PDA

View Full Version : Best Striking UPA?

Sesshomaru71
Sep 23, 2007, 11:24 AM
In your opinion what is the best melee ultimate photon art?

RedMussel
Sep 23, 2007, 11:32 AM
Single Claw in my opinion is the best, but the twin daggers and saber arent bad ether, and were the songle dagger...

Zorafim
Sep 23, 2007, 11:37 AM
They all kind of suck in a way... Everything they do can be done with another weapon, sometimes better.

I'd say double saber, just because it's unique.

Menochi
Sep 23, 2007, 02:38 PM
No axe, no vote.

relentless
Sep 23, 2007, 02:40 PM
Would've been better without a poll anyways.
I don't really know but I like the Axe one pretty much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Sep 23, 2007, 02:42 PM
Twin Claw for now. Freaking teleport underground WTF?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-09-23 12:46 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Sep 23, 2007, 02:44 PM
Spear ;o

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 23, 2007, 02:59 PM
spear/sword

THE JACKEL

Mysterious-G
Sep 23, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-09-23 12:59, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
spear/sword

THE JACKEL

DonRoyale
Sep 23, 2007, 03:50 PM
No Gravity Break makes the Don a sad panda.

._.

Kimil
Sep 23, 2007, 03:52 PM
Twin Dagger IMO
-Crowd Control
-High ATP output
-Mini-Boos Masher

Ezodagrom
Sep 23, 2007, 03:52 PM
of those that are in the poll, I guess twin claw (I don't like the single claw one, for some reason I like the other single claw one more, even though it went from 150% ATP to 100% on the last japanese update).
about the ult PAs that aren't in the poll...Dus Majarra (spear)

DonRoyale
Sep 23, 2007, 03:54 PM
And what about that smexi axe PA? o.O

Zorafim
Sep 23, 2007, 03:55 PM
The three two handed weapon PAs look great from what I've seen, actually. But that's not surprising, seeing how great two handed weapons are already.

Mayu
Sep 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
All Ulti PA'S ATM Fail until we get new ones -.-

Dus Daggas,Renkai,Shousen,Buten kills them

Now Where is 5.5 DPS per second X To the ratio of Pie say what?

That is all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-23 14:07 ]</font>

Syl
Sep 23, 2007, 04:12 PM
You forgot the 1.8 seconds of pure DPS lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Hrith
Sep 23, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-09-23 14:06, Mayu wrote:

Dus Daggas,Renkai,Shousen,Buten kills themI guess all that h4x you use has made you so poor a player.

Tornado Dance = awesome
Hishou Jinren-zan = amazing
Bogga Robado = excellent
Rensan Senshou-ga = decent
Senten Kanzan-ga = very good
Splendor Crush = awful

Zael
Sep 23, 2007, 04:25 PM
rofl.

And yes, Senten Kanzan-ga is a great PA. Very underrated.

Mayu
Sep 23, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-09-23 14:24, Hrith wrote:

On 2007-09-23 14:06, Mayu wrote:

Dus Daggas,Renkai,Shousen,Buten kills themI guess all that h4x you use has made you so poor a player.

Tornado Dance = awesome
Hishou Jinren-zan = amazing
Bogga Robado = excellent
Rensan Senshou-ga = decent
Senten Kanzan-ga = very good
Splendor Crush = awful

k

You just test your stuff on those pannons :

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 23, 2007, 04:36 PM
Currently, most of them do suck except for the Yo-yo Ult twin dagger PA ( don't know the name.)
None are as efficient as second released PAs as rena stated.
It's best to just wait for the next set of Ult PAs we'll be getting.

Unless you're going for the style in fighting, then these are alright. Other than that... Wait until we get more data on the increase % update that the JP server obtained to determine more.

Edit: Oh, didn't notice this was a poll. -Votes-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-09-23 14:38 ]</font>

Mayu
Sep 23, 2007, 04:39 PM
I mean really I do use some of them

Twin Ulti claw would be one

and even the single claw one

But if it's not the right situation, Numbers don't mean shit

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
Of the one's I've used, I'd have to say Splendor Crush is my favorite, just because it looks better than the other two twin saber PAs and is fun to use.

Hishou Jinren-zan is good too.

Pulpy
Sep 23, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-09-23 13:02, Mysterious-G wrote:

On 2007-09-23 12:59, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
spear/sword

THE JACKEL

pokefiend
Sep 23, 2007, 04:57 PM
eh twin dagger has the most votes? o.0 I cant stand that PA. I vote for twin claw ult PA.

