PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Sega would "talk about" a cup after Halo 3 is re

Agnostic187
Sep 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
Good marketing? Or just trying to keep players off of Halo 3? >.>

Shinou
Sep 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
I doubt they really care to be honest.

Menochi
Sep 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe because GMs used the bonfire as a chance to chat and answer questions that isn't really justified spending constant time doing on the forums.

They preobably could care less about halo 3, considering the event was on the same day.

Agnostic187
Sep 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
... I know the rea..

Oh nevermind.

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 25, 2007, 11:31 PM
If I was a GM, I'd tell people about a Tea Cup event or whatever, just to keep people there.

PSU > Halo 1, 2, OR 3 (whichever you prefer..or all of the above works too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

DarkEliteRico
Sep 25, 2007, 11:34 PM
Glad most people are experiencing issues with Halo 3, it's not good for me since i'm dealing with them all. But most people will be doing other things till our servers are in a happier place hopefully.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 25, 2007, 11:34 PM
uhm, do people not realize that Halo is really only this big in America?

Seriously log online to play Halo 3, which I did today, and the only place lit up much is America and some of Europe. Halo is not their competition for the most part.

THE JACKEL

pikachief
Sep 25, 2007, 11:37 PM
On 2007-09-25 21:34, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

Seriously log online to play Halo 3, which I did today, and the only place lit up much is America and some of Europe. Halo is not their competition for the most part.

THE JACKEL

Famitsu gave Halo 3 a 37/40 and at one time it was amazon.jp's second most pre-ordered item http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Also i got a scratced Halo 3 dsic in the mail so i can only play 2 multiplayer maps and thats it! not even single player mode! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DarkEliteRico
Sep 25, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-09-25 21:37, pikachief wrote:

THE JACKEL

Famitsu gave Halo 3 a 37/40 and at one time it was amazon.jp's second most pre-ordered item http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Also i got a scratced Halo 3 dsic in the mail so i can only play 2 multiplayer maps and thats it! not even single player mode! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Did you get it gamefly or something? We're having issues where you can get your game replaced for free. My supervisor hasn't made it clear as of yet on if you still need your CC info to get the disc.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

D1ABOLIK
Sep 26, 2007, 01:16 AM

THE JACKEL

But there are still more people in america that play halo 3 than people that play PSU worldwide.

Shishi-O
Sep 26, 2007, 02:35 AM
i am on 16hrs a day and all my buddies were playing it.

aquaintances...ditto

people i ,met a while back ditto.

when i got on 3am pacific time 3 stars, midday 3 1/2, just logged off 2 1/2

it is definatley an issue, the psu playstyle was programmed for comunal teamwork and brotherly love....i know

but the audience/ users we have,...fuck it they use B listing like a snipers headshot. i actually overheard someone who couldn't join the team cuz the one who was inviting had B listed them, " heh, heh, i think u have me B listed there...pfft how bout that XD"

the people that were playing are killing time till Halo 3, the scammers ect.

we already got hit by back to school, now this.

if they dont care....what are they gonna do when bethesda's mmorpg hits?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-09-26 00:37 ]</font>

Axel3792
Sep 26, 2007, 02:40 AM
Heh, I'll bet the GMs were sitting in their offices playing Halo 3 instead of talking to the players like they were supposed to.

CelestialBlade
Sep 26, 2007, 05:53 AM
Most people will probably burn out on Halo 3 after a week or two when they realize it's the exact same game over and over, so don't get too worried. Bioshock didn't kill us, this won't either.

Indica
Sep 26, 2007, 06:00 AM
No connection at all between Halo.

amtalx
Sep 26, 2007, 06:59 AM
On 2007-09-26 03:53, Typheros wrote:
Most people will probably burn out on Halo 3 after a week or two when they realize it's the exact same game over and over, so don't get too worried. Bioshock didn't kill us, this won't either.

I don't see this happening. Did people burn out on Halo 2? Nope, they just kept banging their head against the same wall for years. Halo 3 is going to do the same thing to the PSU population as Halo 2 did to PSOX. We'll deal with the population hit for now, and it will build back up over the next few months.

Bioshock was also single player only...

Para
Sep 26, 2007, 07:06 AM
WOT IS THIS HALO U TALK ABOUT? I LIVE IN JAPAN.

lol. Who cares if we get a cup after Halo 3 released, life does not revolve around Halo DUH.

