a rare unit, and priced accordingly. weps made from this photon would have a % reflecting the PA% atp lvl, base lvl being 20%

all things refinable, but once past the norm the climb gets steep. this would lead to extreme prestige, and once again user base retention.

npc shops buy back at 2/3rd the actuall price of weps instead of 1/10th

a user notifying bulliten board on updates and events, user want ads, comunal group invite. and an in game guide( i know your pm is supposed to but i would preffer the level of a perfect bible ) too many people are clueless as to the game, what to do where to go. and quit because of it...i would also like to view it in the form of lou/ hal anouncements, streamed from the servers at ST.

one universe, with giant area servers based on popularity of area

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-09-23 23:37 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 24, 2007, 12:04 AM

PVP

NERF X 1000000
NERF DUS DAGGAS

Other then that

Any boss is easy with proper armor.

rogue_robot
Sep 24, 2007, 09:29 AM
@Shishi-Oh:

I'd be careful with the level curve. I'd go for it if they implemented it via a death penalty to experience (not counting PvP, were that to be added), but if you want an example of what else your suggestion could also become, try Halo 2's rank system. Instead of both newbs and decent players being lv100, all you'd see up there would be newbs.

Even a death-based penalty would be sketchy, as it would affect tanks more than the rest of the party. Factor class in to how much experience is lost, and it might work (besides, it would be a good remedy to the death patch).

AweOfShe
Sep 24, 2007, 09:33 AM
What would've made it a richer experience? If people that hate on non-optimal class/race combos would either go play in traffic, or jump off a cliff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT:

On 2007-09-21 17:24, Zorafim wrote:
Fina.

Win.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-09-24 07:35 ]</font>

Anduril
Sep 24, 2007, 09:34 AM
I want friendly-fire to be implemented. I don't mean PvP, I just mean the ability to lock onto your party members and kill them. I have met many people who deserve this. That is what would make PSU richer for me.

Kanju
Sep 24, 2007, 12:10 PM
Weapons with PAs automatically equipped on them. Kind of like a special attack that is only on that specific weapon.

Shishi-O
Sep 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
skillset increased by # of times the skill is used meaning the skill will be performed faster

Sorry, I come from a Bethesda softworks RPG background