-Hyacia-
Sep 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
Tornado Dance = awesome(If used right which most pick up group fighs spam like idiots on small mobs)
Hishou Jinren-zan = amazing(Uhh...since when? Its so slow, only good on jabra type monsters.)
Bogga Robado = excellent( Hahahahaha no. Maybe when it gets a stat boost, otherwise you're just a gimp)
Rensan Senshou-ga = decent( I actually agree with you? )
Senten Kanzan-ga = very good( Fail, slow. Only looks good, enough said. )
Splendor Crush = awful ( Slow, good in the right situations. )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Hyacia- on 2007-09-23 16:55 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 23, 2007, 06:11 PM
HJZ is actually extremely useful on things like Vandas, Olgohmons, Kamatoze, and Pollavohras; it's good for just about anything you'd like flipped over.

Lamak
Sep 23, 2007, 06:16 PM
They pretty much all suck imo. Guess I'll go with HJZ.

Sesshomaru71
Sep 23, 2007, 06:17 PM
Man the twin claw is freakin GARBAGE!!

Mayu
Sep 23, 2007, 06:20 PM
It's not that bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I rather use second one though

PJ
Sep 23, 2007, 06:23 PM
You know, I never quote understood where the "LOL SPEED RUNZ" people came from. A majority of the PSU population came from some version of PSO, and that whole mentality never existed outside of c-mode. And even then, c-mode was so easy to get your s-ranks from, being the absolute fastest was never important.

Ah, well, I never really cared about the shitty community we have, but good job Hyacia, you're a top notch represenative of the wonderful people who play PSU.

But I'm not voting cause the axe is my favorite without using it yet.

-Hyacia-
Sep 23, 2007, 06:39 PM
I'm not like the majority, I never really played PSO. I don't understand all those old concepts. Probally never well. I understand my previous post was a bit unneeded. But meh, I'm in a terrible mood as of lately. As for who I represent....not many, I guess we could go on about the whole elitiest thing. But my main point is, on here, the quicker the better. -_-

shenrei
Sep 23, 2007, 11:43 PM
On 2007-09-23 16:23, PJ wrote:
Ah, well, I never really cared about the shitty community we have, but good job Hyacia, you're a top notch represenative of the wonderful people who play PSU.

I call a bluff. If you never really cared about the community, then your opinion wouldn't even be here in the first place. Also, your 5500+ post count tells me otherwise (not saying there's anything wrong with that, but I think you do care more about the community than you say you do). Though your comment about Hyacia is laced with sarcasm, taken literally I will say it is true to the letter.

Back on topic - Out of all of the currently released Ult melee PAs, I'd say the ones worth using are Bogga Robado (best PA for wurms IMO), Tornado Dance, and Splendor Crush (for fun)

EJ
Sep 24, 2007, 01:11 AM
My favorite is the single claw pa since it better than the first one and with the attack modifier going up it becomes even better.

My next is the twin saber since my cast has it and I love it and my next two is the twin dagger and the probably spear.

I dislike the 3rd twin claw pa since I find the 2nd much much better.

Genoa
Sep 24, 2007, 01:19 AM
the ONLY upa's out of ALL of them that I've seen are even SLIGHTLY usefull are probably Giresta, Mayalee Prism, and perhaps Nosdiga.

Those melee UPA's seem to have good looks, but imo, aren't worth that much effort to get when the store-bought do just fine.

Zael
Sep 24, 2007, 04:01 AM
On 2007-09-23 16:23, PJ wrote:
You know, I never quote understood where the "LOL SPEED RUNZ" people came from. A majority of the PSU population came from some version of PSO, and that whole mentality never existed outside of c-mode. And even then, c-mode was so easy to get your s-ranks from, being the absolute fastest was never important.

But I'm not voting cause the axe is my favorite without using it yet.

PSO had other ways of people competing with each other. Some people are just naturally competitive and PSO had offered modes like Challenge and Battle to satisfy those types.

PSU however lacks these type of modes. So they've gotta come up with something to keep themselves interested.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-09-24 02:01 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 24, 2007, 07:03 AM
On 2007-09-23 15:05, -Hyacia- wrote:
Tornado Dance = awesome(If used right which most pick up group fighs spam like idiots on small mobs)
Hishou Jinren-zan = amazing(Uhh...since when? Its so slow, only good on jabra type monsters.)
Bogga Robado = excellent( Hahahahaha no. Maybe when it gets a stat boost, otherwise you're just a gimp)
Splendor Crush = awful ( Slow, good in the right situations. )You must suck so hard at this game, I can barely begin to fathom how much.