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 07:24 AM

THE JACKEL

Actually I'm pretty sure the Japanese enjoy Halo to some extent that Halo 3 would do well there in some form.

After all ... the Dead or Alive guys wanted the Master Chief in their game. They worked something out with Bungie and had a female SPARTAN II take his place--Nicole 458.

How many times have Japanese game devs wanted to or carry out cameos/inclusions of Western video game characters into their games?

susaru7
Sep 26, 2007, 07:25 AM
True all true , an especially true when he/she said that its only popular in america. Mostly france,japan and others countries are on psu right now. Im not a Great fan of halo 3, my husband is him and his friends just ended the game last night. If halo 2 was so special why did some of its users come to PSU in the first place ,they would just stayed playing HALO. Also this is only gonna last for a couple of months because this is the last halo game since its a trilegy .The other halo game coming out wont be for a while, And bam more users for Psu and plus AOI coming out . All we really need is a pvp and watch the population will double. So i wouldnt worry just sat back an play.Besides most of the ones playing Halo 3 didnt cancel there hunters license anyway.

Para
Sep 26, 2007, 07:26 AM
Yes but even with Spartan in DOA does not mean it will translate into Halo sales. Japanese bought Xbox 360 and DOA for what? The girls and only the girls.

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 07:34 AM
On 2007-09-26 05:26, Para wrote:
Yes but even with Spartan in DOA does not mean it will translate into Halo sales. Japanese bought Xbox 360 and DOA for what? The girls and only the girls.

Um, dude, that wasn't my point at all.

It doesn't matter to my point that the Master Chief (or rather, Bungie's replacement for him) appears in a game of girls bouncing around like they were rejects from Disney's Gummi Bears. It's the fact that a SPARTAN-II appears in a popular Japanese game series at all.

Considering how rare it is for Western VG characters to appear in Japanese games (if it's happened at all prior to Nicole), I think that says something about how popular Halo is in Japan, and would point to Halo 3 recieving some attention. I'm saying that Nicole's appearance is an indicator, not a cause.

Let me put it to you another way: if Halo wasn't popular, would Team Ninja even bother approaching Bungie wanting to include the Master Chief in Dead or Alive? Remember, Bungie didn't ask them to put the Chief in there. Team Ninja approached Bungie asking for permission to add him, so this isn't a case of Bungie trying some clever viral marketing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-26 05:46 ]</font>

Para
Sep 26, 2007, 10:13 AM
I would agree there is some rarity to have a Western VG in a japanese one though I think a few factors were tied to the idea such as boosting DOA4's popularity as a mainstream fighter and Itagaki's like for Xbox 360 + Halo series. However I still disagree with you that Halo is even close to popular in Japan. There are only about 400k+ 360s sold in Japan compared to Wii and even PS3 which has sold atleast 1 million.

As well, DOA4's position as a mainstream fighter has been overshadowed lately by virtual fighter.

Kylie
Sep 26, 2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with Halo 3... they're not in the same genre, after all.

I believe that they had planned to have a Cup, but due to whatever reason, they couldn't bring it to us until now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-09-26 08:22 ]</font>

ZodiacNKnight
Sep 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
Why are people associating Halo 3 with PSU? Just think about how silly this really is.
Someone gets excited for Halo 3 but plays another online game in the meantime. When the company releases content "sometime" around Microsoft's Halo 3 deadline the player assumes that it must be a result in corporate competition.

Do you honestly think SEGA cares or a majority of JP PSU players are shitting themselves over the release of Halo 3?
There's no connection between SEGA's content schedule and Microsoft’s Game Products.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-09-26 09:04 ]</font>

Talbot
Sep 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
Halo pisses me off. In big battle I would spawn like 10 bajillion times, how can I kill someone when I start shooting and then I spawn somewhere else.

I literally could hardly move I was spawning so much.

Niloklives
Sep 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
sounds like you were dying a lot >_>

HFlowen
Sep 26, 2007, 01:39 PM
Rofl, doesn't the 360 have like, 1 percent of the market share in japan?

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 26, 2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it's pretty terrible. Also, you can keep saying, "But..but...Team Ninja asked Bungie to put Master Chief in DOA" all you want, but that doesn't matter.

You think Team Ninja determines whether or not the fans actually wanted him there? People play DOA to play DOA. If they want to see Master Chief (A.K.A. Captain King), they will...*gasp* go play HALO!

