PDA

View Full Version : A question about aoi and payment for the importers :o

Eleina
Sep 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
Now that aoi has been released maybe you guys can answer a little question for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I was wondering if aoi's GL was separate from psu verion 1's...
This thought occured to me when i saw that EU release date might be a month behind the US's..If the GL ain't seperate there wouldn't be any billing problems for us EU guys if we imported/downloaded a US copy he he he

*awaits reply*

Menochi
Sep 26, 2007, 05:05 PM
The game key is tied to the same account. However, the English release of PSU doesn't even have a network key of any sort, so assumably, you'd have to get the same regional version as the one you're currently playing.

Turbobrain
Sep 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
This is also interesting me to. I run a PC(and have a PS2) my VERY close friend funs a PS2. Now the way I figure it I should be able to just import the game(or just buy it if I am in the US... why not my colleagues often fly there and it would take be cool to play it on the plane in story mode).

As for the accounts I think that accounts are EITHER EU/NA OR JAPANESE. So I'm sure if I was able to get s PC copy of AOI from the US it would work just fine online(even though the billing address is in the UK).

As for the PS2 version, I see a problem there because AFAIK all game disks are region coded and the EU and NA are different regions(BTW this is Sony's fauly... I remeber one game company did NOT region lock their game a few years back and Sony got pretty mad at them). I guess my firend could have his PS2 modded but then the Gamaguard software may picjk this up... IDK or he probly wont be happt to have some guy poking around in hus machine.

The bottom line. I am sure it will be fine for the PC version but not for PS2. Not becuase Sega is stopping EU accounts playing AoI before the official release dates but becuase of region locks on the PS2. Obviosly these locks don't exist on a PC(or DS which i why it pwns 'other' handlehelds:)).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-09-27 12:34 ]</font>

Menochi
Sep 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
I know there was some mess with EU importing the english version of PSU. PC/PS2 have always been internchangeable.

As far as PS2 goes, you need a PS2 from the same region as the game to go online with it. Modded or not.

Niloklives
Sep 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
where are you getting that from?
here's the deal:

PS2 is region coded. so the JP version will not play on a EU or US PS2, but if you have a way of bypassing region coding, there's no reason you wouldn't be able to play it online as long as the disk is legitimate.

EU uses a different video standard than US/JP (PAL as opposed to NTSC) the result is a that the game ends up not looking as it should on your TV without some way of converting the video signal.

now people trying to play the game online without the original disk will hit a wall called DNAS. I can't really talk about about to bypass this but there ARE ways. however you need to have a JP license to play it anyway, so you'll have to give sega money no matter what.

Finally gameguard is a security program for PC gaming...PS2 doesn't have, use, or see gameguard and is there not subject to its security features. all the of security on PS2 is either in the system file or server side.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-27 15:47 ]</font>

Menochi
Sep 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
DNAS I heard affected the original cd as well, but I never bothered to try going online with my PS2, so I could've been told wrong.

Niloklives
Sep 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
it's likely they told you that under the impression its didn't work because they tried doing it with a copied game. the DNAS data is kept in tact on an official disk regardless of region coding.