You're probably one of these players who still think Bogga Danga, Renkai Buyou-zan and the likes are good PAs, despite how much that has been factually disproven, rofl.

Senten Kanzan-ga is the fastest one-handed skill, and you call it "slow"... lol.

Mysterious-G
Sep 24, 2007, 07:15 AM
On 2007-09-24 05:03, Hrith wrote:

Senten Kanzan-ga is the fastest one-handed skill, and you call it "slow"... lol.

Oh rly? And I thought I would have stucked in a cloud, whenever I used the twend combo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 24, 2007, 07:20 AM

Splendor Crush = awful ( Slow, good in the right situations. )You must suck so hard at this game, I can barely begin to fathom how much.

You're probably one of these players who still think Bogga Danga, Renkai Buyou-zan and the likes are good PAs, despite how much that has been factually disproven, rofl.

This coming from the guy who thinks Spiral Dance is the worst Double Saber PA...
You need to do more research, my own evaluation
Tornado Dance = good on enemies that don't get blown away, but spiral dance is good in any situation so easier to just leave that on
Hishou Jinren-zan = Nice for soloing, and keeping enemies off their feet, especially to avoid spell casters
Bogga Robado = I hate fists, so I won't say anything, but I think all fist PAs are a let down
Rensan Senshou-ga = Twin claws is another let down of PAs, but the 2nd one is best
Senten Kanzan-ga = First claw PA owns it
Splendor Crush = Rising Crush owns it

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-09-24 05:22 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 24, 2007, 09:00 AM
You must suck so hard at this game, I can barely begin to fathom how much.

LOL this again. I wouldn't even bother except you claim to have some kind of factual proof? Where? I recall Danga being "proven" to be more accurate, more damaging thanks to per-move damage modifiers, and cheaper by enough margin that a good set of knuckles will crank out 6 complete Danga combos vs 5 Robado.

HJZ's my favorite of the ultimate melee PA's I've tried so far, at least it gives Twin Dagger an ability they were completely lacking before.

Mayu
Sep 24, 2007, 09:19 AM

NO YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME, YOU FUCKING SUCK

MY GOD -.- NANNANANANANANAN

AMIRITE AMIRITE AMIRITE
HEY HERE

WHY DON'T YOU USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD AND DO SOME MORE MATH AGAIN WITH A FUCKING PANNON as your dummy

You think everyone sucks because they don't use your PA'S OH NOEEEEEES

How about you elborate with your thinking power of how good a PA IS with a fucking essay since thats all you do is EXPLAIN HOW GOOD EVERYTHING IS DURRRRRR

STFU FOR ONCE

DISPROVED DURRRRRRRRRR
Alright I'm waiting

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-24 07:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-24 07:25 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 24, 2007, 09:51 AM
Rena's true face ;o

Neith
Sep 24, 2007, 09:58 AM
Whoa, more drama, this is more like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Splendor Crush= Good, but easy to interrupt. Not as universally useful as Rising Crush.
Hishou Jinren-zan= Only have this at a low level, so i can't base a fair opinion.
Senten Kanzan-ga= One of the fastest PAs around, decent damage, low PP cost. In short, WIN. Shousen Totsuzan-ga is pathetic compared to this. I capped Shousen, and haven't used it since. It sucks.
Rensan Senshou-ga= Easy to interrupt, but nice damage, and great for messing up small monsters horribly.
Bogga Robado= I don't have this.
Tornado Dance= Limited use. Very useful in very few situations.

Hrith, Danga is a solid PA, very useful in some situations. I wouldn't say it's great but it's certainly not terrible. As for RBZ, that DOES suck. The people who say Senten sucks make me laugh. Shousen's windup is long for a PA that sucks so much. It costs too much PP too. When AoI lands, it'll improve, but at the minute, Senten wipes the floor with it.

Also:
Typing in caps-filled sentences, contrary to popular belief does not make you seem any better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-09-24 08:04 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Sep 24, 2007, 09:59 AM
On 2007-09-24 07:19, Mayu wrote:

AMIRITE AMIRITE AMIRITE
HEY HERE

WHY DON'T YOU USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD AND DO SOME MORE MATH AGAIN WITH A FUCKING PANNON as your dummy

How about you elborate with your thinking power of how good a PA IS with a fucking essay since thats all you do is EXPLAIN HOW GOOD EVERYTHING IS DURRRRRR

STFU FOR ONCE

DISPROVED DURRRRRRRRRR
Alright I'm waiting

LMAO!!!!!!