It's already bad enough that the 360 did horrible in Japan. Now..think about that, then consider this...

honestly, how many people in Japan actually plays Halo on their 360 or even cares about Halo 3?

Halo is an American thing, okay.

It's simple, really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

P.S.

Japan = PSU
America = Halo

Enough said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-09-26 13:11 ]</font>

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-09-26 13:09, Kikumaru wrote:
Also, you can keep saying, "But..but...Team Ninja asked Bungie to put Master Chief in DOA" all you want, but that doesn't matter. You think Team Ninja determines whether or not the fans actually wanted him there? People play DOA to play DOA. If they want to see Master Chief (A.K.A. Captain King), they will...*gasp* go play HALO! It's already bad enough that the 360 did horrible in Japan. Now..think about that, then consider this... honestly, how many people in Japan actually plays Halo on their 360 or even cares about Halo 3?

Halo is an American thing, okay.

It's simple, really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

P.S.

Japan = PSU
America = Halo

Enough said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif and http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif sure do make for some compelling arguments, alright. Oh wait ... no they don't.

Here's an actual compelling argument: the fact that when Halo 2 debuted in Japan--for the X-Box, mind you--it was the third best-selling game for that week.

This, based on several different sources I've read, counting only Japanese sales. Put that in your snarkpipe and smoke it.

Oh, and another thing: Everyone seems to act as if Halo was never released on a PC platform. Halo: Combat Evolved was available for PCs since 2003. Halo 2 was released for Vista not too long ago, I believe. I don't have Japanese sales charts for either game on the PC (or for Halo 1 on the X-Box for that matter), but do you guys honestly believe the popularity/notoriety of Halo to Japanese gamers should ONLY be measured by X-Box owners?

(You know, it's funny. I don't own an X-Box, much less any of the Halo series, and here I am having to fend off obnoxious posters like this guy.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-26 14:37 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Sep 26, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-09-25 20:54, Shinou wrote:
I doubt they really care to be honest.

I think that's about right. They blame Microsoft for the lack of gameplay fixes. They make coy declarations about their intents and about "content", but not a single official word is given to the players. No dates are set. No updates on the official site. We know they can do things is they choose to, e.g. Firebreak.

GreenArcher
Sep 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-09-26 04:59, amtalx wrote:

I don't see this happening. Did people burn out on Halo 2? Nope, they just kept banging their head against the same wall for years. Halo 3 is going to do the same thing to the PSU population as Halo 2 did to PSOX. We'll deal with the population hit for now, and it will build back up over the next few months.

Heh.

Think about that bolded part...

KINDA SOUNDS LIKE PSO AND PSU AMIRITE?

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 26, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-09-26 14:50, Green_Archer3 wrote:

On 2007-09-26 04:59, amtalx wrote:

Heh.

for some people yes. Then you get others that hit their head and go, wtf? Take a break for like a week or two, play some more, then another bump on the head, and repeat the process!
Some people just like pain though.

THE JACKEL

Dre_o
Sep 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
PSU =/= Halo 1 through 20 (tba of course but you know...you know..)

MushiKuro
Sep 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
Maybe it's pure marketing or not, but I'm help to know the Cup it's comming http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

See ya!

X.X

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-09-26 14:50, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Heh.

It's what fans of any game series do!

I for one quite lavishly smash my forehead into mortar for Command and Conquer.

Koji1m1
Sep 26, 2007, 06:14 PM
hmmmm well i think halo 3 will do pretty good in japan so i agree with F-gattaca, but even though a bit of people might abandon thier 360 vers of ps2 They still have the PC and ps2 versions to play on though i doubt any jp users would give up thier old accounts for a new one on a Different system but thats just my opinon.

Zael
Sep 26, 2007, 07:10 PM
lol, there's still no notable effects on the PC/PS2 population.

Seems to only be a "problem" for PSU 360.

Parn
Sep 26, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:10, Zael wrote:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/Sychosis777/Beast%20Bonfire/0925132938.jpg

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 26, 2007, 07:20 PM
Gattaca not ONLY defends a console he doesn't own, but also defends a country he doesn't live in, because he thinks he knows everything about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JAPAN IS AWSUM GUYZ!!111

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/12/e8/b5/from-tokyo-government.jpg

am i rite???

Lykos
Sep 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
Wait... why are people in Uni 12 and 13? What happened to 1, 2, and 3?
Lots has changed since I've played I guess...
H3 maybe? lulz.

