PDA

View Full Version : Oh darn. Billing help. Cancel and restart or wait for declin

Turbobrain
Sep 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
I just got an irrate mail from my friend. I pay their account with my 'pay-as-you-go' card(I have been the victim of card fraud a few times so I use this card for online stuff... as I only can use the money I have on it, it limits the money I am likely to lose if anything happens...)

It seems I got the dates wrong for Sega's monthly subsription(I looked on my statement, they get earlier a day every month for me and my friend). In any case, it says on his account(now innactive) that the charge was declined and so on. They have to cancel the account and restart it. Ok fine np(the weird thing is they are STILL PLAYING NOW!). So should he cancel it now(it used to take AGES before the account became cancelled)? and then when I put some cash on this card tommrow start it up? Will they be able to start it up straight away? I have onnly had this happen once before and it was when they had problems and it took a week. Though another friend had it happen AGES ago and they just ressemued the account and it started again real quick. What is the best thing to so for my friend who has already had it declined, cancel it now so it will be good for tommowow(I hope it will be ok).

Also, I pay my account from the same card. I am charged one day later so as I can't get to the bank today(Sunday) I guess it will be declined on my account to and my accoun t will become inactive and I will have to cancel and resume it.

Should I cancel now while my account is still active? I am guessing that this will be better than the charge being declined and the system making my account inactive. That way, if it is cancwelled, I will be able to start it up first thing tommorow when I put some money on that card and there should be no porblems.

Anyone else have this kind of problem, if so, what was the quickest way... I am told it used to be REAL quick but last time there was a problem for me and MANY people on playsega it took weeks.... and I font want to miss the Beast Bonfire:). As I remeber it used to say your account was 'pending' and it took ages to change from that status.... please say it's all been speeded up now!

beatrixkiddo
Sep 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
If he cancels now, he won't be able to re-subscribe until the current subscription runs out, possible a day after even (due to slow billing system)

Ryno
Sep 23, 2007, 12:30 PM
it happend to me.. i restarted with a new credit card due to somone hacking into my live account..
and i'm level 17 right now...
with level 12 buffs..LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-09-23 10:32 ]</font>

Turbobrain
Sep 23, 2007, 12:30 PM
I still have the current subscription but it's due to get billed in a few hours(I live in the UK and it gets billed on the 24th, which is a few hours time). My account is till active but will be made inactuive when they try and take the money and it's declined.

His account has already been declined and is innactive(although he is playing NOW!). It says on the page he should canccel then resume.

I am thinking that it will be better to cancel mine then re-activate it rather than having the system make it innactive. As for my friends, according to the official site, he should cancel it. I don't think there is a resume subscription button on there anymore.

What should I(and he) do?

Turbobrain
Sep 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
NNo, I have not been hacked, I just forgot to put money on my pay as you go Mastercaard I use for online transactions.

My friend's PSU sub I pay for failed. Mine will fail in a few hours. I just wondered if it would be better to cancel mine so it would maybe not be declined and make it faster to resume and charge the card tommorow.

I mean we both have lvl 9x chars and 3 other alts(his higher than mine) I don' think we'll be re-startying new accounts any time soon.

I cancelled his account. I figure the sooner I cancel the sooner I can re-start. In the meantime I will email Sega and ask them what to do... MY account is still actibve but it wont be in a few hours time so I may cancel it now so I can resume it tommrow(I hope).

Rizen
Sep 23, 2007, 08:43 PM
Life lesson I learned the hard way: When in doubt, cancel.

Ryno
Sep 23, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-09-23 18:43, Rizen wrote:
Life lesson I learned the hard way: When in doubt, cancel.

Omg it's Rizen!

You'r soo cool!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-09-23 19:32 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Sep 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
I've had this problem before. This is my experience, when my card was expired it took them 3 business days to get it back and running, when I restarted my account from cancelation, it took them 2, maybe 3, business days to get it back in running. The fact is ST is really slow, unless u start a new account, in confirming billing methods.

Turbobrain
Sep 24, 2007, 06:25 AM
Cancelled them both, they went to canccelled state in a few minutes(except mine which ran onto the timeit was due to take a new payment).

Put money on the card.

Started a 'new subscription' this morning on both accounts. Card was billed instantly. Accounts back as Active. Fixed, so far.

Works fine(and neither mine or my friends EVER stopped actually even though they were both cancelled!).

-Ryuki-
Sep 24, 2007, 06:29 AM
Welcome back? >.>;