-Hyacia-
Sep 24, 2007, 10:01 AM
You're so dumb its funny Hrith. xD Its no use argueing with someone without a brain. Have fun being bottom of the chain.

Micro
Sep 24, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-09-24 07:19, Mayu wrote:

AMIRITE AMIRITE AMIRITE
HEY HERE

STFU FOR ONCE

DISPROVED DURRRRRRRRRR
Alright I'm waiting

[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-24 07:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-24 07:25 ]

Rena is my hero.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 10:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/beatrix_kiddo/popcorn.gif

Kylie
Sep 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
Twin claw. Good damage, nice look, and very useful.

Koji1m1
Sep 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
well actaully some of the Ult pas do suck IMO but the twin dagger one (Which is the majority of eveyones favorite pa) is pretty cool i also like the twin claw one but the 3rd combo annoys me because it takes too long to strike but the one i hate is splendor crush it dose look cool but there was never really a suituation where u had to use it, hmmm but i guese one if problay use it fight bill de vears or kagajibaries i guese and this might be surprising but i still use the begginer pas because i think thiet more efficient than some of the ult pas and the secondary buyable one,well except for renzan and bogga zubba.

Neith
Sep 24, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-09-24 08:10, beatrixkiddo wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/beatrix_kiddo/popcorn.gif

MJ's been showing up a lot lately with that popcorn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jarek
Sep 24, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-09-24 07:58, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Whoa, more drama, this is more like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Who knew a thread with 'best' in the title would involve arguing and silly insults? XD
I'll just say Hishou is my most used frag melee PA, though I've never tried splendor, single, or twin claw frag PAs.

oh, *bugs kef for fun*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psobsesser on 2007-09-24 08:17 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 24, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-09-24 07:51, Hrith wrote:
Rena's true face ;o

No, this is the true face of the winky-o emote. This is why anyone who uses it must have their hole plugged up!

*shoves a banana into Hrith's mouth*

On topic: I've had tons of fun with the twin dagger ultimate PA, but I don't think I'm qualified to rate which PA I like the best seeing as it's the only one I own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-24 08:19 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
Kids should know that packing together does not make them right.

They're kids, though.

RadiantLegend
Sep 24, 2007, 10:27 AM
How about they all suck.

Gib new % and new ult PAs.

-Hyacia-
Sep 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-09-24 08:19, Hrith wrote:
Kids should know that packing together does not make them right.

They're kids, though.

Somebody is lonely~ No friends, though I can see why~
Anyways, go on? You can keep saying how cool these PAs are and feel good about yourself, you can coolest guy around on PSO-W. :/ Get a job, a life, something. Your occupation shouldnt be a game.

Mewn
Sep 24, 2007, 10:45 AM
itt angsty capitalized rage and crappy 'get a life' insults make for compelling arguments.

Para
Sep 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
OMFG QQ MOAR PLZ.

On topic: I definitely think that Hishou Jinren-zan is one of those PAs that's situational and requires controlled use but very effective in the hands of a good user.

The first combo is excellent against a single monster but going into the second arc is not necessary since the 2nd combo tends to knock monsters a bit away to the point that the 2nd combo does not fully land all hits on a single target. However in a multi target situation, you can sorta rotate yourself during the combo so that in the 2nd arc, you can nail more than 2 targets launching and performing some crowd control.

Also if anyone notice when using Hishou, if you target large monsters from the back, large monsters get knocked back which ever direction their back is facing so if you Hishou a large monster at its back, it will move towards you setting up a full combo for Hishou.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
anyone who thinks Hrith is even worth arguing with anymore, hasn't seen any other thread he has argued in and clearly been proven wrong.

I find it hilarious that he's using the fact that they're younger as his argument against them. He's 27 almost, playing PSU, and posting on PSU forums. Honestly, by that age, I hope to god I'm not playing online games and posting on forums anymore. To each their own, but don't make fun of people from the TARGET AGE GROUP, playing the game.

Either way, the actual choice of PAs is personal, but to say any are useless is absurd, they all have their situations. But with that, PAs on different weapons apply to the same situation, so it's your choice which weapon/PA you use for that situation. Some use Hishou to knock up enemies, some rising strike, some Shunbu, some Rising Crush... catch my drift?

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-09-24 08:51 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 24, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-09-24 08:45, Mewn wrote:
itt angsty capitalized rage and crappy 'get a life' insults make for compelling arguments.

