PDA

View Full Version : Hunting

Turb0
Sep 24, 2007, 11:27 PM
When you people hunt for something, do you do it everyday or only on days when you have luck? It should still have a chance of dropping with no luck but idk.

Menochi
Sep 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
I'd say do any serious hunting on days with luck. While the difference seems minor, its probably best to put forth effort when you have luck, rather than bore yourself by constantly doing one mission over and over and over for nothing to drop.

BanF
Sep 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
The only thing I do when lucky is grind. Everything else I do it regardless of luck, and not surprisingly, I've found more stuff in 0-luck days than in 3-luck days, because obviously no one has more 3-luck days than 0-luck ones.

Turb0
Sep 24, 2007, 11:57 PM
ok. Had 3* today but it didn't drop, and I don't have any luck tomorrow so I could just do a few runs then. On a different note, how many online single player missions do you have to do to be able to take npcs with you on missions? That would probably help a bit.

Umberger
Sep 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
You get different NPCs from different missions, and you start with a different person depending on your race by completing the tutorial. I don't remember exact mission numbers, aside from the first mission getting you Laia, and the 9th getting you Tonnio.

Human - Hyuga
Newman - Maya
CAST - Lou
Beast - Leo

Find your race, and that's the NPC you get for completing the tutorial, which you can access from your PM.

gryphonvii
Sep 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
only a few, the first gets you laia, then you get lou and so on, the last one you get is tonnio near the end. But really on the hard missions they are known to me as mobile shields.

Turb0
Sep 25, 2007, 12:20 AM
ok thanks, I'll have to do that so I can use them. I'm hunting crea doubles so it's not that the creatures are that high of a level, they just get annoying when everything's focused on me.=/

BanF
Sep 25, 2007, 12:26 AM
You'll want Laia then. Highest STA of all NPCs, so she can weather the Megid storm better than anyone, possibly even you. This means she'll spend less time on the floor being dead instead of helping you thin those Deljaban.