PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't the SEED seem so similar too...

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 22, 2007, 09:25 PM
The Flood from Halo/Halo 2?
The Ing from Metroid Prime 2?
The Aparoid from Starfox Assault?
The D-cellular beings from PSO?

All of the 5 things I said have many things in common...

1- All have a leader or overlord of sorts,
--SEED-forms- SEED overlord cores, aka Dulk Fakis's.
--Ing- Ing Emperor
--Aparoid- Aparoid Queen
--Flood- GraveMind, the giant plant-like thing.
--D-Cellular beings- Dark Falz

2- All posses/infect others.
--SEED-forms- People become SEED-forms, and beast and machines are infected to become overly violent/out of control.
--Flood- Humans and Elites[mabye grunts] begome Flood infected beings.
--Ing- Organisms and machines are possesed/infected to become part of the Ing horde.
--Aparoids- Aparoid's possesed the people and machines to be utilized as weapons.
--D-cellular beings- D-cellular DNA from Dark Falz's explosion infected the animals and machines, much like the SEED.

3- All have a origin of the setting.
--SEED-forms- The entity known as Dark Phalus, this is Dark Falz origin too.
--Flood- Gravemind is a big source of the spawn, but true origin is the Forrunners.
--Ing- A meteor that struck Aither.
--Aparoids- like the Ing, Aparoid Queen is the source.
--D-cellular beings- The actual DARK creatures are the "Spawn" of Dark Falz. the Dark creatures in the Seabeds however are from Pioneer 1's researchers,and Olga Flow[mabye].

4- All have a sort of "Home"
--SEED-forms- HIVEs.
--Flood- Halo.
--Ing- Dark Aither.
--Aparoid- Aparoid Homeworld.
--D-cellular Beings- RUINS 1-3, and Seabeds.

5- All have multiple "Spawn" forms.
--SEED-forms- Sendillan, Pannon, Bel Pannon, Delsaban, Deljaban, Dilnazen, Jusnagun, Gaozoran, SEED-Vance, SEED-Vitace, SEED-Venas, SEED-Magashi, Carriguine.
--Flood- Elite Floodlings, Human Floodlings, Infection Flood, Carrier Flood.
--Ing- Inglet, Hunter Ing, Warrior Ing, and so on with many many possessed froms.
--Aparoid- Many nameless models of it, ranging from insects, to tanks, to planes.
--D-cellular- Dimenian, La Dimenian, So Dimenian, Arlan, Merlan, Del-D, Delsaber, Dark Belra, Indi Belra, Chaos Bringer, Dark Bringer, Chaos Sorceror, Gran Sorceror, Dark Gunner, Claw, Bulk, Bulclaw, Delbiter, Deldepth, Morfos, and Olga Flow[yes hes a spawn of Dark Falz].

<.< there.

Mayu
Sep 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
Isn't Olga flow Flowen
but they decided to be douchebags and experiment on him -.-

I'm sorry for being a noob -.-

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 22, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-09-22 19:30, Mayu wrote:
Isn't Olga flow Flowen
but they decided to be douchebags and experiment on him -.-

I'm sorry for being a noob -.-

Yes, Olga Flow is Heathcliff Flowen. As the story goes, Flowen was infected by Dark Falz during an expedition into the Ruins, and was subsequently the only surviving member of his unit. He was brought to Dr. Osto, who convinced him to sign his still-living body over to science. As Flowen continued to mutate, Dr. Osto had the AI, OLGA implanted in Flowen's body, in a futile attempt to be able to control him when the D-Cells took over. Needless to say, things got out of hand, and the rest is history.

Mayu
Sep 23, 2007, 03:25 AM
Thank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanDarkmind
Sep 23, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-09-22 19:25, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

--Flood- Humans and Elites[mabye grunts] begome Flood infected beings.

Jap, The grunts are the Carrier flood that explode so uglily

WrathOfMegid
Sep 23, 2007, 12:43 PM
The infecting/corrupting evil is a popular archetype. Zombies, the Zerg in Starcraft, the list goes on for a while. That's how archetypes work. Was there a conspiracy theory here?

KuroNetsune
Sep 23, 2007, 01:45 PM
could be a conspiracy theory, but on the other hand, it's just a very convenient model to make games challenging, what's the fun behind just wiping clean a zone without having a big boss in the end? also, shooting and killing stuff is good, but it's considered (with good reason) crude to shoot humans or animals just for the heck of it, but hey, if you take those and make them mutate into threathening things it suddently becomes okay, so you can be shooting infected mexicans and tearing appart mutant cows because alien things must be evil :3 (okay whatever XD )

all have a home yeah, because otherwise the game would be chaotic, the game must have escalating dificulty, otherwise finding the boss doing one of it's rounds in the mid levels would get you killed, and it's more exciting to have the final level to be crawling with evil thingies

aaand finnaly, multiple spawns, because otherwise people would complain that they are just beating up the same monster over and over, clearly a palette swap gives variety to the player :3 hence the multiple spawn forms

I say it's all part of following a model that works very well for making games

DamonKatu
Sep 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
Woa...you're on to something. (Giygus is another example. He fits all categories) This is all theories that the devil uses to get followers, isn't?

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 25, 2007, 04:37 AM
Well, this threads not as lively as others.

But, it got how many post I expected.

By the way, I call Olga Flow a spawn of Dark Falz to the fact that he had a "part" of falz infect him, kinda making him like falz.

<.< either way, not surprising that theres only... [counts past replies before this one] 7 replies.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
You could also add the T-Virus or Resident Evil.

The basic concept here is fairly common as you've pointed out. A nice factor to make games/movies eerie or to give a nice "feel" to them.

Garanz-Baranz
Sep 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-09-25 19:00, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
You could also add the T-Virus or Resident Evil.

The basic concept here is fairly common as you've pointed out. A nice factor to make games/movies eerie or to give a nice "feel" to them.

If I had played Resident Evil, I might have added it, but unfortuanantly I haven't.

So, no RE for this thread, in my post atleast, heh.

Sunblast
Oct 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
The whole "infecting alien force" thing does seem to be popping up quite a bit as of late. Oh, well. Whatcha gonna do?

PIT
Oct 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
halo isn't (aren't) flood's home, it was created to study the flood and to kill its food if it spreads

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-10-24 09:54, PIT wrote:
halo isn't (aren't) flood's home, it was created to study the flood and to kill its food if it spreads

So you're saying that the Flood has no home, right?

<.< I say it's a home, sence they LIVE on Halo, and also, we do not know the PRIMARY origin of the flood, only that Halo is a secondary origin.