So does making the vacuum cleaner face apparently ...

panzer_unit
Sep 24, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-09-24 08:48, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
He's 27 almost, playing PSU, and posting on PSU forums. Honestly, by that age, I hope to god I'm not playing online games and posting on forums anymore.

Take it easy on older gamers... parents aren't in a much better situation for free money or free time than kids.

Neith
Sep 24, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-09-24 08:48, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
anyone who thinks Hrith is even worth arguing with anymore, hasn't seen any other thread he has argued in and clearly been proven wrong.

I've been here for years, Kef/Hrith has been in loads of arguments with me. I'm in agreement with him here though, some of the Ult PA's we have are worth using, and don't deserve to get slated (see Senten Kanzan-ga)

I find it hilarious that he's using the fact that they're younger as his argument against them. He's 27 almost, playing PSU, and posting on PSU forums. Honestly, by that age, I hope to god I'm not playing online games and posting on forums anymore.

I hope to God by the time I'm 27 trivial arguments like this won't matter. It's ridiculous how worked up people get over something as stupid as this. Shows the mentality of most of the current community though. Maybe its a sign of age, but I can't stand most of the people on here now. Sorry guys, but threads like this prove it.

As for telling people to 'get a life', or 'get a job', maybe you should learn a bit about that person before you do it? You might find they do have one already. If childish insults are all people can come up with, it's a shame though. I was looking forward to yet another episode of PSU melodrama.

Edit: Oh, and inb4lock. Congratulations! >Everybody

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-09-24 09:19 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
We take pleasure in drama. >Everybody

Sophia
Sep 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
Mods should stop locking these kinds of threads, this drama is great entertainment =/

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
Wow, I agree with Keg (except for the part about RBZ, which is still pretty solid in a big party [at least until Moubu or whatever gets its AoI boost], but utterly blows for solo [which is all Keg ever plays, so I understand why he says that]).

bagleyboy
Sep 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
I agree with Keg, but he's wrong about the RBZ Comment, and SC isn't THAT bad. And it looks shiny. :3

_Wolf_
Sep 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-09-23 09:24, Sesshomaru71 wrote:
In your opinion what is the best melee ultimate photon art?

Twin Daggers since you showed to me. Yoyos FTW!

Wallin
Sep 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
Agreed, Twin Daggers are awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Sep 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
I may as well put in my opinion of each one, I suppose...

Single Claw: If you insist on using single claw, I think this PA is rather necessary. While the first one has amazing damage, it won't last long considering its speed, PP cost, and the PP max of single claw. This one has a more forgiving PP cost, even though its damage is anywhere near the first PA's. I'd say that the first single dagger PA is similar in function, so you can use that if you don't want to spend 50 PA fragments.

Twin Saber: I haven't used it, so I can't say. It seems to be a pretty good balance with the other twin saber PAs, though, being the only multi-target DoT PA of the group. The second twin dagger or the second double saber PA do a similar thing, though, if you want to save PA fragments.

Twin Dagger: It has a similar function as the first twin saber PA, but I'd say its damage and PP mileage is higher. Really nice for incapacitating dangerous mobs, too.

Twin Claw: This PA is nice for smoothing out twin claw. It's the only PA this weapon has that targets a group from the first hit, and it ends very well. It starts up slowly, though, and it has the same function as other PAs.

Double Saber: A very unique PA. Quick start up, and decent damage from what I've seen. Considering its knockbacks, I don't think it's quickly replaceable. Level on bosses, use to stun lock large enemies. Just, don't spam it on polties...

Fists: Really eats up PP too quickly. I normally don't have this longer than three minutes before changing weapons. It does the same thing as the second twin claw PA, just a longer wait for the pop-up, and has much higher PP cost. Its damage is incredible, though, so you may consider it for quick PP burning.

Axe: I can't say that I have this, but I'm really excited about getting it when it comes. It's the only PA that fortefighters get pre-expansion that's actually ranged, which makes it stand out already. Its damage modifier is also incredible, especially considering it's an axe PA. This is paired with a small number of hits, though. For sure a boss killer (If a boss stays still long enough to use it...), and a utility PA for enemies that can be knocked down but not knocked back (Kamatoze, I'm looking at you). And of course, doing over nine thousand damage per hit on a dragon is always fun...

Spear: From what I've seen, the damage is higher than Daggas. Remember how overpowered daggas is? I'm skeptical about the first hit, but I can see this PA being the norm.