Parn
Sep 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
It was yesterday's event. Currently, there's 4 and 1/2 stars on Universe 1 on 360. Halo 3 took out a bit more than half the playerbase.

Zael
Sep 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:13, Parn wrote:

On 2007-09-26 17:10, Zael wrote:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/Sychosis777/Beast%20Bonfire/0925132938.jpg

oh, so it really isn't? Perfect. That means all those retards on the official forums are merely overexaggerating.

HFlowen
Sep 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
I've found the posters on the "official" forums to be the ones that are always the last to figure out anything.

I mean, I was accosted and called a liar by many people a few weeks ago for mentioning that kubara melee weps have a damage reduction.

Umberger
Sep 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:22, Lykos wrote:
Wait... why are people in Uni 12 and 13? What happened to 1, 2, and 3?
Lots has changed since I've played I guess...
H3 maybe? lulz.

It was from the Beast Bonfire...the event was held in Universes 12 and 13. Funny thing is, it was originally in Universe 12 only, but they had to expand to Universe 13 because of the overwhelming amount of people in one area. I think Sychosis said that he took those pictures at the first event too...so a large portion of the players were most likely not on.

omegapirate2k
Sep 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:26, Parn wrote:
It was yesterday's event. Currently, there's 4 and 1/2 stars on Universe 1 on 360. Halo 3 took out a bit more than half the playerbase.

Well, it WAS just released, so it's going to take a little while for people to stop playing mostly halo 3 and return to PSU.

Parn
Sep 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:34, omegapirate2k wrote:
Well, it WAS just released, so it's going to take a little while for people to stop playing mostly halo 3 and return to PSU.
We'll see. The population drop was around what I expected, but it remains to be seen how many folks return. My take: I think the majority of those individuals won't return until the expansion ships.

Lykos
Sep 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
Dang, half the population? Haha... WHO said the population wouldn't be affected?

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:20, Kikumaru wrote:
Gattaca not ONLY defends a console he doesn't own, but also defends a country he doesn't live in, because he thinks he knows everything about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JAPAN IS AWSUM GUYZ!!111

am i rite???

Wait a sec.

This whole time, I've been pointing out that Halo does have some notoriety outside of the United States.

Since when did verifying that information mean that I'm a "know-it-all defending a country he doesn't live in?"

Everyone's been chanting "Halo is an American thing." I bring up out two things demonstrating it's not, and now you're saying I'm a Japanophile for that?

I guess I seriously threatened your sense of well-being by saying Halo would actually do okay outside the U.S. if you're that desperate to mock and attack me.

Actually, you know what? I like the irony of Kikumaru, who is a wild-eyed PSU fanboy with a Japanese-sounding name, calling a guy who's defending Halo's viability outside the U.S. a Japanophile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-26 17:52 ]</font>

Zael
Sep 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
whoa oh!

omegapirate2k
Sep 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:38, Parn wrote:I think the majority of those individuals won't return until the expansion ships.

That seems like a reasonable assumption to me, I'm going to agree with you.

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:38, Parn wrote:
We'll see. The population drop was around what I expected, but it remains to be seen how many folks return. My take: I think the majority of those individuals won't return until the expansion ships.

Not much of a noticable drop here on PC/PS2.

Then again, anyone who plays PSU and has a 360 probably plays it there rather than on the PC, so we wouldn't notice a significant drop, I guess.

I wonder what would have happened if Halo 3 was available on the PC.

Weeaboolits
Sep 26, 2007, 09:01 PM
Now why can't they talk about cups now? >.>

DarkEliteRico
Sep 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
Haven't noticed too much of a drop in server population....but by the time i get on it's usually 1-2*'s max anyways.

VanHalen
Sep 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:01, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Peeps will pour there Mountain Dew Game Fuel in it.

Lykos
Sep 26, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:06, VanHalen wrote:

Which will just make it 100x better, seeing that Game Fuel is the best drink in the world, with or without the H3 marketing.

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 09:12 PM
Huh ... I've only heard about that stuff second hand. Never saw it sold aroud here.

Is it really that good? What does it taste like?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-26 19:13 ]</font>

VanHalen
Sep 26, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:11, Lykos wrote:

Which will just make it 100x better, seeing that Game Fuel is the best drink in the world, with or without the H3 marketing.

