PDA

View Full Version : What's with S rank weapon sales? (PS2/PC)

bahk
Sep 24, 2007, 12:40 PM
I finally found and made my first S rank weapon the other day (Daiga Misaki), but shortly after this I discovered... There's none in anyone else's shops. In fact, upon searching for many other S rank weapons, nobody seems to have anything for sale.

What's going on? Why is there no one selling these? Surely you don't all just keep every single S rank you find lying on the ground.

So what are we supposed to do for S ranks? Is trading on these boards really the only option? Is money so useless now that no one will even bother selling them? And how can we even figure out the value of our weapons if we can't shop for them?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
Not that many drop, and typically high-valuable items are traded for other items, not merely sold for Meseta.

Golto
Sep 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
Yes on pc/ps2 most sranks are trade only. Some did go for 50-99 mill with low % but that couldn't be sustained for long. No one wants to sell low % sranks for what they should be, 5 mill maybe.

bahk
Sep 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
Figures...
Well then, is there a good place to ascertain the value of each S rank in comparison to others?

beatrixkiddo
Sep 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
Trading board (http://pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=2) here, or the official boards (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/index.php).

ChronoTrigga
Sep 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
The reason there aren't many S-ranks is because of the population mainly, lack of hunting for S-ranks also helps out.

bahk
Sep 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
Do any of you happen to know how rare the Sweet Death is in comparison to the others that drop from normal enemies? Since it's only from a midboss, does he drop it more often or does it just become that much rarer?

perfectminute
Sep 24, 2007, 06:01 PM
that much rarer

Koji1m1
Sep 24, 2007, 06:31 PM
and another reason is that the droprates are kinda broken sometime for unlucky guys (such as myself) could probaly take a a month or two to find an S-rank. or any A rank unit

ifiwetan
Sep 24, 2007, 06:39 PM
Inflation still exists. If its too expensive go to the mission that has the item, yuh dig.

Arika
Sep 24, 2007, 07:12 PM
actually, a lot of S rank are on sale in shop lately,
I see a lot of crimson and Viper and meteo cannon /cannic

Syl
Sep 25, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-09-24 17:12, Arika wrote:
actually, a lot of S rank are on sale in shop lately,
I see a lot of crimson and Viper and meteo cannon /cannic

She's right, as of late, there's been lots of S ranks going for sale. Even units like Giga/Bullet PP Save can be bought now.

The prices keep fluctuating way too much though, right now they're kinda stupidly overpriced =/

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 25, 2007, 01:01 AM
it's worth however much you value it as. My gizaha are 10% ground, so some people may value them as like 10 mil, I value them as at least... 90 mil! until I find togeha and synth, or a better gizaha. It's not usefulness value, it's meaningful value!

THE JACKEL

CelestialBlade
Sep 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
It's kinda sad that you can still find +10 9*s for less than a S-rank.