Sword: Does the same thing as Spinning Break, but doesn't look silly, has a pop-up, and does damage. I'd say this could be one of your main forces of damage. I've heard something about a high PP cost, though, and swords aren't exactly known for their PP management...

SolomonGrundy
Sep 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
How didn't ask the right question. The right question is WHY a particular ultimate photon art is the best...

And the answer is...one.
Tornado dance, while expensive in pp, gives figunners a move that no other weapon replicates. The closest is bogga zubba, but this PA has a significant delay.

Yo-yo daggers basically replicates rising crush

Bogga Robado mimicks the Twin Claw move until the last part of the combo (which is admittedly better if you ever actually get there)

Splendor crush reminds me of Bogga Danga for the first two parts. Again, the final move has a large number of hits vs 3 enemies (12 hits total), but good luck making to the third part (and having 3 targets around when you do).

Sesshomaru71
Sep 24, 2007, 07:50 PM
Ya well I have both splendor and hishou-jinren-zan so stfu.
BTW you didnt mention how bad the claw ones are now did you?

omegapirate2k
Sep 24, 2007, 08:33 PM
On 2007-09-24 18:12, ifiwetan wrote:
Sessho shut the hell up.

Good input, nate.

Personally I like the first single claw PA, and it will be even better in the expansion.

RegulusHikari
Sep 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
People throw a tantrum, act like 5 year olds, accuse people of having no lives, and get praised for it? What the fuck has happened to these boards? Everyone who seemed to have some fair bit of intelligence now gangs up on anyone who has a different opinion like a schoolgirl clique. What happened to playing games because it's fun and not giving a damn about everyone else.

I can't begin to FATHOM how HJZ is winning this poll. Splendor is crap, Robado is decent, Tornado and Claws I can't speak for.

From what I've seen, Jabroga, G-Break, and maybe Majarra will surpass just about all of these.

Edit: As far as I know, G-Break has a 20 PP cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-09-24 18:49 ]</font>

Crazy_Hunter
Sep 24, 2007, 08:49 PM
1)Jabroga
2)Gravity Break
3)Majara

The 3 best PA's To be released http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jabroga has 48PP from what I've seen (good thing I have Bico and Bil De Axe) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crazy_Hunter on 2007-09-24 18:50 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Sep 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
I'd just like to bring everybody down to earth and remind them they are arguing and accusing each other over pixels and numbers on a screen for a video game that they probably won't play for longer than a year or two.

panzer_unit
Sep 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah, and what are they going to be doing after PSU? Arguing about numbers in some other game, or about some real life BS with whoever's unlucky enough to live with them.

majan
Sep 24, 2007, 09:20 PM
flashiness?absolutely the twin dagger.the lance would be a winner,but I must say it is moderately cheesy.I still like it though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

functionality?gravity break is going to have some huge damage potential,but the most useful I woudl say is tornado dance.nothin can gain control of a room(besides an suv) the way tornado dance can.it is the bane of anything in the game,essentially,as long as the person has enough pp to keep whatever's giving trouble stunlocked for long enough for the party to destroy it.the only drawback is,it sends things scattered all over the place every time,which gets rather annoying.the knuckle PA is also rather useful for crowd control.good damage too.

other favorites include the twin claw,and splendor crush,which has good damage but cruddy crowd control--up until the third combo,where it can control essentially anything from hordes of ageeta/vahra/what have you,to large monsters i.e kog nadds,drua gohras,polavohras.highly reccomended against kamatozes.

PJ
Sep 24, 2007, 09:51 PM
Rena throws a fit and they think she's a fucking genius.

Kef posts facts and shit, and they think he's retarded.

Wow. Just, fucking wow. You guys... Christ. >_>

THE PJ

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 24, 2007, 09:55 PM
Inorite?

Only on POSW.

DikkyRay
Sep 25, 2007, 05:24 AM
Some time ago, THE PJ wrote:

Rena throws a fit and they think she's a fucking genius.

Kef posts facts and shit, and they think he's retarded.

Wow. Just, fucking wow. You guys... Christ. >_>

THE PJ
Its because Rena had her pets all post, so she looks like shes all that. Someone (Kef) posted something she disagrees with, or he just pisses her off, she gets them to make it look like shes all that.
I agree with Kef, just for the fun of it. D-d-d-d-draaaamaaaaaa

And im going with Spear, because surfing looks fucking awesome

THE DIKKY

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-09-25 03:27 ]</font>

pikachief
Sep 25, 2007, 06:08 AM
But i like teh fists one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Its my most used striking PA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I like them all but the twin daggers and i just dont like claws so i never tried those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif