PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Competitive Photon Pricing

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
I noticed that Elemental Photons are hard to move of late.

It used to be, earlier this year when all the haxeta was around, that elemental photons could go for as much as 50k. They sold pretty quickly despite this extortionary price.

More recenrtly, the competitive edge was 10k.

Earlier this month, Balthasar and I discussed pricing, and it seems that 5k was the hard limit at the time.

Since August, I've been selling elemental photons for no more than 2.5k.

But now, they won't move at all.

I did a cursory glance of shops. A guy I know sells them for 250. The more common competitive price range seems to be around 1000 for stores that announce their prices.

Is the PC/PS2 economy finally leveling off?

VanHalen
Sep 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
I normally sell mine for 400 meseta. Also other products for below NPC prices. I haven't really checked any other player shops recently since I assume they are still inflated. I could be wrong ;o, maybe stuff did drop since meseta duping.

Golto
Sep 26, 2007, 09:16 PM
I've been selling megi for 1.2k and all but megi and ray for 2k each. Non-megi seem to sell out within a week

Skids
Sep 26, 2007, 09:19 PM
Not 100% percent sure on the economy leveling from haxeta. I think its more the missions as of late making them all really common. Megi photons have always been common of the 6. After fire break I notice ban and gra photons were more easily to come by. Then with duel in the ruins. Element photon banaza.

Plus with shops I been selling my extras for 755 and they take a while even at that price to sell.

F-Gattaca
Sep 26, 2007, 09:31 PM
Well, it's that way even with the "quicker" elemental photons, like Di and Ray. Those tend to sell the fastest, but even they don't move nowadays ...

Dragon_Knight
Sep 26, 2007, 09:35 PM
Yea my elemntal stock hasn't budged in quite a while either....use to be I could sell everything but rays for 7k. Di-s seemed to go quickly too at the time but its been two weeks and my photons havn't sold at all.

Sol-Edge
Sep 26, 2007, 09:37 PM
The reason why your photons won't sell isn't really because of your pricing but because of the Item Search Limit. So many people put photons in their shops as "storage" and so those are the photons that sadly end up popping up the most when you search a specific photon.

I wish more people wrapped them up as presents and stored those instead of putting them in the shop as "storage"

McLaughlin
Sep 26, 2007, 09:41 PM
Everyone probably has all the weapons they need. Mass synthing is no longer required.

omegapirate2k
Sep 26, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-09-26 19:41, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Everyone probably has all the weapons they need. Mass synthing is no longer required.

Until the expansion, atleast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkEliteRico
Sep 26, 2007, 09:57 PM
well hell gimme the goods on some cheap photons, i'm still trying to get better %'s for some armors. I'm too lazy to farm them ATM, i'd rather lvl up since i'm getting back onto PC servers

GuardianPoe
Sep 27, 2007, 01:18 AM
On 2007-09-26 19:37, Sol-Edge wrote:
I wish more people wrapped them up as presents and stored those instead of putting them in the shop as "storage"

I second that. I'll be ecstatic when the search functions are expanded and I can at least filter the $99999999 photons out of my search.

Not too mention anything else that comes up at that price... cause really... just... why?

Niloklives
Sep 27, 2007, 07:37 AM
I see a lot of shops selling photons for under 1k all the time and those don't move that often except rays and dis. I'm still buying photons these days but megi and gra I tend to skip over unless they're ~200meseta zon and ban I buy under 500meseta and ray and di I buy under 1k. if someone has prices similar to that in shop, mail me and I'll be sure to come get them.

in any case getting photons for under 1k isn't out of the question anymore, and shopkeepers are going to have to get used to that.

to be fair though I sell all my 9* weapons that don't make 20% for 50k. its the cheap photons that let me do that.

danny_o
Sep 27, 2007, 08:22 PM
Push your prices down until you stock goes away... That might be kind of hard to understand. I keep Zon's above 800 meseta(360 servers) and Di's and Ray's around 500~600, and they are gone the next day. I might put my Megi's lower, because I have loads of them.