I disagree, Dr. Pepper is superior to secks. So by that logic it is better than Game Fuel XP

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 26, 2007, 09:23 PM
On 2007-09-26 17:51, F-Gattaca wrote:

Wait a sec.

This whole time, I've been pointing out that Halo does have some notoriety outside of the United States.

Since when did verifying that information mean that I'm a "know-it-all defending a country he doesn't live in?"

Everyone's been chanting "Halo is an American thing." I bring up out two things demonstrating it's not, and now you're saying I'm a Japanophile for that?

I guess I seriously threatened your sense of well-being by saying Halo would actually do okay outside the U.S. if you're that desperate to mock and attack me.

Actually, you know what? I like the irony of Kikumaru, who is a wild-eyed PSU fanboy with a Japanese-sounding name, calling a guy who's defending Halo's viability outside the U.S. a Japanophile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-09-26 17:52 ]</font>
[/quote]

Not once did I call you a, "Japanophile" or as people from the Internets like to call it, "Waponese". Secondly..I'm not arguing with you here Gattaca. Halo just isn't great in Japan like it is in the States, therefore..your statements of it being made of "WIN" outside of the States (i.e. Japan, lulz) are invalid.

Halo IS an American thing >.>..whether you want to admit that or not isn't my problem, but..it is. It was even..*gasp* MADE by Americans! Imagine that XD!

Ahem..anyway...I'm not a "wild-eyed" PSU fanboy either. I enjoy the game, yes..but I was just pointing out to you that PSU has sold much better than Halo has. Go check the sale figures if you don't believe me, Gattaca http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As I stated before:

America = Halo
Japan = PSU

I appreciate you helping me raise my post count with your little "attempt" of an argument, but I've heard enough, quite honestly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-09-26 19:24 ]</font>

Lykos
Sep 26, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:21, VanHalen wrote:

I disagree, Dr. Pepper is superior to secks. So by that logic it is better than Game Fuel XP

Dr. Pepper is great, only second to Game Fuel of course.

Arika
Sep 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
Why does anything has to do with Halo3

Arika
Sep 26, 2007, 09:37 PM
Why does Halo3 has to do anything with this

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:23, Kikumaru wrote:
Not once did I call you a, "Japanophile" or as people from the Internets like to call it, "Waponese". Secondly..I'm not arguing with you here Gattaca. Halo just isn't great in Japan like it is in the States, therefore..your statements of it being made of "WIN" outside of the States (i.e. Japan, lulz) are invalid.

Except I never said it was "made of win." I said this:

"Actually I'm pretty sure the Japanese enjoy Halo to some extent that Halo 3 would do well there in some form."

You, however, made a big obnoxious show of implying that I think Japan is the best thing in the world with your "HAY GUYZ JAPAN IS AWSUM GUYZ!!!1 AMIRITE" act.

Halo IS an American thing >.>..whether you want to admit that or not isn't my problem, but..it is. It was even..*gasp* MADE by Americans! Imagine that XD!

I'm sure you're getting a big kick out of deliberately misrepresenting what everyone meant when they said that. You and I both know they meant that "only American gamers buy Halo" when they say "it's an American thing."

Ahem..anyway...I'm not a "wild-eyed" PSU fanboy either. I enjoy the game, yes..but I was just pointing out to you that PSU has sold much better than Halo has. Go check the sale figures if you don't believe me, Gattaca http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

See, this is why I say you're threatened by what I said, and keep irrationally mocking and attacking me for it.

I didn't say Halo would pwn every other damn game in the Japanese market, I said it would do well in some form.

That's why I mentioned Halo 2 ranking third in Japan for the best selling games the week it launched. To show that Halo has historically done well in the Japanese market.

I appreciate you helping me raise my post count with your little "attempt" of an argument, but I've heard enough, quite honestly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Yeah, I've heard enough of your little Baghdad Bob act as well, twisting every post I make into a fake straw man for you to knock down.

I'm hoping everyone else who has been following this from the beginning can see right through all the attempts you've made at misrepresenting my words.

Weeaboolits
Sep 26, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:28, Lykos wrote:

Now why can't they talk about cups now? >.>Peeps will pour there Mountain Dew Game Fuel in it.Which will just make it 100x better, seeing that Game Fuel is the best drink in the world, with or without the H3 marketing.I disagree, Dr. Pepper is superior to secks. So by that logic it is better than Game Fuel XPDr. Pepper is great, only second to Game Fuel of course.Lies, nothing is better than Dr. Pepper!

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-09-26 20:30, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Now why can't they talk about cups now? >.>Peeps will pour there Mountain Dew Game Fuel in it.Which will just make it 100x better, seeing that Game Fuel is the best drink in the world, with or without the H3 marketing.I disagree, Dr. Pepper is superior to secks. So by that logic it is better than Game Fuel XPDr. Pepper is great, only second to Game Fuel of course.Lies, nothing is better than Dr. Pepper!

Correction.

Nothing is better than Dublin Dr. Pepper (http://www.olddocs.com/results.aspx?cat=Drinks&subcat1=Dr+Pepper).

Wallin
Sep 26, 2007, 10:39 PM
"Interesting Sega would "talk about" a cup after Halo 3 is released."

On 2007-09-25 20:50, Agnostic187 wrote:
Good marketing? Or just trying to keep players off of Halo 3? >.>

Do you know how "good marketing" actually works?

Why would you announce content to keep players on your game after the release of a major series conclusion? So you can keep the players who haven't already left for Halo? The announcement was made on the same day that Halo came out - anyone who was in the game and actually heard the announcement obviously wasn't playing Halo and didn't need to be influenced, while anyone who wasn't on the game and was already playing Halo not only didn't hear the announcement but also wouldn't give a darn even if they did. If this really was what Sega had in mind, they failed miserably at marketing and need to hire people who have taken economics before.

BanF
Sep 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
People have really got to stop buying into the Halo 3 hype. The GM was there, decided the crowd was nice enough and intelligent enough, and let them in on a bit of what's currently going on at SoA, simple as that. Halo 3 had nothing to do with it.

omegapirate2k
Sep 27, 2007, 09:47 AM
JAPAN IS AWSUM GUYZ!!111

Well that's just nifty.

CelestialBlade
Sep 27, 2007, 09:58 AM
On 2007-09-27 07:42, BanF wrote:
People have really got to stop buying into the Halo 3 hype. The GM was there, decided the crowd was nice enough and intelligent enough, and let them in on a bit of what's currently going on at SoA, simple as that. Halo 3 had nothing to do with it.

Oh lawd, is dat sum common sense?

F-Gattaca
Sep 27, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-09-27 07:42, BanF wrote:

I didn't think the Beast Bonfire was set up directly as a counter to Halo 3 release; an organized social get-together won't prevent the people who want to play Halo 3 from playing it, after all.

Besides that ... I said before in another thread that Halo 3 was a non-competitor. Or maybe I said that about Bioshock. I forget; they're both FPSes though, the point stands. People won't cancel their licenses for anything but a more attractive MMO, and they'll probably be finished with Halo 3's single player campaign within the space of a monthly payment, so it's not like people will quit PSU altogether.

Sega would be more worried if a number of people canceled their accounts more than people just not logging on during a chunk of their paid time.

On 2007-09-27 07:47, omegapirate2k wrote:

JAPAN IS AWSUM GUYZ!!111

Well that's just nifty.

Yeah, he's a real master of compelling counterarguments, isn't he? *cough*

omegapirate2k
Sep 27, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-09-27 08:09, F-Gattaca wrote:

On 2007-09-27 07:47, omegapirate2k wrote:

JAPAN IS AWSUM GUYZ!!111

Well that's just nifty.

Yeah, he's a real master of compelling counterarguments, isn't he? *cough*

Oh yes, makes me question my own values, even.

pikachief
Sep 27, 2007, 10:15 AM
On 2007-09-26 20:36, F-Gattaca wrote:

Correction.

Nothing is better than Dublin Dr. Pepper (http://www.olddocs.com/results.aspx?cat=Drinks&subcat1=Dr+Pepper).

Dr. pepper taste like medicine >.>

or so says my uncle who used to drink it everyday XD

(and the rest of my family agrees http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

F-Gattaca
Sep 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-09-27 08:15, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-09-26 20:36, F-Gattaca wrote:

Correction.

Dr. pepper taste like medicine >.>

or so says my uncle who used to drink it everyday XD

(and the rest of my family agrees http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Well, it was invented by a German pharmacist.

And they used to market soft drinks as "tonics."

I'm not surpried!

Turbobrain
Sep 27, 2007, 02:02 PM
I want back the 2 minutes I have wasted reading this thread....

Ryna
Sep 27, 2007, 02:10 PM
This thread is being locked since is going highly off-topic.